Best Steam Mop Reviews UK 2017
Note: a ‘steam mop‘ qualifies to be the ‘best steam cleaner‘ if it comes with a handheld steamer.
Top 10 Best Steam Mops Reviews & Comparison 2017 UK
|No.||Product||Product Name & Detailed Reviews||Steam Time (mins)||Heat Up Time(Sec)||Cord Length (m)||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|No.||Product||Product Name & Detailed Reviews||Steam Time (mins)||Heat Up Time(Sec)||Cord Length (m)||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|1||Vax Steam Fresh Combi 15 in 1 S86-SF-C Steam Cleaner||20||30||8||4.3|
|2||Morphy Richards 15 in 1 Steam Cleaner 720507 Luna Plus||17||30||5||4.8|
|3||Vileda Steam Mop||15||6||4.3|
|4||Vax S86-SF-CC Steam Fresh Combi Classic 10-in-1 Handheld and Steam Mop||20||30||7||4.5|
|5||H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner||15||30||6||4.4|
|6||Shark Lift-Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop S3901||15||30||7||4.1|
|7||H2O HD High Definition 5 in 1 Steam Cleaner||15||25||6.0||4.4|
|8||Vax Steam Mop S7 - 2 in 1 Upright and Handheld Steam Cleaner||12||30||8||4.1|
|9||Morphy Richards 720025 Total Clean Pets Steam Cleaner||14||30||5||4.4|
|10||Karcher SC3 All-in-One Steam Cleaner, 1900 W, 3.5 Bar||40||30||5||4.4|
What is the Best Steam Mop 2017?
The Best Steam Mop UK 2017 based on research, ratings and expert opinion is the Vax steam fresh combi s86-sf-c.
The Vax 15 in 1 steam cleaner is both a floor steam cleaner and a handheld steamer hence the name ‘combi’ meaning combination.
Basically, the Vax steam mop 15 in 1 is an improved version of the former best selling Vax S86-SF-CC Steam Fresh Combi Classic 10-in-1 Handheld and Steam Mop. There is a new version; the Vax steam fresh power plus that can clean up to the roof of your house.
The Vax 15 in 1 steam cleaner was crowned as the best home steam mop in 2014 by the leading consumer research giant “Which” after extensive research and analysis. Since then it has always topped the best sellers ranks among the best rated steam mops and steam cleaners in the UK Market.
It is packed with exciting features that will make your cleaning tasks effortless and fun.
- The Vax Steam Fresh Combi 15 in 1 S86-SF-C Steam Cleaner is a 2 in 1 multifunctional cleaner that comes with a 15 piece accessory tool kit. The kit gives the S86-SF-C added functionality. It has two tanks, one for detergent and the other for water.
- It uses specially designed patented Vax detergent that is blended with different welcoming scents (citrus burst, Lime zest and spring fresh).
- It is fitted with a nifty variable floor setting. This setting enables you to choose the amount of hot vapour to release on your floors. This makes it suitable for most floor types including sensitive flooring like laminate floors. It also has an in-built floor scrubber for you to spot clean any ingrained stains and caked in dirt.
- It can complete 15 different cleaning tasks in your house which means you can accomplish all your cleaning tasks with just one gadget. You can clean your windows; steam your upholstery, mattress, kitchen worktops, tile grouting, shower cubicle, refresh carpets and spruce up your car alloy wheels.
- It kills 99% of all germs on your surfaces and comes with a Vax detergent that cleans far much better and kills 37% more bacteria on your floors than most floor cleaning mops in the market. This alone will provide healthy spaces for your family and pets. It also battles dirt and grime on your surfaces and not only leaves them stunningly clean but also gives them a welcoming fresh citrus scent. The scent can last up to seven days.
- The Vax steam fresh combi s86-sf-c has 8m long cord (the longest of all the steam floor cleaners in the UK market). With such a long cable you can cover wide areas in your domestic spaces without the need to plug and unplug when changing sockets. The long cord makes the s86-sf easy to manoeuvre and a joy to use. It also has swivel head steering for easy navigation around tight spaces like table legs and under sofa seats.
- It is durable and effective. It comes with an iron-clad two year manufacturer guarantee. All you have to do is to register your electric mop at the manufacturer’s website to activate the guarantee. This gives you peace of mind with the knowledge that you can use your s86 for at least 2 years and in case it breaks down you are covered by the manufacturer’s guarantee. Most customer feedbacks indicate that the customer service desk at Vax is quite helpful.
The few negative things about the Vax 15 in 1 are:
- It is relatively heavier than other lightweight cleaners. It weighs 3.5 kgs.
- The Vax detergent though cheap can add up in cost overtime and make it expensive. However you can use the Vax S86-SF-C cleaner without detergent and yet achieve spectacular results.
- Its hand-held cleaner does not use Vax detergent. The Vax detergent is only used on the floor mop. However, the idea behind hot vapour mops is to use only hot vapour to kill 99% of all germs and bacteria on your floors without the use of detergents. So even without the Vax detergent you can still kill all germs and bacteria on your surfaces using steam only to make your surfaces germ free and gleaming.
- Click to read what Amazon customers say about the Vax steam fresh combi.
Related:best carpet cleaner reviews UK 2017.
#2: Morphy Richards 15 in 1 Steam Mop
The Morphy Richards 15 in 1 steam cleaner is one of the very few floor mops that has illuminated lighting on the floor head. It is an improved version of the previous Morphy Richards 12 in 1 Steam Cleaner Luna with Vibrated Floorhead.
The vibrated floorhead provides a ray of beamed light on your cleaning path to give you an indication of how well you are cleaning.
The Morphy Richards Steam Mop Luna plus floor head also has pulsating vibrations that agitate caked in dirt. This will help you effortlessly clean up smudges and stains by letting the floor head to vibrate on the stain/smudge to dismantle the dirt. It is quite convenient for spot cleaning too.
- The Morphy Richards 15 in 1 steam cleaner has variable floor setting which allows you to select the appropriate hot vapour to release on your floors. It is quite suitable for all floor types.
- It has a detachable handheld cleaner that comes with a sling that you can hang on your shoulders for maximum flexibility when cleaning. With the help of the sling, you free your two hands for quick dusting and wiping of your surfaces.
- It is multifunctional and can clean up to 12 different parts in your house; from windows to kitchen worktops.
- It has swivel steer floor head for convenient manoeuvring around your furniture.
- It is suitable for most tiled floors (stone tile, saltillo, shiny, unglazed, ceramic, textured, vinyl, slate, porcelain, gloss, and bathroom and quarry tile floors).
- Here is what Amazon Customers say about this Morphy Richards 15 in 1 steam cleaner.
Best Cheap Steam Mop Reviews UK 2017
The Best Cheap Steam Mop UK 2017 is the Vax Steam Mop S7 also called Total Home Master. It is one of the best 2 in 1 steam mops in the market today.
The Vax S7 is the number one Amazon best selling ‘steam mop’ and ‘steam cleaner’ 2017.
What you get from the Vax S7 is the 16 piece tool kit that will help to clean every part of your house be it floors, windows, tiles, taps even kids toys hence the name ‘total home master’
The main selling points of this Vax steamer is that:
- It has a shoulder strap that helps free your one hand while using the handheld steamer.
- It has a very long 7m long power cord to help you clean a big room without the need to keep plugging and unplugging the cable
- It features ‘angular floor head’ that helps cleaning those hard to reach areas.
- It comes with a 400ml water tank that heats up in 30seconds to give you 15 minutes steaming time
- It has a carpet glider for refreshing carpets
- For peace of mind you get 2 years warranty
- Click to read what Amazon Customers say about the Vax S7.
Best Steam Mop Cleaner Reviews UK 2017
The following 2 best steam mop cleaners are quite good in cleaning both floors and others surfaces.
Unlike other best rated multi-purpose steam floor cleaners in the market , like the Vax 15 in 1, which their handheld devices claimed to be too heavy, these two have relatively lightweight and versatile handheld cleaners to make you waltz through all your cleaning tasks with minimal effort.
The Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaner has sold over 10 million units in the last few years. It is quite popular because it is versatile and effective. Here is why the H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Multi Purpose Steam cleaner is selling so well:
H20 X5: Benefits of buying it:
- The H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop can clean windows, upholstery, worktops, curtains and floors.
- It runs on a 1500 watt motor that heats up in 30 seconds to give you between 20-25 minutes cleaning time.
- It can clean an entire standard room without need to refill the tank. This will help you build on the momentum you generate as you clean.
- The thane TV x5 is fitted with 4 levels of variable floor setting (low, medium, high, very high). This is ideal for deep cleaning. It means you can tackle anything with this cleaner.
- For greasy surfaces like oven/grills, just whip the high setting and all the grease gives way to leave your appliances looking like new again.
- It is quite light, it weighs only 2.5 kgs
- It kills 99% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces.
- It currently has high customer star rating (4.3 stars). 88%of the people who have purchased this best floor steamer are very happy with its performance.
What You May Want to Know about the X5 Mop
- Previous makes of the Thane x5 were quite fiddly but the manufacturer has since improved the h20 x5 and now have a robust and sturdy steam cleaner- the red X5 Mop.
- The power cord of the x5 is not as long (5m) as that of Vax fresh combi (8m).
- You will have to occasionally de-scale it to stop limescale from building up.
The Thane H2O HD Steam Mop just hit the market in April 2015 and has since generated a lot of excitement. It looks sleek and has cool features that will enhance your cleaning chores. It runs on a 1500 watt which is adequate for quick heat up :
H20 HD Steam Mop Reviews: Pros
This best floor cleaner so far received glowing reviews. It has 4.4 star rating out of the maximum 5 stars.
- The Thane H2O HD Steam Cleaner has a wide floor head sufficient enough for you to cover large spaces with just a few strokes (that means less work for you).
- It is fitted with an inbuilt filter this helps your cleaner last long. You can use ordinary tap water even if you live in a hard water area when using the h20x5 HD without clogging up your cleaner with built-up limescale.
- It has an adjustable handle and a 360 degrees swivel steer floor head to help you effortlessly access hard to reach areas.
- It has a removable water tank that is 50 ml bigger than the average floor steamers. This gives you more cleaning time, enough to cover a standard room without need to refill the tank.
The only snag about the h20 hd steam mop is that it is relatively costly than most cleaners in the market but it produces excellent results on both floors and even glass surfaces like windows and bathroom cubicles.
Best Steam Mop for Laminate Floors UK Reviews
Laminate floors are delicate and should be cleaned with gentle hot vapour. Ideally the microfibre pad should feel like a damp cloth when cleaning laminate floors.There are quite a good number of best floor steam cleaners that are factory set to work perfectly on laminate flooring. Here are the 2 top rated Best steam mops for laminate floors UK.
The Shark Lift Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop S3901 is a top quality cleaner that has received a number of awards for its overall versatility, effectiveness and reliability.
The lift away runs on a three step variable setting (mop, scrub and dust). This enables you to set the right hot vapour setting for your floor. It is suitable for all floor types.
Shark Lift Away Cons
- The few concerns about this Shark steam mop is that it is relatively expensive . However the Shark Lift Away is a quality and prestigious cleaner. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.
- Though the detail brush is excellent in cleaning caked in dirt, you are only supplied with one brush. You may have to buy an extra one in case the one supplied wears out.
Shark 5 in 1 Key Benefits:
- You get two years manufacturer guarantee when you buy. This is an indication that the manufacturer trusts the durability of their product. The two year guarantee gives you peace of mind; you can return it in case anything happens to it and get back your money or get a suitable replacement.
- It has a wide floorhead that can clean on both sides. This helps you clean wide spaces with just one microfibre pad (cleaning cloth). As a result, you will spend less on buying microfibre pads for your cleaner.
- This Shark lift away has 180 degrees swivel steer head for easy maneuver of the cleaner. Clean around table legs and difficult to clean spaces with ease.
TheBlack and Decker 7 in 1 Steam Mop is a solid multifunctional cleaner. It has intuitive smart control setting that is factory fitted for most delicate flooring like laminate flooring.
- It has a steam burst function for spot cleaning tough stains
- It comes with an easy detachable versatile handheld cleaner for your overall cleaning.
- Variable nozzle that allows you to adjust the amount of steam even on your handheld cleaner. If you are cleaning oily surfaces, blast high hot vapour to break down the greasy dirt.
- It comes with a flexible hose so that you don’t have to bend when mopping.
- An illuminated water tank to allow you to monitor the water level for refilling
- The 7 in 1 Black and Decker steam mop comes with a steam window cleaner
The Black & Decker FSMH1621-GB Auto select Multi-Floor 7-in-1 is a sure good investment. It is reliable and quite effective when used properly. There have been instances of the mop not producing steam. If this happens especially when quite knew. You should conclude straight up that you received a faulty mop. This does happen with many products. If this happens to you be sure to call the manufacturer or even Amazon who will happily give you a replacement.
Basically, with due care, any good electric floor mop with variable setting and hot vapour trigger should be fine for laminate flooring.You may want to stay away from hot vapour mops that have a conituous “on” button because you can easily release too much water vapour that can leave your floors wet.Wet floors are not good for laminate surfaces. Here are a few more quality gadgets you should consider buying for your laminate floors:
- Vax Steam Fresh Combi 15 in 1 S86-SF-C Steam Cleaner
- H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner.
These best floor steam cleaners have consistently received positive feedback by customers who use them day in day out. Click on the links above to find detailed analysis of these gadgets by our reviewers.
The key really to having success when cleaning laminate floors with a floor steamer is to clean on very low pressure.
High pressure means that when the vapour condenses, the floor will be left wet. You don’t want wetness on laminate floor; the water will affect the laminate flooring. The high hot vapour pressure can make the floor to bulk and damage your floors.
Best Steam Mop for Tile
You will find that different floor steamers are better suited to different floor types (vinyl plank floors, slate, wooden, tile, laminate, limestone, porcelain tiles/ quarry tiles, marble floors).They also come in different shapes, size, feel and look. Some of the top end floor mops are factory calibrated to work efficiently with almost all types of floor types. Below are our recommended best steam mop for tiles UK 2017:
Vileda is a trusted brand in the cleaning industry. The Vileda steam mop has a 1550 watt engine to give you quick heat up time that will provide sufficient jetting vapour to clean your floors. It has a 400 ml tank that can give you between 15-20 minutes cleaning time.
- It has variable floor setting that is suitable for most floor types.
- It is quite lightweight (2.5 kgs) for easy and effortless cleaning. It also has a swivel steer floor head for convenient manoeuvrability.
- It has multiple attachments that can be customised to clean different parts of the house.
- You buy from a trusted brand in the cleaning industry.
- It has angled floorhead that easily reaches hard to access areas like corners.
- It kills 99% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces
- You get 2 years guarantee when you buy Vileda mop. This is a signal that it is durable and that the manufacture has confidence in its product. Spending less than £50 for two years service is good value for money.
It has no see through/illuminated water tank and so it is not easy to know whether the water tank is about to be empty. However when the tank runs out an indicator light comes on.
All in the entire Vileda has received some good reviews at Amazon and could be a good fit for you.
The above best steam mop for tiled floors work well on ceramic tiles because of their variable floor setting.
- Typically the variable setting ranges from low mid-range to high. High setting releases high pressure steam which is ideal for deep cleaning while low is good for wiping and mopping.
- For tiles you will need mid-range variable setting for the best results. High setting will leave you tiles wettish and may take slightly longer to dry. Meanwhile for grouting, you need a gadget with hard, compact/metal brush to scrub any built up dirt away from your grout.
Best Value Steam Mop
In case you are looking for the cheap yet best steam mops; then have a look at these top 3 best value steam mops. You can get one of these even if you are on a tight budget.
- Vax Steam Mop S7 – 2 in 1 Upright and Handheld Steam Cleaner: The Vax s7 is currently topping the Amazon bestseller list because it is affordable and reliable.You also get two years manufacturers guarantee when you register your Vax S7 2-in-1 in the Vax website.
- Morphy Richards 9 in 1 Steam Cleaner
- Vax S88W1MB Steam Mop S88-W1M-B White
- Quest 9 in 1 Steam Cleaner
- Beldray 1300w steam mop
Among low and medium priced home steam mops the Vax S7 Steam Mop is the hottest steam mop in the UK market right now. It is the #1 Best Value Steam Mop UK 2017. It is very cheap but effective in cleaning floors and other surfaces.
- It has been a bestselling cleaner in Amazon for the last two years.
- The S7 is a 2-in-1 cleaner performs as well as most pricey steam floor cleaners. The key difference is that it does not have variable floor control setting.
- It features ‘angular floor head ’ that makes it easy to clean hard to reach areas
- It is powered by 1600watts motor with 7 metre power cord
- It quite lightweight, weighing 2.7kg only
- It is of 29 x 122 x 23 cm size
- It features 400ml water tank that heat up in 20 minutes to give you 12 minutes cleaning time.
- It comes with 16 piece accessory kit plus a shoulder strap that helps to keep one hand free while using handheld steamer
- It comes with 2 years warranty for peace of mind.
- Here is what Amazon customers say about the Vax steam mop S7.
Best Steam Mop and Vacuum
There is only 2 options when it comes to choosing which is the best steam mop and vacuum to buy UK 2017. It is either you go for Bissell Vac and Steam or the Abode Pro Vac and Steam (Read reviews below)
The Bissell Vac and Steam 1132e is considered one of the best steam mop and vacuum cleaner.
As you already know before steaming with any steamer like the Bissell powerfresh steam mop; you have to hover your floor first but with Bissell Vac no need for vacuuming first.
This Bissell Steam Mop vac and steam will cut down the time you use in cleaning your floor surfaces as it is a nifty fully fledged vacuum and steam mop with ability to simultaneously vacuum and steam mop at the same time. This will save you time.
- It has adjustable handle
- Variable floor control and control for overheating
- It comes fitted with scented disks that leave your floors smelling fresh
This Bissell steam mop and vacuum all in one a nifty steamer however it is mainly good for hard floors and not carpets. The suction of the vacuum though ok is not the most powerful. You may find that you still need your good old Henry vacuum for deep vacuuming of carpets.
2: Abode Pro+ Vac and Steam 2-in-1 Cleaner, ASVC4001
- The Abode Pro+ Vac and Steam 2-in-1 Cleaner, ASVC4001 is white in color, weighing 4.3kg and of 22.5 x 115 x 29 cm size.
- It has a very large tank size of 550ml that heats up in 20 seconds to give you 25 minutes steaming time.
- It is powered by 1550watts motor with 8m long power cord.
- It features ‘swivel head ‘ that makes it easy to clean hard to reach areas
- For peace of mind, this Abode steam cleaner comes with 3 years warranty
- It is made up to be used only on hardwood floors and not carpets.
- It is sturdy and of good value for money.
- Click to read what Amazon Customers say about this Abode steam mop.
Best Steam Mop Consumer Reports
Consumer reports like Good Housekeeping and Which? vouch for theShark Lift-Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop – S3901 . This is a 2 in 1 gadget that employs a lot of cutting edge technology to make you clean your laminate and wooden flooring with ease. This product is rated as one of the top steam cleaner to buy by the leading consumer review and analysis firm “good housekeeping”.
- It dries floors super quick.
- It has a swivel head steering, variable floor setting.
- It has one of the best quality floor head in the cleaning industry and a long cord.
- The Shark lift away professionalis also long lasting according to thousands of customer reviews we have surveyed.
Best Steam Cleaner for Carpet
All of the best steam cleaner covered in this article have a carpet glider for refreshing carpet. If you want the best steam cleaner for carpet You can choose either the Vax steam fresh combi, Morphy Richards 15 in 1, X5 Mop, Shark or even the Vileda steam mop.
However for deep carpet cleaning you still need a dedicated carpet cleaner. If you are looking for the best carpet cleaner; check one of these top rated carpet cleaners UK 2017.
- Vax V-124A Dual V Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
- Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Multivax Dry Vacuum and Carpet Washer
- Vax W90-RU-P Rapide Ultra 2 Pre-Treatment Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
- Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright Carpet Washer
- Vax W87-DV-R Dual V Advance Reach Upright Carpet Cleaner
- Vax w87-dv-b dual v advance upright carpet
- Bissell cleanview deep clean carpet cleaner
- Bissell Clean View ProHeat Carpet Washer and or the
- Vax W90-RU-B Rapide Ultra Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
Any steamer with carpet glider/carpet attachment functionality can be used to refresh carpets.
By refresh here we mean that they can actually bring up the pile and rejuvenate it by loosening surface dirt and killing germs on your carpets. This is good enough to get rid of smudges and stains on your carpets.
The carpets actually look newer after refreshing them with hot vapour. Many people are turning to floor cleaning mops that clean with hot vapour as a quick fix to cleaning carpets.
The good thing with home steam cleaners with a carpet glider is that you can clean on the go.
Best Steam Mop for Pets
If you have pets and are looking for the dedicated best steam mop for pets; then you are covered because here are the 2 best floor steam cleaners for pets that are worth it.
1: Morphy Richards 720025 Total Clean Pets Steam Cleaner
The Morphy Richards 720025 Total Clean Pets Steam Cleaner is white in color, weighing 3kg and of 26 x 110 x 3 cm size.
- It is one of the best 2 in 1 steam cleaners: a floor steam cleaner and a handheld steamer
- It is powered by 1600w motor with 5 metre cable length
- It features 200ml water tank that heats up in 30 seconds to give you 14 minutes cleaning time.
- It also features ‘triangular floor head for steaming hard to reach areas.
- It comes with a carpet glider for refreshing carpets
- The total clean pet is sturdy, easy to use and offer good value for money.
- You can use it to clean any sealed hard floor
- Click to read what Amazon Customers say about thistotal clean pet steam mop.
2: Vax Steam Fresh Pet Steam Cleaner S86-SF-P
This Steam Fresh Pet Steam Cleaner S86-SF-P features a pet pad that removes all pet hair from your surfaces. It also has a considerably longer cleaning time (30 minutes). The defining feature of this cleaner is the pet pad that is specially designed to remove even the tiniest pet fur from your surfaces. However it does not have a handheld cleaner. It has a scrubber and steam burst functionality for caked in dirt and tough stains.
Click to read detailed Vax steam fresh pet review.
Best Heavy Duty Steam Mop
If you want to steam clean your garage, patio areas, car wheels, motorcycles or trucks and boats to mention but a few then you have only option to go for and that is the MC-1275 best heavy duty steam mop UK 2017.
MC-1275 Heavy-duty Steam Cleaner, Mcculloch (Complete Set) by McCulloch
If you are looking for the heavy duty steam mop, then the MC-1275 Heavy-duty Steam Cleaner, Mcculloch (Complete Set) by McCulloch is the only one option to go for.
- The MC-1275 Heavy-duty Steam Cleaner is powered by 1500watts motor with 12 foot power cord
- It comes with 10 piece accessory kit with necessary tools for cleaning floors, upholstery, carpeting, and floor mats, BBQ grill, patio furniture, or garage, trucks, boats, car wheels and motorcycles
- It has variable steam control setting for adjusting amount of steam depending on the type of surfaces being cleaned.
- It has an indicator light that light up when the machine is ready to be used.
- It has an onboard storage facility for storing the attachments.
- This heavy duty mop has just been introduced in the UK market; hence no any reviews so far even any explanation about the product itself.
- Check the MC-1275 Heavy-duty Steam Cleaner on Amazon.
Best Steam Mop for Large Areas
The following are the best 3 best steam mops for large areas.
1: Vax 15 in 1 steam cleaner
The Vax 15 in 1 steam cleaner has 8m power cord, long enough to clean large area, it comes with a 500ml water tank that heats up in 30 seconds to give you 20 minutes steaming time and also has a good sizeable floor head.
2: H20 HD Steam Mop
The Thane H20 HD Steam Mop features 6m power cord, 450ml water tank that heats up in 25 seconds to give you 15 minutes steaming time. and above all the hd steamer features ‘Extra large & super manoeuvrable 360° mop head’ that is suitable for cleaning large areas easily.
3: Karcher SC3 Steam Cleaner
TheKarcher SC3 Steam Cleaner
has a very large water tank, 1000ml that heats up in 30 seconds to give you 40 minutes cleaning time.Its power cord is a bit short, 5m long. Hower it has a wide floor head good enough for cleaning large areas.
Note: Consider these factors first, for cleaning large areas you need a swab that has a long power cord for reducing the stress of keeping plugging and unplugging the cable.
You also need a steamer with a large water tank to overcome the need for refilling the water tank frequently and
You also need a steamer with a large floor head to help you clean faster and on time for doing other things.
Best Steam Mop for Hard Water Areas
If you are leaving in hard water areas; you need to buy a floor steamer with built in water filter.
With time the filter tend to darken hence the need to change it.
Be sure to keep an eye on the water filter because if you forget to change the filter in time your steamer will clog and the steam will stop coming out .
Having said so-
Here are the 3 best steam mops for hard water areas
Good Steam Mop
There is a lot of other good steam mops out there. They are not much popular but quite good in what they do.
1: Quest 9-in-1 Steam Cleaner
The quest 9 in 1 steam cleaner is one of the best 2 in 1 home steam cleaners: a floor steam cleaner and handheld steamer.
- The Quest 9 in 1 is yellow in color, weighing 2.9kg and of 27 x 15 x 54 cm size.
- It is powered with 1300watts motor with 5 metre cable length.
- The Quest 9 in 1 feature a large 450ml water tank that heats up in 30 seconds to give you 15 to 20 minutes cleaning time.
- Click to read a detailed Quest 9 in 1 steam cleaner review
2: Beldray Steam Mop, 1300 Watt
The Beldray 1300 Watt Steam Mop is one of the top rated Beldray steam mops UK.This steam mop works only as a ‘floor steamer’ with no handheld attachment.
- The Beldray 1300 is white/red in color, weighing 1.3kg and of 29 x 28 x 115 cm size.
- It features a ‘swivel head’ for ease to clean hard to reach areas.
- Has indicators light for showing when the steamer is ready to use.
- it comes with a carpet glider for refreshing carpets.
- Has 5m cable length long enough for cleaning a standard room.
- Click to read a detailed Beldray 1300w review
3: VonHaus Multifunctional
TheVonHaus Multifunctional is one of the 2 in 1 steam mops UK that features ‘swivel head’ for easy to clean tight corners.
- It is powered by 1500watts motor with 6m power cord
- It features 450ml water tank that heats up in 30seconds to give you 20 minutes steaming time
- It has light indicators that indicate when the steamer is ready to use.
- It has variable steam control settings for adjusting steam based on the type of floor being cleaned.
- For peace of mind, you get 2 years warranty.
- It comes with carpet glider for refreshing carpets
- Click to read what Amazon customers say about this VonHaus Multifunctional steamer.
Best Steam Mop for Hardwood Floors 2017
The following two gadgets are best suited for best steam mops for hardwood floors UK 2017:
1: Hoover SNN1700 Steamjet
The Hoover SNN1700 Steamjet a multifunctional mop that has a nifty detachable handheld cleaner and a7 metre electricity cable cord. Enough length to reach most standard rooms.
It has both rectangular and triangular floor head (double head technology). The triangular head makes you to easily access hard to reach areas like corners, table legs and tight spaces beneath furniture.
- It also has a scrubber on the floor head to aid you tackle tough and ingrained dirt.
- It has a versatile variable control that can be adjusted to regulate the hot vapour released to your floors. It is suitable for all sealed hardwood floors.
- Click here to read whatAmazon Customers say about the Hoover SNN1700 Steamjet.
2: Black and Decker 7 in 1 Steam Mop
The Black and Decker 7 in 1 steam mop has a smart select feature with factory calibrated hot vapour threshold for most floor types. All you have to do is dial the variable floor control knob to your floor type.
- It has a steam burst technology that releases jetting hot vapour on demand to tackle tough stains and dirt.
- It has 5 metres cable length and 180 degrees. It is perfect for hardwood floors.
To clean hardwood floors with a hot vapour mop cleaner, you need a gadget that has variable steam control to regulate the amount of steam released to your floors.
Different hardwood surfaces have different moisture threshold. You want to release hot vapour that will not leave too much water residue that can stretch the moisture levels of your floors.
Cleaners with variable control regulate the amount of hot water vapour released to your floors. Other considerations are:
Decent cord length of at least 5 meters radius. This ensures that you can reach all your floor spaces without the need to plug/unplug.
Triangular floor head that will aid you access hard to reach areas. Mops with dual floor head are the most preferable because they give you more scope. You can clean wide areas with few strokes and also easily access tight spaces like table leg angles and corners.
Steam burst or scrubber functionality to agitate tough and caked in dirt on your floors. The scrubber will loosen the dirt and make it easy to clean.
Swivel steering for easy manoeuvrability and flexibility. At least 1800 swivel. This enables you to effortlessly navigate the floor head up to 180 degrees without using elbow grease or twisting your arm.
Best Steam Mop for Wooden Floors UK 2017
If you are looking for the best steam mop for wooden floors; you need one with variable steam control setting, decent cord length and a sizeable tank that can give you at least 15 minutes continuous cleaning is a good fit.
Wooden floors can be damaged by excessive water residue. That is why you need a mop with variable steam control.
You also want a cleaner that has a hot vapour trigger so that when cleaning, you will manage the release of hot vapour to your floors by pressing the trigger. For best results, clean using short bursts of steam followed by dry passes. This way, your floors dry quicker, in less than 3 minutes and there are no water residues or wet floors.
The following four best floor steamers are in our expert opinion the best steam mops for wooden floors UK 2017.
This is a 15 in 1 cleaner that has 360 degrees swivel steering, variable steam control and 8 meter cord length. It has a 16 piece accessory kits that can be used to clean 15 different parts of your house. It comes with a 2 year manufacturer guarantee and is quite sturdy. It weighs 3.5 kgs. This cleaner has consistently topped the best selling cleaners’ charts in all shopping portals in the UK.
The X 5 Mop is a versatile cleaner that can clean both floors, windows, upholstery, kitchen worktops and carpets. It is powered by a 1300 motor watt that heats up in 30 seconds to give you between 15-20 minutes of continuous cleaning.
3: Shark Lift Away
The Shark Lift Away with a dual head floor mop. It has a hot vapour trigger and a 3 step variable control system. It is a top rated cleaner that has received awards by consumer research giants like Good Housekeeping.
The Black and Decker has a factory configured variable control system for different hardwood floors. It has a hot vapour release trigger you can use to manage the flow of steam. It is quite suitable for wooden floors.
Best Lightweight Steam Mop UK 2017
For one reason or the other (eg. being old, have arthritis or any other reason real) you might find yourself looking for the best lightweight steam mop; and here are the best 3 you can buy right now.
1: Vax S7 Steam Mop
The Vax S7 Steam Mop weighs only 2.7 kgs and it has handy cable storage on the stick. It has an angular head, variable control and 16 piece accessory attachments.
2:Morphy Richards 720515 Multi Floors Steam Mop – White:
The Morphy Richards 720515 multi-floors weigh only 2.1 kgs. It has a 270 ml tank that heats up in 40 seconds to give you 10 minutes of continuous cleaning. It has an ON/OFF button so you don’t have to keep pressing the trigger to release hot jetting vapour.
3: Vax S88W1MB Steam Mop S88-W1M-B White/Black
The Vax S88W1MB comes with a two year guarantee and has a carpet glider for refreshing carpets. It weighs only 2.2 kgs and has a 6m cable length .It is powered by 1500watts and has a 280ml water tank that warms up in 30 seconds to give you 10 minutes steaming time.
Hottest Steam Mop/Best Selling Steam Mop UK 2017
Amazon always releases the best selling list; In case of steam mops here are the top 5 Amazon hottest steam mops UK 2017.
Best Steam Mop under £100
For the best steam mop under £100; check these 5 best floor steamers below:
- Vax steam fresh combi
- Morphy Richards 12 in 1 steam mop
- H20 HD steam Mop
- Shark lift away and the
- Morphy Richards 15 in 1 steam mop
Best Steam Mop under £50
There are a lot of best steam mops under £50 and here are the leading models that you can buy with full confidence knowing that what you get is of good value for money.
- Vax s7
- Morphy Richards 720020 9-in-1 Steam Cleaner – White
- Dirt Devil 5-in-1 Steam Cleaner, 0.33 Litre, White/Red
- Vax S2S-1 Hard Floor Pro
Best Steam Mop : UK Buying Guide
When choosing which is the best steam mop to buy UK 2017, check out for those that are easy to assemble. If it is too complicated to fit together, move over to the next one because it takes away the delight of buying it.
Read through the product description to be sure that you can assemble the gadget you buy with relative ease.
If you are like most people, you always want immediate gratification from what you buy, do not let assembling the product you buy stand in the way.
Fortunately all the best products we have reviewed can be assembled effortlessly.
When you use clean microfibre pads, your floors will never leave streaks that steal the gloss a good run of cleaning is supposed to give you.
I see in forums and reviews people venting their frustrations by complaining that their products leave streaks on their floors.
Truth be told, no best cleaner is designed to leave streaks.
In most cases when a cleaner leaves streaks, it is normally due to the fact that the floor head cloths/microfibre pads are not quite clean. So always remember to toss the microfibre pads in the washing machine or give them a hand wash with ordinary washing powder.
Fast Drying Time
When shopping for the best mop, check out for those that guarantee you fast drying time. Efficient cleaners should leave your surfaces dry in at least five minutes after cleaning.
When using high hot vapour pressure especially if using high pressure bar cleaners like the 4.5 pressure bar Polti Vaporetto eco pro, you need to dry your floor with a dry cloth after cleaning with hot vapour.
For best results clean in small sections preferably 2 metre square then dry it with a soft dry cloth before you progress. If you work through your floors like this, the floors will be left gleaming.
You will find that a number of multi-purpose steam mops have this capability of leaving your floors really dry after cleaning. This is because they are fitted with the best microfiber cloths that sap up the condensation as they trap all the dirt in the cloth.
Of course you don’t want your floors wet after cleaning especially with children and even dogs walking up and down the house. This could be hazardous. Go for cleaners that come with a wiping cloth accessory.
Decent Cord Length
Check out how long the electric cord is. As always you want a long electric cord to save you the task of unplugging from one socket to the other as you work through the surfaces of your house.
You don’t want to be burdened with the inconvenience of buying a number of electric socket extension cords once you have already purchased your cleaning equipment just because the cord attached to your cleaner is short. It is therefore crucial that you consider this factor (length of cord) when shopping.
Replacement Jugs and Micro-Fibre Pads
In identifying a quality gadget, you should look out for models that come with a top up jug in their accessory kit. This will spare you the task of having to remove the water tank once the water runs out of the reservoir for refilling. A replacement jug also reduces the chance of water spilling in the process of refilling the tank.
High Quality Microfiber Pads
Hot vapour mops are normally fitted with a cloth or microfibre pads beneath them. These clothes/microfiber are quite important in cleaning your surfaces because through them dirt from your surface is trapped on the floor head leaving your surfaces clean and fresh.
If you are likely to be using your cleaner on floors, it will be advisable to buy those fitted with microfiber pads as opposed to cloths. A microfiber pad fitting helps your floor to dry up quicker. They are also washable and reusable. They last longer than clothes and are easy to clean when compared to clothes.
How to Maintain Microfibre Pads
When shopping, check for pads that are easier to maintain. Though the cleaner comes with a supply of replacement pads, these pads eventually run out and you have to buy replacement. However, if you take good care of the pads by regularly cleaning them after use, the pads will last long and spare you the cost of replacing them regularly.
The microfiber fitting is easier to maintain. Here is why: Microfibre pads are made of synthetic material which is easier to wash than clothes. It is advisable to let your gadget cool down before storing it. This will protect the surface floor of your storage room.
Of cause depending on how much storage space you have, you should choose a cleaner that will not be awkward and bulky to store.
Best Storage and Safety Aspects of Your Cleaner
Consider the storage and safety aspects of your gadget. Depending on your budget, it is advisable to buy a cleaner that has its own safety mat to hold the gadget after cleaning.
This saves you time you could have spent waiting for the cleaner to cool down before you store it. Alternatively shop for those that have continuous cleaning setting embedded in them.
Read reviews to find out which cleaner enables you to clean both hard and soft areas. This is convenient and efficient since you end up with a “one stop machine” to cater for all your surfaces.
However do not use it as a vacuum
This will wear your gadget down. Always vacuum before cleaning to enable the cleaner do the heavy lifting job of deep cleaning your floors. Hot vapour mops kill 99% germs on your surfaces and can sift even the tiniest of dust particles.
Though most cleaners reviewed here will not only clean in a super fast fashion and leave your surfaces spotless, some of us actually prefer fresh scented smell to crown everything up.
If adding a freshener to your gadget appeals to you, then you need to shop for the one that has a component that allows you to add a freshener in your water tank.
Most Vax cleaning products for example come with a specially designed scented detergent. However, adding chemicals and fresheners without due regard to manufacturer’s specification might damage your gadget.
That is why you should think about whether you really want to use a mop that allows you to add a freshener and buy one that has this capability.
Continuous Floor Setting
Most ordinary cleaners normally need some cooling off period/time before you can refill the water tank. However most quality cleaners use cutting edge technology that enables them to be refilled on demand without the need for the gadget to cool down. This of course has an overall effect of not only saving you time (no waiting for the gadget to cool down while cleaning) but could extend the life of your cleaner (the risk of overheating is reduced).
Most cleaning products come with an assortment of attachment such as : an adjustable nozzle, hard and soft brushes, squeegee, carpet glider, and Velcro microfibre pads that could be customized to clean different parts of the house. Most 2 in 1 mops normally give you value for money.
They can be detached to clean hard to reach places. With the right accessories, you can customise the handheld cleaner that are embedded in most highly top rated steam mops UK to spruce up most of your surfaces.
You will find that most of the multi-purpose best cleaners give you more capability and flexibility. You can use them to clean Grout, Cookers, Upholstery, Windows, Carpets Hard floors and Tiles. These are the products that fit the bill of a quality hot vapour gadget in the UK.
With such multiple accessories to use on your hand held cleaner device you get flexibility of use that turns your gadget into a complete steam cleaning system.
Powerful Motor Engine
Another important factor to consider when choosing the best is the size of the motor engine. The motor is the one that powers your cleaner.
Of course you want a powerful machine that will make your cleaning task quick, fun and easy. To achieve this, you need a motor with considerably high wattage because the more the wattage the more powerful and effective the cleaning will be.
The water will be heated up in record time and you get longer time to use the cleaner. The wattage can go as high as 1800 watts. However with 1200 Watts and above, you should be treading on quality grounds.
The search for more power however comes at a price. The more the wattage the device has the heavier it will be, so you need to factor that into your plan. There are cleaners that have wheels on the base though, in which case weight of the cleaner is no issue because you won’t have to push it around.
The cleaner you end up buying depends really on your individual needs. Before you set out in search of the cleaner you desire, you should first decide what you would really want to use it for. Consider the size of your house and the kind of surfaces that you are going to it on.
- Do you have different surfaces across the house?
- Do you have pets?
- Do you have children who crawl about your floors?
- Are your surfaces tiled, laminate, hardwood, vinyl, all carpeted, a mix of carpet and hard surfaces?
- Are the surfaces sealed? Are there insurance clauses regarding cleaners?
These factors will enable you to choose the steam mop that is tailored to your needs.
What are the Best Functionalities to look for?
Once you figure out what you plan to use your cleaner for, you need to decide the size and weight of the gadget that will closely fit your preferred way of working. Most floor mops come in different shapes, weights and capabilities.
Here are the basics. You want to go for a gadget that is easy and convenient to use on all your floor surfaces. Ideally it should have a carpet glider that can be locked into place when in use.
The best product should heat up really quick to avoid any waiting moments but still give you extended cleaning time. It should be easy to handle and store, it should ideally have an extension cord that is suited to the size of your house, one that could enable you to be creative and add a freshener to it.
The list is longer than this but I hope you see that choosing a best quality cleaner UK takes some meticulous considerations. Now let’s break these points down:
Considering Your Floor Type
What is the best gadget for your floor type is a crucial consideration. Like we all know, most modern houses have different floor types in different parts of the house with a fair mix of carpeted floors and hard floors. You therefore need a cleaner that will glide through all your the different surfaces without any trouble.
The key tip here is to look for cleaners that work well in most hard floors and also have carpet glider functionality.
Different floor texture have different temperature threshold. For instance porcelain tiles that are unglazed and porous are not suitable for high temperature vapour pressure because glazed material is water resistant and leaves a wet finish. With such floors you need a cleaner that dries floors superfast like the Vax S86-SF-C that dries floors in only 3 minutes after cleaning.
You also need a product that has variable settings. This functionality employs smart settings to regulate the hot water vapour pressure and temperature suitable for your floors.
What Tank Size
One thing you should definitely watch out for when choosing the best product is the tank size. The bigger the water tank, the more cleaning time you get from the cleaner. This is especially important if you have large areas of surface to cover. The best tank size should give you at least 20 minutes of uninterrupted output. If you have a big house and many rooms, you should look out for a good cleaner that can cope with active use for considerable lengths of time like the Polti Vaporetto eco pro 3.0 steam cleaner. The Polti steam cleaner has a 2 litre tank that can give you 40 -45 minutes continuous cleaning time.
Are Lightweight Mops Really the Best?
While shopping, keep in mind that very light models are normally designed for lightweight duty or for one particular use, for example, floor cleaning only as opposed to being used for a variety of cleaning tasks.
If for example you need your newly acquired cleaning gadget to clean your upholstery and other parts in your house then probably the lightweight models are not exactly for you. However you can get a fully functioning best multi-purpose mop that weighs only 2.5 Kgs like the Hoover SNN1700.
Where Is the Best Place to Buy a Steam Mop?
The best place to buy a steam mop is on Amazon. You get first class customer service, fast delivery and best price ever. (check these top 100 Amazon best selling steam mops UK 2017)
Whichever way you look at it getting the best product will give you peace of mind and of course spectacularly clean surfaces that increase the quality of life you live. Our steam mops reviews 2017 UK offer you the best prices in the market today. Most of our recommended steam mops are for online retail stores because they tend to have very competitive prices.
Top 5 Best Steam Cleaner Reviews UK 2017
|No.||Image||Product Name & Detailed Reviews||Power Cord (m)||weight||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|No.||Image||Product Name & Detailed Reviews||Power Cord (m)||weight||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|1||Karcher SC3 All-in-One Steam Cleaner||5||3.1||4.4|
|2||Vax S86-SF-C Steam Fresh Combi Multifunction||8||3.7||4.2|
|3||Vax S7 Total Home Master Multifunction Steam Mop||7||2.7||4.1|
|4||Polti Vaporetto Go Steam Cleaner, 3.5 Bar||5||6||4.4|
|5||H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner||6||2.5||4.4|
Most of the high-end best steam cleaners tend to be cylinder cleaners. They usually cost between £120 to £300. Cylinder cleaners tend to have bigger tank sizes. This means they can be used for longer periods without the need to re-fill the tank.
Top 3 Best Steam Cleaners 2017 Reviews
#1:Best Steam Cleaner 2017- Karcher Steam Cleaner Reviews
Wondering which steam cleaner is the best one? The number number best steam cleaner UK 2017 for home use is the Karcher steam cleaner.
Karcher has revolutionalized the way we clean our homes by its innovative multi purpose steam cleaners and window vacuums. These gadgets battle caked in dirt and grime to give your living spaces a fresh clean and gleaming finish. Like Vax cleaners, most Karcher cleaners come with a two year guarantee.
Apart from the SC1 which is essentially a handheld cleaner with a floor extension, their cleaners are mostly cylinder cleaners that roll on wheels for increased portability and flexibility.
Here are some of the key features of the Karcher SC3
- Fast heat up time (30 seconds)
- One litre refillable water tank .
- You can refill on the fly as you clean without stopping or re-starting.
- The large tank gives you long continuous steam cleaning time to tackle most of your spaces without stopping to refill. .
Here are the other Popular Karcher cleaners:Karcher steam cleaner sc2
The SC2 weighs 3.2 kgs and is powered by a 1500 watt motor that heats up the one litre tank in 6.5 minutes.
- A full tank can give you between 25-30 minutes continuous working time.
- It is portable and has onboard tools storage.
- The SC2 Karcher steam mop and steam cleaner is an improved version of the Karcher SC 1020 steam cleaner that has an integrated handle control..
The the SC1 Karcher steam mop is a handheld cleaner with a floor attachment. It has heat up time of 3 minutes and a water tank of 200ml. The water tank can give you between 5-8 minutes cleaning time. The SC1 is ideal for small spaces . It is also the cheapest Karcher cleaner.Karcher SC4
The Karcher steam cleaner sc4 is the new version of the Karcher SC2.500C. It is powered by a 2000watt motor that heats up the 800ml tank in four minutes.
- It features a non-stop refillable tank and a high pressure bar of 4.1.
- It weighs 4.1 kgs and has comfort plus. Comfort plus simply means an assortment of high end accessories and features. They include a larger floor nozzle that will enable you to cover wide areas quickly and can cut your cleaning time.
- Cutting edge lamellae (thin layered floor tool accessory) on the face of the floor nozzle that enhances efficient use of hot vapour and the cleaning cloth.
This is a high end gadget that produces high pressure bar of 4.2 bar. It is powered by a 2200 watt that heats up the 1.5 litre tank in three minutes.
- It features a non-stop refillable tank and an assortment of Karcher comfort plus tools.
- It weighs 6 kgs and has a Vapa-hydro functionality that blasts out hot vapour to dismantle and breakdown any stubborn grime or grease.
The gadgets come with a nylon round brush set of three colour coded brushes that are used to clean taps, grouting, crevices, bathroom, kitchen and many more areas in your domestic space.
Terry clothes for wiping places you have cleaned. The terry clothes are machine washable however you are better off getting Velcro which tends to last longer.
The few disadvantages about Karcher steam cleaners is that they typically have shorter power cords of 4-5 meters. This is unlike Vax that have long cables of 7-8 metres.
The round nylon brushes for detail cleaning are not very durable. However you can buy brass bristle round brushes from Karcher from Amazon or any other online shop for less than ten quid. The brass bristle brushes are sturdy and long lasting. They are ideal for steam cleaning grout and crevices.
#2: Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaner Reviews -Best Steam Cleaner Mop
The Thane h20 x5 steam cleaner has written itself in history books of world best steam cleaner mops. It has sold over 10 million pieces worldwide. It has won several awards: best buy winner 2012; Good Housekeeping award, 2013 and 2014 & Product of the year prize 2014 (http://www.retailtimes.co.uk/thane-scoops-2014-product-year-award-steam-mop-wins-tesco-argos-listings/).
The most popular best steam cleaner in its range is the H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner. This was firstly produced in Lime green. It was quite lightweight 2.5 kgs and versatile.
- It cleans all types of floors with hot vapour (it has variable heat control function)
- Spruces up garments
- Cleans windows with steam
- Detail cleans grouting, crevices, taps and most croons and crannies in domestic spaces.
- Cleans kitchen worktops, ovens, shower screen and toilet.
Although heavily promoted by TV infomercials, this cleaner initially received mixed reviews. The manufacturers were forced to rethink the engineering of the cleaner and came up with improved versions of the x5 mop that incorporated feedback from customers.
Some key concerns by customers were that: the mop was flimsy, it could stop working after a while due to lime scale clogging, the lime green colour wasn’t everyone’s favourite colour, some even complained of it leaving the floor wet and having streaks.
Revamped X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Cleaner
Following up on feedback and complaints from customers , the X5 mop manufacturers came up with a sturdier 5 in 1 cleaner accompanied with super absorbent cloths to soak up all water residues and leave floors dry.
Thane H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Colours Range:
The redesigned X5 MOP also came in different colours:
- Lime green, and
The H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner emerged as the favourite and has received numerous positive customer feedback. Customers say it is
In line with the feedback from customers, the manufacturer produced a new cleaner that is sleek, powerful and reliable: the H20 HD. To counter the key complain that the x5 mop easily packed up after clogging up with lime-scale, the H20 HD has:
- an integrated filter to weed out any lime scale and ensure that it does not clog up. This has made it quite reliable. Other new additions include:
- a wide floor head for quick cleaning,
- more power (1500watts up from 1300watts)
- a foldable handle and
- a see-though high definition water tank to monitor your water tank level.
The H20 HD is quite swanky but not very expensive (less than £100). It has been very well received by UK customers.
The manufacturers of X5 mop only give one year guarantee unlike other popular brand like Vax and Karcher that give two years manufacturer guarantee.
#3:Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro 3.0 Steam Cleaner Reviews
Here is what you get when you buy the Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro 3000 Steam Cleaner:
- A truly multifunctional cleaner that can clean windows, carpets, upholstery, worktops floors and almost any place in the house.
- It has accessories like window cleaner and the steam lance that enables you to clean the back of radiators which many cleaners in the market do not have.
- It is quite durable. Many customers report having owned the Polti for 16 years. On average most people had the cleaner for between 3-16 years depending on care and use. (Hint: if you do not use the Polti steam iron attachment, your cleaner will last for long.)
- It has a high steam pressure bar of 4.5 powered by a 2000 watt motor. This is very hot steam that will easily dislodge any stubborn dirt especially on greasy surfaces. It has a hot vapour pressure indicator for you to monitor the amount of hot vapour you are releasing to your surfaces. It is the perfect cleaner for deep cleaning grubby and oily surfaces like barbecues, car wheel rims, car seats and engines.
- It has a concentrator tool with nylon brush that can be used for cleaning grout and for spot cleaning smudges.
- It is lightweight to operate because it rolls on wheels in spite of its 4.9 kgs weight.
- It is fitted with two anti-calc Kalstop phials- these ensure that your cleaner will not clog up with lime scale which can damage your cleaner. With these in place your cleaner will last for long even if you live in a hard water region.
- It has an adjustable steam hose. This will easily enable you to reach tight spaces and hard to reach areas. You can also adjust it to the height you feel comfortable with.
- It has a British Allergy Foundation rubberstamp of approval. They say, not even the tiniest dust escapes the hot vapour from the Polti Vaporetto Classic Eco Pro 3.0 cleaner
- It has a big tank of 2 litres that will give you between 40-45 minutes of continuous steam cleaning. This is enough to cover your domestic spaces without the need to refill the water tank.
- It is fitted with variable hot vapour setting to enable you choose the appropriate steam pressure for your surfaces.
- It has been scientifically tested by scholars at Cambridge University and found to clean exceptionally.
Cons of Vaporetto Eco Pro
- It has a short power cord (4m).
- It is relatively expensive than most cleaners in the market. However, the saying “you get what you pay for holds very true with this floor cleaner”. On the outset it might seem that the Eco-pro Polti is expensive but in over 200 customer feedback and reviews we researched, a number of people report having owned the cleaner for 15-16 years. If this is the case then the cleaner will only cost you 15 pounds a year.
The Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro 3.0 is a quality cleaner that will provide you good value for money. We recommend it . Check the Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro 3.0 at Amazon to see whether it is a good fit for you.
Best Steam Cleaners 2017 Buying Guide
Steam cleaners operate by swiftly heating water to give out steam, which is then applied to floor surfaces at great pressure. The “dry” steam generated is capable of shifting deep seated grease and dirt. It also eliminates all dust mites and bacteria. Some of them may do more than just one task; doubling up as window cleaner with its featured attachments and in some cases as vacuum cleaners with filters that are water-based.
Which is the Best Steam Cleaner?
The best steam cleaners that are sure to save you time yet provide quality in spectacularly cleaned surfaces are:
- Kärcher SC1.020 Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner is compact, lightweight, weighing 3kg and comes with a comfortable carrying handle to use in several rooms in the house.
- It rolls on wheels for convenience and uses 20% less energy than most average cleaners.
- A nifty handheld device and child-safe lock are some of the quality features of this machine.
- For a detailed review of this best selling steam Karcher sc1.020 check it here.
Best Steam Cleaners Buying Guide
Steam mops release steam for a more hassle-free and effective floor cleaning. They are usually upright units with a water tank secured to its handle. When compared to a traditional bucket and mop, it was discovered that both achieved to do the job well; however, the one that has an excellent result with little effort was the steam mop.
Handheld Steam Cleaner Reviews
Best Handheld steam cleaners are easy and compact to store and may be an excellent choice if you are only seeking to just clean on a small area like curtains, bathroom and corners of carpets then go for handhelds. It is not recommended to clean huge areas like floors.
It usually gives a burst of steam on a concentrated area with the help of a nozzle and it comes with a various range of attachments to aid you in cleaning various surfaces like upholstery, tiles and windows.
If you are looking to buy the handheld steam cleaner; the UPGRADED Handheld Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner and Sanitizer with Safety Lock for Stain Removals is the best for cleaning any sealed surface. You can use it for steam cleaning refrigerators, sinks, shower doors, wrinkled clothes and taps among others. It is powered by 1050 watts motor with 9.5 m power cord that is long enough to reach all areas in your house.
2 in 1 Handheld Steam Cleaner and Mop Reviews
This basically looks like more of a mini steam mops. Its handheld device is assembled in the handle of the mop and may be used and removed separately. With combined functionalities that means 2 in 1 handheld steam cleaner and mop can deal with any kind of steam cleaning jobs; however, it is more often bulky and heavier to utilize compared to mops. It usually uses a specific handheld device attachment for different surfaces.
Cylinder Steam Cleaners Reviews
The barrel or as they are famously known, cylinder steam cleaners like Karcher Steam Cleaner and looks like a cylinder vacuums and are made up of its main body, plastic tube, nozzle and bendy hose. It is likely to be much heavier compared to steam mops; however, it basically gives a longer period of cleaning times. It may also take about 12 minutes for it to heat up the water inside its tanks. With this fact, it is not easily available as mops or handhelds.
The cylinder cleaner includes attachments that are used for steam cleaning the floors and for other various surface cleaning jobs. A luxurious cylinder cleaner must be capable of doing all the cleaning tasks or handheld steam cleaner and mops and combined.
How much Do Best Steam Cleaner UK Cost?
You may locate the Best Buy steam mop for smaller than £50 and the Best Deal 2-in-1 steam cleaner for less than £100. More so, cylinder steam cleaner may cost as high as £260; however, there are some not-so-famous brands that work well for as low as £60. Handheld cleaners may have the lowest price with units available amounting to a less than £20; however, you may also spend a bit higher on a £50 choice. Actually, prices may not guarantee the unit’s quality so you must always research or read on the review before you choose what to purchase.
Shark, Bissell steam mop, Vax, Pifco steam mop, Russell Hobbs and Morphy Richards are amidst the famous brands which makes best steam cleaners, supplying them to stores such as John Lewis, Argos and several supermarkets that sells them in their home improvement department. Most of these cleaners can also be purchased online like the ones reviewed in this site so far.
Best Steam Cleaner UK Accessories
The usual cleaner attachments permit you to deal with other steam cleaning tasks inside your home such as refreshing clothes, cleaning windows and even cleaning your car’s interior. However, it is also essential to have these other accessories :
- Cleaning pads meant for wiping down flat surfaces.
- Squeegee meant for glass cleaning.
- Tool for Upholstery, which makes refreshing fabric and treating stains much more easily. It usually consists of a squeegee or a brush with a pad or cloth equipped on its top.
- Scrubbing pad, which makes work light when getting rid of the greases from your ovens.
- Scrubbing brush, which eliminates nested grime from your tiles and grout.
You may sometimes come across some units which may include a built-in dispenser for detergents. However, these kinds of models were not yet proven to clean better and fact that purchasing its refill detergent might add up to your initial costing.
Features You Must Consider
The cleaning time, heat up and capacities are all essential features to look out for. The heat up period included in the unit’s specification applies to how long it takes to achieve the mode of producing pressure, which may depend on the machine of the unit’s total capacity. Handheld cleaners are easy-to-use and very lightweight but do not produces steam for a long period of time. Mops are quickly to achieve its desired heating level compared to cylinder cleaners; more so, the fastest amongst the cleaners have been proved to heat up in just less than 20 seconds.
It is also valuable to check how many other added accessories that are meant for its added features.
The cleaning period refers to how much time you may utilize the cleaner with constant steam before you need to refill it with water again. Handheld cleaners usually have small water tanks wherein it can only produce steam for lesser time and requires you to refill it more often.
Higher Steam Input?
The basic steam input is usually measured in grams per minute. This basically means that the higher the number, the more impressive the jetting pressure it can produce. It will be worth thinking that units that may propose a higher pressure outputs may often than not leave your surfaces the wettest in the cleaning process.
That is all about the best steam cleaners; we hope you get time to move around our site, read reviews and expert opinions to find out which is the product that fits your needs.