Getting the best steam mop is a sure-fire way of keeping on top of your house cleaning chores.
However first you have to decide whether you want a steam mop or a steam cleaner. Although these two terms are used interchangeably there is a slight distinction.
A steam mop is basically a stick with a floor head fitted with microfiber pads. It uses only hot jetting vapour to clean hard flooring from laminate (if it has variable control setting), tiles to hardwood floors..
The hot jetting vapour has been scientifically been proven to kill 99% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces.
Meanwhile, a steam cleaner is both a steam mop with a multipurpose handheld device that can be detached to clean almost every surface in your domestic space, from kitchen worktops, ovens, windows, tiles to shower cubicle. It comes in two forms, as either a standing sick or a cylinder that rolls on wheels.
In case you are looking for the best steam cleaner instead of the steam mop; then check these top 5 steam cleaners reviews UK 2017. Otherwise below is a quick comparison chart of the top 5 best steam mops reviews UK 2017 that are good value for money.
Top 5 Best Steam Mops UK 2017
|No.||Product||Product Name & Detailed Reviews||Steam Time (mins)||Heat Up Time(Sec)||Cord Length (m)||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|No.||Product||Product Name & Detailed Reviews||Steam Time (mins)||Heat Up Time(Sec)||Cord Length (m)||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|1||Vax S86 SF C Steam Fresh Combi 15 in 1 S86-SF-C Steam Cleaner||20||30||8||4.3|
|2||Shark Multifunction Lite Steam Pocket Mop S2901UK||15||30||7||4.5|
|3||H2O HD Steam Mop||15||25||6.0||4.4|
|4||Vileda Steam Mop||15||6||4.3|
|5||Vax Steam Mop S7 - 2 in 1 Upright and Handheld Steam Cleaner||12||30||8||4.1|
Top 5 Steam Mops Reviews UK 2017
#1:Vax Steam Fresh Combi S86-SF-C
After analysing over 44 steam mop reviews of various steam cleaning machines ; We came to the the conclusion that the number one best steam mop UK 2017 that is worth it based on research, ratings and expert opinion is the Vax steam fresh combi s86-sf-c.
The Vax combi is both a floor and a handheld steamer hence the name ‘combi’ meaning combination.
Basically, the Vax S86 SF C Steam Fresh Combi Steam Mop is an improved version of the former best selling Vax 10 in 1 steam cleaner S86-SF-CC Steam Fresh Combi Classic.
The fresh combi was crowned as the best steam mop in 2014 by the leading consumer research giant “Which” after extensive research and analysis. Since then it has always topped the best sellers ranks among the best rated steam mops and steam cleaners in the UK Market.
Cons of the Vax 15 in 1
The few negative things about the Vax 15 in 1 are:
- Its handheld steamer is claimed to be relatively heavy than other lightweight cleaners.
- Its hand-held cleaner does not use Vax detergent. The Vax detergent is only used on the floor mop. However, the idea behind hot vapour mops is to use only hot vapour to kill 99% of all germs and bacteria on your floors without the use of detergents. So even without the Vax detergent you can still kill all germs and bacteria on your surfaces using vapour only to make your surfaces germ free and gleaming.
Key Benefits of the Vax S86
The s86 sf c is packed with exciting features that will make your cleaning tasks effortless and fun. Itis a 2 in 1 multifunctional cleaner that comes with a 15 piece accessory tool kit. The kit gives the S86-SF-C added functionality. It has two tanks, one for detergent and the other for water.
- It uses specially designed patented Vax detergent that is blended with different welcoming scents (citrus burst, Lime zest and spring fresh).
- It is fitted with a nifty variable floor setting. This setting enables you to choose the amount of hot vapour to release on your floors. This makes it suitable for most floor types including sensitive flooring like laminate floors. It also has an in-built floor scrubber for you to spot clean any ingrained stains and caked in dirt.
- It can complete 15 different cleaning tasks in your house which means you can accomplish all your cleaning tasks with just one gadget. You can clean your windows; your upholstery, mattress, kitchen worktops, tile grouting, shower cubicle, refresh carpets and spruce up your car alloy wheels.
- It kills 99% of all germs on your surfaces and comes with a Vax detergent that cleans far much better and kills 37% more bacteria on your floors than most floor cleaning mops in the market. This alone will provide healthy spaces for your family and pets. It also battles dirt and grime on your surfaces and not only leaves them stunningly clean but also gives them a welcoming fresh citrus scent. The scent can last up to seven days.
- The Vax s86 sf c has 8m long cord. With such a long cable you can cover wide areas in your domestic spaces without the need to plug and unplug when changing sockets. The long cord makes the s86-sf easy to manoeuvre and a joy to use. It also has swivel head steering for easy navigation around tight spaces like table legs and under sofa seats.
- It is durable and effective. It comes with an iron-clad two year manufacturer guarantee. All you have to do is to register your electric mop at the manufacturer’s website to activate the guarantee. This gives you peace of mind with the knowledge that you can use your s86 for at least 2 years and in case it breaks down you are covered by the manufacturer’s guarantee. Most customer feedbacks indicate that the customer service desk at Vax is quite helpful.
#2:Shark Multifunction Lite Steam Pocket Mop S2901UK Reviews
The Shark Multifunction Lite Steam Pocket Mop S2901UK that employs a lot of cutting edge technology to make you clean your laminate and wooden flooring with ease. This product is rated as one of the top cleaning machine to buy by most happy customers.
- This Shark Steam Mop dries floors super quick.
- It has a swivel head steering, and a variable floor setting.
- It has one of the best quality floor head in the cleaning industry and a long cord.
- It comes with a carpet glider for refreshing carpets and many more tools for cleaning windows, curtains and kids toys.
#3:H2O HD High Definition 5 in 1 Steam Cleaner
The H20 HD has just hit the market in April 2015 and has since generated a lot of excitement. It looks sleek and has cool features that will enhance your cleaning chores. It runs on a 1500 watt which is adequate for quick heat up.
Cons of the H20 HD
The only snag about the h20 hd is that it is relatively costly than most cleaners in the market but it produces excellent results on both floors and even glass surfaces like windows and bathroom cubicles.
H20 HD Reviews: Pros
This is the best floor steam cleaner so far received glowing reviews. It has 4.4 star rating out of the maximum 5 stars.
The HD has a wide floor head sufficient enough for you to cover large spaces with just a few strokes (that means less work for you).
- It is fitted with an inbuilt filter this helps your cleaner last long. You can use ordinary tap water even if you live in a hard water area when using the h20x5 HD without clogging up your cleaner with built-up limescale.
- It has an adjustable handle and a 360 degrees swivel steer floor head to help you effortlessly access hard to reach areas.
- The Thane H2O HD has a removable water tank that is 50 ml bigger than the average floor steamers. This gives you more cleaning time, enough to cover a standard room without need to refill the tank.
#4: Vileda Steam Mop Reviews
The Vileda Steam Mop is one of the top rated floor steam mops UK.This steam mob works only as a ‘floor steamer’ with no handheld attachment.
- The Vileda mop is quite lightweight, weighing 2.5kg only.
- it comes with a carpet glider for refreshing carpets.
- Has 6m cable length long enough for cleaning a standard room and a 400ml water tank.
- It also comes with 2 years guarantee for peace of mind.
#5:Vax Steam Mop S7 – 2 in 1 Upright and Handheld Steam Cleaner
The Vax Steam Mop S7 also called Total Home Master. It is one of the best 2 in 1 steam mops in the market today.
What you get from the Vax S7 is the 16 piece tool kit that will help to clean every part of your house be it floors, windows, tiles, taps even kids toys hence the name ‘total home master’
The main selling points of the S7 is that:
- It has a shoulder strap that helps free your one hand while using the handheld steamer.
- It has a very long 7m long power cord to help you clean a big room without the need to keep plugging and unplugging the cable
- It features ‘angular floor head’ that helps cleaning those hard to reach areas.
- It comes with a 400ml water tank that heats up in 30seconds to give you 15 minutes cleaning time
- It has a carpet glider for refreshing carpets
- This Vax S7 comes peace of mind you get 2 years warranty.
The Best Steam Mop For Laminate Floors
Laminate floors are delicate and should be cleaned with gentle hot vapour. Ideally the microfibre pad should feel like a damp cloth when cleaning laminate floors.There are quite a good number of best floor steam cleaners that are factory set to work perfectly on laminate flooring. Here are the 2 top rated steam mops for laminate floors UK 2017.
1: Shark Lift Away Professional Steam Mop
The Shark steam pocket mop is a top quality cleaner that has received a number of awards for its overall versatility, effectiveness and reliability.
The lift away runs on a three step variable setting (mop, scrub and dust). This enables you to set the right hot vapour setting for your floor. It is suitable for all floor types.
- The few concerns about this Shark steam mop is that it is relatively expensive . However the Shark professional is a quality and prestigious cleaner. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.
- Though the detail brush is excellent in cleaning caked in dirt, you are only supplied with one brush. You may have to buy an extra one in case the one supplied wears out.
- You get two years manufacturer guarantee when you buy. This is an indication that the manufacturer trusts the durability of their product. The two year guarantee gives you peace of mind; you can return it in case anything happens to it and get back your money or get a suitable replacement.
- It has a wide floorhead that can clean on both sides. This helps you clean wide spaces with just one microfibre pad (cleaning cloth). As a result, you will spend less on buying microfibre pads for your cleaner.
- It has 180 degrees swivel steer head for easy maneuver of the cleaner. Clean around table legs and difficult to clean spaces with ease.
TheBlack and Decker 7 in 1 Steam Mop is a solid multifunctional cleaner. It has intuitive smart control setting that is factory fitted for most delicate flooring like laminate flooring.
- It has a steam burst function for spot cleaning tough stains
- It comes with an easy detachable versatile handheld cleaner for your overall cleaning.
- Variable nozzle that allows you to adjust the amount of vapour even on your handheld cleaner. If you are cleaning oily surfaces, blast high hot vapour to break down the greasy dirt.
- It comes with a flexible hose so that you don’t have to bend when mopping.
- An illuminated water tank to allow you to monitor the water level for refilling
- The 7 in 1 also comes with window cleaner
The Black & Decker FSMH1621-GB Auto select Multi-Floor 7-in-1 is a sure good investment. It is reliable and quite effective when used properly.
There have been instances of the mop not producing vapour. If this happens especially when quite knew. You should conclude straight up that you received a faulty mop. This does happen with many products. If this happens to you be sure to call the manufacturer or even Amazon who will happily give you a replacement.
Basically, with due care, any good electric floor mop with variable setting and hot vapour trigger should be fine for laminate flooring.You may want to stay away from hot vapour mops that have a conituous “on” button because you can easily release too much water vapour that can leave your floors wet.Wet floors are not good for laminate surfaces. Here are a few more quality gadgets you should consider buying for your laminate floors:
These best laminate floor steam cleaners have consistently received positive feedback by customers who use them day in day out.
The key really to having success when cleaning laminate floors with a floor steamer is to clean on very low pressure.
High pressure means that when the vapour condenses, the floor will be left wet. You don’t want wetness on laminate floor; the water will affect the laminate flooring. The high hot vapour pressure can make the floor to bulk and damage your floors.
You will find that different floor steamers are better suited to different floor types (vinyl plank floors, slate, wooden, tile, laminate, limestone, porcelain tiles/ quarry tiles, marble floors).They also come in different shapes, size, feel and look. Some of the top end floor mops are factory calibrated to work efficiently with almost all types of floor types. Below is one of the best floor steam cleaners for tiles UK 2017:
Vileda is a trusted brand in the cleaning industry. The Vileda mop has a 1550 watt engine to give you quick heat up time that will provide sufficient jetting vapour to clean your floors. It has a 400 ml tank that can give you between 15-20 minutes cleaning time.
- It has variable floor setting that is suitable for most floor types.
- It is quite lightweight (2.5 kgs) for easy and effortless cleaning. It also has a swivel steer floor head for convenient manoeuvrability.
- It has multiple attachments that can be customised to clean different parts of the house.
- You buy from a trusted brand in the cleaning industry.
- It has angled floorhead that easily reaches hard to access areas like corners.
- It kills 99% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces
- You get 2 years guarantee when you buy Vileda mop. This is a signal that it is durable and that the manufacture has confidence in its product. Spending less than £50 for two years service is good value for money.
It has no see through/illuminated water tank and so it is not easy to know whether the water tank is about to be empty. However when the tank runs out an indicator light comes on.
All in the entire Vileda has received some good reviews at Amazon and could be a good fit for you.
Above are the best rated steam mops for tiled floors work well on ceramic tiles because of their variable floor setting.
- Typically the variable setting ranges from low mid-range to high. High setting releases high pressure vapour which is ideal for deep cleaning while low is good for wiping and mopping.
- For tiles you will need mid-range variable setting for the best results. High setting will leave you tiles wettish and may take slightly longer to dry. Meanwhile for grouting, you need a gadget with hard, compact/metal brush to scrub any built up dirt away from your grout.
The Best Steam Mop For Hardwood Floors
The following two steam cleaners are best suited for hardwood floors UK 2017:
1: Hoover SNN1700 Steamjet
The Hoover SNN1700 a multifunctional mop that has a nifty detachable handheld cleaner and a7 metre electricity cable cord. Enough length to reach most standard rooms.
It has both rectangular and triangular floor head (double head technology). The triangular head makes you to easily access hard to reach areas like corners, table legs and tight spaces beneath furniture.
- It also has a scrubber on the floor head to aid you tackle tough and ingrained dirt.
- It has a versatile variable control that can be adjusted to regulate the hot vapour released to your floors. It is suitable for all sealed hardwood floors.
- Click here to read whatAmazon Customers say about the Hoover SNN1700.
2: Black and Decker 7 in 1
The Black and Decker fsmh1621 7 in 1 steam mop has a smart select feature with factory calibrated hot vapour threshold for most floor types. All you have to do is dial the variable floor control knob to your floor type.
- It has a steam burst technology that releases jetting hot vapour on demand to tackle tough stains and dirt.
- It has 5 metres cable length and 180 degrees. It is perfect for hardwood floors.
To clean hardwood floors with a hot vapour mop cleaner, you need a gadget that has variable control settings to regulate the amount of vapour released to your floors.
Different hardwood surfaces have different moisture threshold. You want to release hot vapour that will not leave too much water residue that can stretch the moisture levels of your floors.
Cleaners with variable control regulate the amount of hot water vapour released to your floors. Other considerations are:
Decent cord length of at least 5 meters radius. This ensures that you can reach all your floor spaces without the need to plug/unplug.
Triangular floor head that will aid you access hard to reach areas. Mops with dual floor head are the most preferable because they give you more scope. You can clean wide areas with few strokes and also easily access tight spaces like table leg angles and corners.
Steam burst or scrubber functionality to agitate tough and caked in dirt on your floors. The scrubber will loosen the dirt and make it easy to clean.
Swivel steering for easy manoeuvrability and flexibility. At least 1800 swivel. This enables you to effortlessly navigate the floor head up to 180 degrees without using elbow grease or twisting your arm.
The Best Steam Mop for Wooden Floors UK 2017
If you are looking for the good steam mop for wooden floors; you need one with variable control setting, decent cord length and a sizeable tank that can give you at least 15 minutes continuous cleaning is a good fit.
Wooden floors can be damaged by excessive water residue. That is why you need a mop with variable steam control.
You also want a cleaner that has a hot vapour trigger so that when cleaning, you will manage the release of hot vapour to your floors by pressing the trigger. For best results, clean using short bursts of vapour followed by dry passes. This way, your floors dry quicker, in less than 3 minutes and there are no water residues or wet floors.
The following four best wooden floors steam mops are in our expert opinion the top rated steam mops for wooden floors UK 2017.
1: Vax S86 Steam Cleaner
The Vax S86 that has 360 degrees swivel steering, variable steam control and 8 meter cord length. It has a 16 piece accessory kits that can be used to clean 15 different parts of your house. It comes with a 2 year manufacturer guarantee and is quite sturdy. It weighs 3.5 kgs. This cleaner has consistently topped the best selling cleaners’ charts in all shopping portals in the UK.
2: H2O X5 Steam Mop
The X 5 Mop is a versatile cleaner that can clean both floors, windows, upholstery, kitchen worktops and carpets. It is powered by a 1300 motor watt that heats up in 30 seconds to give you between 15-20 minutes of continuous cleaning.
3: Shark Pro Steam Pocket Mop
The Shark Lift Away with a dual head floor mop. It has a hot vapour trigger and a 3 step variable control system. It is a top rated cleaner that has received awards by consumer research giants like Good Housekeeping.
The Black and Decker has a factory configured variable control system for different hardwood floors. It has a hot vapour release trigger you can use to manage the flow of vapour. It is quite suitable for wooden floors.
Compare Steam Cleaners UK 2017
|No.||Image||Product Name & Detailed Reviews||Power Cord (m)||weight||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|No.||Image||Product Name & Detailed Reviews||Power Cord (m)||weight||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|1||Karcher SC3 All-in-One Steam Cleaner||5||3.1||4.4|
|2||Vax S86-SF-C Steam Fresh Combi Multifunction||8||3.7||4.2|
|3||Vax S7 Total Home Master Multifunction Steam Mop||7||2.7||4.1|
|4||Polti Steam Cleaner Eco Pro 3000||4||4.9||4.5|
|5||H2O X5 Steam Mop 5 in 1 Steam Cleaner||6||2.5||4.4|
Most of the high-end best household steam cleaners tend to be cylinder cleaners. They usually cost between £120 to £300. Cylinder cleaners tend to have bigger tank sizes. This means they can be used for longer periods without the need to re-fill the tank.
Top 3 Best Steam Cleaner Reviews UK 2017
#1: Karcher Steam Cleaner Reviews
Wondering which steam cleaner is the best one? The number number best steam cleaner UK 2017 for home use is the Karcher steam cleaner.
Karcher has revolutionalized the way we clean our homes by its innovative multi purpose steam cleaners and window vacuums. These gadgets battle caked in dirt and grime to give your living spaces a fresh clean and gleaming finish. Like Vax cleaners, most Karcher steamers come with a two year guarantee.
Apart from the Karcher SC1 which is essentially a handheld cleaner with a floor extension, their cleaners are mostly cylinder cleaners that roll on wheels for increased portability and flexibility.
Here are some of the key features of the Karcher SC3.
- Fast heat up time (30 seconds)
- One litre refillable water tank .
- You can refill on the fly as you clean without stopping or re-starting.
- The large tank gives you long continuous steam cleaning time to tackle most of your spaces without stopping to refill. .
Here are the other Popular Karcher cleaners:
The SC2 weighs 3.2 kgs and is powered by a 1500 watt motor that heats up the one litre tank in 6.5 minutes.
- A full tank can give you between 25-30 minutes continuous working time.
- It is portable and has onboard tools storage.
- The SC2 Karcher steam mop and steam cleaner is an improved version of the Karcher SC 1020 steam cleaner that has an integrated handle control..
The the SC1 Karcher steam mop is a handheld cleaner with a floor attachment. It has heat up time of 3 minutes and a water tank of 200ml. The water tank can give you between 5-8 minutes cleaning time. The SC1 is ideal for small spaces . It is also the cheapest Karcher cleaner.
The Karcher steam cleaner sc4 is the new version of the Karcher SC2.500C. It is powered by a 2000watt motor that heats up the 800ml tank in four minutes.
- It features a non-stop refillable tank and a high pressure bar of 4.1.
- It weighs 4.1 kgs and has comfort plus. Comfort plus simply means an assortment of high end accessories and features. They include a larger floor nozzle that will enable you to cover wide areas quickly and can cut your cleaning time.
- Cutting edge lamellae (thin layered floor tool accessory) on the face of the floor nozzle that enhances efficient use of hot vapour and the cleaning cloth.
This is a high end gadget that produces high pressure bar of 4.2 bar. It is powered by a 2200 watt that heats up the 1.5 litre tank in three minutes.
- It features a non-stop refillable tank and an assortment of Karcher comfort plus tools.
- It weighs 6 kgs and has a Vapa-hydro functionality that blasts out hot vapour to dismantle and breakdown any stubborn grime or grease.
The gadgets come with a nylon round brush set of three colour coded brushes that are used to clean taps, grouting, crevices, bathroom, kitchen and many more areas in your domestic space.
Terry clothes for wiping places you have cleaned. The terry clothes are machine washable however you are better off getting Velcro which tends to last longer.
The few disadvantages about Karcher steam cleaners is that they typically have shorter power cords of 4-5 meters. This is unlike Vax that have long cables of 7-8 metres.
The round nylon brushes for detail cleaning are not very durable. However you can buy brass bristle round brushes from Karcher from Amazon or any other online shop for less than ten quid. The brass bristle brushes are sturdy and long lasting. They are ideal for steam cleaning grout and crevices.
#2: Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaner Reviews
The Thane h20 x5 steam cleaner has written itself in history books of world best steam cleaner mops. It has sold over 10 million pieces worldwide. It has won several awards: best buy winner 2012; Good Housekeeping award, 2013 and 2014 & Product of the year prize 2014 (http://www.retailtimes.co.uk/thane-scoops-2014-product-year-award-steam-mop-wins-tesco-argos-listings/).
The most popular best floor steam cleaner in its range is theH2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner. This was firstly produced in Lime green. It was quite lightweight 2.5 kgs and versatile.
- It cleans all types of floors with hot vapour (it has variable heat control function)
- Spruces up garments
- Cleans windows with steam
- Detail cleans grouting, crevices, taps and most croons and crannies in domestic spaces.
- Cleans kitchen worktops, ovens, shower screen and toilet.
Although heavily promoted by TV infomercials, this cleaner initially received mixed reviews. The manufacturers were forced to rethink the engineering of the cleaner and came up with improved versions of the x5 mop that incorporated feedback from customers.
Some key concerns by customers were that: the mop was flimsy, it could stop working after a while due to lime scale clogging, the lime green colour wasn’t everyone’s favourite colour, some even complained of it leaving the floor wet and having streaks.
Revamped X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Cleaner
Following up on feedback and complaints from customers , the X5 mop manufacturers came up with a sturdier 5 in 1 cleaner accompanied with super absorbent cloths to soak up all water residues and leave floors dry.
Thane H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Colours Range:
The redesigned X5 MOP also came in different colours:
- Lime green, and
The H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner emerged as the favourite and has received numerous positive customer feedback. Customers say it is
In line with the feedback from customers, the manufacturer produced a new cleaner that is sleek, powerful and reliable: the H20 HD. To counter the key complain that the x5 mop easily packed up after clogging up with lime-scale, the H20 HD has:
- an integrated filter to weed out any lime scale and ensure that it does not clog up. This has made it quite reliable. Other new additions include:
- a wide floor head for quick cleaning,
- more power (1500watts up from 1300watts)
- a foldable handle and
- a see-though high definition water tank to monitor your water tank level.
The H20 HD is quite swanky but not very expensive (less than £100). It has been very well received by UK customers.
The manufacturers of X5 mop only give one year guarantee unlike other popular brand like Vax and Karcher that give two years manufacturer guarantee.
#3:Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro 3.0 Steam Cleaner Reviews
Here is what you get when you buy the Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro 3.0 Steam Cleaner:
- A truly multifunctional cleaner that can clean windows, carpets, upholstery, worktops floors and almost any place in the house.
- It has accessories like window cleaner and the steam lance that enables you to clean the back of radiators which many cleaners in the market do not have.
- It is quite durable. Many customers report having owned the Polti for 16 years. On average most people had the cleaner for between 3-16 years depending on care and use. (Hint: if you do not use the Polti steam iron attachment, your cleaner will last for long.)
- It has a high steam pressure bar of 4.5 powered by a 2000 watt motor. This is very hot steam that will easily dislodge any stubborn dirt especially on greasy surfaces. It has a hot vapour pressure indicator for you to monitor the amount of hot vapour you are releasing to your surfaces. It is the perfect cleaner for deep cleaning grubby and oily surfaces like barbecues, car wheel rims, car seats and engines.
- It has a concentrator tool with nylon brush that can be used for cleaning grout and for spot cleaning smudges.
- It is lightweight to operate because it rolls on wheels in spite of its 4.9 kgs weight.
- It is fitted with two anti-calc Kalstop phials- these ensure that your cleaner will not clog up with lime scale which can damage your cleaner. With these in place your cleaner will last for long even if you live in a hard water region.
- It has an adjustable steam hose. This will easily enable you to reach tight spaces and hard to reach areas. You can also adjust it to the height you feel comfortable with.
- It has a British Allergy Foundation rubberstamp of approval. They say, not even the tiniest dust escapes the hot vapour from the Polti Vaporetto Classic Eco Pro 3.0 cleaner
- It has a big tank of 2 litres that will give you between 40-45 minutes of continuous steam cleaning. This is enough to cover your domestic spaces without the need to refill the water tank.
- It is fitted with variable hot vapour setting to enable you choose the appropriate steam pressure for your surfaces.
- It has been scientifically tested by scholars at Cambridge University and found to clean exceptionally.
Cons of Vaporetto Eco Pro
- It has a short power cord (4m).
- It is relatively expensive than most cleaners in the market. However, the saying “you get what you pay for holds very true with this floor cleaner”. On the outset it might seem that the Eco-pro Polti is expensive but in over 200 customer feedback and reviews we researched, a number of people report having owned the cleaner for 15-16 years. If this is the case then the cleaner will only cost you 15 pounds a year.
The Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro 3.0 is a quality cleaner that will provide you good value for money. We recommend it . Check the Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro 3.0 at Amazon to see whether it is a good fit for you.
Steam Cleaners Buying Guide UK 2017
The Steam cleaner operates by swiftly heating water to give out steam, which is then applied to floor surfaces at great pressure. The “dry” steam generated is capable of shifting deep seated grease and dirt. It also eliminates all dust mites and bacteria. Some of them may do more than just one task; doubling up as window cleaner with its featured attachments and in some cases as vacuum cleaners with filters that are water-based.
Which Steam Cleaner is the Best?
The best steam cleaners that are sure to save you time yet provide quality in spectacularly cleaned surfaces are:
- Kärcher SC1.020 Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner is compact, lightweight, weighing 3kg and comes with a comfortable carrying handle to use in several rooms in the house.
- It rolls on wheels for convenience and uses 20% less energy than most average cleaners.
- A nifty handheld device and child-safe lock are some of the quality features of this machine.
Types of Steam Cleaners
Steam mops release steam for a more hassle-free and effective floor cleaning. They are usually upright units with a water tank secured to its handle. When compared to a traditional bucket and mop, it was discovered that both achieved to do the job well; however, the one that has an excellent result with little effort was the steam mop.
Handheld Steam Cleaner Reviews
Best Handheld steam cleaners are easy and compact to store and may be an excellent choice if you are only seeking to just clean on a small area like curtains, bathroom and corners of carpets then go for handhelds. It is not recommended to clean huge areas like floors.
It usually gives a burst of steam on a concentrated area with the help of a nozzle and it comes with a various range of attachments to aid you in cleaning various surfaces like upholstery, tiles and windows.
If you are looking to buy the handheld steam cleaner; the UPGRADED Handheld Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner and Sanitizer with Safety Lock for Stain Removals is the best for cleaning any sealed surface. You can use it for steam cleaning refrigerators, sinks, shower doors, wrinkled clothes and taps among others. It is powered by 1050 watts motor with 9.5 m power cord that is long enough to reach all areas in your house.
#2: 2 in 1 Handheld Steam Cleaner and Mop Reviews
This basically looks like more of a mini steam mops. Its handheld device is assembled in the handle of the mop and may be used and removed separately. With combined functionalities that means 2 in 1 handheld steam cleaner and mop can deal with any kind of steam cleaning jobs; however, it is more often bulky and heavier to utilize compared to mops. It usually uses a specific handheld device attachment for different surfaces.
#3: Cylinder Steam Cleaners Reviews
The barrel or as they are famously known, cylinder steam cleaners like Karcher Steam Cleaner and looks like a cylinder vacuums and are made up of its main body, plastic tube, nozzle and bendy hose. It is likely to be much heavier compared to steam mops; however, it basically gives a longer period of cleaning times. It may also take about 12 minutes for it to heat up the water inside its tanks. With this fact, it is not easily available as mops or handhelds.
The cylinder cleaner includes attachments that are used for steam cleaning the floors and for other various surface cleaning jobs. A luxurious cylinder cleaner must be capable of doing all the cleaning tasks or handheld steam cleaner and mops and combined.
How much Do Steam Cleaners Cost UK?
You may locate the Best steam cleaner for smaller than £50 and the Best Deal 2-in-1 steam cleaner for less than £100. More so, cylinder steam cleaner may cost as high as £260; however, there are some not-so-famous brands that work well for as low as £60. Handheld cleaners may have the lowest price with units available amounting to a less than £20; however, you may also spend a bit higher on a £50 choice. Actually, prices may not guarantee the unit’s quality so you must always research or read on the review before you choose what to purchase.
Shark, Bissell steam mop, Vax, Pifco steam mop, Russell Hobbs and Morphy Richards are amidst the famous brands which makes best multi purpose steam cleaners, supplying them to stores such as John Lewis, Argos and several supermarkets that sells them in their home improvement department. Most of these cleaners can also be purchased online like the ones reviewed in this site so far.
Steam Cleaners Accessories
The usual cleaner attachments permit you to deal with other steam cleaning tasks inside your home such as refreshing clothes, cleaning windows and even cleaning your car’s interior. However, it is also essential to have these other accessories :
- Cleaning pads meant for wiping down flat surfaces.
- Squeegee meant for glass cleaning.
- Tool for Upholstery, which makes refreshing fabric and treating stains much more easily. It usually consists of a squeegee or a brush with a pad or cloth equipped on its top.
- Scrubbing pad, which makes work light when getting rid of the greases from your ovens.
- Scrubbing brush, which eliminates nested grime from your tiles and grout.
You may sometimes come across some units which may include a built-in dispenser for detergents. However, these kinds of models were not yet proven to clean better and fact that purchasing its refill detergent might add up to your initial costing.
Features You Must Consider
The cleaning time, heat up and capacities are all essential features to look out for. The heat up period included in the unit’s specification applies to how long it takes to achieve the mode of producing pressure, which may depend on the machine of the unit’s total capacity. Handheld cleaners are easy-to-use and very lightweight but do not produces steam for a long period of time. Mops are quickly to achieve its desired heating level compared to cylinder cleaners; more so, the fastest amongst the cleaners have been proved to heat up in just less than 20 seconds.
It is also valuable to check how many other added accessories that are meant for its added features.
The cleaning period refers to how much time you may utilize the cleaner with constant steam before you need to refill it with water again. Handheld cleaners usually have small water tanks wherein it can only produce steam for lesser time and requires you to refill it more often.
Higher Steam Input?
The basic steam input is usually measured in grams per minute. This basically means that the higher the number, the more impressive the jetting pressure it can produce. It will be worth thinking that units that may propose a higher pressure outputs may often than not leave your surfaces the wettest in the cleaning process.
That is all about the best steam cleaners; we hope you get time to move around our site, read reviews and expert opinions to find out which is the product that fits your needs.
Steam Mop Buying Guide
When choosing which steam mop to buy UK 2017, check out for those that are easy to assemble. If it is too complicated to fit together, move over to the next one because it takes away the delight of buying it.
Read through our the product description to be sure that you can assemble the gadget you buy with relative ease.
If you are like most people, you always want immediate gratification from what you buy, do not let assembling the product you buy stand in the way.
Fortunately all the best products we have reviewed can be assembled effortlessly.
When you use clean microfibre pads, your floors will never leave streaks that steal the gloss a good run of cleaning is supposed to give you.
I see in forums and reviews people venting their frustrations by complaining that their products leave streaks on their floors.
Truth be told, no best cleaner is designed to leave streaks.
In most cases when a cleaner leaves streaks, it is normally due to the fact that the floor head cloths/microfibre pads are not quite clean. So always remember to toss the microfibre pads in the washing machine or give them a hand wash with ordinary washing powder.
Fast Drying Time
When shopping for the best mop, check out for those that guarantee you fast drying time. Efficient cleaners should leave your surfaces dry in at least five minutes after cleaning.
When using high hot vapour pressure especially if using high pressure bar cleaners like the 4.5 pressure bar Polti Vaporetto eco pro, you need to dry your floor with a dry cloth after cleaning with hot vapour.
For best results clean in small sections preferably 2 metre square then dry it with a soft dry cloth before you progress. If you work through your floors like this, the floors will be left gleaming.
You will find that a number of multi-purpose steam cleaning machines have this capability of leaving your floors really dry after cleaning. This is because they are fitted with the best microfiber cloths that sap up the condensation as they trap all the dirt in the cloth.
Of course you don’t want your floors wet after cleaning especially with children and even dogs walking up and down the house. This could be hazardous. Go for cleaners that come with a wiping cloth accessory.
Decent Cord Length
Check out how long the electric cord is. As always you want a long electric cord to save you the task of unplugging from one socket to the other as you work through the surfaces of your house.
You don’t want to be burdened with the inconvenience of buying a number of electric socket extension cords once you have already purchased your cleaning equipment just because the cord attached to your cleaner is short. It is therefore crucial that you consider this factor (length of cord) when shopping.
Replacement Jugs and Micro-Fibre Pads
In identifying a quality gadget, you should look out for models that come with a top up jug in their accessory kit. This will spare you the task of having to remove the water tank once the water runs out of the reservoir for refilling. A replacement jug also reduces the chance of water spilling in the process of refilling the tank.
High Quality Microfiber Pads
Hot vapour mops are normally fitted with a cloth or microfibre pads beneath them. These clothes/microfiber are quite important in cleaning your surfaces because through them dirt from your surface is trapped on the floor head leaving your surfaces clean and fresh.
If you are likely to be using your cleaner on floors, it will be advisable to buy those fitted with microfiber pads as opposed to cloths. A microfiber pad fitting helps your floor to dry up quicker. They are also washable and reusable. They last longer than clothes and are easy to clean when compared to clothes.
How to Maintain Microfibre Pads
When shopping, check for pads that are easier to maintain. Though the cleaner comes with a supply of replacement pads, these pads eventually run out and you have to buy replacement. However, if you take good care of the pads by regularly cleaning them after use, the pads will last long and spare you the cost of replacing them regularly.
The microfiber fitting is easier to maintain. Here is why: Microfibre pads are made of synthetic material which is easier to wash than clothes. It is advisable to let your gadget cool down before storing it. This will protect the surface floor of your storage room.
Of cause depending on how much storage space you have, you should choose a cleaner that will not be awkward and bulky to store.
Best Storage and Safety Aspects of Your Cleaner
Consider the storage and safety aspects of your gadget. Depending on your budget, it is advisable to buy a cleaner that has its own safety mat to hold the gadget after cleaning.
This saves you time you could have spent waiting for the cleaner to cool down before you store it. Alternatively shop for those that have continuous cleaning setting embedded in them.
Read reviews to find out which cleaner enables you to clean both hard and soft areas. This is convenient and efficient since you end up with a “one stop machine” to cater for all your surfaces.
However do not use it as a vacuum
This will wear your gadget down. Always vacuum before cleaning to enable the cleaner do the heavy lifting job of deep cleaning your floors. Hot vapour mops kill 99% germs on your surfaces and can sift even the tiniest of dust particles.
Though most cleaners reviewed here will not only clean in a super fast fashion and leave your surfaces spotless, some of us actually prefer fresh scented smell to crown everything up.
If adding a freshener to your gadget appeals to you, then you need to shop for the one that has a component that allows you to add a freshener in your water tank.
Most Vax cleaning products for example come with a specially designed scented detergent. However, adding chemicals and fresheners without due regard to manufacturer’s specification might damage your gadget.
That is why you should think about whether you really want to use a mop that allows you to add a freshener and buy one that has this capability.
Continuous Floor Setting
Most ordinary cleaners normally need some cooling off period/time before you can refill the water tank. However most quality cleaners use cutting edge technology that enables them to be refilled on demand without the need for the gadget to cool down. This of course has an overall effect of not only saving you time (no waiting for the gadget to cool down while cleaning) but could extend the life of your cleaner (the risk of overheating is reduced).
Most cleaning products come with an assortment of attachment such as : an adjustable nozzle, hard and soft brushes, squeegee, carpet glider, and Velcro microfibre pads that could be customized to clean different parts of the house. Most 2 in 1 mops normally give you value for money.
They can be detached to clean hard to reach places. With the right accessories, you can customise the handheld cleaner that are embedded in most highly top rated steam mops UK to spruce up most of your surfaces.
You will find that most of the multi-purpose best cleaners give you more capability and flexibility. You can use them to clean Grout, Cookers, Upholstery, Windows, Carpets Hard floors and Tiles. These are the products that fit the bill of a quality hot vapour gadget in the UK.
With such multiple accessories to use on your hand held cleaner device you get flexibility of use that turns your gadget into a complete cleaning system.
Powerful Motor Engine
Another important factor to consider when choosing the best is the size of the motor engine. The motor is the one that powers your cleaner.
Of course you want a powerful machine that will make your cleaning task quick, fun and easy. To achieve this, you need a motor with considerably high wattage because the more the wattage the more powerful and effective the cleaning will be.
The water will be heated up in record time and you get longer time to use the cleaner. The wattage can go as high as 1800 watts. However with 1200 Watts and above, you should be treading on quality grounds.
The search for more power however comes at a price. The more the wattage the device has the heavier it will be, so you need to factor that into your plan. There are cleaners that have wheels on the base though, in which case weight of the cleaner is no issue because you won’t have to push it around.
The cleaner you end up buying depends really on your individual needs. Before you set out in search of the cleaner you desire, you should first decide what you would really want to use it for. Consider the size of your house and the kind of surfaces that you are going to it on.
- Do you have different surfaces across the house?
- Do you have pets?
- Do you have children who crawl about your floors?
- Are your surfaces tiled, laminate, hardwood, vinyl, all carpeted, a mix of carpet and hard surfaces?
- Are the surfaces sealed? Are there insurance clauses regarding cleaners?
These factors will enable you to choose the cleaning machine that is tailored to your needs.
What are the Best Functionalities to look for?
Once you figure out what you plan to use your cleaner for, you need to decide the size and weight of the gadget that will closely fit your preferred way of working. Most floor mops come in different shapes, weights and capabilities. Check our blog for user manual and more reviews.
There are a lot of best cheap steam mops under £50 and here are the leading top 3 best cheapest steam mops UK 2017 models that you can buy with full confidence knowing that what you get is of good value for money.
- Vax S7 2 In 1 Steam Mop: The Vax s7 is currently topping the Amazon bestseller list because it is affordable and reliable.You also get two years manufacturers guarantee when you register your Vax S7 2-in-1 in the Vax website.
- Morphy Richards 9 in 1 Steam Cleaner
- Vax S88W1MB Steam Mop S88-W1M-B White.
Among low and medium priced home steam mops the Vax S7 is very cheap but effective in cleaning floors and other surfaces.
- It has been a bestselling cleaner in Amazon for the last two years.
- The S7 is a 2-in-1 cleaner performs as well as most pricey steam floor cleaners. The key difference is that it does not have variable floor control setting.
- It features ‘angular floor head ’ that makes it easy to clean hard to reach areas
- It is powered by 1600watts motor with 7 metre power cord
- It quite lightweight, weighing 2.7kg only
- It is of 29 x 122 x 23 cm size
- It features 400ml water tank that heat up in 20 minutes to give you 12 minutes cleaning time.
- It comes with 16 piece accessory kit plus a shoulder strap that helps to keep one hand free while using handheld steamer
- It comes with 2 years warranty for peace of mind.
- Here is what Amazon customers say about the Vax S7.
The Best Steam Mop for Hard Water Areas
If you are leaving in hard water areas; you need to buy a floor steamer with built in water filter.
With time the filter tend to darken hence the need to change it.
Be sure to keep an eye on the water filter because if you forget to change the filter in time your steamer will clog and the vapour will stop coming out .
Having said so-
Here are the 3 good steam mops for hard water areas
The Best Steam Mop Cleaner: Top 2
The following 2 are the best steam mop cleaners are quite good in cleaning both floors and others surfaces.
Unlike other best rated multi-purpose steam floor cleaners in the market , like the Vax 15 in 1, which their handheld devices claimed to be too heavy, these two have relatively lightweight and versatile handheld cleaners to make you waltz through all your cleaning tasks with minimal effort.
1. H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner
The Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaner has sold over 10 million units in the last few years. It is quite popular because it is versatile and effective. Here is why the H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Red is selling so well:
H20 X5: Benefits of buying it:
- The H2O X5 Mop can clean windows, upholstery, worktops, curtains and floors.
- It runs on a 1500 watt motor that heats up in 30 seconds to give you between 20-25 minutes cleaning time.
- It can clean an entire standard room without need to refill the tank. This will help you build on the momentum you generate as you clean.
- The thane TV x5 is fitted with 4 levels of variable floor setting (low, medium, high, very high). This is ideal for deep cleaning. It means you can tackle anything with this cleaner.
- For greasy surfaces like oven/grills, just whip the high setting and all the grease gives way to leave your appliances looking like new again.
- It is quite light, it weighs only 2.5 kgs
- It kills 99% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces.
- It currently has high customer star rating (4.3 stars). 88%of the people who have purchased this best floor steamer are very happy with its performance.
What You May Want to Know about the X5 Mop
- Previous makes of the Thane x5 were quite fiddly but the manufacturer has since improved the h20 x5 and now have a robust and sturdy cleaner- the red X5 Mop.
- The power cord of the x5 is not as long (5m) as that of Vax fresh combi (8m).
- You will have to occasionally de-scale it to stop limescale from building up.
#2: Morphy Richards 15 in 1 Steam Mop
The Morphy Richards 15 in 1 steam cleaner is one of the very few floor mops that has illuminated lighting on the floor head. It is an improved version of the previous Morphy Richards 12 in 1 Steam Cleaner with Vibrated Floorhead.
The vibrated floorhead provides a ray of beamed light on your cleaning path to give you an indication of how well you are cleaning.
The Morphy Richards Steam Mop Luna plus floor head also has pulsating vibrations that agitate caked in dirt. This will help you effortlessly clean up smudges and stains by letting the floor head to vibrate on the stain/smudge to dismantle the dirt. It is quite convenient for spot cleaning too.
- The Morphy Richards 15 in 1 has variable floor setting which allows you to select the appropriate hot vapour to release on your floors. It is quite suitable for all floor types.
- It has a detachable handheld cleaner that comes with a sling that you can hang on your shoulders for maximum flexibility when cleaning. With the help of the sling, you free your two hands for quick dusting and wiping of your surfaces.
- It is multifunctional and can clean up to 12 different parts in your house; from windows to kitchen worktops.
- It has swivel steer floor head for convenient manoeuvring around your furniture.
- It is suitable for most tiled floors (stone tile, saltillo, shiny, unglazed, ceramic, textured, vinyl, slate, porcelain, gloss, and bathroom and quarry tile floors).
- Here is what Amazon Customers say about this Morphy Richards 15 in 1 steam cleaner.