Choosing the best steam mop that meets your needs is all you need to consider today.
Steam mops comes with a wide range of features that differentiate one steamer from the other. These features include:
- Variable steam control settings for controlling amount of steam released on the surface
- Electric cord length- You want a long electric cord to save you the task of unplugging from one socket to the other as you work through the surfaces of your house
- Cylinder or upright – Most Upright cleaner heat-up faster than cylinder steam cleaners. However cylinder’s clean for a long time than upright mops.
- Use detergent or not,
- Includes a handheld cleaner or not – You will find that most of the multi-purpose best steam cleaners give you more capability and flexibility. You can use them to clean Grout, Cookers, Upholstery, Windows, Carpets Hard floors and Tiles.
- And more.
Read our steam mop reviews buying guide below to help you choose your best steam mop today.
Top 10 Best Steam Mops UK 2017
|No.||Detailed Steam Mop Reviews||Water Capacity (litre)||Product Weight (kg)||Cord Length (m)||Ratings||Price|
|No.||Detailed Steam Mop Reviews||Water Capacity (litre)||Product Weight (kg)||Cord Length (m)||Ratings||Price|
|1||Vax S86-SF-CC Steam Fresh Combi Classic Multifunction Steam Mop||2.6||3.7||7||4.2|
|2||Morphy Richards 720520 Supersteam Pro Steam Cleaner||0.4||3.6||5||4.3|
|3||Vax S86-SF-C Steam Fresh Combi Multifunction Steam Mop||0.5||3.7||8||4.2|
|4||Vax S7 Total Home Master Multifunction Steam Mop||0.4||2.7||7||4.1|
|5||Vileda 146575 Steam Mop (UK Version)||0.4||2.5||6||4.4|
|6||Karcher SC3 All-in-One Steam Cleaner, 1900 W, 3.5 Bar||1.0||3.1||5||4.2|
|7||Shark Lift Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop (S3901)||0.3||2.7||7||4.1|
|8||Karcher SC2 Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner, 1500 W, 3 Bar [Energy Class A]||1.0||2.9||5||4.2|
|9||Shark S2901UKCO Multifunction Lite Steam Pocket Mop (with Extra Microfibre Pockets)||3.4||2.5||6||4.5|
Best Steam Mop Reviews
#1: Vax Steam Fresh Combi S86-SF-C, 15 in 1 Steam CleanerCheck the current price here
The Vax steam fresh combi s86-sf-c, 15 in 1 steam cleaner is both a floor and a handheld steamer hence the name ‘combi’ meaning combination.
Basically, the Vax S86 SF C Steam Fresh Combi is an improved version of the former best selling Vax 10 in 1 steam cleaner.
The fresh combi was crowned as the best steam mop UK in 2014 by the leading consumer research giant “Which” after extensive research and analysis. Since then it has always topped the best sellers ranks among the best steam floor cleaners in the UK Market.
Cons of the Vax 15 in 1
The few negative things about this Vax steam mop 15 in 1 steam cleaner are:
- Its handheld steamer is claimed to be relatively heavy than other lightweight cleaners.
- Its hand-held cleaner does not use Vax detergent. The Vax detergent is only used on the floor mop. However, the idea behind steamers is to use only steam to kill 99% of all germs and bacteria on your floors without the use of detergents. So even without the Vax detergent you can still kill all germs and bacteria on your surfaces using vapour only to make your surfaces germ free and gleaming.
The Vax s86 sf c is packed with exciting features that will make your cleaning tasks effortless and fun. Itis a 2 in 1 multifunctional steam cleaner that comes with a 15 piece accessory tool kit. The kit gives the S86-SF-C added functionality. It has two tanks, one for detergent and the other for water.
- It uses specially designed patented Vax detergent that is blended with different welcoming scents (citrus burst, Lime zest and spring fresh).
- It is fitted with a nifty variable floor setting. This setting enables you to choose the amount of steam to release on your floors. This makes it suitable for most floor types including sensitive flooring like laminate floors. It also has an in-built floor scrubber for you to spot clean any ingrained stains and caked in dirt.
- It can complete 15 different cleaning tasks in your house which means you can accomplish all your cleaning tasks with just one gadget. You can clean your windows; your upholstery, mattress, kitchen worktops, tile grouting, shower cubicle, refresh carpets and spruce up your car alloy wheels.
- It kills 99% of all germs on your surfaces and comes with a Vax detergent that cleans far much better and kills 37% more bacteria on your floors than most floor cleaning mops in the market. This alone will provide healthy spaces for your family and pets. It also battles dirt and grime on your surfaces and not only leaves them stunningly clean but also gives them a welcoming fresh citrus scent. The scent can last up to seven days.
- The Vax s86 sf c has 8m long cord. With such a long cable you can cover wide areas in your domestic spaces without the need to plug and unplug when changing sockets. The long cord makes the s86-sf easy to manoeuvre and a joy to use. It also has swivel head steering for easy navigation around tight spaces like table legs and under sofa seats.
- It is durable and effective. It comes with an iron-clad two year manufacturer guarantee. All you have to do is to register your electric mop at the manufacturer’s website to activate the guarantee. This gives you peace of mind with the knowledge that you can use your s86 for at least 2 years and in case it breaks down you are covered by the manufacturer’s guarantee. Most customer feedbacks indicate that the customer service desk at Vax is quite helpful.
#2:Karcher SC3 Steam Cleaner Reviews
Here are some of the key features of the Karcher sc3 steam cleaner.
- Fast heat up time (30 seconds)
- One litre refillable water tank .
- You can refill on the fly as you clean without stopping or re-starting.
- The large tank gives you long continuous steam cleaning time to tackle most of your spaces without stopping to refill.
Click to read a detailed review of the Karcher steam cleaner
#3: Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaner
The Thane h20 x5 steam cleaner has written itself in history books of world best household steam cleaners. It is both a steam cleaner and mop in one.
It has sold over 10 million pieces worldwide. It has won several awards: best buy winner 2012; Good Housekeeping award, 2013 and 2014 & Product of the year prize 2014 (http://www.retailtimes.co.uk/thane-scoops-2014-product-year-award-steam-mop-wins-tesco-argos-listings/).
The most popular best floor steam cleaner in its range is the H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner. This was firstly produced in Lime green. It was quite lightweight 2.5 kgs and versatile.
- It cleans all types of floors with steam (it has variable heat control function)
- Spruces up garments
- Cleans windows with steam
- Detail cleans grouting, crevices, taps and most croons and crannies in domestic spaces.
- Cleans kitchen worktops, ovens, shower screen and toilet.
Although heavily promoted by TV infomercials, this steam cleaner initially received mixed reviews. The manufacturers were forced to rethink the engineering of the steamer and came up with improved versions of the x5 mop that incorporated feedback from customers.
Some key concerns by customers were that: the mop was flimsy, it could stop working after a while due to lime scale clogging, the lime green colour wasn’t everyone’s favourite colour, some even complained of it leaving the floor wet and having streaks.
Revamped X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Cleaner
Following up on feedback and complaints from customers , the X5 mop manufacturers came up with a sturdier 5 in 1 steam cleaner accompanied with super absorbent cloths to soak up all water residues and leave floors dry.
Thane H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Cleaner Colours Range:
The redesigned X5 MOP also came in different colours:
- Lime green, and
The H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner emerged as the favourite and has received numerous positive customer feedback. Customers say it is
#4: Shark Steam Mop S3901
The Shark steam mop s3901 lift away is a top quality steam cleaner that has received a number of awards for its overall versatility, effectiveness and reliability.
The lift away runs on a three step variable setting (mop, scrub and dust). This enables you to set the right steam setting for your floor. It is suitable for all floor types.
- The few concerns about this Shark steam mop is that it is relatively expensive . However the Shark professional is a quality and prestigious cleaner. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.
- Though the detail brush is excellent in cleaning caked in dirt, you are only supplied with one brush. You may have to buy an extra one in case the one supplied wears out.
- You get two years manufacturer guarantee when you buy. This is an indication that the manufacturer trusts the durability of their product. The two year guarantee gives you peace of mind; you can return it in case anything happens to it and get back your money or get a suitable replacement.
- It has a wide floorhead that can clean on both sides. This helps you clean wide spaces with just one microfibre pad (cleaning cloth). As a result, you will spend less on buying microfibre pads for your steam mop.
- The s3901 Shark steam mop has 180 degrees swivel steer head for easy maneuver of the steam mop. Clean around table legs and difficult to clean spaces with ease.
#5: H2O HD Steam Mop
The H20 HD steam mop is a new version of the former best selling X5 Steam Mop (red).
The H20 HD has just hit the market in April 2015 and has since generated a lot of excitement. It looks sleek and has cool features that will enhance your cleaning chores. It runs on a 1500 watt which is adequate for quick heat up.
Cons of the H20 HD
The only snag about this Thane h20 x5 steam cleaner is that it is relatively costly than most steam cleaners in the market but it produces excellent results on both floors and even glass surfaces like windows and bathroom cubicles.
H20 HD Reviews: Pros
The h20hd so far received glowing reviews. It has 4.4 star rating out of the maximum 5 stars.
The HD has a wide floor head sufficient enough for you to cover large spaces with just a few strokes (that means less work for you).
- It is fitted with an inbuilt filter this helps your steamer last long. You can use ordinary tap water even if you live in a hard water area when using the h20x5 HD without clogging up your steam cleaner with built-up limescale.
- It has an adjustable handle and a 360 degrees swivel steer floor head to help you effortlessly access hard to reach areas.
- The Thane H2O HD has a removable water tank that is 50 ml bigger than the average floor steamers. This gives you more cleaning time, enough to cover a standard room without need to refill the tank.
#6: Morphy Richards 720507 Luna Plus , 15 in 1 Steam Cleaner
The Morphy Richards 720507 Luna Plus , 15 in 1 steam cleaner is one of the very few floor mops that has illuminated lighting on the floor head. It is an improved version of the previous Morphy Richards 12 in 1 Steam Cleaner with Vibrated Floorhead.
The vibrated floorhead provides a ray of beamed light on your cleaning path to give you an indication of how well you are cleaning.
This Morphy Richards steam mop (15 in 1) floor head also has pulsating vibrations that agitate caked in dirt. This will help you effortlessly clean up smudges and stains by letting the floor head to vibrate on the stain/smudge to dismantle the dirt. It is quite convenient for spot cleaning too.
- The Morphy Richards 15 in 1 has variable floor setting which allows you to select the appropriate steam to release on your floors. It is quite suitable for all floor types.
- It has a detachable handheld cleaner that comes with a sling that you can hang on your shoulders for maximum flexibility when cleaning. With the help of the sling, you free your two hands for quick dusting and wiping of your surfaces.
- It is multifunctional and can clean up to 12 different parts in your house; from windows to kitchen worktops.
- It has swivel steer floor head for convenient manoeuvring around your furniture.
- The Morphy Richards 720507 Luna Plus is suitable for most tiled floors (stone tile, saltillo, shiny, unglazed, ceramic, textured, vinyl, slate, porcelain, gloss, and bathroom and quarry tile floors).
#7: Karcher SC2 Steam Cleaner
The Karcher SC2 steam cleaner weighs 3.2 kgs and is powered by a 1500 watt motor that heats up the one litre tank in 6.5 minutes.
- A full tank can give you between 25-30 minutes continuous working time.
- It is portable and has onboard tools storage.
- The SC2 Karcher steam cleaner is an improved version of the Karcher SC 1020 steam cleaner that has an integrated handle control.
- Check the sc2 current price here
#8:The Best Value Steam Mop : Vax S7
The Vax steam mop s7 is currently topping the best value steam cleaner list because it is cheap and reliable.You also get two years manufacturers guarantee when you register your Vax S7 2-in-1 in the Vax website.
- It has been a bestselling steam cleaner in Amazon for the last two years.
- The S7 is a 2-in-1 steam cleaner performs as well as most pricey steam floor steam cleaners. The key difference is that it does not have variable floor control setting.
- It features ‘angular floor head ’ that makes it easy to clean hard to reach areas
- It is powered by 1600watts motor with 7 metre power cord
- It quite lightweight, weighing 2.7kg only
- It is of 29 x 122 x 23 cm size
- It features 400ml water tank that heat up in 20 minutes to give you 12 minutes cleaning time.
- It comes with 16 piece accessory kit plus a shoulder strap that helps to keep one hand free while using handheld cleaner
- The Vax s7 steam mop comes with 2 years warranty for peace of mind.
#9: Vileda Steam Mop
The Vileda Steam Mop is one of the top rated floor steam mops UK.This steam mob works only as a ‘floor steamer’ with no handheld attachment.
- The Vileda is quite lightweight, weighing 2.5kg only.
- it comes with a carpet glider for refreshing carpets.
- Has 6m cable length long enough for cleaning a standard room and a 400ml water tank.
- It also comes with 2 years guarantee for peace of mind.
- Click to view the Vileda current price here
#10: Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro
Here is what you get when you buy the Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro 3.0 Steam Cleaner:
- A truly multifunctional steam cleaner that can clean windows, carpets, upholstery, worktops floors and almost any place in the house.
- It has accessories like window cleaner and the steam lance that enables you to clean the back of radiators which many steam cleaners in the market do not have.
- It is quite durable. Many customers report having owned the Polti for 16 years. On average most people had the Polti for between 3-16 years depending on care and use. (Hint: if you do not use the Polti steam iron attachment, your cleaner will last for long.)
- It has a high steam pressure bar of 4.5 powered by a 2000 watt motor. This is very hot steam that will easily dislodge any stubborn dirt especially on greasy surfaces. It has a steam pressure indicator for you to monitor the amount of hot steam you are releasing to your surfaces. It is the perfect steam cleaner for deep cleaning grubby and oily surfaces like barbecues, car wheel rims, car seats and engines.
- It has a concentrator tool with nylon brush that can be used for cleaning grout and for spot cleaning smudges.
- It is lightweight to operate because it rolls on wheels in spite of its 4.9 kgs weight.
- It is fitted with two anti-calc Kalstop phials- these ensure that your steam cleaner will not clog up with lime scale which can damage your cleaner. With these in place your steamer will last for long even if you live in a hard water region.
- It has an adjustable steam hose. This will easily enable you to reach tight spaces and hard to reach areas. You can also adjust it to the height you feel comfortable with.
- It has a British Allergy Foundation rubberstamp of approval. They say, not even the tiniest dust escapes the steam from the Polti Vaporetto Classic Eco Pro 3.0 steam cleaner
- It has a big tank of 2 litres that will give you between 40-45 minutes of continuous steam cleaning. This is enough to cover your domestic spaces without the need to refill the water tank.
- It is fitted with variable control setting to enable you choose the appropriate steam pressure for your surfaces.
- It has been scientifically tested by scholars at Cambridge University and found to clean exceptionally.
Cons of Vaporetto Eco Pro
- It has a short power cord (4m).
- It is relatively expensive than most steam cleaners in the market. However, the saying “you get what you pay for holds very true with this floor steam cleaner”. On the outset it might seem that the Eco-pro Polti is expensive but in over 200 customer feedback and reviews we researched, a number of people report having owned the cleaner for 15-16 years. If this is the case then the steam cleaner will only cost you 15 pounds a year.
The Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro is a quality steam cleaner that will provide you good value for money. We recommend it .
#11: Shark Multifunction Lite Steam Pocket Mop S2901
The Shark Multifunction Lite Steam Pocket Mop S2901UK that employs a lot of cutting edge technology to make you clean your laminate and wooden flooring with ease. This product is rated as one of the top cleaning machine to buy by most happy customers.
- It dries floors super quick.
- It has a swivel head steering, and a variable floor setting.
- It has one of the best quality floor head in the cleaning industry and a long cord.
- The Shark Multifunction Lite comes with a carpet glider for refreshing carpets and many more tools for cleaning windows, curtains and kids toys.
In Buying the Best Steam Cleaner : Consider These
Steam Mop Vs. Steam Cleaner
Steam Mop or Steam Cleaner? There is a slight difference among them; and you need to know this difference to help you make the right buying decision. Here is the difference:
- Steam mops release steam for a more hassle-free and effective floor cleaning. They are usually upright units with a water tank secured to its handle. When compared to a traditional bucket and mop, it was discovered that both achieved to do the job well; however, the one that has an excellent result with little effort was the steam mop.
- A steam cleaner is both a steam mop with a multipurpose handheld device that can be detached to clean almost every surface in your domestic space, from kitchen worktops, ovens, windows, tiles to shower cubicle. It comes in two forms, as either a standing sick or a cylinder that rolls on wheels.
- Handheld Steam Cleaner: Handheld steam cleaners are steamers that you hold on your hands while cleaning. They are easy and compact to store and may be an excellent choice if you are only seeking to just clean on a small area like curtains, bathroom and corners of carpets then go for handhelds. It is not recommended to clean huge areas like floors. They usually give a burst of steam on a concentrated area with the help of a nozzle and it comes with a various range of attachments to aid you in cleaning various surfaces like upholstery, tiles and windows.
If you are looking to buy the handheld steam cleaner; the UPGRADED Handheld Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner and Sanitizer with Safety Lock for Stain Removals is the best for cleaning any sealed surface. You can use it for steam cleaning refrigerators, sinks, shower doors, wrinkled clothes and taps among others. It is powered by 1050 watts motor with 9.5 m power cord that is long enough to reach all areas in your house.
Best Steam Mop and Cleaner vs Cylinder
Most Upright best steam mop and cleaner heat-up faster than cylinder steam cleaners. And if you are likely to be using your steam cleaner on floors, it will be advisable to buy those fitted with microfiber pads as opposed to cloths. A microfiber pad fitting helps your floor to dry up quicker. They are also washable and reusable. They last longer than clothes and are easy to clean when compared to clothes.
When you use clean microfibre pads, your floors will never leave streaks that steal the gloss a good run of cleaning is supposed to give you.In most cases when a steam cleaner leaves streaks, it is normally due to the fact that the floor head cloths/microfibre pads are not quite clean. So always remember to toss the microfibre pads in the washing machine or give them a hand wash with ordinary washing powder.
Check out how long the electric cord is. As always you want a long electric cord to save you the task of unplugging from one socket to the other as you work through the surfaces of your house.
If adding a freshener to your gadget appeals to you, then you need to shop for the one that has a component that allows you to add a freshener in your water tank. Most Vax cleaning products for example come with a specially designed scented detergent. However, adding chemicals and fresheners without due regard to manufacturer’s specification might damage your gadget.
You will find that most of the multi-purpose best steam cleaners give you more capability and flexibility. You can use them to clean Grout, Cookers, Upholstery, Windows, Carpets Hard floors and Tiles. These are the products that fit the bill of a quality steam cleaner in the UK.
When using high steam pressure especially if using high pressure bar cleaners like the 4.5 pressure bar Polti Vaporetto eco pro, you need to dry your floor with a dry cloth after cleaning with steamer.For best results clean in small sections preferably 2 metre square then dry it with a soft dry cloth before you progress. If you work through your floors like this, the floors will be left gleaming.
Always vacuum before cleaning to enable the cleaner do the heavy lifting job of deep cleaning your floors. Steam cleaners kill 99% germs on your surfaces and can sift even the tiniest of dust particles.
Steam Mop with Carpet Attachment or Carpet Cleaner
Steam mops with carpet glider/carpet attachment functionality can be used to refresh carpets.
By refresh here we mean that they can actually bring up the pile and rejuvenate it by loosening surface dirt and killing germs on your carpets. This is good enough to get rid of smudges and stains on your carpets.
The carpets actually look newer after refreshing them with hot vapour. Many people are turning to floor cleaning mops that clean with hot vapour as a quick fix to cleaning carpets.
The good thing with steam mops with a carpet glider is that you can clean on the go. All of the steam mops covered in this article have a carpet glider for refreshing carpet. You can either choose the best multi-purpose steam fresh combi, Morphy Richards 15 in 1, X5 Mop, Shark or even the Vileda mop.
However for deep carpet cleaning you still need a dedicated best carpet cleaner.
Whichever way you look at it getting the best product will give you peace of mind and of course spectacularly clean surfaces that increase the quality of life you live. Our best steam mop reviews UK 2017 offer you the best prices in the market today. Most of our recommended steam mops are for online retail stores because they tend to have very competitive prices.
- Top 10 Best Steam Mops UK 2017
- Best Steam Mop Reviews
- #1: Vax Steam Fresh Combi S86-SF-C, 15 in 1 Steam Cleaner
- #2:Karcher SC3 Steam Cleaner Reviews
- #3: Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaner
- #4: Shark Steam Mop S3901
- #5: H2O HD Steam Mop
- #6: Morphy Richards 720507 Luna Plus , 15 in 1 Steam Cleaner
- #7: Karcher SC2 Steam Cleaner
- #8:The Best Value Steam Mop : Vax S7
- #9: Vileda Steam Mop
- #10: Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro
- #11: Shark Multifunction Lite Steam Pocket Mop S2901
- In Buying the Best Steam Cleaner : Consider These
- Steam Mop with Carpet Attachment or Carpet Cleaner