Best Steam Mop Reviews UK 2017
The Best steam mop also sometimes searched as the best steam cleaner is one of the best investment you need in attempt to make your house clean and free of bacteria..
With the steam cleaner; you can clean not only your floors but also your worktops, oven, windows, kids toys, tiles and many more in addition to refreshing your carpets too.
To help you choose which is the best steam mop or cleaner to go for we have reviewed over 44 best steam mops and best steam cleaners from top brands such as:
- Vax steam mop reviews,
- Morphy Richards steam mop reviews,
- Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaner reviews;
- Bissell steam mop reviews ;
- Shark steam mop reviews and Karcher steam cleaner reviews to mention but a few. (Each link will take you to a more detailed reviews of each brand and its best selling steamers.)
Below is a detailed reviews of the top ten steam mops UK 2017.
Top 10 Best Steam Mop Reviews UK 2017
|Detailed Steam Mop Reviews||Water Capacity (litre)||Product Weight (kg)||Cord Length (m)||Ratings||Price|
|Detailed Steam Mop Reviews||Water Capacity (litre)||Product Weight (kg)||Cord Length (m)||Ratings||Price|
|Vax S86-SF-C Steam Fresh Combi Multifunction Steam Mop||0.5||3.7||8||4.2|
|Vax S86-SF-CC Steam Fresh Combi Classic Multifunction Steam Mop||2.6||3.7||7||4.2|
|Vax S7 Total Home Master Multifunction Steam Mop||0.4||2.7||7||4.1|
|Vileda 146575 Steam Mop (UK Version)||0.4||2.5||6||4.4|
|Karcher SC3 All-in-One Steam Cleaner, 1900 W, 3.5 Bar||1.0||3.1||5||4.2|
|Shark Lift Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop (S3901)||0.3||2.7||7||4.1|
|Karcher SC2 Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner, 1500 W, 3 Bar [Energy Class A]||1.0||2.9||5||4.2|
|Morphy Richards 720520 Supersteam Pro Steam Cleaner||0.4||3.6||5||4.5|
|Shark S2901UKCO Multifunction Lite Steam Pocket Mop (with Extra Microfibre Pockets)||3.4||2.5||6||4.5|
#1: Vax Steam Fresh Combi S86-SF-C – The Best Steam Mop Overall
The Vax steam fresh combi s86-sf-c, 15 in 1 steam cleaner is both a floor and a handheld steamer hence the name ‘combi’ meaning combination.
Basically, the Vax S86 SF C Steam Fresh Combi Steam Mop is an improved version of the former best selling Vax 10 in 1 steam cleaner.
The fresh combi was crowned as the best steam mop UK in 2014 by the leading consumer research giant “Which” after extensive research and analysis. Since then it has always topped the best sellers ranks among the best rated steam mops and steam cleaners in the UK Market.
Cons of the Vax 15 in 1
The few negative things about the Vax 15 in 1 are:
- Its handheld steamer is claimed to be relatively heavy than other lightweight cleaners.
- Its hand-held cleaner does not use Vax detergent. The Vax detergent is only used on the floor mop. However, the idea behind steam mops is to use only steam to kill 99% of all germs and bacteria on your floors without the use of detergents. So even without the Vax detergent you can still kill all germs and bacteria on your surfaces using vapour only to make your surfaces germ free and gleaming.
Key Benefits of the Vaxs86 sf c steam fresh combi
The Vax s86 sf c is packed with exciting features that will make your cleaning tasks effortless and fun. Itis a 2 in 1 multifunctional steam cleaner that comes with a 15 piece accessory tool kit. The kit gives the S86-SF-C added functionality. It has two tanks, one for detergent and the other for water.
- It uses specially designed patented Vax detergent that is blended with different welcoming scents (citrus burst, Lime zest and spring fresh).
- It is fitted with a nifty variable floor setting. This setting enables you to choose the amount of steam to release on your floors. This makes it suitable for most floor types including sensitive flooring like laminate floors. It also has an in-built floor scrubber for you to spot clean any ingrained stains and caked in dirt.
- It can complete 15 different cleaning tasks in your house which means you can accomplish all your cleaning tasks with just one gadget. You can clean your windows; your upholstery, mattress, kitchen worktops, tile grouting, shower cubicle, refresh carpets and spruce up your car alloy wheels.
- It kills 99% of all germs on your surfaces and comes with a Vax detergent that cleans far much better and kills 37% more bacteria on your floors than most floor cleaning mops in the market. This alone will provide healthy spaces for your family and pets. It also battles dirt and grime on your surfaces and not only leaves them stunningly clean but also gives them a welcoming fresh citrus scent. The scent can last up to seven days.
- The Vax s86 sf c has 8m long cord. With such a long cable you can cover wide areas in your domestic spaces without the need to plug and unplug when changing sockets. The long cord makes the s86-sf easy to manoeuvre and a joy to use. It also has swivel head steering for easy navigation around tight spaces like table legs and under sofa seats.
- It recommended also by the TrustedReviews experts as the best steam cleaner UK 2017.
- It is durable and effective. It comes with an iron-clad two year manufacturer guarantee. All you have to do is to register your electric mop at the manufacturer’s website to activate the guarantee. This gives you peace of mind with the knowledge that you can use your s86 for at least 2 years and in case it breaks down you are covered by the manufacturer’s guarantee. Most customer feedbacks indicate that the customer service desk at Vax is quite helpful.
Click to see how the Vax steam fresh combi compares with other best Vax Steam Mop, a leading brand for best steam cleaners and mops UK 2017.
#2: Vileda Steam Mop – The Top Rated Steam Mop UK 2017
(This steam mop does not have a handheld attachment; incase you need one you have to buy it separately)
Vileda is a trusted brand in the cleaning industry. The Vileda steam mop, our best steam mop UK 2017 has a 1550 watt engine to give you quick heat up time that will provide sufficient jetting vapour to clean your floors. It has a 400 ml tank that can give you between 15-20 minutes cleaning time.
- It has variable floor setting that is suitable for most floor types.
- It is quite lightweight (2.5 kgs) for easy and effortless cleaning. It also has a swivel steer floor head for convenient manoeuvrability.
- It has multiple attachments that can be customised to clean different parts of the house.
- You buy from a trusted brand in the cleaning industry.
- It has angled floorhead that easily reaches hard to access areas like corners.
- It kills 99% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces
- You get 2 years guarantee when you buy Vileda mop. This is a signal that it is durable and that the manufacture has confidence in its product. Spending less than £50 for two years service is good value for money.
It has no see through/illuminated water tank and so it is not easy to know whether the water tank is about to be empty. However when the tank runs out an indicator light comes on.
All in the entire Vileda has received some good reviews at Amazon and could be a good fit for you.
#3:Vax Steam Mop S7 – The Best Value Steam Mop
The Vax steam mop s7 is currently topping the best value steam mop list because it is cheap and reliable.You also get two years manufacturers guarantee when you register your Vax S7 2-in-1 in the Vax website.
- It has been a bestselling steam cleaner and steam mop in Amazon for the last two years.
- The S7 is a 2-in-1 steam cleaner performs as well as most pricey steam floor steam cleaners. The key difference is that it does not have variable floor control setting.
- It features ‘angular floor head ’ that makes it easy to clean hard to reach areas
- It is powered by 1600watts motor with 7 metre power cord
- It quite lightweight, weighing 2.7kg only
- It is of 29 x 122 x 23 cm size
- It features 400ml water tank that heat up in 20 minutes to give you 12 minutes cleaning time.
- It comes with 16 piece accessory kit plus a shoulder strap that helps to keep one hand free while using handheld steamer
- It comes with 2 years warranty for peace of mind.
The Ultimate Steam Cleaners Buying Guide
There is a slight difference among them; and you need to know this difference to help you make the right buying decision. Here is the difference:
A steam mop is basically a stick with a floor head fitted with microfiber pads. It uses hot jetting vapour to clean hard flooring from laminate (if it has variable control setting), tiles to hardwood floors..
The hot jetting vapour has been scientifically been proven to kill 99% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces.
Meanwhile, a steam cleaner is both a steam mop with a multipurpose handheld device that can be detached to clean almost every surface in your domestic space, from kitchen worktops, ovens, windows, tiles to shower cubicle. It comes in two forms, as either a standing sick or a cylinder that rolls on wheels.
Types of Steam Cleaners
#1: Steam Mops
The steam mop operates by swiftly heating water to give out steam, which is then applied to floor surfaces at great pressure. The “dry” steam generated is capable of shifting deep seated grease and dirt. It also eliminates all dust mites and bacteria. Some of them may do more than just one task; doubling up as window cleaner with its featured attachments and in some cases as vacuum cleaners with filters that are water-based.
Steam mops release steam for a more hassle-free and effective floor cleaning. They are usually upright units with a water tank secured to its handle. When compared to a traditional bucket and mop, it was discovered that both achieved to do the job well; however, the one that has an excellent result with little effort was the steam mop.
#2: Handheld Steam Cleaner Reviews
Best Handheld steam cleaners are easy and compact to store and may be an excellent choice if you are only seeking to just clean on a small area like curtains, bathroom and corners of carpets then go for handhelds. It is not recommended to clean huge areas like floors.
It usually gives a burst of steam on a concentrated area with the help of a nozzle and it comes with a various range of attachments to aid you in cleaning various surfaces like upholstery, tiles and windows.
If you are looking to buy the handheld steam cleaner; the UPGRADED Handheld Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner and Sanitizer with Safety Lock for Stain Removals is the best for cleaning any sealed surface. You can use it for steam cleaning refrigerators, sinks, shower doors, wrinkled clothes and taps among others. It is powered by 1050 watts motor with 9.5 m power cord that is long enough to reach all areas in your house.
#3: 2 in 1 Handheld Steam Cleaner and Mop Reviews
This basically looks like more of a mini steam mops. Its handheld device is assembled in the handle of the mop and may be used and removed separately. With combined functionalities that means 2 in 1 handheld steam cleaner and mop can deal with any kind of steam cleaning jobs; however, it is more often bulky and heavier to utilize compared to mops. It usually uses a specific handheld device attachment for different surfaces.
#4: Cylinder Steam Cleaners Reviews
The barrel or as they are famously known, cylinder steam cleaners like Karcher Steam Cleaner and looks like a cylinder vacuums and are made up of its main body, plastic tube, nozzle and bendy hose. It is likely to be much heavier compared to steam mops; however, it basically gives a longer period of cleaning times. It may also take about 12 minutes for it to heat up the water inside its tanks. With this fact, it is not easily available as mops or handhelds.
The cylinder cleaner includes attachments that are used for steam cleaning the floors and for other various surface cleaning jobs. A luxurious cylinder cleaner must be capable of doing all the cleaning tasks or handheld steam cleaner and mops and combined.
How much Do Steam Mops Cost UK?
You may locate the best steam mop for smaller than £50 and the best deal 2-in-1 steam mops for less than £100. More so, cylinder steam cleaner may cost as high as £260; however, there are some not-so-famous brands that work well for as low as £60. Handheld cleaners may have the lowest price with units available amounting to a less than £20; however, you may also spend a bit higher on a £50 choice. Actually, prices may not guarantee the unit’s quality so you must always research or read on the review before you choose what to purchase.
Factors to consider when buying a steam mop
The heat up period included in the unit’s specification applies to how long it takes to achieve the mode of producing pressure, which may depend on the machine of the unit’s total capacity. Handheld cleaners are easy-to-use and very lightweight but do not produces steam for a long period of time. Mops are quickly to achieve its desired heating level compared to cylinder cleaners; more so, the fastest amongst the steam cleaners have been proved to heat up in just less than 20 seconds.
The cleaning period refers to how much time you may utilize the cleaner with constant steam before you need to refill it with water again. Handheld cleaners usually have small water tanks wherein it can only produce steam for lesser time and requires you to refill it more often.
Higher Steam Input?
The basic steam input is usually measured in grams per minute. This basically means that the higher the number, the more impressive the jetting pressure it can produce. It will be worth thinking that units that may propose a higher pressure outputs may often than not leave your surfaces the wettest in the cleaning process.
When you use clean microfibre pads, your floors will never leave streaks that steal the gloss a good run of cleaning is supposed to give you.
I see in forums and reviews people venting their frustrations by complaining that their products leave streaks on their floors.
Truth be told, no best steam cleaner is designed to leave streaks.
In most cases when a steam cleaner leaves streaks, it is normally due to the fact that the floor head cloths/microfibre pads are not quite clean. So always remember to toss the microfibre pads in the washing machine or give them a hand wash with ordinary washing powder.
Fast Drying Time
When shopping for the best mop, check out for those that guarantee you fast drying time. Efficient cleaners should leave your surfaces dry in at least five minutes after cleaning.
When using high steam pressure especially if using high pressure bar cleaners like the 4.5 pressure bar Polti Vaporetto eco pro, you need to dry your floor with a dry cloth after cleaning with steam mop.
For best results clean in small sections preferably 2 metre square then dry it with a soft dry cloth before you progress. If you work through your floors like this, the floors will be left gleaming.
You will find that a number of multi-purpose steam cleaning machines have this capability of leaving your floors really dry after cleaning. This is because they are fitted with the best microfiber cloths that sap up the condensation as they trap all the dirt in the cloth.
Of course you don’t want your floors wet after cleaning especially with children and even dogs walking up and down the house. This could be hazardous. Go for steam cleaners that come with a wiping cloth accessory.
Decent Cord Length
Check out how long the electric cord is. As always you want a long electric cord to save you the task of unplugging from one socket to the other as you work through the surfaces of your house.
You don’t want to be burdened with the inconvenience of buying a number of electric socket extension cords once you have already purchased your cleaning equipment just because the cord attached to your cleaner is short. It is therefore crucial that you consider this factor (length of cord) when shopping.
Replacement Jugs and Micro-Fibre Pads
In identifying a quality gadget, you should look out for models that come with a top up jug in their accessory kit. This will spare you the task of having to remove the water tank once the water runs out of the reservoir for refilling. A replacement jug also reduces the chance of water spilling in the process of refilling the tank.
High Quality Microfiber Pads
Steam mops are normally fitted with a cloth or microfibre pads beneath them. These clothes/microfiber are quite important in cleaning your surfaces because through them dirt from your surface is trapped on the floor head leaving your surfaces clean and fresh.
If you are likely to be using your steam mop on floors, it will be advisable to buy those fitted with microfiber pads as opposed to cloths. A microfiber pad fitting helps your floor to dry up quicker. They are also washable and reusable. They last longer than clothes and are easy to clean when compared to clothes.
How to Maintain Microfibre Pads
When shopping, check for pads that are easier to maintain. Though the steam mops comes with a supply of replacement pads, these pads eventually run out and you have to buy replacement. However, if you take good care of the pads by regularly cleaning them after use, the pads will last long and spare you the cost of replacing them regularly.
The microfiber fitting is easier to maintain. Here is why: Microfibre pads are made of synthetic material which is easier to wash than clothes. It is advisable to let your gadget cool down before storing it. This will protect the surface floor of your storage room.
Of cause depending on how much storage space you have, you should choose a steam cleaner that will not be awkward and bulky to store.
Best Storage and Safety Aspects of Your Cleaner
Consider the storage and safety aspects of your gadget. Depending on your budget, it is advisable to buy a cleaner that has its own safety mat to hold the gadget after cleaning.
This saves you time you could have spent waiting for the cleaner to cool down before you store it. Alternatively shop for those that have continuous cleaning setting embedded in them.
Read reviews to find out which cleaner enables you to clean both hard and soft areas. This is convenient and efficient since you end up with a “one stop machine” to cater for all your surfaces.
However do not use it as a vacuum
This will wear your gadget down. Always vacuum before cleaning to enable the cleaner do the heavy lifting job of deep cleaning your floors. Steam mops kill 99% germs on your surfaces and can sift even the tiniest of dust particles.
Though most cleaners reviewed here will not only clean in a super fast fashion and leave your surfaces spotless, some of us actually prefer fresh scented smell to crown everything up.
If adding a freshener to your gadget appeals to you, then you need to shop for the one that has a component that allows you to add a freshener in your water tank.
Most Vax cleaning products for example come with a specially designed scented detergent. However, adding chemicals and fresheners without due regard to manufacturer’s specification might damage your gadget.
That is why you should think about whether you really want to use a mop that allows you to add a freshener and buy one that has this capability.
Continuous Floor Setting
Most ordinary cleaners normally need some cooling off period/time before you can refill the water tank. However most quality cleaners use cutting edge technology that enables them to be refilled on demand without the need for the gadget to cool down. This of course has an overall effect of not only saving you time (no waiting for the gadget to cool down while cleaning) but could extend the life of your cleaner (the risk of overheating is reduced).
Most cleaning products come with an assortment of attachment such as : an adjustable nozzle, hard and soft brushes, squeegee, carpet glider, and Velcro microfibre pads that could be customized to clean different parts of the house. Most 2 in 1 mops normally give you value for money.
They can be detached to clean hard to reach places. With the right accessories, you can customise the handheld cleaner that are embedded in most highly top rated steam mops UK to spruce up most of your surfaces.
You will find that most of the multi-purpose best cleaners give you more capability and flexibility. You can use them to clean Grout, Cookers, Upholstery, Windows, Carpets Hard floors and Tiles. These are the products that fit the bill of a quality steam mop in the UK.
With such multiple accessories to use on your hand held cleaner device you get flexibility of use that turns your gadget into a complete cleaning system.
Powerful Motor Engine
Another important factor to consider when choosing the best is the size of the motor engine. The motor is the one that powers your cleaner.
Of course you want a powerful machine that will make your cleaning task quick, fun and easy. To achieve this, you need a motor with considerably high wattage because the more the wattage the more powerful and effective the cleaning will be.
The water will be heated up in record time and you get longer time to use the cleaner. The wattage can go as high as 1800 watts. However with 1200 Watts and above, you should be treading on quality grounds.
The search for more power however comes at a price. The more the wattage the device has the heavier it will be, so you need to factor that into your plan. There are cleaners that have wheels on the base though, in which case weight of the cleaner is no issue because you won’t have to push it around.
The cleaner you end up buying depends really on your individual needs. Before you set out in search of the cleaner you desire, you should first decide what you would really want to use it for. Consider the size of your house and the kind of surfaces that you are going to it on.
- Do you have different surfaces across the house?
- Do you have pets?
- Do you have children who crawl about your floors?
- Are your surfaces tiled, laminate, hardwood, vinyl, all carpeted, a mix of carpet and hard surfaces?
- Are the surfaces sealed? Are there insurance clauses regarding cleaners?
These factors will enable you to choose the cleaning machine that is tailored to your needs.
Once you figure out what you plan to use your steam mop for, you need to decide the size and weight of the gadget that will closely fit your preferred way of working. Most floor mops come in different shapes, weights and capabilities.
Best Steam Mop Brands
Karcher, Shark, Bissell , Vax, and Morphy Richards are amidst the famous brands which makes best multi purpose steam mops, supplying them to stores such as John Lewis, Argos and several supermarkets that sells them in their home improvement department. Most of these cleaners can also be purchased online like the ones reviewed in this site so far.
For more best steam mops and steam cleaner reviews; be pleased to visit our steam mop reviews guide where you will find another comparison tables with reviews from other top brands.
Related: Best Carpet Cleaner Reviews UK 2017 .
- Top 10 Best Steam Mop Reviews UK 2017
- #1: Vax Steam Fresh Combi S86-SF-C – The Best Steam Mop Overall
- #2: Vileda Steam Mop – The Top Rated Steam Mop UK 2017
- #3:Vax Steam Mop S7 – The Best Value Steam Mop
- The Ultimate Steam Cleaners Buying Guide
- Factors to consider when buying a steam mop
- Cleaning Time
- Cleaning Period
- Higher Steam Input?
- Streaks Free
- Fast Drying Time
- Decent Cord Length
- Replacement Jugs and Micro-Fibre Pads
- High Quality Microfiber Pads
- How to Maintain Microfibre Pads
- Best Storage and Safety Aspects of Your Cleaner
- However do not use it as a vacuum
- Fresh Scent
- Continuous Floor Setting
- Powerful Motor Engine
- Best Steam Mop Brands