Best Steam Mop 2017
There is a slight difference among them; and you need to know this difference to help you make the right buying decision. Here is the difference:
Steam Mops: The steam mop operates by swiftly heating water to give out steam, which is then applied to floor surfaces at great pressure. The “dry” steam generated is capable of shifting deep seated grease and dirt. It also eliminates all dust mites and bacteria. Some of them may do more than just one task; doubling up as window cleaner with its featured attachments and in some cases as vacuum cleaners with filters that are water-based.
- Steam mops release steam for a more hassle-free and effective floor cleaning. They are usually upright units with a water tank secured to its handle. When compared to a traditional bucket and mop, it was discovered that both achieved to do the job well; however, the one that has an excellent result with little effort was the steam mop.
- Steam Cleaners: a steam cleaner is both a steam mop with a multipurpose handheld device that can be detached to clean almost every surface in your domestic space, from kitchen worktops, ovens, windows, tiles to shower cubicle. It comes in two forms, as either a standing sick or a cylinder that rolls on wheels.
- Handheld Steam Cleaners: Handheld steam cleaners are easy and compact to store and may be an excellent choice if you are only seeking to just clean on a small area like curtains, bathroom and corners of carpets then go for handhelds. It is not recommended to clean huge areas like floors.
It usually gives a burst of steam on a concentrated area with the help of a nozzle and it comes with a various range of attachments to aid you in cleaning various surfaces like upholstery, tiles and windows.
Below are top 5 best steam cleaners reviews UK 2017.
Best Steam Cleaners UK 2017
|Product Name & Detailed Reviews||Power Cord (m)||weight||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|Product Name & Detailed Reviews||Power Cord (m)||weight||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|Vax S86-SF-C Steam Fresh Combi Multifunction||8||3.7||4.2|
|Karcher SC3 All-in-One Steam Cleaner||5||3.1||4.4|
|Morphy Richards 720520 Supersteam Pro Steam Cleaner||5||3.6||4.3|
|Vax S7 Total Home Master Multifunction Steam Mop||7||2.7||4.1|
|Polti Steam Cleaner Eco Pro 3000||4||4.9||4.5|
|H2O X5 Steam Mop 5 in 1 Steam Cleaner||6||2.5||4.4|
What is the Best Steam Cleaner UK 2017?
Most of the high-end best steam cleaners tend to be cylinder cleaners. They usually cost between £100 to £300.
The cylinder steam cleaners like Karcher Steam Cleaner (detailed review below) looks like a cylinder vacuums and are made up of its main body, plastic tube, nozzle and bendy hose. They tend to have bigger water tank sizes. This means they can be used for longer periods without the need to re-fill the tank.
The cylinder cleaner includes attachments that are used for steam cleaning the floors and for other various surface cleaning jobs.
#1: Karcher SC3 – The Best Karcher Steam Cleaner
The Karcher SC3 steam cleaner is powered by a 1900 watt that heats up the 1 litre refillable tank in 30 seconds to produce hot vapour enough to clean continuously for at least 30 minutes
- It comes with a descaling cartridge filter to protect your cleaner from corroding (clogging up with lime scale). Corroding is quite common in hard water regions. The filter also ensures that you get high pressure vapour.
- It has a refillable tank that enables you to refill your tank on the go without stopping the cleaner. This gives you seamless cleaning time so that you can clean your entire home without interruptions of switching the cleaner off as other ordinary cleaner do when refilling water into the tank.
- It has both a heat valve (to protect you from scalding when opening the hot vapour tank) and a childproof safety lock to avoid any hazard.
- It has a LED light that signals when the cleaner is ready to be used.
- It has a trigger gun that can release bursts of hot vapour to clean tough stains when triggered.
- It comes with a wide range of accessories to tackle all areas in your home.
- It produces 3.5 bar pressure. Sufficient enough to dismantle any caked in dirt. Perfect for deep cleaning.
- It has a two meter hose that will enable you to clean high areas like ceilings and tight spaces.
- It is quite portable and compact. It rolls on wheels
- Like most cleaners the SC3 has variable floor control that will enable to you to regulate the amount of heat released to your floors. This enables you to clean different floor types by just adjusting the control setting.
- Detail nozzle and round brush that can clean all crevices, crannies and cronies. It is also perfect for cleaning grout. For even more better results, hook yourself with the round brass brush from Karcher that is sold separately.
- Power nozzle which works well with the round brush to agitate all dirt away.
- Automatic descaling cartridge that filters all lime scale away from your cleaner and stops it from clogging up. This in effect elongates the life of your cleaner and makes it more durable.
- Cotton floor cloth and hand cloth for wiping your surfaces to give them a gleaming finish.
- To get even more from your cleaner, check out extra attachments that are compatible with all cleaners by this manufacturer.
The SC3 is a good fit for everyday domestic cleaning tasks. There are no hold-ups as you wait for the water to turn into hot jetting vapour. This happens in only 30 seconds unlike other cylinder cleaners that take between 3-12 minutes to be ready to jet out hot vapour.
It is quite good at clearing build up soap residues in shower cubicle.
The water tank is refillable on the go for convenience and ease of use. This will also save you time in the long run. The lime scale filter makes your cleaner to perform at optimum levels.
The comfort floor tool has a two metres hose that enables to clean high and low areas.
The LED display alerts you when the water tank is heated and ready for cleaning. It also notifies you when the tank is about to run empty so that you can refill it without interrupting your cleaning.
It has on-board storage for effortless storage of accessories.
- Some of the power accessories like the round brass brush have to be bought separately.
- Only two terry clothes are supplied when you buy this cleaner.
- The jetting pressure drops a bit if you continually press the trigger.
- The SC3 steamer is small and compact with onboard tools which keep everything neat and tidy.
- The quick heat up time (30 seconds) enables to switch on and off when you want. You can choose to switch off while cleaning to save electricity.
- The high pressure bar (3.5 bar) can clean all tough stains.
- It is durable due to the anti-lime scale cartridge,
- It has a manufacturers two year warrantee.
- It is lightweight and quite portable and quiet when in use.
- It is quite sturdy, easy to assemble and use.
- It can be used on all surfaces and floor types including ceilings and mattresses.
The Karcher S3 steam cleaner is a high quality cylinder cleaner that is durable and effective at cleaning almost everything in your house. It comes with a two year guarantee and has so far very positive feedback from people who have already bought it. It is good value for money.
We recommend it.
#2: The Best Floor Steam Cleaner – Vax Steam Fresh Combi S86-SF-C
The Vax steam fresh combi s86-sf-c, 15 in 1 steam cleaner is both a floor and a handheld steamer hence the name ‘combi’ meaning combination.
Basically, the Vax S86 SF C Steam Fresh Combi is an improved version of the former best selling Vax 10 in 1 steam cleaner.
The fresh combi was crowned as the best steam mop UK in 2014 by the leading consumer research giant “Which” after extensive research and analysis. Since then it has always topped the best sellers ranks among the best steam floor cleaners in the UK Market.
Cons of the Vax 15 in 1
The few negative things about the Vax 15 in 1 are:
- Its handheld steamer is claimed to be relatively heavy than other lightweight cleaners.
- Its hand-held cleaner does not use Vax detergent. The Vax detergent is only used on the floor mop. However, the idea behind steamers is to use only steam to kill 99% of all germs and bacteria on your floors without the use of detergents. So even without the Vax detergent you can still kill all germs and bacteria on your surfaces using vapour only to make your surfaces germ free and gleaming.
Key Benefits of the Vax s86 sf c steam fresh combi
The Vax s86 sf c is packed with exciting features that will make your cleaning tasks effortless and fun. Itis a 2 in 1 multifunctional steam cleaner that comes with a 15 piece accessory tool kit. The kit gives the S86-SF-C added functionality. It has two tanks, one for detergent and the other for water.
- It uses specially designed patented Vax detergent that is blended with different welcoming scents (citrus burst, Lime zest and spring fresh).
- It is fitted with a nifty variable floor setting. This setting enables you to choose the amount of steam to release on your floors. This makes it suitable for most floor types including sensitive flooring like laminate floors. It also has an in-built floor scrubber for you to spot clean any ingrained stains and caked in dirt.
- It can complete 15 different cleaning tasks in your house which means you can accomplish all your cleaning tasks with just one gadget. You can clean your windows; your upholstery, mattress, kitchen worktops, tile grouting, shower cubicle, refresh carpets and spruce up your car alloy wheels.
- It kills 99% of all germs on your surfaces and comes with a Vax detergent that cleans far much better and kills 37% more bacteria on your floors than most floor cleaning mops in the market. This alone will provide healthy spaces for your family and pets. It also battles dirt and grime on your surfaces and not only leaves them stunningly clean but also gives them a welcoming fresh citrus scent. The scent can last up to seven days.
- The Vax s86 sf c has 8m long cord. With such a long cable you can cover wide areas in your domestic spaces without the need to plug and unplug when changing sockets. The long cord makes the s86-sf easy to manoeuvre and a joy to use. It also has swivel head steering for easy navigation around tight spaces like table legs and under sofa seats.
- It recommended also by the TrustedReviews experts as the best steam cleaner UK 2017.
- It is durable and effective. It comes with an iron-clad two year manufacturer guarantee. All you have to do is to register your electric mop at the manufacturer’s website to activate the guarantee. This gives you peace of mind with the knowledge that you can use your s86 for at least 2 years and in case it breaks down you are covered by the manufacturer’s guarantee. Most customer feedbacks indicate that the customer service desk at Vax is quite helpful.
#3: Best Steam Cleaner for Allergy Sufferers – Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro
Here is what you get when you buy the Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro 3.0 Steam Cleaner:
- A truly multifunctional steam cleaner that can clean windows, carpets, upholstery, worktops floors and almost any place in the house.
- It has accessories like window cleaner and the steam lance that enables you to clean the back of radiators which many steam cleaners in the market do not have.
- It is quite durable. Many customers report having owned the Polti for 16 years. On average most people had the Polti for between 3-16 years depending on care and use. (Hint: if you do not use the Polti steam iron attachment, your cleaner will last for long.)
- It has a high steam pressure bar of 4.5 powered by a 2000 watt motor. This is very hot steam that will easily dislodge any stubborn dirt especially on greasy surfaces. It has a steam pressure indicator for you to monitor the amount of hot steam you are releasing to your surfaces. It is the perfect steam cleaner for deep cleaning grubby and oily surfaces like barbecues, car wheel rims, car seats and engines.
- It has a concentrator tool with nylon brush that can be used for cleaning grout and for spot cleaning smudges.
- It is lightweight to operate because it rolls on wheels in spite of its 4.9 kgs weight.
- It is fitted with two anti-calc Kalstop phials- these ensure that your steam cleaner will not clog up with lime scale which can damage your cleaner. With these in place your steamer will last for long even if you live in a hard water region.
- It has an adjustable steam hose. This will easily enable you to reach tight spaces and hard to reach areas. You can also adjust it to the height you feel comfortable with.
- It has a British Allergy Foundation rubberstamp of approval. They say, not even the tiniest dust escapes the steam from the Polti Vaporetto Classic Eco Pro 3.0 steam cleaner
- It has a big tank of 2 litres that will give you between 40-45 minutes of continuous steam cleaning. This is enough to cover your domestic spaces without the need to refill the water tank.
- It is fitted with variable control setting to enable you choose the appropriate steam pressure for your surfaces.
- It has been scientifically tested by scholars at Cambridge University and found to clean exceptionally.
Cons of Vaporetto Eco Pro
- It has a short power cord (4m).
- It is relatively expensive than most steam cleaners in the market. However, the saying “you get what you pay for holds very true with this floor steam cleaner”. On the outset it might seem that the Eco-pro Polti is expensive but in over 200 customer feedback and reviews we researched, a number of people report having owned the cleaner for 15-16 years. If this is the case then the steam cleaner will only cost you 15 pounds a year.
The Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro 3.0 Steam Cleaner is a quality steam cleaner that will provide you good value for money. We recommend it .
#4: Best Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner – Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaner
The Thane h20 x5 steam cleaner has written itself in history books of world best household steam cleaners. It is both a steam cleaner and mop in one.
It has sold over 10 million pieces worldwide. It has won several awards: best buy winner 2012; Good Housekeeping award, 2013 and 2014 & Product of the year prize 2014 (http://www.retailtimes.co.uk/thane-scoops-2014-product-year-award-steam-mop-wins-tesco-argos-listings/).
The most popular best floor steam cleaner in its range is the H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner. This was firstly produced in Lime green. It was quite lightweight 2.5 kgs and versatile.
- It cleans all types of floors with steam (it has variable heat control function)
- Spruces up garments
- Cleans windows with steam
- Detail cleans grouting, crevices, taps and most croons and crannies in domestic spaces.
- Cleans kitchen worktops, ovens, shower screen and toilet.
Although heavily promoted by TV infomercials, this steam cleaner initially received mixed reviews. The manufacturers were forced to rethink the engineering of the steamer and came up with improved versions of the x5 mop that incorporated feedback from customers.
Some key concerns by customers were that: the mop was flimsy, it could stop working after a while due to lime scale clogging, the lime green colour wasn’t everyone’s favourite colour, some even complained of it leaving the floor wet and having streaks.
Revamped X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Cleaner
Following up on feedback and complaints from customers , the X5 mop manufacturers came up with a sturdier 5 in 1 steam cleaner accompanied with super absorbent cloths to soak up all water residues and leave floors dry.
Thane H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Cleaner Colours Range:
The redesigned X5 MOP also came in different colours:
- Lime green, and
The H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner emerged as the favourite and has received numerous positive customer feedback. Customers say it is
In line with the feedback from customers, the manufacturer produced a new steam cleaner that is sleek, powerful and reliable: the H20 HD. To counter the key complain that the x5 mop easily packed up after clogging up with lime-scale, the H20 HD has:
- an integrated filter to weed out any lime scale and ensure that it does not clog up. This has made it quite reliable. Other new additions include:
- a wide floor head for quick cleaning,
- more power (1500watts up from 1300watts)
- a foldable handle and
- a see-though high definition water tank to monitor your water tank level.
The manufacturers of X5 mop only give one year guarantee unlike other popular brand like Vax and Karcher that give two years manufacturer guarantee.
The H20 HD is quite swanky but not very expensive (less than £100). It has been very well received by UK customers.
#5: The Best Steam Cleaner for Tiles – Morphy Richards Luna plus 15 in 1
The Morphy Richards 720507 Luna Plus Steam Cleaner, 15 in 1 steam cleaner is one of the very few floor mops that has illuminated lighting on the floor head. It is an improved version of the previous Morphy Richards 12 in 1 Steam Cleaner with Vibrated Floorhead.
The vibrated floorhead provides a ray of beamed light on your cleaning path to give you an indication of how well you are cleaning.
This Morphy Richards steam mop (15 in 1) floor head also has pulsating vibrations that agitate caked in dirt. This will help you effortlessly clean up smudges and stains by letting the floor head to vibrate on the stain/smudge to dismantle the dirt. It is quite convenient for spot cleaning too.
- The Morphy Richards 15 in 1 has variable floor setting which allows you to select the appropriate steam to release on your floors. It is quite suitable for all floor types.
- It has a detachable handheld cleaner that comes with a sling that you can hang on your shoulders for maximum flexibility when cleaning. With the help of the sling, you free your two hands for quick dusting and wiping of your surfaces.
- It is multifunctional and can clean up to 12 different parts in your house; from windows to kitchen worktops.
- It has swivel steer floor head for convenient manoeuvring around your furniture.
- Morphy Richards 720507 Luna Plus is suitable for most tiled floors (stone tile, saltillo, shiny, unglazed, ceramic, textured, vinyl, slate, porcelain, gloss, and bathroom and quarry tile floors).
#6: Karcher sc2 steam cleaner Reviews
TheKarcher SC2 steam cleaner weighs 3.2 kgs and is powered by a 1500 watt motor that heats up the one litre tank in 6.5 minutes.
- A full tank can give you between 25-30 minutes continuous working time.
- It is portable and has onboard tools storage.
- The SC2 Karcher steam cleaner is an improved version of the Karcher SC 1020 steam cleaner that has an integrated handle control.
#7:The Best Value Steam Cleaner : Vax S7
The Vax s7 steam mop is currently topping the best value steam cleaner list because it is cheap and reliable.You also get two years manufacturers guarantee when you register your Vax S7 2-in-1 in the Vax website.
- It has been a bestselling steam cleaner in Amazon for the last two years.
- The S7 is a 2-in-1 steam cleaner performs as well as most pricey steam floor steam cleaners. The key difference is that it does not have variable floor control setting.
- It features ‘angular floor head ’ that makes it easy to clean hard to reach areas
- It is powered by 1600watts motor with 7 metre power cord
- It quite lightweight, weighing 2.7kg only
- It is of 29 x 122 x 23 cm size
- It features 400ml water tank that heat up in 20 minutes to give you 12 minutes cleaning time.
- It comes with 16 piece accessory kit plus a shoulder strap that helps to keep one hand free while using handheld steamer
- Vax s7 steam mop comes with 2 years warranty for peace of mind.
Best Handheld Steam Cleaner
If you are looking to buy the handheld steam cleaner; the UPGRADED Handheld Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner and Sanitizer with Safety Lock for Stain Removals is the best for cleaning any sealed surface. You can use it for steam cleaning refrigerators, sinks, shower doors, wrinkled clothes and taps among others. It is powered by 1050 watts motor with 9.5 m power cord that is long enough to reach all areas in your house.
The Best Steam Mop 2017
A steam mop is basically a stick with a floor head fitted with microfiber pads. It uses steam to clean hard flooring from laminate (if it has variable control setting), tiles to hardwood floors. The hot jetting vapour has been scientifically been proven to kill 99% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces.
You may locate the best steam mop for smaller than £50 and the best deal 2-in-1 steam mops for less than £100. More so, cylinder steam cleaner may cost as high as £260; however, there are some not-so-famous brands that work well for as low as £60. Handheld cleaners may have the lowest price with units available amounting to a less than £20; however, you may also spend a bit higher on a £50 choice. Actually, prices may not guarantee the unit’s quality so you must always research or read on the review before you choose what to purchase.
Below are our top 10 best steam mops reviews UK 2017 based on detailed research, customers reviews and expert opinions.
Top 10 Best Steam Mops UK 2017
|Detailed Steam Mop Reviews||Water Capacity (litre)||Product Weight (kg)||Cord Length (m)||Ratings||Price|
|Detailed Steam Mop Reviews||Water Capacity (litre)||Product Weight (kg)||Cord Length (m)||Ratings||Price|
|Vax S86-SF-CC Steam Fresh Combi Classic Multifunction Steam Mop||2.6||3.7||7||4.2|
|Morphy Richards 720520 Supersteam Pro Steam Cleaner||0.4||3.6||5||4.3|
|Vax S86-SF-C Steam Fresh Combi Multifunction Steam Mop||0.5||3.7||8||4.2|
|Vax S7 Total Home Master Multifunction Steam Mop||0.4||2.7||7||4.1|
|Vileda 146575 Steam Mop (UK Version)||0.4||2.5||6||4.4|
|Karcher SC3 All-in-One Steam Cleaner, 1900 W, 3.5 Bar||1.0||3.1||5||4.2|
|Shark Lift Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop (S3901)||0.3||2.7||7||4.1|
|Karcher SC2 Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner, 1500 W, 3 Bar [Energy Class A]||1.0||2.9||5||4.2|
|Shark S2901UKCO Multifunction Lite Steam Pocket Mop (with Extra Microfibre Pockets)||3.4||2.5||6||4.5|
Best Steam Mop Reviews 2017
#1: Shark Multifunction Lite Steam Pocket Mop S2901 Reviews
The Shark Multifunction Lite Steam Pocket Mop S2901UK that employs a lot of cutting edge technology to make you clean your laminate and wooden flooring with ease. This product is rated as one of the top cleaning machine to buy by most happy customers.
- It dries floors super quick.
- It has a swivel head steering, and a variable floor setting.
- It has one of the best quality floor head in the cleaning industry and a long cord.
- The Shark Multifunction Lite comes with a carpet glider for refreshing carpets and many more tools for cleaning windows, curtains and kids toys.
#2: Shark Lift Away Steam Mop Reviews
The Shark lift away steam mop is a top quality steam cleaner that has received a number of awards for its overall versatility, effectiveness and reliability.
The lift away runs on a three step variable setting (mop, scrub and dust). This enables you to set the right steam setting for your floor. It is suitable for all floor types.
- The few concerns about this Shark steam mop is that it is relatively expensive . However the Shark professional is a quality and prestigious cleaner. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.
- Though the detail brush is excellent in cleaning caked in dirt, you are only supplied with one brush. You may have to buy an extra one in case the one supplied wears out.
- You get two years manufacturer guarantee when you buy. This is an indication that the manufacturer trusts the durability of their product. The two year guarantee gives you peace of mind; you can return it in case anything happens to it and get back your money or get a suitable replacement.
- It has a wide floorhead that can clean on both sides. This helps you clean wide spaces with just one microfibre pad (cleaning cloth). As a result, you will spend less on buying microfibre pads for your steam mop.
- Shark lift away steam mop has 180 degrees swivel steer head for easy maneuver of the steam mop. Clean around table legs and difficult to clean spaces with ease.
#3: H2O HD Steam Cleaner Reviews
The H20 HD steam mop is a new version of the former best selling X5 Steam Mop (red).
The H20 HD has just hit the market in April 2015 and has since generated a lot of excitement. It looks sleek and has cool features that will enhance your cleaning chores. It runs on a 1500 watt which is adequate for quick heat up.
Cons of the H20 HD
The only snag about this Thane h20 x5 steam cleaner is that it is relatively costly than most steam cleaners in the market but it produces excellent results on both floors and even glass surfaces like windows and bathroom cubicles.
H20 HD Reviews: Pros
The h20hd so far received glowing reviews. It has 4.4 star rating out of the maximum 5 stars.
The HD has a wide floor head sufficient enough for you to cover large spaces with just a few strokes (that means less work for you).
- It is fitted with an inbuilt filter this helps your steamer last long. You can use ordinary tap water even if you live in a hard water area when using the h20x5 HD without clogging up your steam cleaner with built-up limescale.
- It has an adjustable handle and a 360 degrees swivel steer floor head to help you effortlessly access hard to reach areas.
- The Thane H2O HD has a removable water tank that is 50 ml bigger than the average floor steamers. This gives you more cleaning time, enough to cover a standard room without need to refill the tank.
#4: Vileda Steam Mop Reviews
The Vileda Steam Mop is one of the top rated floor steam mops UK.This steam mob works only as a ‘floor steamer’ with no handheld attachment.
- The Vileda mop is quite lightweight, weighing 2.5kg only.
- it comes with a carpet glider for refreshing carpets.
- Has 6m cable length long enough for cleaning a standard room and a 400ml water tank.
- It also comes with 2 years guarantee for peace of mind.
#5: Black and Decker FSMH1621, 7 in 1 Steam Mop Reviews
The Black and Decker fsmh1621 , 7 in 1 steam mop has a smart select feature with factory calibrated steam threshold for most floor types. All you have to do is dial the variable floor control knob to your floor type.
- It has a steam burst technology that releases steam on demand to tackle tough stains and dirt.
- It has 5 metres cable length and 180 degrees.
Decent cord length of at least 5 meters radius. This ensures that you can reach all your floor spaces without the need to plug/unplug.
Triangular floor head that will aid you access hard to reach areas. Mops with dual floor head are the most preferable because they give you more scope. You can clean wide areas with few strokes and also easily access tight spaces like table leg angles and corners.
Steam burst or scrubber functionality to agitate tough and caked in dirt on your floors. The scrubber will loosen the dirt and make it easy to clean.
Swivel steering for easy manoeuvrability and flexibility. At least 1800 swivel. This enables you to effortlessly navigate the floor head up to 180 degrees without using elbow grease or twisting your arm.
#6: Hoover SNN1700 Steamjet Reviews
The Hoover Steamjet, SNN1700 steam mop that has a nifty detachable handheld cleaner and a7 metre electricity cable cord. Enough length to reach most standard rooms.
It has both rectangular and triangular floor head (double head technology). The triangular head makes you to easily access hard to reach areas like corners, table legs and tight spaces beneath furniture.
- It also has a scrubber on the floor head to aid you tackle tough and ingrained dirt.
- It has a versatile variable control that can be adjusted to regulate the steam released to your floors. It is suitable for all sealed hardwood floors.
The Best Steam Mop for Wooden Floors UK 2017
If you are looking for the best steam mop for wooden floors; you need one with variable control setting, decent cord length and a sizeable tank that can give you at least 15 minutes continuous cleaning is a good fit.
Wooden floors can be damaged by excessive water residue. That is why you need a mop with variable steam control.
You also want a steam mop that has a control setting trigger so that when cleaning, you will manage the release of steam to your floors by pressing the trigger. For best results, clean using short bursts of vapour followed by dry passes. This way, your floors dry quicker, in less than 3 minutes and there are no water residues or wet floors.
The following four best wooden floors steam mops are in our expert opinion worth it.
#1: Vax S86 SF C Steam Fresh Combi
The Vax s86 sf c steam fresh combi that has 360 degrees swivel steering, variable steam control and 8 meter cord length. It has a 16 piece accessory kits that can be used to clean 15 different parts of your house. It comes with a 2 year manufacturer guarantee and is quite sturdy. It weighs 3.5 kgs. This steam cleaner has consistently topped the best selling steam cleaners’ charts in all shopping portals in the UK.
#2: H2O X5 Steam Mop
The X 5 Steam Mop (white)is a versatile steam mop cleaner that can clean both floors, windows, upholstery, kitchen worktops and carpets. It is powered by a 1300 motor watt that heats up in 30 seconds to give you between 15-20 minutes of continuous cleaning.
#3: Shark Pro Steam Pocket Mop
The Shark Lift Away with a dual head floor mop. It has a control setting trigger and a 3 step variable control system. It is a top rated steam cleaner that has received awards by consumer research giants like Good Housekeeping.
#4:Black and Decker fsmh1621 7 in 1 steam mop
The Black and Decker 7 in 1 has a factory configured variable control system for different hardwood floors. It has a steam release trigger you can use to manage the flow of vapour. It is quite suitable for wooden floors.
To clean hardwood floors with a steam mop, you need a gadget that has variable control settings to regulate the amount of vapour released to your floors.
Different hardwood surfaces have different moisture threshold. You want to release steam that will not leave too much water residue that can stretch the moisture levels of your floors.
Steam cleaners with variable control regulate the amount of hot water vapour released to your floors. Other considerations are:
The Best Steam Mop for Hard Water Areas
If you are leaving in hard water areas; you need to buy a floor steam cleaner with built in water filter.
With time the filter tend to darken hence the need to change it.
Be sure to keep an eye on the water filter because if you forget to change the filter in time your steamer will clog and the vapour will stop coming out .
Having said so-
Here are the 3 best steam mops for hard water areas
Vax Steam Mop S7 – 2 in 1 Steam Mop for Hard Water Areas
The Vax Steam Mop S7 also called Total Home Master. It is one of the best 2 in 1 steam mops in the market today that is also suitablefor Hard Water Areas.
What you get from the Vax S7 is the 16 piece tool kit that will help to clean every part of your house be it floors, windows, tiles, taps even kids toys hence the name ‘total home master’
The main selling points of the S7 is that:
- It has a shoulder strap that helps free your one hand while using the handheld steamer.
- It has a very long 7m long power cord to help you clean a big room without the need to keep plugging and unplugging the cable
- It features ‘angular floor head’ that helps cleaning those hard to reach areas.
- It comes with a 400ml water tank that heats up in 30seconds to give you 15 minutes cleaning time
- It has a carpet glider for refreshing carpets
- This Vax S7 comes peace of mind you get 2 years warranty.
What’s The Best Steam Mop For Laminate Floors
In searching for the best steam mop for laminate floors 2017 UK remember that laminate flooring is very delicate and should be cleaned with gentle hot vapour. Ideally the microfibre pad should feel like a damp cloth when cleaning laminate floors.
There are steam cleaners that are factory set for cleaning laminate floors. Here are the 5 top rated best steam mops for laminate floors:
#1: H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner
The Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaner has sold over 10 million units in the last few years. It is quite popular because it is versatile and effective. Here is why the H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Red is selling so well:
H20 X5: Benefits of buying it:
- The H2O X5 Mop can clean windows, upholstery, worktops, curtains and floors.
- It runs on a 1500 watt motor that heats up in 30 seconds to give you between 20-25 minutes cleaning time.
- It can clean an entire standard room without need to refill the tank. This will help you build on the momentum you generate as you clean.
- The thane TV x5 is fitted with 4 levels of variable floor setting (low, medium, high, very high). This is ideal for deep cleaning. It means you can tackle anything with this steam mop cleaner.
- For greasy surfaces like oven/grills, just whip the high setting and all the grease gives way to leave your appliances looking like new again.
- It is quite light, it weighs only 2.5 kgs
- It kills 99% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces.
- It currently has high customer star rating (4.3 stars). 88%of the people who have purchased this best floor steam cleaner are very happy with its performance.
What You May Want to Know about the X5 Mop
- Previous makes of the Thane x5 were quite fiddly but the manufacturer has since improved the h20 x5 and now have a robust and sturdy steam cleaner- the red X5 Mop.
- The power cord of the x5 is not as long (5m) as that of Vax fresh combi (8m).
- You will have to occasionally de-scale it to stop limescale from building up.
#2: Black & Decker FSMH1621-GB Auto select Multi-Floor 7-in-1
The Black & Decker FSMH1621-GB Auto select Multi-Floor 7-in-1 steam mop is a solid multifunctional steam cleaner. It has intuitive smart control setting that is factory fitted for most delicate flooring like laminate flooring.
- It has a steam burst function for spot cleaning tough stains
- It comes with an easy detachable versatile handheld steamer for your overall cleaning.
- Variable nozzle that allows you to adjust the amount of vapour even on your handheld steamer. If you are cleaning oily surfaces, blast high steam to break down the greasy dirt.
- It comes with a flexible hose so that you don’t have to bend when mopping.
- An illuminated water tank to allow you to monitor the water level for refilling
- The 7 in 1 also comes with window cleaner
The 7 in 1 Black and Decker steam mop is a sure good investment. It is reliable and quite effective when used properly.
There have been instances of the mop not producing vapour. If this happens especially when quite knew. You should conclude straight up that you received a faulty mop. This does happen with many products. If this happens to you be sure to call the manufacturer or even Amazon who will happily give you a replacement.
Basically, with due care, any good steam mop with variable control setting should be fine for laminate flooring.You may want to stay away from steam mops that have a conituous “on” button because you can easily release too much water vapour that can leave your floors wet.Wet floors are not good for laminate surfaces.
The key really to having success when cleaning laminate floors with the Black & Decker FSMH1621-GB Auto select Multi-Floor 7-in-1 steam mop is to clean on very low pressure.
High pressure means that when the vapour condenses, the floor will be left wet. You don’t want wetness on laminate floor; the water will affect the laminate flooring. The high steam pressure can make the floor to bulk and damage your floors.
Best Steam Mop Brands
Vax steam mop, Shark steam mop, Bissell , and Morphy Richards mops are amidst the famous brands which makes best steam cleaners, supplying them to stores such as John Lewis, Argos and several supermarkets that sells them in their home improvement department. Most of these steamers can also be purchased online like the ones reviewed in this site so far.
Best 5 in 1 Steam Mop Reviews
The most common thing in almost all the Best 5 in 1 Steam Mop is that they have a detachable handheld steamer which as you might already know is a handy tool that will turn your cleaning chores into a delight.
There are quite a few of them out there like those in our Best Steam Mop Reviews page. However for the purpose of this post let us consider the most popular multi use steam cleaners.
The Best 5 in 1 Steam Mops
The Beldray Steam Mop 5 in 1 is a total multi-purpose steam mop that has proved to be quite reliable.
It has variable steam control and can clean windows, carpets, upholstery, steam garments and all types of sealed hard floors including laminate flooring. This is a reliable steam mop you get to enhance your cleaning experience.
Wolf 1200W 5 in 1 is yet one more 5 in 1 steam mop that offers lots of promise.
#4:Wolf 1200W 5 in 1 Super Heated Steam Cleaner
The Wolf 1200W 5 in 1 Super Heated Steam Cleaner is a standing upright cleaner that has an attached handheld cleaner. It comes with a fully kitted handheld accessory kit that can turn the Wolf 1200W 5 in 1 into an ultimate cleaning machine. A brand new Wolf 1200W 5 in 1 super heated team cleaner comes with five floor and upholstery coral Floor pads
As the name suggests, the Wolf 1200W is powered by a 1200 watt motor that heats the 500ml water tank in 30 seconds to produce steam that can enable you to clean for between 15-30 minutes depending on steam variation you have set.
It has variable steam control to regulate the amount of heat released to your different floor types. It has a five meter power cable.
It uses ordinary water and can clean worktops, sinks, taps, grouting, hobs and ovens. The accessories include a window squeegee that allows you to clean windows and mirrors. It can refresh upholstery and mattresses.
The Wolf 1200W 5 in 1 Super Heated Steam Cleaner is probably one of the few steam mops that has an inbuilt pump system that is able to power jetting steam (3 bar) of upwards of 150 degree centigrade for efficient cleaning. It has warning light to indicate the power is on and a detachable transparent water container. Some of the key accessories include a detachable nozzle, a bristle brush an angled removable nozzle and angled wire brush.
The Wolf 1200W 5 in 1 Super Heated Steam Cleaner is fairly priced just shy of thirty quid at time of writing. It has a 3.8 star rating from the possible 5 star from 368 customer reviews. At that price point and the promise it offers, you might want to try it from Amazon. At least Amazon offer a standard 12 month warrantee, which might be just about enough time to test drive this 5 in 1 cleaner.
One more 5 in one steam cleaner is the Gold-Tec F5 5 IN 1 Green Eco friendly .
#5:GOLD-TEC® F5 5 in 1 Green Eco Friendly Steam Mop Cleaner & Hand Steamer
The GOLD-TEC® F5 5 in 1 Green Eco Friendly Steam Mop is a standing mop with an attached handheld cleaner. It can clean most sealed hard floors including stone, lino and parquet. It can also clean/refresh carpets, grouting, crevices on kitchen taps, curtains and upholstery.
The GOLD-TEC® F5 5 in 1 Green Eco Friendly weighs only 3 Kgs and has a handheld cleaner. It also comes with a number of accessories like window squeegee for window cleaning and a carpet glider for refreshing carpets.
It has 4 variable steam settings for the different floor types. The brushes and nozzles that are in the accessories kits lift off seated dirt to leave your surfaces looking really newish.
This is a truly multi-purpose 5 in 1 steam cleaner that is fairly priced (under 30 quid). It offers good promise of being a reliable but the reviews are somehow split. It has a 3.4 star rating which is borderline for me.
The key complain seems to be that they tend to break after close to a years time. Their customer service has been brought under scrutiny but the jury is still out because only a sample few people have written unflattering reviews about them.
It only has 12 reviews so far at Amazon UK which is not enough to make a comprehensive overview.
So which one is your favorite Best 5 in 1 Steam Mop?
Best Cheap Steam Mop UK 2017
For one reason or the other you might find yourself looking for the Best cheap steam mop UK 2017; and here are the best 6 cheap steam mops that you can buy right now. Typically the price range of the gadgets below ranges between 20 to 50 pounds.
|No.||Image||Product Name & Detailed Reviews||Steam Time (mins)||Heat Up Time(Sec)||Cord Length (m)||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|No.||Image||Product Name & Detailed Reviews||Steam Time (mins)||Heat Up Time(Sec)||Cord Length (m)||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|2||Morphy Richards 720020 9-in-1 Steam Cleaner||14||30||5||4.0|
|3||Vax S86-SF-P Steam Fresh Pet Steam Mop||30||20||9||4.1|
|4||Vax S2S-1 Hard Floor Pro||10||60||8||4.1|
|5||Quest 9-in-1 Steam Cleaner||15||30||5||3.2|
|6||Beldray Steam Mop, 1300 Watt||20||20||5||4.0|
Top 3 Cheap Steam Mops UK 2017
#1: Vax S88W1MB – Cheap Vax Steam Mop
The Vax S88W1MB comes with a two year guarantee and has a carpet glider for refreshing carpets. It weighs only 2.2 kgs and has a 6m cable length .It is powered by 1500watts and has a 280ml water tank that warms up in 30 seconds to give you 10 minutes steaming time.
#2: Vax S7 Steam Mop
The Vax S7 Steam Mop weighs only 2.7 kgs and it has handy cable storage on the stick. It has an angular head, variable control and 16 piece accessory attachments. You will be pleased to know that Vax steam mop s7 has been the top selling cleaner in Amazon for three consistent years. This gadget has bags of value to it.
- It has a detachable hand held cleaner for cleaning worktops.
- It comes with a 16 piece accessory kit that includes a window squeegee for window cleaning and a detailed nozzle for cleaning crevices and grout lines.
- The S7 can perform up to seven different tasks including upholstery cleaning, window cleaning, cleaning blinds and mattresses and of course mopping floors with hot vapour.
- It has a decent 7 meter cable length for convenient navigation and use.
- The Vax S7 comes with a solid two years manufacturer guarantee. It is durable and effective.
There is a lot of other good steam mops out there. They are not much popular but quite good in what they do including the:
#3: Quest 9 in 1 Steam Cleaner
The Quest 9 in 1 steam cleaner is one of the best 2 in 1 home steam cleaners: a floor steam cleaner and handheld steamer.
- The Quest 9 in 1 is yellow in color, weighing 2.9kg and of 27 x 15 x 54 cm size.
- It is powered with 1300watts motor with 5 metre cable length.
- The Quest 9 in 1 feature a large 450 ml water tank that heats up in 30 seconds to give you 15 to 20 minutes cleaning time.
#4: VonHaus Multifunctional
The VonHaus Multifunctional is one of the 2 in 1 steam mops UK that features ‘swivel head’ for easy to clean tight corners.
- It is powered by 1500 watts motor with 6m power cord
- It features 450 ml water tank that heats up in 30 seconds to give you 20 minutes steaming time
- It has light indicators that indicate when the steamer is ready to use.
- It has variable steam control settings for adjusting steam based on the type of floor being cleaned.
- For peace of mind, you get 2 years warranty.
- It comes with carpet glider for refreshing carpets
- Click to read what Amazon customers say about this VonHaus Multifunctional steamer.
#4:Morphy Richards Multi Floors Steam Mop Reviews
The Morphy Richards 720515 multi-floors weigh only 2.1 kgs. It has a 270 ml tank that heats up in 40 seconds to give you 10 minutes of continuous cleaning. It has an ON/OFF button so you don’t have to keep pressing the trigger to release hot jetting vapour.
Though it has been paid that you get what you pay for, there are some instances where there is exception to this saying. Some of of these cheap steam mops are top value gadgets. I recommend the Vax S7 because it offers you more or less the same service you will get by buying a more expensive cleaner.
If you are looking for a gadget that will do the jobs without whistles and bells, then you need to check this best cheap steam mop here.
How to Pick the Best Steam Mop? Factors to Consider
The heat up period included in the unit’s specification applies to how long it takes to achieve the mode of producing pressure, which may depend on the machine of the unit’s total capacity. Handheld steam cleaners are easy-to-use and very lightweight but do not produces steam for a long period of time. Mops are quickly to achieve its desired heating level compared to cylinder cleaners; more so, the fastest amongst the steam cleaners have been proved to heat up in just less than 20 seconds.
The cleaning period refers to how much time you may utilize the cleaner with constant steam before you need to refill it with water again. Handheld cleaners usually have small water tanks wherein it can only produce steam for lesser time and requires you to refill it more often.
Higher Steam Input?
The basic steam input is usually measured in grams per minute. This basically means that the higher the number, the more impressive the jetting pressure it can produce. It will be worth thinking that units that may propose a higher pressure outputs may often than not leave your surfaces the wettest in the cleaning process.
When you use clean microfibre pads, your floors will never leave streaks that steal the gloss a good run of cleaning is supposed to give you.
I see in forums and reviews people venting their frustrations by complaining that their products leave streaks on their floors.
Truth be told, no best steam cleaner is designed to leave streaks.
In most cases when a steam cleaner leaves streaks, it is normally due to the fact that the floor head cloths/microfibre pads are not quite clean. So always remember to toss the microfibre pads in the washing machine or give them a hand wash with ordinary washing powder.
Fast Drying Time
When shopping for the best mop, check out for those that guarantee you fast drying time. Efficient cleaners should leave your surfaces dry in at least five minutes after cleaning.
When using high steam pressure especially if using high pressure bar cleaners like the 4.5 pressure bar Polti Vaporetto eco pro, you need to dry your floor with a dry cloth after cleaning with steamer.
For best results clean in small sections preferably 2 metre square then dry it with a soft dry cloth before you progress. If you work through your floors like this, the floors will be left gleaming.
You will find that a number of multi-purpose steam cleaning machines have this capability of leaving your floors really dry after cleaning. This is because they are fitted with the best microfiber cloths that sap up the condensation as they trap all the dirt in the cloth.
Of course you don’t want your floors wet after cleaning especially with children and even dogs walking up and down the house. This could be hazardous. Go for steam cleaners that come with a wiping cloth accessory.
Decent Cord Length
Check out how long the electric cord is. As always you want a long electric cord to save you the task of unplugging from one socket to the other as you work through the surfaces of your house.
You don’t want to be burdened with the inconvenience of buying a number of electric socket extension cords once you have already purchased your cleaning equipment just because the cord attached to your cleaner is short. It is therefore crucial that you consider this factor (length of cord) when shopping.
Replacement Jugs and Micro-Fibre Pads
In identifying a quality gadget, you should look out for models that come with a top up jug in their accessory kit. This will spare you the task of having to remove the water tank once the water runs out of the reservoir for refilling. A replacement jug also reduces the chance of water spilling in the process of refilling the tank.
High Quality Microfiber Pads
Steam cleanerss are normally fitted with a cloth or microfibre pads beneath them. These clothes/microfiber are quite important in cleaning your surfaces because through them dirt from your surface is trapped on the floor head leaving your surfaces clean and fresh.
If you are likely to be using your steam cleaner on floors, it will be advisable to buy those fitted with microfiber pads as opposed to cloths. A microfiber pad fitting helps your floor to dry up quicker. They are also washable and reusable. They last longer than clothes and are easy to clean when compared to clothes.
How to Maintain Microfibre Pads
When shopping, check for pads that are easier to maintain. Though the steam cleaners comes with a supply of replacement pads, these pads eventually run out and you have to buy replacement. However, if you take good care of the pads by regularly cleaning them after use, the pads will last long and spare you the cost of replacing them regularly.
The microfiber fitting is easier to maintain. Here is why: Microfibre pads are made of synthetic material which is easier to wash than clothes. It is advisable to let your gadget cool down before storing it. This will protect the surface floor of your storage room.
Of cause depending on how much storage space you have, you should choose a steam cleaner that will not be awkward and bulky to store.
Storage and Safety Aspects of Your Cleaner
Consider the storage and safety aspects of your gadget. Depending on your budget, it is advisable to buy a cleaner that has its own safety mat to hold the gadget after cleaning.
This saves you time you could have spent waiting for the cleaner to cool down before you store it. Alternatively shop for those that have continuous cleaning setting embedded in them.
Read reviews to find out which cleaner enables you to clean both hard and soft areas. This is convenient and efficient since you end up with a “one stop machine” to cater for all your surfaces.
However do not use it as a vacuum
This will wear your gadget down. Always vacuum before cleaning to enable the cleaner do the heavy lifting job of deep cleaning your floors. Steam cleaners kill 99% germs on your surfaces and can sift even the tiniest of dust particles.
Though most cleaners reviewed here will not only clean in a super fast fashion and leave your surfaces spotless, some of us actually prefer fresh scented smell to crown everything up.
If adding a freshener to your gadget appeals to you, then you need to shop for the one that has a component that allows you to add a freshener in your water tank.
Most Vax cleaning products for example come with a specially designed scented detergent. However, adding chemicals and fresheners without due regard to manufacturer’s specification might damage your gadget.
That is why you should think about whether you really want to use a mop that allows you to add a freshener and buy one that has this capability.
Continuous Floor Setting
Most ordinary cleaners normally need some cooling off period/time before you can refill the water tank. However most quality cleaners use cutting edge technology that enables them to be refilled on demand without the need for the gadget to cool down. This of course has an overall effect of not only saving you time (no waiting for the gadget to cool down while cleaning) but could extend the life of your cleaner (the risk of overheating is reduced).
Most cleaning products come with an assortment of attachment such as : an adjustable nozzle, hard and soft brushes, squeegee, carpet glider, and Velcro microfibre pads that could be customized to clean different parts of the house. Most 2 in 1 mops normally give you value for money.
They can be detached to clean hard to reach places. With the right accessories, you can customise the handheld cleaner that are embedded in most highly top rated steam cleaners UK to spruce up most of your surfaces.
You will find that most of the multi-purpose best cleaners give you more capability and flexibility. You can use them to clean Grout, Cookers, Upholstery, Windows, Carpets Hard floors and Tiles. These are the products that fit the bill of a quality steam cleaner in the UK.
With such multiple accessories to use on your hand held cleaner device you get flexibility of use that turns your gadget into a complete cleaning system.
Powerful Motor Engine
Another important factor to consider when choosing the best is the size of the motor engine. The motor is the one that powers your cleaner.
Of course you want a powerful machine that will make your cleaning task quick, fun and easy. To achieve this, you need a motor with considerably high wattage because the more the wattage the more powerful and effective the cleaning will be.
The water will be heated up in record time and you get longer time to use the cleaner. The wattage can go as high as 1800 watts. However with 1200 Watts and above, you should be treading on quality grounds.
The search for more power however comes at a price. The more the wattage the device has the heavier it will be, so you need to factor that into your plan. There are cleaners that have wheels on the base though, in which case weight of the cleaner is no issue because you won’t have to push it around.
The cleaner you end up buying depends really on your individual needs. Before you set out in search of the cleaner you desire, you should first decide what you would really want to use it for. Consider the size of your house and the kind of surfaces that you are going to it on.
- Do you have different surfaces across the house?
- Do you have pets?
- Do you have children who crawl about your floors?
- Are your surfaces tiled, laminate, hardwood, vinyl, all carpeted, a mix of carpet and hard surfaces?
- Are the surfaces sealed? Are there insurance clauses regarding cleaners?
These factors will enable you to choose the cleaning machine that is tailored to your needs.
Once you figure out what you plan to use your steam cleaner for, you need to decide the size and weight of the gadget that will closely fit your preferred way of working. Most floor mops come in different shapes, weights and capabilities.
- Best Steam Cleaners UK 2017
- What is the Best Steam Cleaner UK 2017?
- #1: Karcher SC3 – The Best Karcher Steam Cleaner
- #2: The Best Floor Steam Cleaner – Vax Steam Fresh Combi S86-SF-C
- #3: Best Steam Cleaner for Allergy Sufferers – Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro
- #4: Best Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner – Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaner
- #5: The Best Steam Cleaner for Tiles – Morphy Richards Luna plus 15 in 1
- #6: Karcher sc2 steam cleaner Reviews
- #7:The Best Value Steam Cleaner : Vax S7
- Best Handheld Steam Cleaner
- The Best Steam Mop 2017
- Top 10 Best Steam Mops UK 2017
- Best Steam Mop Reviews 2017
- The Best Steam Mop for Wooden Floors UK 2017
- The Best Steam Mop for Hard Water Areas
- What’s The Best Steam Mop For Laminate Floors
- Best Steam Mop Brands
- Best 5 in 1 Steam Mop Reviews
- The Best 5 in 1 Steam Mops
- Best Cheap Steam Mop UK 2017
- Top 3 Cheap Steam Mops UK 2017