Find out as we review the 44 top rated best steam mops from top brands: Vax, Shark, X5, Karcher, Pifco, Beldray, Black and Decker, Polti, Efbe and many more.
When choosing which steam mop to buy 2016, check out for those that are easy to assemble.
- Read through the product description to be sure that you can assemble the gadget you buy with relative ease. Fortunately all the best products we have reviewed can be assembled effortlessly.
- When you use clean microfibre pads, your floors will never leave streaks that steal the gloss a good run of cleaning is supposed to give you.
- In most cases when a cleaner leaves streaks, it is normally due to the fact that the floor head cloths/microfibre pads are not quite clean.
Top 10 Best Steam Mops Reviews UK 2016
Info Found On This Page
- Top 10 Best Steam Mops Reviews UK 2016
- 1:Vax Steam Fresh Combi 15 in 1 S86-SF-C Steam Cleaner Review: The Best Multi-Purpose Steam Mop UK 2016
- Vax S86-SF-C Review: Cons
- Vax S86-SF-C Steam Cleaner Reviews: Benefits
- 2:Morphy Richards 12 in 1 Steam Cleaner Review
- 3:Thane H2O HD Steam Mop Reviews
- 4:Shark Lift Away 5 in 1 Steam Mop (S3901) Review
- 5:Thane H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner Review
- 6:Vileda Steam Mop Reviews
- Top-Range Best Floor Steam Cleaners Reviews
- Polti Steam Cleaner Review: Cons of Vaporetto Eco Pro,
- Best Steam Mop for Laminate Floors
- 7 Best Vax Steam Mop Reviews
- 7 Best Morphy Richards Steam Mop Reviews
- Best All-Rounder Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaner Reviews
- 7 Best Karcher Steam Cleaner Reviews
- Best Steam Mop for Tiled, Hardwood, Ceramic and Grout Floors
- Good Cheap Steam Mop Reviews UK 2016 (Under £40)
- Best Steam Cleaner UK Consumer Reports
- Best Carpet Cleaner Reviews 2016 UK: For Home Use
- Best Steam Cleaners Buying Guide
- What Exactly to Look for in Buying Top Quality Steam Mop?
- Best Decent Cord Length
- Replacement Jugs and Micro-Fibre Pads
- Best Quality Microfiber Pads
- How to Maintain Microfibre Pads
- Best Storage and Safety Aspects of Your Cleaner
- However do not use it as a vacuum
- Fresh Scent
- Continuous Floor Setting
- Powerful Motor Engine
- What are the Best Functionalities to Look For?
- Considering Your Floor Type
- What Tank Size
- Are Lightweight Mops Really the Best?
- The 4 Best Cheapest Steam Mops UK Reviews
|No.||Product||Product Name & Detailed Reviews||Steam Time (mins)||Heat Up Time(Sec)||Cord Length (m)||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|No.||Product||Product Name & Detailed Reviews||Steam Time (mins)||Heat Up Time(Sec)||Cord Length (m)||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|#1Best Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner||Vax Steam Fresh Combi S86-SF-C , 15 in 1 Steam Cleaner||20||30||8||4.3|
|2||Morphy Richards 720506 Luna 12-in-1 Steam Cleaner||17||30||5||4.5|
|3||Karcher SC3 All-in-One Steam Cleaner, 1900 W, 3.5 Bar||30||30||5||4.4|
|4||Thane H2O HD High Definition 5 in 1 Steam Mop Cleaner||15||25||6.0||4.4|
|5||H2O H20 X5 Mop 5 in 1 Portable Steam Mop (Red)||15||30||6||4.4|
|6||Morphy Richards 720507 Luna 15 in 1 Steam Cleaner||17||30||5||4.8|
|7||Vileda Steam Mop (UK Version)||15||15||6||4.3|
|8||Shark Lift-Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop - S3901||15||30||7||4.1|
|9||Black and Decker Steam Mop, 1600 Watt - White/ Blue||13-19||15||5.0||4.3|
|10||Holme Detergent Steam Mop, White||15||40||8||4.2|
|#1 Best Value Steam Mop||Vax S7 Steam Mop||12||30||8||4.1|
For the best value steam mop; check the Vax S7 2 in 1 steam cleaner but, for the best overall steam mop, Vax steam fresh combi is it.
1:Vax Steam Fresh Combi 15 in 1 S86-SF-C Steam Cleaner Review: The Best Multi-Purpose Steam Mop UK 2016
The Vax Steam Fresh Combi 15 in 1 cleaner was crowned as the best steam mop 2014 by the leading consumer research giant “Which” after extensive research and analysis and since then it has been one of the best sellers, steamer in the UK Market.
This 15 in 1 steam cleaner is an improved version of the former best selling Vax S86-SF-CC Steam Fresh Combi Classic 10-in-1 Handheld and Steam Mop.
Vax fresh combi s86-sf-c is packed with exciting features that will make your cleaning tasks effortless and fun. It is the best steam cleaner for laminate floors, wood, tiles, stone and all kinds of sealed hard floors. Best for refreshing carpets and rugs too.
The Vax 15 in 1 floor selector ensures the machine releases optimum amount of detergent and water from each tank for the selected floor type. Vax Fresh Combi is a 2 in 1 gadget that comes with a 10 piece accessory tool kit. The kit gives the S86-SF-C Vax Steam Fresh Combi added functionality. It has two tanks, one for detergent and the other for water. It uses specially designed patented Vax detergent that are blended with different welcoming scents (citrus burst, Lime zest and spring fresh).
Vax S86-SF-C Review: Cons
The few negative things about the S86-SF-C vax steam combi are:
- It is relatively heavier than other lightweight cleaners. It weighs 3.5 kgs.
- The Vax detergent though cheap can add up in cost overtime and make it expensive. However you can use the Vax S86-SF-C cleaner without detergent and yet achieve spectacular results.
- The hand-held cleaner does not use Vax detergent. The Vax detergent is only used on the floor mop. However, the idea behind hot vapour mops is to use only hot vapour to kill 99% of all germs and bacteria on your floors without the use of detergents. So even without the Vax detergent you can still kill all germs and bacteria on your surfaces using steam only and leave your floors gleaming.
Vax S86-SF-C Steam Cleaner Reviews: Benefits
- The Vax combi steam mop is durable and effective. It comes with an iron-clad two year manufacturer guarantee. All you have to do is to register your electric mop at the manufacturer’s website to activate the guarantee. This gives you peace of mind with the knowledge that you can use your vax s86 for at least 2 years and incase it breaks down you are covered by the manufacturer’s guarantee. Most customer feedback indicate that the customer service desk at Vax is quite helpful.
- This S86-SF-C Vax multifunction can complete 15 different cleaning tasks in your house which means you can accomplish all your cleaning tasks with just one gadget. You can clean your windows, steam your upholstery, mattress, kitchen worktops, tile grouting, shower cubicle, refresh carpets and spruce up your car alloy wheels.
- This S86-SF-C Vax multi floor cleaner kills 99% of all germs on your surfaces and comes with a vax detergent that cleans far much better and kills 37% more bacteria on your floors than most floor mops in the market. This alone will provide healthy spaces for your family and pets. It also battles dirt and grime on your surfaces and not only leaves them stunningly clean but also gives them a welcoming fresh citrus scent. The scent can last up to seven days.
- The Vax s86-sf-c is fitted with a nifty variable floor setting. This setting enables you to choose the amount of hot vapour to release on your floors. This makes the vax mop S86-SF-C suitable for most floor types including sensitive flooring like laminate floors. It also has an in-built floor scrubber for you to spot clean any ingrained stains and caked in dirt.
- The Vax steam fresh combi S86-SF-C has a 8m long cord (the longest of all the floor cleaners in the UK market). With such a long cable you can to cover wide areas in your domestic spaces without the need to plug and unplug when changing sockets. The long cord makes the vax s86-sf easy to maneuver and a joy to use. It also has swivel head steering for easy navigation around tight spaces like table legs and under sofa seats.
The Morphy Richards Luna 12 in 1 is one of the very few floor mops that has illuminated lighting on the floor head. Its latest version is the Morphy Richards 15 in 1 Steam Cleaner 720507 Luna Plus with Vibrated Floorhead.
The vibrated floorhead provides a ray of beamed light on your cleaning path to give you an indication of how well you are cleaning.
The Morphy richards 720506 floor head also has pulsating vibrations that agitate caked in dirt. This will help you effortlessly clean up smudges and stains by letting the floor head to vibrate on the stain/smudge to dismantle the dirt. It is quite convenient for spot cleaning too.
Benefits of the Morphy Richards Luna 12 in 1:
- The Morphy Richards 12 in 1 steam cleaner has variable floor setting which allows you to select the appropriate hot vapour to release on your floors. It is quite suitable for all floor types.
- It has a detachable handheld cleaner that comes with a sling that you can hang on your shoulders for maximum flexibility when cleaning. With the help of the sling, you free your two hands for quick dusting and wiping of your surfaces.
- It is multifunctional and can clean up to 12 different parts in your house; from windows to kitchen worktops.
- It has swivel steer floor head for convenient maneuvering around your furniture.
The X5 Thane H20 HD steam cleaner just hit the market in April 2015 and has since generated a lot of excitement . It looks sleek and has cool features that will enhance your cleaning chores. It runs on a 1500 watt which is adequate for quick heat up and time:
H20 HD Steam Cleaner Reviews: Cons
This cleaner has so far received glowing reviews. It has 4.4 star rating out of the maximum 5 stars.
- The only snag is that it is relatively costly than most cleaners in the market but it produces excellent results on both floors and even glass surfaces like windows and bathroom cubicles.
H20 HD Steam Cleaner Review: Benefits:
- The h20 steam cleaner has a wide floor head sufficient enough for you to cover large spaces with just a few strokes (that means less work for you).
- It is fitted with an inbuilt filter this helps your cleaner last long. You can use ordinary tap water even if you live in a hard water area when using the h20x5 HD without clogging up your cleaner with built-up limescale.
- It has an adjustable handle and a 360 degrees swivel steer floor head to help you effortlessly access hard to reach areas.
- It has a removable water tank that is 50 ml bigger than the average floor cleaner. This gives you more cleaning time, enough to cover a standard room without need to refill the tank.
The Shark (S3901) is a top quality 5 in 1 cleaner that has received a number of awards for its overall versatility effectiveness and reliability. It runs on a three step variable setting (mop, scrub and dust). This enables to set the right hot vapour setting for your floor. It is suitable for all floor types.
Shark Lift Away Pocket Review: Cons
- The few snags about this cleaner is that it is relatively expensive than most steam cleaners in the market. However Shark Lift Away 5 in 1 is a quality and prestigious cleaner. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.
- Though the detail brush is excellent in cleaning caked in dirt, you are only supplied with one one. You may have to buy an extra one in case the one supplied wears out.
Shark 5 in 1 Key Benefits:
- You get two years manufacturer guarantee when you buy. This is an indication that the manufacturer trust the durability of their product. The two year guarantee gives you peace of mind;you can return it in case anything happens to it and get back your money or get a suitable replacement.
- It has a wide floorhead that can clean on both sides. This helps you clean wide spaces with just one microfibre pad (cleaning cloth). As a result, you will spend less on buying microfibre pads for your cleaner.
- The Shark S3901 has 180 degrees swivel steer head for easy maneuver of the cleaner. Clean around table legs and difficult to clean spaces with ease.
In general the Shark s3901 is a prestigious cleaner that has high customer rating.
The X5 steam mop has sold over 10 million units in the last few years. It is quite popular because it is versatile and effective. Here is why the Thane H20 X5 cleaner is selling so well:
H20 X5 : Benefits of Buying it:
- The h2ox5 is a multifunctional 5 in 1 cleaner that can clean windows, upholstery, worktops, curtains and floors.
- It runs on a 1500 watt motor that heats up in 30 seconds to give you up to 20-25 minutes cleaning time.
- With this Thane x5 you can clean an entire standard room without need to refill the tanks. This will help you build on the momentum you generate as you clean.
- The thane tv x5 is fitted with 4 levels of variable floor setting (low, medium, high, very high). This is ideal for deep cleaning. It means you can tackle anything with this cleaner.
- For greasy surfaces like oven/grills, just whip the high setting and all the grease gives way to leave your appliances looking like new again.
- It is quite light, it weighs only 2.5 kgs
- It kills 99% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces.
- It currently has high customer star star rating (4.3 star). 88%of the people who have purchased this cleaner are very happy with its performance.
X5 steam mop: What You May Want to Know
- Previous makes of the x5 steam mop were quite fiddly but the manufacturer has since improved the h20 x5 and now have a robust and sturdy steam cleaner- the red X5 Mop.
- The power cord of the x5 steam cleaner is not as long (5m) as that of Vax fresh combi (8m).
- You will have to occasionally de-scale it to stop limescale from building up. Built-up limescale will reduce the shelf life of the h20 steam cleaner.
Vileda is a trusted brand in the cleaning industry. Vileda steam mop has a 1550 watt engine to give you quick heat up time that will provide sufficient jetting vapour to clean your floors. It has a 400 ml tank that can give you between 15-20 minutes cleaning time. Why do we consider Vileda steam mop to be one of the best?
It has no see through/illuminated water tank and so it is not easy to know whether the water tank is about to be empty. However when the tank runs out an indicator light comes on.
All in all the Vileda steam mop has received some good reviews at Amazon and could be a good fit for you.
Benefits of the Vileda Floor Steamer
Well you get 2 years guarantee when you buy Vileda steam mop. This is a signal that it is durable and that the manufacture has confidence in its product. Spending less than £50 for two years service is good value for money.
- The Vileda steam cleaner has variable floor setting that is suitable for most floor types.
- It is quite lightweight (2.5 kgs) for easy and effortless cleaning. It also has a swivel steer floor head for convenient maneuverability.
- It has multiple attachments that can be customised to clean different parts of the house.
- You buy from a trusted brand in the cleaning industry.
- It has angled floorhead that easily reaches hard to access areas like corners.
- The Vileda kills 99% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces.
Top-Range Best Floor Steam Cleaners Reviews
Most of the high-end cleaners tend to be cylinder cleaners. They usually cost between £120 to £300. Cylinder cleaners tend to have bigger tank sizes. This means they can be used for longer periods without the need to re-fill the tank.
Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro 3.0 Steam Cleaner, 4.5 Bar Review
Here is what you get when you buy the Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro 3000:
- A truly multifunctional cleaner that can clean windows, carpets, upholstery, worktops floors and almost any place in the house.
- It has accessories like window cleaner and the steam lance that enables you to clean the back of radiators which many cleaners in the market do not have.
- It is quite durable. Many customers report having owned the Polti for 16 years. On average most people had the cleaner for between 3-16 years depending on care and use. (Hint: if you do not use the Polti steam iron attachment, your cleaner will last for long.)
- It has a high steam pressure bar of 4.5 powered by a 2000 watt motor. This is very hot steam that will easily dislodge any stubborn dirt especially on greasy surfaces. It has a hot vapour pressure indicator for you to monitor the amount of hot vapour you are releasing to your surfaces. It is the perfect cleaner for deep cleaning grubby and oily surfaces like barbecues, car wheel rims, car seats and engines.
- It has a concentrator tool with nylon brush that can be used for cleaning grout and for spot cleaning smudges.
- It is lightweight to operate because it rolls on wheels in spite of its 4.9 kgs weight.
- It is fitted with two anti-calc Kalstop phials- these ensure that your cleaner will not clog up with lime scale which can damage your cleaner. With these in place your cleaner will last for long even if you live in a hard water region.
- It has an adjustable steam hose. This will easily enable you to reach tight spaces and hard to reach areas. You can also adjust it to the height you feel comfortable with.
- It has a British Allergy Foundation rubberstamp of approval. They say, not even the tiniest dust escapes the hot vapour from the Polti Vaporetto Classic Eco Pro 3.0 cleaner
- It has a big tank of 2 litres that will give you between 40-45 minutes of continuous cleaning. This is enough to cover your domestic spaces without the need to refill the water tank.
- It is fitted with variable hot vapour setting to enable you choose the appropriate steam pressure for your surfaces.
- It has been scientifically tested by scholars at Cambridge University and found to clean exceptionally.
Polti Steam Cleaner Review: Cons of Vaporetto Eco Pro,
- It has a short power cord (4m).
- It is relatively expensive than most cleaners in the market. However, the saying “you get what you pay for holds very true with this floor cleaner”. On the outset it might seem that the Eco-pro Polti is expensive but in over 200 customer feedback and reviews we researched, a number of people report having owned the cleaner for 15-16 years. If this is the case then the cleaner will only cost you 15 pounds a year.
The Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro 3.0 is a quality cleaner that will provide you good value for money. We recommend it . Check the Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro 3.0 at Amazon to see whether it is a good fit for you.
Read reviews of other select cylinder cleaners by clicking the links below:
Laminate floors are delicate and should be cleaned with gentle hot vapour. Ideally the microfibre pad should feel like a damp cloth when cleaning laminate floors.
There are floor steam cleaners that are factory set to work perfectly on laminate flooring. Here they are:
With due care, any good electric floor mop with variable setting should be fine. Here are a few you should consider buying :
These floor steamers have consistently received positive feedback by customers who use them day in day out. Click on the links above to find detailed analysis of these gadgets by our reviewers.
The key really to having success when cleaning laminate floors with a floor steamer is to clean on very low pressure.
High pressure means that when the vapour condenses, the floor will be left wet. You don’t want wetness on laminate floor, the water will affect the laminate flooring. The high hot vapour pressure can make the floor to bulk and damage your floors.
The manufacturer of Vax steam mop and cleaners has the best steam mop for everyone. From budget buyers to high end products packed with innovative technology.
Some of their latest cleaners include the multifunctional Vax Steam Fresh Power Plus Steam Cleaner S84-W7-P that comes with a 360 degrees handheld tool to enable you clean all crevices. Other key features are a compact brush and steam boost for tough stains. Like most mops it comes with a long power-cord for easy navigation in your domestic spaces.
Vax Steam Fresh Power Multifunction Steam Cleaner S85-SF-R: This is marketed as a 3 in 1 cleaner which is a step ahead of the pack in the hot vapour cleaning market in which 2 in 1 cleaners are the most common.
The three in one comprises of a dedicated floor cleaner, a nifty fully kitted handheld cleaner and a reach wand for all those high spaces like ceiling and tight spaces like under furniture fittings. So far the S85-SF-R has emerged as the best seller in the Vax hot vapour cleaning range. Other key features are compact brush and steam boost for ingrained dirt, a wide range of accessories for clean any place in your domestic space and variable floor control on the handle for ease of control.
The other high end best seller is theVax Steam Fresh Combi Multifunction 15-in-1 Steam Cleaner S86-SF-C which has worn awards from consumer research bodies like Which?
In spite of newer versions, the Vax S86-SF-C fresh combi continues to be a favourite among consumers. It is a best seller in major outlets in the UK like Amazon and Argos.
The Vax s86-sf-c 15 in 1 can clean up to 15 places in your domestic spaces. It comes with a host of accessories.
The Vax fresh combi s86-sf-c is an improved version of the Vax steam fresh combi classic 10 in 1 s86-sf-cc. The Fresh Combi classic S86-SF-CC has no variable steam control function and can only clean up to ten places in your domestic spaces compared to the Vax s86-sf-c that clean up to 15 areas in your house.
The other difference is that the Vax 10 in 1 steam cleaner has a slightly shorter power cord (7m) compared to the Vax 15 in 1 that has (8m).
So what is different between the Vax Steam Fresh Combi Multifunction 15-in-1 Steam Cleaner S86-SF-C and the newer versions Vax Steam Fresh Power Multifunction Steam Cleaner S85-SF-R and the Vax Steam Fresh Power Plus Steam Cleaner S84-W7-P?
The key difference is that the newer version has a wand to help reach tight spaces and high ceilings. The wand can be used with a host of accessories like the window cleaner (squeegee) or hard bristle grout brush to clean high windows and grout in tight spaces.
The Vax Steam Fresh Power Plus Steam Cleaner S84-W7-P has a 360 degree handheld tool that enables you to clean from any angle. The newer versions have an extra steam boost to enable you tackle tough stains and dirt. Unlike the Vax 15 in 1 the Vax fresh power and fresh power plus have a wall mount function because they are not as free standing as the Vax 15 in 1.
Among low and medium priced cleaners the Vax S7 is the most popular. It has been a bestselling cleaner in Amazon for the last two years. The S7 is a 2-in-1 cleaner that performs as well as most pricy cleaners. The key difference is that it does not have variable floor control setting.
The lowest priced Vax cleaner is the Steam Clean Multi S85-CM. It is lightweight (2.1 kgs), it has a shorter power cord (5m) but has a nifty handheld cleaner.
There is also a Vax S4 Grime Master Handheld Steam Cleaner is a dedicated handheld cleaner that has a 7 toolkit for most surface cleaning.
Vax also has a cleaner specially designed for pet owners: the Vax Steam Fresh Pet Steam Cleaner S86-SF-P. This cleaner features a pet pad that removes all pet hair from your surfaces. It also has a considerably longer cleaning time (30 minutes). The defining feature of this cleaner is the pet pad that is specially designed to remove even the tiniest pet fur from your surfaces. However it does not have a handheld cleaner. It has a scrubber and steam burst functionality for caked in dirt and tough stains.
The other set of hot vapour cleaners produced by Vax are cylinder cleaners: The Vax Home Pro Compact Steam Cleaner S6S and Vax S5 Kitchen and Bathroom Master Compact Steam Cleaner. Typically these cylinder cleaners are quite portable because they roll on wheels.
They also have onboard accessory storage kit and a larger water tank than standing cleaners which also gives longer continuous cleaning time than stick hot vapour mops and cleaners.
The key difference between the Vax S5 and Vax S6 is that the S5 is more compact and has a slightly smaller water tank. It also has fewer accessories compared to the S6. While the S6 has 20 accessory tool kit for all kinds of cleaning the Vax S5 has only 16. The Vax S6 gives you 40 minutes continuous cleaning time while the Vax S5 gives you only 30 minutes continuous cleaning time.
Apart from the Vax Steam Clean Multi Steam Cleaner S85-CM that has only one year guarantee, most Vax cleaners come with a manufacturer warrantee of two years. They also generally tend to have longer power cords (5m-9m) compared to other major brands in the hot vapour cleaning industry.
Vax also produces specially designed detergents that are scientifically proven to clean 37% better than using a hot vapour mop without detergent. They also use specially designed mop pads that work well with Vax cleaners.
If you have any other brand that you trust, for example if you have a decent vacuum cleaner that has given you excellent service over the years, you might want to check whether they also have cleaners in their product range.
(Click the link above to read all the 7 top rated Morphy Richards steam mops and see how they compare with each other)
There is no doubt that Morphy Richards is a trusted brand for quality domestic cleaning appliances.
As they say a good name has high currency and this company is keen to keep the good name they have built over the years. So when buying any of their Steam Cleaners you can be assured that you are dealing with a reputable brand.
Well, in here is the detailed review of their best selling Morphy Richards Luna 12 in 1 steam cleaner.
(Click the link above to read all the top rated Thane steam mops and see how they compare with each other)
The steam mop manufactured by Thane has written itself in history books of world best selling steam cleaners. It has sold over 10 million pieces worldwide. It has won several awards: best buy winner 2012; Good Housekeeping award, 2013 and 2014 & Product of the year prize 2014 (http://www.retailtimes.co.uk/thane-scoops-2014-product-year-award-steam-mop-wins-tesco-argos-listings/).
The most popular cleaner in its range is the Thane H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner. This was firstly produced in Lime green. It was quite lightweight 2.5 kgs and versatile.
- It cleans all types of floors with hot vapour (it has variable heat control function)
- Spruces up garments
- Cleans windows with steam
- Detail cleans grouting, crevices, taps and most croons and crannies in domestic spaces.
- Cleans kitchen worktops, ovens, shower screen and toilet.
Although heavily promoted by TV infomercials, this cleaner initially received mixed reviews. The manufacturers were forced to rethink the engineering of the cleaner and came up with improved versions of the x5 mop that incorporated feedback from customers.
Some key concerns by customers were that: the mop was flimsy, it could stop working after a while due to lime scale clogging, the lime green colour wasn’t everyone’s favourite colour, some even complained of it leaving the floor wet and having streaks.
Revamped X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Cleaner
Following up on feedback and complaints from customers , the X5 mop manufacturers came up with a sturdier 5 in 1 cleaner accompanied with super absorbent cloths to soak up all water residues and leave floors dry.
Thane H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner Colours Range:
The redesigned X5 MOP also came in different colours:
- Lime green, and
The red Thane H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner emerged as the favourite and has received numerous positive customer feedback. Customers say it is
H20 HD X5 Steam Cleaner
In line with the feedback from customers, the manufacturer produced a new cleaner that is sleek, powerful and reliable: the H20 HD. To counter the key complain that the x5 mop easily packed up after clogging up with lime-scale, the H20 HD has:
- an integrated filter to weed out any lime scale and ensure that it does not clog up. This has made it quite reliable. Other new additions include:
- a wide floor head for quick cleaning,
- more power (1500watts up from 1300watts)
- a foldable handle and
- a see-though high definition water tank to monitor your water tank level.
The H20 HD is quite swanky but not very expensive (less than £100). It has been very well received by UK customers.
The manufacturers of X5 mop only give one year guarantee unlike other popular brand like Vax and Karcher that give two years manufacturer guarantee.
(Click the link above to read all the 7 top rated Karcher steam mops and see how they compare with each other)
Karcher has revolutionalized the way we clean our homes by its innovative steam cleaners and window vacuums. These gadgets battle caked in dirt and grime to give your living spaces a fresh clean and gleaming finish. Like Vax cleaners, most Karcher cleaners come with a two year guarantee.
Why go for Kärcher Steam Cleaners? The key feature about this manufacturer is that their gadgets produce relatively higher pressure than other mops in the hot vapour cleaning industry. The bar average bar pressure ranges between 3-4.2 pressure bar which is sufficient to break down any deep seated dirt.
The most popular Karcher cleaner is the medium priced all-in-one SC3. It is called all in one because its old version the Kärcher SC1030 was sold with an iron attachment. The SC3 has iron functionality but the iron is sold separately.
Although there are more advanced models like the SC4 and SC5, the SC3 gives you more or less the same power and functionality of the SC4 and SC5 for a budget friendly price. The thing that sets the SC4 and the SC5 apart from the SC3 is a slightly higher pressure bar. The SC4 and SC5 have a 4.1 and 4.2 pressure bar respectively while the SC3 has a 3.5 pressure bar which is decent enough to blast off caked in dirt.
Here are some of the key features of the Karcher SC3
- Fast heat up time (30 seconds)
- One litre refillable water tank .
- You can refill on the fly as you clean without stopping or re-starting.
- The large tank gives you long continuous cleaning time to tackle most of your spaces without stopping to refill. .
Here are the other Popular Karcher cleaners:Karcher SC2
The SC2 weighs 3.2 kgs and is powered by a 1500 watt motor that heats up the one litre tank in 6.5 minutes.
- A full tank can give you between 25-30 minutes continuous working time.
- It is portable and has onboard tools storage.
- The SC2 is an improved version of the Karcher SC 1020 that has an integrated handle control..
The the SC1 is a handheld cleaner with a floor attachment. It has heat up time of 3 minutes and a water tank of 200ml. The water tank can give you between 5-8 minutes cleaning time. The SC1 is ideal for small spaces . It is also the cheapest Karcher cleaner.Karcher SC4
The Karcher SC4 is the new version of the Karcher SC2.500C. It is powered by a 2000watt motor that heats up the 800ml tank in four minutes.
- It features a non-stop refillable tank and a high pressure bar of 4.1.
- It weighs 4.1 kgs and has comfort plus. Comfort plus simply means an assortment of high end accessories and features. They include a larger floor nozzle that will enable you to cover wide areas quickly and can cut your cleaning time.
- Cutting edge lamellae (thin layered floor tool accessory) on the face of the floor nozzle that enhances efficient use of hot vapour and the cleaning cloth.
This is a high end gadget that produces high pressure bar of 4.2 bar. It is powered by a 2200 watt that heats up the 1.5 litre tank in three minutes.
- It features a non-stop refillable tank and an assortment of Karcher comfort plus tools.
- It weighs 6 kgs and has a Vapa-hydro functionality that blasts out hot vapour to dismantle and breakdown any stubborn grime or grease.
The gadgets come with a nylon round brush set of three colour coded brushes that are used to clean taps, grouting, crevices, bathroom, kitchen and many more areas in your domestic space.
Terry clothes for wiping places you have cleaned. The terry clothes are machine washable however you are better off getting Velcro which tends to last longer.
The few disadvantages about Karcher steam cleaner is that they typically have shorter power cords of 4-5 meters. This is unlike Vax that have long cables of 7-8 metres.
The round nylon brushes for detail cleaning are not very durable. However you can buy brass bristle round brushes from Karcher from Amazon or any other online shop for less than ten quid. The brass bristle brushes are sturdy and long lasting. They are ideal for cleaning grout and crevices.
Best Steam Mop for Tiled, Hardwood, Ceramic and Grout Floors
You will find that different Floor steamers are better suited to different floor types (vinyl plank floors, slate, wooden,tile, laminate, limestone, porcelain tiles/ quarry tiles, marble floors ).
They also come in different shapes, size, feel and look. Some of the top end steam floor mops are factory calibrated to work efficiently with almost all types of floor types. The cleaners below work well on ceramic tiles because of their variable floor setting.
- Typically the variable setting ranges from low mid-range to high. High setting releases high pressure steam which is ideal for deep cleaning while low is good for wiping and mopping.
- For tiles you will need mid-range variable setting for the best results. High setting will leave you tiles wettish and may take slightly longer to dry. Meanwhile for grouting, you need a gadget with hard,compact/metal brush to scrub any built up dirt away from your grout.
Below are our recommended best steam mops cleaners for all floor types from laminate, vinyl,ceramic tile floors to tile grout.
- Vax 15 in 1 Steam Fresh Combi Steam Cleaner S86-SF-C, 0.5 Litre, White/ Grey
- Morphy Richards 12 in 1 steam cleaner
- Shark Lift-Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop – S3901
- Thane H2O HD High Definition 5 in 1
- H2O Mop X5
These floor cleaners are suitable for most tiled floors (stone tile, saltillo, shiny, unglazed,ceramic, textured, vinyl, slate,porcelain , gloss,bathroom and quarry tile floors).
They are good for grout because the compact brush is quite sturdy while the hot vapour loosens up dirt on grouting. For sealed hardwood floors use the variable control setting to select the appropriate pressure for your wooden floor.
Good Cheap Steam Mop Reviews UK 2016 (Under £40)
In case you are looking for which steam mops are cheap but decent; then have a look at these top 3 cheapest steam mops UK. You can get one of these even if you are on a tight budget.
Take for instance the German engineered Efbe Schott 6 in 1 that comes complete with a versatile handheld cleaner. Vax s7 is currently topping the Amazon bestseller list because it is affordable and reliable.
You also get two years manufacturers guarantee when you register your Vax S7 2-in-1 in the Vax website. Check out detailed reviews of these gadgets by clicking the links below.
Best Steam Cleaner UK Consumer Reports
Consumer reports like Good Housekeeping and Which? vouch for the Shark lift away 5 in 1 steam mop (S3901) . This is a 2 in 1 gadget that employs a lot of cutting edge technology to make you clean your laminate and wooden flooring with ease. This product is rated as one of the best steam cleaner to buy by the leading consumer review and analysis firm “good housekeeping”.
- It dries floors super quick.
- It has a swivel head steering, variable floor setting.
- It has one of the best quality floor head in the cleaning industry and a long cord.
- It is also long lasting according to thousands of customer reviews we have surveyed.
Best Carpet Cleaner Reviews 2016 UK: For Home Use
Steam mops with carpet glider/carpet attachment functionality can be used to refresh carpets. By refresh here we mean that they can actually bring up the pile and rejuvenate it by loosening surface dirt and killing germs on your carpets. This is good enough to get rid of smudges and stains on your carpets.
The carpets actually look newer after refreshing them with hot vapour. Many people are turning to floor cleaning mops that clean with hot vapour as a quick fix to cleaning carpets.The good thing with steam mops with a carpet glider is that you can clean on the go.
However for deep carpet cleaning you still need a dedicated carpet cleaner. If you are looking for the best carpet cleaner/carpet washer; check one of these top rated carpet cleaners.
- Vax V-124A Dual V Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
- Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Multivax Dry Vacuum and Carpet Washer
- Vax W90-RU-P Rapide Ultra 2 Pre-Treatment Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
- Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright Carpet Washer
- Vax W87-DV-R Dual V Advance Reach Upright Carpet Cleaner
- Vax w87-dv-b dual v advance upright carpet
- Bissell cleanview deep clean carpet cleaner
- Bissell CleanView ProHeat Carpet Washer and or the
- Vax W90-RU-B Rapide Ultra Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
Best Steam Cleaners Buying Guide
When choosing which is the best steam cleaner to buy 2016, check out for those that are easy to assemble. For instance the H20 sleek HD andPolti eco pro 3000 are a breeze to set up and get going. If it is too complicated to fit together, move over to the next one because it takes away the delight of buying it.
Read through the product description to be sure that you can assemble the gadget you buy with relative ease.
If you are like most people, you always want immediate gratification from what you buy, do not let assembling the product you buy stand in the way.
Fortunately all the best products we have reviewed can be assembled effortlessly. When you use clean microfibre pads, your floors will never leave streaks that steal the gloss a good run of cleaning is supposed to give you.
I see in forums and reviews people venting their frustrations by complaining that their products leave streaks on their floors.
Truth be told, no best cleaner is designed to leave streaks.
In most cases when a cleaner leaves streaks, it is normally due to the fact that the floor head cloths/microfibre pads are not quite clean. So always remember to toss the microfibre pads in the washing machine or give them a hand wash with ordinary washing powder.
What Exactly to Look for in Buying Top Quality Steam Mop?
When shopping for the best steam cleaner, check out for those that guarantee you fast drying time. Efficient cleaners should leave your surfaces dry in at least five minutes after cleaning.
When using high hot vapour pressure especially if using high pressure bar cleaners like the 4.5 pressure bar Polti Vaporetto eco pro, you need to dry your floor with a dry cloth after cleaning with hot vapour.
For best results clean in small sections preferably 2 metre square then dry it with a soft dry cloth before you progress. If you work through your floors like this, the floors will be left gleaming.
You will find that a number of multi-purpose best cleaners have this capability of leaving your floors really dry after cleaning. This is because they are fitted with the best microfiber cloths that sap up the condensation as they trap all the dirt in the cloth.
Of course you don’t want your floors wet after cleaning especially with children and even dogs walking up and down the house. This could be hazardous. Go for cleaners that come with a wiping cloth accessory.
Best Decent Cord Length
Check out how long the electric cord is. As always you want a long electric cord to save you the task of unplugging from one socket to the other as you work through the surfaces of your house.
You don’t want to be burdened with the inconvenience of buying a number of electric socket extension cords once you have already purchased your cleaning equipment just because the cord attached to your cleaner is short. It is therefore crucial that you consider this factor (length of cord) when shopping.
Replacement Jugs and Micro-Fibre Pads
In identifying a quality gadget, you should look out for models that come with a top up jug in their accessory kit. This will spare you the task of having to remove the water tank once the water runs out of the reservoir for refilling. A replacement jug also reduces the chance of water spilling in the process of refilling the tank.
Best Quality Microfiber Pads
Hot vapour mops are normally fitted with a cloth or microfibre pads beneath them. These clothes/microfiber are quite important in cleaning your surfaces because through them dirt from your surface is trapped on the floor head leaving your surfaces clean and fresh.
If you are likely to be using your cleaner on floors, it will be advisable to buy those fitted with microfiber pads as opposed to cloths. A microfiber pad fitting helps your floor to dry up quicker. They are also washable and reusable. They last longer than clothes and are easy to clean when compared to clothes.
How to Maintain Microfibre Pads
When shopping, check for pads that are easier to maintain. Though the cleaner comes with a supply of replacement pads, these pads eventually run out and you have to buy replacement. However, if you take good care of the pads by regularly cleaning them after use, the pads will last long and spare you the cost of replacing them regularly.
The microfiber fitting is easier to maintain. Here is why: Microfibre pads are made of synthetic material which is easier to wash than clothes. It is advisable to let your gadget cool down before storing it. This will protect the surface floor of your storage room.
Of cause depending on how much storage space you have, you should choose a cleaner that will not be awkward and bulky to store.
Best Storage and Safety Aspects of Your Cleaner
Consider the storage and safety aspects of your gadget. Depending on your budget, it is advisable to buy a cleaner that has its own safety mat to hold the gadget after cleaning.
This saves you time you could have spent waiting for the cleaner to cool down before you store it. Alternatively shop for those that have continuous cleaning setting embedded in them.
Read reviews to find out which cleaner enables you to clean both hard and soft areas. This is convenient and efficient since you end up with a “one stop machine” to cater for all your surfaces.
However do not use it as a vacuum
This will wear your gadget down. Always vacuum before cleaning to enable the cleaner do the heavy lifting job of deep cleaning your floors. Hot vapour mops kill 99% germs on your surfaces and can sift even the tiniest of dust particles.
Though most cleaners reviewed here will not only clean in a super fast fashion and leave your surfaces spotless, some of us actually prefer fresh scented smell to crown everything up.
If adding a freshener to your gadget appeals to you, then you need to shop for the one that has a component that allows you to add a freshener in your water tank.
Most Vax cleaning products for example come with a specially designed scented detergent. However, adding chemicals and fresheners without due regard to manufacturer’s specification might damage your gadget.
That is why you should think about whether you really want to use a mop that allows you to add a freshener and buy one that has this capability.
Continuous Floor Setting
Most ordinary cleaners normally need some cooling off period/time before you can refill the water tank. However most quality cleaners use cutting edge technology that enables them to be refilled on demand without the need for the gadget to cool down. This of course has an overall effect of not only saving you time (no waiting for the gadget to cool down while cleaning) but could extend the life of your cleaner (the risk of overheating is reduced).
Most cleaning products come with an assortment of attachment such as : an adjustable nozzle, hard and soft brushes, squeegee, carpet glider, and Velcro microfibre pads that could be customized to clean different parts of the house. Most 2 in 1 mops normally give you value for money.
They can be detached to clean hard to reach places. With the right accessories, you can customise the handheld cleaner that are embedded in most highly top rated steam mops UK to spruce up most of your surfaces.
You will find that most of the multi-purpose best cleaners give you more capability and flexibility. You can use them to clean Grout, Cookers, Upholstery, Windows, Carpets Hard floors and Tiles. These are the products that fit the bill of a quality hot vapour gadget in the UK.
With such multiple accessories to use on your hand held cleaner device you get flexibility of use that turns your gadget into a complete cleaning system.
Powerful Motor Engine
Another important factor to consider when choosing the best is the size of the motor engine. The motor is the one that powers your cleaner.
Of course you want a powerful machine that will make your cleaning task quick, fun and easy. To achieve this, you need a motor with considerably high wattage because the more the wattage the more powerful and effective the cleaning will be.
The water will be heated up in record time and you get longer time to use the cleaner. The wattage can go as high as 1800 watts. However with 1200 Watts and above, you should be treading on quality grounds.
The search for more power however comes at a price. The more the wattage the device has the heavier it will be, so you need to factor that into your plan. There are cleaners that have wheels on the base though, in which case weight of the cleaner is no issue because you won’t have to push it around.
The cleaner you end up buying depends really on your individual needs. Before you set out in search of the cleaner you desire, you should first decide what you would really want to use it for. Consider the size of your house and the kind of surfaces that you are going to it on.
- Do you have different surfaces across the house?
- Do you have pets?
- Do you have children who crawl about your floors?
- Are your surfaces tiled, laminate, hardwood, vinyl ,all carpeted, a mix of carpet and hard surfaces?
- Are the surfaces sealed? Are there insurance clauses regarding cleaners?
These factors will enable you to choose the steam mop that is tailored to your needs.
What are the Best Functionalities to Look For?
Once you figure out what you plan to use your cleaner for, you need to decide the size and weight of the gadget that will closely fit your preferred way of working. Most floor mops come in different shapes, weights and capabilities.
Here are the basics. You want to go for a gadget that is easy and convenient to use on all your floor surfaces. Ideally it should have a carpet glider that can be locked into place when in use.
The best product should heat up really quick to avoid any waiting moments but still give you extended cleaning time. It should be easy to handle and store, it should ideally have an extension cord that is suited to the size of your house, one that could enable you to be creative and add a freshener to it.
The list is longer than this but I hope you see that choosing a best quality cleaner UK takes some meticulous considerations. Now let’s break these points down:
Considering Your Floor Type
What is the best gadget for your floor type is a crucial consideration. Like we all know, most modern houses have different floor types in different parts of the house with a fair mix of carpeted floors and hard floors. You therefore need a cleaner that will glide through all your the different surfaces without any trouble.
The key tip here is to look for cleaners that work well in most hard floors and also have a carpet glider functionality.
Different floor texture have different temperature threshold. For instance porcelain tiles that are unglazed and porous are not suitable for high temperature vapour pressure because glazed material is water resistant and leaves a wet finish. With such floors you need a cleaner that dries floors superfast like the Vax S86-SF-C that dries floors in only 3 minutes after cleaning.
You also need a product that has variable settings. This functionality employs smart settings to regulate the hot water vapour pressure and temperature suitable for your floors.
What Tank Size
One thing you should definitely watch out for when choosing the best product is the tank size. The bigger the water tank, the more cleaning time you get from the cleaner. This is especially important if you have large areas of surface to cover. The best tank size should give you at least 20 minutes of uninterrupted output . If you have a big house and many rooms, you should look out for a good cleaner that can cope with active use for considerable lengths of time like the Polti Eco Pro Vaporetto. The Polti Vaporetto cleaner has a 2 litre tank that can give you 40 -45 minutes continuous cleaning time.
Are Lightweight Mops Really the Best?
While shopping, keep in mind that very light models are normally designed for lightweight duty or for one particular use, for example, floor cleaning only as opposed to being used for a variety of cleaning tasks.
If for example you need your newly acquired cleaning gadget to clean your upholstery and other parts in your house then probably the lightweight models are not exactly for you. However you can get a fully functioning best multi-purpose mop that weighs only 2.5 Kgs like theHoover Twin Tank.
Whichever way you look at it getting the best product will give you peace of mind and of course spectacularly clean surfaces that increase the quality of life you live. Our best steam cleaner reviews 2016 UK offer you the best prices in the market today. Most of our recommendations are for online retail stores because they tend to have very competitive prices.
The 4 Best Cheapest Steam Mops UK Reviews
We have also sampled and reviewed top quality best steam cleaners under 100 that you can buy on a tight budget but still provide value for money. 90% of the mops reviewed in this site are under 100 pounds. The cheapest best floor mops UK include:
You are on the go. You like spectacularly clean surfaces but the traditional cleaning just doesn’t cut it with your busy schedule. Definitely, steam cleaning is the way to go.
In this site; you will also find steam window cleaners, top carpet steam cleaner, and carpet shampooer.
Although the word steam mop or floor steamer is often swapped with the word steam cleaner or sometimes floor steam cleaner, there is a slight difference.
The mop simply uses hot vapour to clean sealed surfaces while floor cleaners can mop and also clean both floors and other places like kitchen top, taps, windows, sinks, grout and many other places in the house.They do this by using a detachable steamer and a host of accessories.
That is all about best steam cleaners; we hope you get time to move around our site, read reviews and expert opinions to find out which is the product that fits your needs. Let us know your thoughts and experiences regarding our Best Steam Mop UK.