Best Steam Mop Reviews
In this site; we have reviewed over 44 best steam mops and domestic steam cleaners from top brands to give you the best choice as to which steamer should you go for based on product size, functionalities and price range.
Below is a quick snap comparison table of the top 5 best rated steam mops UK 2017.
Related: Top 5 Best Steam Cleaners Reviews UK 2017.
Top Rated Steam Mops UK 2017
|No.||Product||Product Name & Detailed Reviews||Steam Time (mins)||Heat Up Time(Sec)||Cord Length (m)||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|No.||Product||Product Name & Detailed Reviews||Steam Time (mins)||Heat Up Time(Sec)||Cord Length (m)||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|1||Vax Steam Fresh Combi 15 in 1 S86-SF-C Steam Cleaner||20||30||8||4.3|
|2||Shark Multifunction Lite Steam Pocket Mop S2901UK||15||30||7||4.5|
|3||H2O HD High Definition 5 in 1 Steam Cleaner||15||25||6.0||4.4|
|4||Vileda Steam Mop||15||6||4.3|
|5||Vax Steam Mop S7 - 2 in 1 Upright and Handheld Steam Cleaner||12||30||8||4.1|
What is the Best Steam Mop 2017?
The Best Steam Mop UK 2017 based on research, ratings and expert opinion is the Vax steam fresh combi s86-sf-c.
The Vax 15 in 1 steam cleaner is both a floor steam cleaner and a handheld steamer hence the name ‘combi’ meaning combination.
Basically, the Vax steam mop 15 in 1 is an improved version of the former best selling Vax S86-SF-CC Steam Fresh Combi Classic 10-in-1 Handheld and Steam Mop. There is a new version; the Vax steam fresh power plus that can clean up to the roof of your house.
The Vax 15 in 1 steam cleaner was crowned as the best home steam mop in 2014 by the leading consumer research giant “Which” after extensive research and analysis. Since then it has always topped the best sellers ranks among the best rated steam mops and steam cleaners in the UK Market.
It is packed with exciting features that will make your cleaning tasks effortless and fun.
- The Vax Steam Fresh Combi 15 in 1 S86-SF-C Steam Cleaner is a 2 in 1 multifunctional cleaner that comes with a 15 piece accessory tool kit. The kit gives the S86-SF-C added functionality. It has two tanks, one for detergent and the other for water.
- It uses specially designed patented Vax detergent that is blended with different welcoming scents (citrus burst, Lime zest and spring fresh).
- It is fitted with a nifty variable floor setting. This setting enables you to choose the amount of hot vapour to release on your floors. This makes it suitable for most floor types including sensitive flooring like laminate floors. It also has an in-built floor scrubber for you to spot clean any ingrained stains and caked in dirt.
- It can complete 15 different cleaning tasks in your house which means you can accomplish all your cleaning tasks with just one gadget. You can clean your windows; steam your upholstery, mattress, kitchen worktops, tile grouting, shower cubicle, refresh carpets and spruce up your car alloy wheels.
- It kills 99% of all germs on your surfaces and comes with a Vax detergent that cleans far much better and kills 37% more bacteria on your floors than most floor cleaning mops in the market. This alone will provide healthy spaces for your family and pets. It also battles dirt and grime on your surfaces and not only leaves them stunningly clean but also gives them a welcoming fresh citrus scent. The scent can last up to seven days.
- The Vax steam fresh combi s86-sf-c has 8m long cord (the longest of all the steam floor cleaners in the UK market). With such a long cable you can cover wide areas in your domestic spaces without the need to plug and unplug when changing sockets. The long cord makes the s86-sf easy to manoeuvre and a joy to use. It also has swivel head steering for easy navigation around tight spaces like table legs and under sofa seats.
- It is durable and effective. It comes with an iron-clad two year manufacturer guarantee. All you have to do is to register your electric mop at the manufacturer’s website to activate the guarantee. This gives you peace of mind with the knowledge that you can use your s86 for at least 2 years and in case it breaks down you are covered by the manufacturer’s guarantee. Most customer feedbacks indicate that the customer service desk at Vax is quite helpful.
The few negative things about the Vax 15 in 1 are:
- It is relatively heavier than other lightweight cleaners. It weighs 3.5 kgs.
- The Vax detergent though cheap can add up in cost overtime and make it expensive. However you can use the Vax S86-SF-C cleaner without detergent and yet achieve spectacular results.
- Its hand-held cleaner does not use Vax detergent. The Vax detergent is only used on the floor mop. However, the idea behind hot vapour mops is to use only hot vapour to kill 99% of all germs and bacteria on your floors without the use of detergents. So even without the Vax detergent you can still kill all germs and bacteria on your surfaces using steam only to make your surfaces germ free and gleaming.
- Click to read what Amazon customers say about the Vax steam fresh combi.
Related:best carpet cleaner reviews UK 2017.
#2: Morphy Richards 15 in 1 Steam Mop
The Morphy Richards 15 in 1 steam cleaner is one of the very few floor mops that has illuminated lighting on the floor head. It is an improved version of the previous Morphy Richards 12 in 1 Steam Cleaner Luna with Vibrated Floorhead.
The vibrated floorhead provides a ray of beamed light on your cleaning path to give you an indication of how well you are cleaning.
The Morphy Richards Steam Mop Luna plus floor head also has pulsating vibrations that agitate caked in dirt. This will help you effortlessly clean up smudges and stains by letting the floor head to vibrate on the stain/smudge to dismantle the dirt. It is quite convenient for spot cleaning too.
- The Morphy Richards 15 in 1 steam cleaner has variable floor setting which allows you to select the appropriate hot vapour to release on your floors. It is quite suitable for all floor types.
- It has a detachable handheld cleaner that comes with a sling that you can hang on your shoulders for maximum flexibility when cleaning. With the help of the sling, you free your two hands for quick dusting and wiping of your surfaces.
- It is multifunctional and can clean up to 12 different parts in your house; from windows to kitchen worktops.
- It has swivel steer floor head for convenient manoeuvring around your furniture.
- It is suitable for most tiled floors (stone tile, saltillo, shiny, unglazed, ceramic, textured, vinyl, slate, porcelain, gloss, and bathroom and quarry tile floors).
- Here is what Amazon Customers say about this Morphy Richards 15 in 1 steam cleaner.
Best Cheap Steam Mop Reviews UK 2017
The cheapest yet best steam mop UK 2017 is the Vax Steam Mop S7 also called Total Home Master. It is one of the best 2 in 1 steam mops in the market today.
The Vax S7 is the number one Amazon best selling ‘steam mop’ and ‘steam cleaner’ 2017.
What you get from the Vax S7 is the 16 piece tool kit that will help to clean every part of your house be it floors, windows, tiles, taps even kids toys hence the name ‘total home master’
The main selling points of this Vax steamer is that:
- It has a shoulder strap that helps free your one hand while using the handheld steamer.
- It has a very long 7m long power cord to help you clean a big room without the need to keep plugging and unplugging the cable
- It features ‘angular floor head’ that helps cleaning those hard to reach areas.
- It comes with a 400ml water tank that heats up in 30seconds to give you 15 minutes steaming time
- It has a carpet glider for refreshing carpets
- For peace of mind you get 2 years warranty
- Click to read what Amazon Customers say about the Vax S7.
Best Steam Mop Cleaner Reviews UK 2017
The following 2 best steam mop cleaners are quite good in cleaning both floors and others surfaces.
Unlike other best rated multi-purpose steam floor cleaners in the market , like the Vax 15 in 1, which their handheld devices claimed to be too heavy, these two have relatively lightweight and versatile handheld cleaners to make you waltz through all your cleaning tasks with minimal effort.
The Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaner has sold over 10 million units in the last few years. It is quite popular because it is versatile and effective. Here is why the H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Multi Purpose Steam cleaner is selling so well:
H20 X5: Benefits of buying it:
- The H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop can clean windows, upholstery, worktops, curtains and floors.
- It runs on a 1500 watt motor that heats up in 30 seconds to give you between 20-25 minutes cleaning time.
- It can clean an entire standard room without need to refill the tank. This will help you build on the momentum you generate as you clean.
- The thane TV x5 is fitted with 4 levels of variable floor setting (low, medium, high, very high). This is ideal for deep cleaning. It means you can tackle anything with this cleaner.
- For greasy surfaces like oven/grills, just whip the high setting and all the grease gives way to leave your appliances looking like new again.
- It is quite light, it weighs only 2.5 kgs
- It kills 99% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces.
- It currently has high customer star rating (4.3 stars). 88%of the people who have purchased this best floor steamer are very happy with its performance.
What You May Want to Know about the X5 Mop
- Previous makes of the Thane x5 were quite fiddly but the manufacturer has since improved the h20 x5 and now have a robust and sturdy steam cleaner- the red X5 Mop.
- The power cord of the x5 is not as long (5m) as that of Vax fresh combi (8m).
- You will have to occasionally de-scale it to stop limescale from building up.
The Thane H2O HD Steam Mop just hit the market in April 2015 and has since generated a lot of excitement. It looks sleek and has cool features that will enhance your cleaning chores. It runs on a 1500 watt which is adequate for quick heat up :
H20 HD Steam Mop Reviews: Pros
This best floor cleaner so far received glowing reviews. It has 4.4 star rating out of the maximum 5 stars.
- The Thane H2O HD Steam Cleaner has a wide floor head sufficient enough for you to cover large spaces with just a few strokes (that means less work for you).
- It is fitted with an inbuilt filter this helps your cleaner last long. You can use ordinary tap water even if you live in a hard water area when using the h20x5 HD without clogging up your cleaner with built-up limescale.
- It has an adjustable handle and a 360 degrees swivel steer floor head to help you effortlessly access hard to reach areas.
- It has a removable water tank that is 50 ml bigger than the average floor steamers. This gives you more cleaning time, enough to cover a standard room without need to refill the tank.
The only snag about the h20 hd steam mop is that it is relatively costly than most cleaners in the market but it produces excellent results on both floors and even glass surfaces like windows and bathroom cubicles.
Best Value Steam Mop
In case you are looking for the cheap yet best steam mops; then have a look at these top 3 best value steam mops. You can get one of these even if you are on a tight budget.
- Vax Steam Mop S7 – 2 in 1 Upright and Handheld Steam Cleaner: The Vax s7 is currently topping the Amazon bestseller list because it is affordable and reliable.You also get two years manufacturers guarantee when you register your Vax S7 2-in-1 in the Vax website.
- Morphy Richards 9 in 1 Steam Cleaner
- Vax S88W1MB Steam Mop S88-W1M-B White
- Quest 9 in 1 Steam Cleaner
- Beldray 1300w steam mop
Among low and medium priced home steam mops the Vax S7 Steam Mop is the hottest steam mop in the UK market right now. It is the #1 Best Value Steam Mop UK 2017. It is very cheap but effective in cleaning floors and other surfaces.
- It has been a bestselling cleaner in Amazon for the last two years.
- The S7 is a 2-in-1 cleaner performs as well as most pricey steam floor cleaners. The key difference is that it does not have variable floor control setting.
- It features ‘angular floor head ’ that makes it easy to clean hard to reach areas
- It is powered by 1600watts motor with 7 metre power cord
- It quite lightweight, weighing 2.7kg only
- It is of 29 x 122 x 23 cm size
- It features 400ml water tank that heat up in 20 minutes to give you 12 minutes cleaning time.
- It comes with 16 piece accessory kit plus a shoulder strap that helps to keep one hand free while using handheld steamer
- It comes with 2 years warranty for peace of mind.
- Here is what Amazon customers say about the Vax steam mop S7.
Best Steam Mop and Vacuum
There is only 2 options when it comes to choosing which is the best steam mop and vacuum to buy UK 2017. It is either you go for Bissell Vac and Steam or the Abode Pro Vac and Steam (Read reviews below)
The Bissell Vac and Steam 1132e is considered one of the best steam mop and vacuum cleaner.
As you already know before steaming with any steamer like the Bissell powerfresh steam mop; you have to hover your floor first but with Bissell Vac no need for vacuuming first.
This Bissell Steam Mop vac and steam will cut down the time you use in cleaning your floor surfaces as it is a nifty fully fledged vacuum and steam mop with ability to simultaneously vacuum and steam mop at the same time. This will save you time.
- It has adjustable handle
- Variable floor control and control for overheating
- It comes fitted with scented disks that leave your floors smelling fresh
This Bissell steam mop and vacuum all in one a nifty steamer however it is mainly good for hard floors and not carpets. The suction of the vacuum though ok is not the most powerful. You may find that you still need your good old Henry vacuum for deep vacuuming of carpets.
2: Abode Pro+ Vac and Steam 2-in-1 Cleaner, ASVC4001
- The Abode Pro+ Vac and Steam 2-in-1 Cleaner, ASVC4001 is white in color, weighing 4.3kg and of 22.5 x 115 x 29 cm size.
- It has a very large tank size of 550ml that heats up in 20 seconds to give you 25 minutes steaming time.
- It is powered by 1550watts motor with 8m long power cord.
- It features ‘swivel head ‘ that makes it easy to clean hard to reach areas
- For peace of mind, this Abode steam cleaner comes with 3 years warranty
- It is made up to be used only on hardwood floors and not carpets.
- It is sturdy and of good value for money.
- Click to read what Amazon Customers say about this Abode steam mop.
Best Steam Mop Consumer Reports
Consumer reports like Good Housekeeping and Which? vouch for theShark Lift-Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop – S3901 . This is a 2 in 1 gadget that employs a lot of cutting edge technology to make you clean your laminate and wooden flooring with ease. This product is rated as one of the top steam cleaner to buy by the leading consumer review and analysis firm “good housekeeping”.
- It dries floors super quick.
- It has a swivel head steering, variable floor setting.
- It has one of the best quality floor head in the cleaning industry and a long cord.
- The Shark lift away professionalis also long lasting according to thousands of customer reviews we have surveyed.
Best Steam Cleaner for Carpet
All of the best steam cleaner covered in this article have a carpet glider for refreshing carpet. If you want the best steam cleaner for carpet You can choose either the Vax steam fresh combi, Morphy Richards 15 in 1, X5 Mop, Shark or even the Vileda steam mop.
However for deep carpet cleaning you still need a dedicated carpet cleaner. If you are looking for the best carpet cleaner; check one of these top rated carpet cleaners UK 2017.
- Vax V-124A Dual V Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
- Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Multivax Dry Vacuum and Carpet Washer
- Vax W90-RU-P Rapide Ultra 2 Pre-Treatment Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
- Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright Carpet Washer
- Vax W87-DV-R Dual V Advance Reach Upright Carpet Cleaner
- Vax w87-dv-b dual v advance upright carpet
- Bissell cleanview deep clean carpet cleaner
- Bissell Clean View ProHeat Carpet Washer and or the
- Vax W90-RU-B Rapide Ultra Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
Any steamer with carpet glider/carpet attachment functionality can be used to refresh carpets.
By refresh here we mean that they can actually bring up the pile and rejuvenate it by loosening surface dirt and killing germs on your carpets. This is good enough to get rid of smudges and stains on your carpets.
The carpets actually look newer after refreshing them with hot vapour. Many people are turning to floor cleaning mops that clean with hot vapour as a quick fix to cleaning carpets.
The good thing with home steam cleaners with a carpet glider is that you can clean on the go.
Best Steam Mop for Pets
If you have pets and are looking for the dedicated best steam mop for pets; then you are covered because here are the 2 best floor steam cleaners for pets that are worth it.
1: Morphy Richards 720025 Total Clean Pets Steam Cleaner
The Morphy Richards 720025 Total Clean Pets Steam Cleaner is white in color, weighing 3kg and of 26 x 110 x 3 cm size.
- It is one of the best 2 in 1 steam cleaners: a floor steam cleaner and a handheld steamer
- It is powered by 1600w motor with 5 metre cable length
- It features 200ml water tank that heats up in 30 seconds to give you 14 minutes cleaning time.
- It also features ‘triangular floor head for steaming hard to reach areas.
- It comes with a carpet glider for refreshing carpets
- The total clean pet is sturdy, easy to use and offer good value for money.
- You can use it to clean any sealed hard floor
- Click to read what Amazon Customers say about thistotal clean pet steam mop.
2: Vax Steam Fresh Pet Steam Cleaner S86-SF-P
This Steam Fresh Pet Steam Cleaner S86-SF-P features a pet pad that removes all pet hair from your surfaces. It also has a considerably longer cleaning time (30 minutes). The defining feature of this cleaner is the pet pad that is specially designed to remove even the tiniest pet fur from your surfaces. However it does not have a handheld cleaner. It has a scrubber and steam burst functionality for caked in dirt and tough stains.
Click to read detailed Vax steam fresh pet review.
Best Heavy Duty Steam Mop
If you want to steam clean your garage, patio areas, car wheels, motorcycles or trucks and boats to mention but a few then you have only option to go for and that is the MC-1275 best heavy duty steam mop UK 2017.
MC-1275 Heavy-duty Steam Cleaner, Mcculloch (Complete Set) by McCulloch
If you are looking for the heavy duty steam mop, then the MC-1275 Heavy-duty Steam Cleaner, Mcculloch (Complete Set) by McCulloch is the only one option to go for.
- The MC-1275 Heavy-duty Steam Cleaner is powered by 1500watts motor with 12 foot power cord
- It comes with 10 piece accessory kit with necessary tools for cleaning floors, upholstery, carpeting, and floor mats, BBQ grill, patio furniture, or garage, trucks, boats, car wheels and motorcycles
- It has variable steam control setting for adjusting amount of steam depending on the type of surfaces being cleaned.
- It has an indicator light that light up when the machine is ready to be used.
- It has an onboard storage facility for storing the attachments.
- This heavy duty mop has just been introduced in the UK market; hence no any reviews so far even any explanation about the product itself.
- Check the MC-1275 Heavy-duty Steam Cleaner on Amazon.
Best Steam Mop for Large Areas
The following are the best 3 best steam mops for large areas.
1: Vax 15 in 1 steam cleaner
The Vax 15 in 1 steam cleaner has 8m power cord, long enough to clean large area, it comes with a 500ml water tank that heats up in 30 seconds to give you 20 minutes steaming time and also has a good sizeable floor head.
2: H20 HD Steam Mop
The Thane H20 HD Steam Mop features 6m power cord, 450ml water tank that heats up in 25 seconds to give you 15 minutes steaming time. and above all the hd steamer features ‘Extra large & super manoeuvrable 360° mop head’ that is suitable for cleaning large areas easily.
3: Karcher SC3 Steam Cleaner
TheKarcher SC3 Steam Cleaner
has a very large water tank, 1000ml that heats up in 30 seconds to give you 40 minutes cleaning time.Its power cord is a bit short, 5m long. Hower it has a wide floor head good enough for cleaning large areas.
Note: Consider these factors first, for cleaning large areas you need a swab that has a long power cord for reducing the stress of keeping plugging and unplugging the cable.
You also need a steamer with a large water tank to overcome the need for refilling the water tank frequently and
You also need a steamer with a large floor head to help you clean faster and on time for doing other things.
Best Steam Mop for Hard Water Areas
If you are leaving in hard water areas; you need to buy a floor steamer with built in water filter.
With time the filter tend to darken hence the need to change it.
Be sure to keep an eye on the water filter because if you forget to change the filter in time your steamer will clog and the steam will stop coming out .
Having said so-
Here are the 3 best steam mops for hard water areas
Good Steam Mop
There is a lot of other good steam mops out there. They are not much popular but quite good in what they do.
1: Quest 9-in-1 Steam Cleaner
The quest 9 in 1 steam cleaner is one of the best 2 in 1 home steam cleaners: a floor steam cleaner and handheld steamer.
- The Quest 9 in 1 is yellow in color, weighing 2.9kg and of 27 x 15 x 54 cm size.
- It is powered with 1300watts motor with 5 metre cable length.
- The Quest 9 in 1 feature a large 450ml water tank that heats up in 30 seconds to give you 15 to 20 minutes cleaning time.
- Click to read a detailed Quest 9 in 1 steam cleaner review
2: Beldray Steam Mop, 1300 Watt
The Beldray 1300 Watt Steam Mop is one of the top rated Beldray steam mops UK.This steam mop works only as a ‘floor steamer’ with no handheld attachment.
- The Beldray 1300 is white/red in color, weighing 1.3kg and of 29 x 28 x 115 cm size.
- It features a ‘swivel head’ for ease to clean hard to reach areas.
- Has indicators light for showing when the steamer is ready to use.
- it comes with a carpet glider for refreshing carpets.
- Has 5m cable length long enough for cleaning a standard room.
- Click to read a detailed Beldray 1300w review
3: VonHaus Multifunctional
TheVonHaus Multifunctional is one of the 2 in 1 steam mops UK that features ‘swivel head’ for easy to clean tight corners.
- It is powered by 1500watts motor with 6m power cord
- It features 450ml water tank that heats up in 30seconds to give you 20 minutes steaming time
- It has light indicators that indicate when the steamer is ready to use.
- It has variable steam control settings for adjusting steam based on the type of floor being cleaned.
- For peace of mind, you get 2 years warranty.
- It comes with carpet glider for refreshing carpets
- Click to read what Amazon customers say about this VonHaus Multifunctional steamer.
Best Lightweight Steam Mop UK 2017
For one reason or the other (eg. being old, have arthritis or any other reason real) you might find yourself looking for the best lightweight steam mop; and here are the best 3 you can buy right now.
1: Vax S7 Steam Mop
The Vax S7 Steam Mop weighs only 2.7 kgs and it has handy cable storage on the stick. It has an angular head, variable control and 16 piece accessory attachments.
2:Morphy Richards 720515 Multi Floors Steam Mop – White:
The Morphy Richards 720515 multi-floors weigh only 2.1 kgs. It has a 270 ml tank that heats up in 40 seconds to give you 10 minutes of continuous cleaning. It has an ON/OFF button so you don’t have to keep pressing the trigger to release hot jetting vapour.
3: Vax S88W1MB Steam Mop S88-W1M-B White/Black
The Vax S88W1MB comes with a two year guarantee and has a carpet glider for refreshing carpets. It weighs only 2.2 kgs and has a 6m cable length .It is powered by 1500watts and has a 280ml water tank that warms up in 30 seconds to give you 10 minutes steaming time.
Hottest Steam Mop/Best Selling Steam Mop UK 2017
Amazon always releases the best selling list; In case of steam mops here are the top 5 Amazon hottest steam mops UK 2017.
Best Steam Mop under £100
For the best steam mop under £100; check these 5 best floor steamers below:
- Vax steam fresh combi
- Morphy Richards 12 in 1 steam mop
- H20 HD steam Mop
- Shark lift away and the
- Morphy Richards 15 in 1 steam mop
Best Steam Mop under £50
There are a lot of best steam mops under £50 and here are the leading models that you can buy with full confidence knowing that what you get is of good value for money.
- Vax s7
- Morphy Richards 720020 9-in-1 Steam Cleaner – White
- Dirt Devil 5-in-1 Steam Cleaner, 0.33 Litre, White/Red
- Vax S2S-1 Hard Floor Pro
Best Steam Mop : UK Buying Guide
When choosing which is the best steam mop to buy UK 2017, check out for those that are easy to assemble. If it is too complicated to fit together, move over to the next one because it takes away the delight of buying it.
Read through the product description to be sure that you can assemble the gadget you buy with relative ease.
If you are like most people, you always want immediate gratification from what you buy, do not let assembling the product you buy stand in the way.
Fortunately all the best products we have reviewed can be assembled effortlessly.
When you use clean microfibre pads, your floors will never leave streaks that steal the gloss a good run of cleaning is supposed to give you.
I see in forums and reviews people venting their frustrations by complaining that their products leave streaks on their floors.
Truth be told, no best cleaner is designed to leave streaks.
In most cases when a cleaner leaves streaks, it is normally due to the fact that the floor head cloths/microfibre pads are not quite clean. So always remember to toss the microfibre pads in the washing machine or give them a hand wash with ordinary washing powder.
Fast Drying Time
When shopping for the best mop, check out for those that guarantee you fast drying time. Efficient cleaners should leave your surfaces dry in at least five minutes after cleaning.
When using high hot vapour pressure especially if using high pressure bar cleaners like the 4.5 pressure bar Polti Vaporetto eco pro, you need to dry your floor with a dry cloth after cleaning with hot vapour.
For best results clean in small sections preferably 2 metre square then dry it with a soft dry cloth before you progress. If you work through your floors like this, the floors will be left gleaming.
You will find that a number of multi-purpose steam mops have this capability of leaving your floors really dry after cleaning. This is because they are fitted with the best microfiber cloths that sap up the condensation as they trap all the dirt in the cloth.
Of course you don’t want your floors wet after cleaning especially with children and even dogs walking up and down the house. This could be hazardous. Go for cleaners that come with a wiping cloth accessory.
Decent Cord Length
Check out how long the electric cord is. As always you want a long electric cord to save you the task of unplugging from one socket to the other as you work through the surfaces of your house.
You don’t want to be burdened with the inconvenience of buying a number of electric socket extension cords once you have already purchased your cleaning equipment just because the cord attached to your cleaner is short. It is therefore crucial that you consider this factor (length of cord) when shopping.
Replacement Jugs and Micro-Fibre Pads
In identifying a quality gadget, you should look out for models that come with a top up jug in their accessory kit. This will spare you the task of having to remove the water tank once the water runs out of the reservoir for refilling. A replacement jug also reduces the chance of water spilling in the process of refilling the tank.
High Quality Microfiber Pads
Hot vapour mops are normally fitted with a cloth or microfibre pads beneath them. These clothes/microfiber are quite important in cleaning your surfaces because through them dirt from your surface is trapped on the floor head leaving your surfaces clean and fresh.
If you are likely to be using your cleaner on floors, it will be advisable to buy those fitted with microfiber pads as opposed to cloths. A microfiber pad fitting helps your floor to dry up quicker. They are also washable and reusable. They last longer than clothes and are easy to clean when compared to clothes.
How to Maintain Microfibre Pads
When shopping, check for pads that are easier to maintain. Though the cleaner comes with a supply of replacement pads, these pads eventually run out and you have to buy replacement. However, if you take good care of the pads by regularly cleaning them after use, the pads will last long and spare you the cost of replacing them regularly.
The microfiber fitting is easier to maintain. Here is why: Microfibre pads are made of synthetic material which is easier to wash than clothes. It is advisable to let your gadget cool down before storing it. This will protect the surface floor of your storage room.
Of cause depending on how much storage space you have, you should choose a cleaner that will not be awkward and bulky to store.
Best Storage and Safety Aspects of Your Cleaner
Consider the storage and safety aspects of your gadget. Depending on your budget, it is advisable to buy a cleaner that has its own safety mat to hold the gadget after cleaning.
This saves you time you could have spent waiting for the cleaner to cool down before you store it. Alternatively shop for those that have continuous cleaning setting embedded in them.
Read reviews to find out which cleaner enables you to clean both hard and soft areas. This is convenient and efficient since you end up with a “one stop machine” to cater for all your surfaces.
However do not use it as a vacuum
This will wear your gadget down. Always vacuum before cleaning to enable the cleaner do the heavy lifting job of deep cleaning your floors. Hot vapour mops kill 99% germs on your surfaces and can sift even the tiniest of dust particles.
Though most cleaners reviewed here will not only clean in a super fast fashion and leave your surfaces spotless, some of us actually prefer fresh scented smell to crown everything up.
If adding a freshener to your gadget appeals to you, then you need to shop for the one that has a component that allows you to add a freshener in your water tank.
Most Vax cleaning products for example come with a specially designed scented detergent. However, adding chemicals and fresheners without due regard to manufacturer’s specification might damage your gadget.
That is why you should think about whether you really want to use a mop that allows you to add a freshener and buy one that has this capability.
Continuous Floor Setting
Most ordinary cleaners normally need some cooling off period/time before you can refill the water tank. However most quality cleaners use cutting edge technology that enables them to be refilled on demand without the need for the gadget to cool down. This of course has an overall effect of not only saving you time (no waiting for the gadget to cool down while cleaning) but could extend the life of your cleaner (the risk of overheating is reduced).
Most cleaning products come with an assortment of attachment such as : an adjustable nozzle, hard and soft brushes, squeegee, carpet glider, and Velcro microfibre pads that could be customized to clean different parts of the house. Most 2 in 1 mops normally give you value for money.
They can be detached to clean hard to reach places. With the right accessories, you can customise the handheld cleaner that are embedded in most highly top rated steam mops UK to spruce up most of your surfaces.
You will find that most of the multi-purpose best cleaners give you more capability and flexibility. You can use them to clean Grout, Cookers, Upholstery, Windows, Carpets Hard floors and Tiles. These are the products that fit the bill of a quality hot vapour gadget in the UK.
With such multiple accessories to use on your hand held cleaner device you get flexibility of use that turns your gadget into a complete steam cleaning system.
Powerful Motor Engine
Another important factor to consider when choosing the best is the size of the motor engine. The motor is the one that powers your cleaner.
Of course you want a powerful machine that will make your cleaning task quick, fun and easy. To achieve this, you need a motor with considerably high wattage because the more the wattage the more powerful and effective the cleaning will be.
The water will be heated up in record time and you get longer time to use the cleaner. The wattage can go as high as 1800 watts. However with 1200 Watts and above, you should be treading on quality grounds.
The search for more power however comes at a price. The more the wattage the device has the heavier it will be, so you need to factor that into your plan. There are cleaners that have wheels on the base though, in which case weight of the cleaner is no issue because you won’t have to push it around.
The cleaner you end up buying depends really on your individual needs. Before you set out in search of the cleaner you desire, you should first decide what you would really want to use it for. Consider the size of your house and the kind of surfaces that you are going to it on.
- Do you have different surfaces across the house?
- Do you have pets?
- Do you have children who crawl about your floors?
- Are your surfaces tiled, laminate, hardwood, vinyl, all carpeted, a mix of carpet and hard surfaces?
- Are the surfaces sealed? Are there insurance clauses regarding cleaners?
These factors will enable you to choose the steam mop that is tailored to your needs.
What are the Best Functionalities to look for?
Once you figure out what you plan to use your cleaner for, you need to decide the size and weight of the gadget that will closely fit your preferred way of working. Most floor mops come in different shapes, weights and capabilities.
Here are the basics. You want to go for a gadget that is easy and convenient to use on all your floor surfaces. Ideally it should have a carpet glider that can be locked into place when in use.
The best product should heat up really quick to avoid any waiting moments but still give you extended cleaning time. It should be easy to handle and store, it should ideally have an extension cord that is suited to the size of your house, one that could enable you to be creative and add a freshener to it.
The list is longer than this but I hope you see that choosing a best quality cleaner UK takes some meticulous considerations. Now let’s break these points down:
Considering Your Floor Type
What is the best gadget for your floor type is a crucial consideration. Like we all know, most modern houses have different floor types in different parts of the house with a fair mix of carpeted floors and hard floors. You therefore need a cleaner that will glide through all your the different surfaces without any trouble.
The key tip here is to look for cleaners that work well in most hard floors and also have carpet glider functionality.
Different floor texture have different temperature threshold. For instance porcelain tiles that are unglazed and porous are not suitable for high temperature vapour pressure because glazed material is water resistant and leaves a wet finish. With such floors you need a cleaner that dries floors superfast like the Vax S86-SF-C that dries floors in only 3 minutes after cleaning.
You also need a product that has variable settings. This functionality employs smart settings to regulate the hot water vapour pressure and temperature suitable for your floors.
What Tank Size
One thing you should definitely watch out for when choosing the best product is the tank size. The bigger the water tank, the more cleaning time you get from the cleaner. This is especially important if you have large areas of surface to cover. The best tank size should give you at least 20 minutes of uninterrupted output. If you have a big house and many rooms, you should look out for a good cleaner that can cope with active use for considerable lengths of time like the Polti Vaporetto eco pro 3.0 steam cleaner. The Polti steam cleaner has a 2 litre tank that can give you 40 -45 minutes continuous cleaning time.
Are Lightweight Mops Really the Best?
While shopping, keep in mind that very light models are normally designed for lightweight duty or for one particular use, for example, floor cleaning only as opposed to being used for a variety of cleaning tasks.
If for example you need your newly acquired cleaning gadget to clean your upholstery and other parts in your house then probably the lightweight models are not exactly for you. However you can get a fully functioning best multi-purpose mop that weighs only 2.5 Kgs like the Hoover SNN1700.
Where Is the Best Place to Buy a Steam Mop?
The best place to buy a steam mop is on Amazon. You get first class customer service, fast delivery and best price ever. (check these top 100 Amazon best selling steam mops UK 2017)
Whichever way you look at it getting the best product will give you peace of mind and of course spectacularly clean surfaces that increase the quality of life you live. Our steam mops reviews 2017 UK offer you the best prices in the market today. Most of our recommended steam mops are for online retail stores because they tend to have very competitive prices.