Best Steam Cleaner Reviews
Top 5 Best Steam Cleaner Reviews UK 2017
|No.||Image||Product Name & Detailed Reviews||Power Cord (m)||weight||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|No.||Image||Product Name & Detailed Reviews||Power Cord (m)||weight||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|1||Karcher SC3 All-in-One Steam Cleaner||5||3.1||4.4|
|2||Vax S86-SF-C Steam Fresh Combi Multifunction||8||3.7||4.2|
|3||Vax S7 Total Home Master Multifunction Steam Mop||7||2.7||4.1|
|4||Polti Vaporetto Go Steam Cleaner, 3.5 Bar||5||6||4.4|
|5||H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner||6||2.5||4.4|
Most of the high-end best steam cleaners tend to be cylinder cleaners. They usually cost between £120 to £300. Cylinder cleaners tend to have bigger tank sizes. This means they can be used for longer periods without the need to re-fill the tank.
Top 3 Best Steam Cleaners 2017 Reviews
#1:Best Steam Cleaner 2017- Karcher Steam Cleaner Reviews
Wondering which steam cleaner is the best one? The number number best steam cleaner UK 2017 for home use is the Karcher steam cleaner.
Karcher has revolutionalized the way we clean our homes by its innovative multi purpose steam cleaners and window vacuums. These gadgets battle caked in dirt and grime to give your living spaces a fresh clean and gleaming finish. Like Vax cleaners, most Karcher cleaners come with a two year guarantee.
Apart from the SC1 which is essentially a handheld cleaner with a floor extension, their cleaners are mostly cylinder cleaners that roll on wheels for increased portability and flexibility.
Here are some of the key features of the Karcher SC3
- Fast heat up time (30 seconds)
- One litre refillable water tank .
- You can refill on the fly as you clean without stopping or re-starting.
- The large tank gives you long continuous steam cleaning time to tackle most of your spaces without stopping to refill. .
Here are the other Popular Karcher cleaners:Karcher steam cleaner sc2
The SC2 weighs 3.2 kgs and is powered by a 1500 watt motor that heats up the one litre tank in 6.5 minutes.
- A full tank can give you between 25-30 minutes continuous working time.
- It is portable and has onboard tools storage.
- The SC2 Karcher steam mop and steam cleaner is an improved version of the Karcher SC 1020 steam cleaner that has an integrated handle control..
The the SC1 Karcher steam mop is a handheld cleaner with a floor attachment. It has heat up time of 3 minutes and a water tank of 200ml. The water tank can give you between 5-8 minutes cleaning time. The SC1 is ideal for small spaces . It is also the cheapest Karcher cleaner.Karcher SC4
The Karcher steam cleaner sc4 is the new version of the Karcher SC2.500C. It is powered by a 2000watt motor that heats up the 800ml tank in four minutes.
- It features a non-stop refillable tank and a high pressure bar of 4.1.
- It weighs 4.1 kgs and has comfort plus. Comfort plus simply means an assortment of high end accessories and features. They include a larger floor nozzle that will enable you to cover wide areas quickly and can cut your cleaning time.
- Cutting edge lamellae (thin layered floor tool accessory) on the face of the floor nozzle that enhances efficient use of hot vapour and the cleaning cloth.
This is a high end gadget that produces high pressure bar of 4.2 bar. It is powered by a 2200 watt that heats up the 1.5 litre tank in three minutes.
- It features a non-stop refillable tank and an assortment of Karcher comfort plus tools.
- It weighs 6 kgs and has a Vapa-hydro functionality that blasts out hot vapour to dismantle and breakdown any stubborn grime or grease.
The gadgets come with a nylon round brush set of three colour coded brushes that are used to clean taps, grouting, crevices, bathroom, kitchen and many more areas in your domestic space.
Terry clothes for wiping places you have cleaned. The terry clothes are machine washable however you are better off getting Velcro which tends to last longer.
The few disadvantages about Karcher steam cleaners is that they typically have shorter power cords of 4-5 meters. This is unlike Vax that have long cables of 7-8 metres.
The round nylon brushes for detail cleaning are not very durable. However you can buy brass bristle round brushes from Karcher from Amazon or any other online shop for less than ten quid. The brass bristle brushes are sturdy and long lasting. They are ideal for steam cleaning grout and crevices.
#2: Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaner Reviews -Best Steam Cleaner Mop
The Thane h20 x5 steam cleaner has written itself in history books of world best steam cleaner mops. It has sold over 10 million pieces worldwide. It has won several awards: best buy winner 2012; Good Housekeeping award, 2013 and 2014 & Product of the year prize 2014 (http://www.retailtimes.co.uk/thane-scoops-2014-product-year-award-steam-mop-wins-tesco-argos-listings/).
The most popular best steam cleaner in its range is the H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner. This was firstly produced in Lime green. It was quite lightweight 2.5 kgs and versatile.
- It cleans all types of floors with hot vapour (it has variable heat control function)
- Spruces up garments
- Cleans windows with steam
- Detail cleans grouting, crevices, taps and most croons and crannies in domestic spaces.
- Cleans kitchen worktops, ovens, shower screen and toilet.
Although heavily promoted by TV infomercials, this cleaner initially received mixed reviews. The manufacturers were forced to rethink the engineering of the cleaner and came up with improved versions of the x5 mop that incorporated feedback from customers.
Some key concerns by customers were that: the mop was flimsy, it could stop working after a while due to lime scale clogging, the lime green colour wasn’t everyone’s favourite colour, some even complained of it leaving the floor wet and having streaks.
Revamped X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Cleaner
Following up on feedback and complaints from customers , the X5 mop manufacturers came up with a sturdier 5 in 1 cleaner accompanied with super absorbent cloths to soak up all water residues and leave floors dry.
Thane H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Colours Range:
The redesigned X5 MOP also came in different colours:
- Lime green, and
The H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner emerged as the favourite and has received numerous positive customer feedback. Customers say it is
In line with the feedback from customers, the manufacturer produced a new cleaner that is sleek, powerful and reliable: the H20 HD. To counter the key complain that the x5 mop easily packed up after clogging up with lime-scale, the H20 HD has:
- an integrated filter to weed out any lime scale and ensure that it does not clog up. This has made it quite reliable. Other new additions include:
- a wide floor head for quick cleaning,
- more power (1500watts up from 1300watts)
- a foldable handle and
- a see-though high definition water tank to monitor your water tank level.
The H20 HD is quite swanky but not very expensive (less than £100). It has been very well received by UK customers.
The manufacturers of X5 mop only give one year guarantee unlike other popular brand like Vax and Karcher that give two years manufacturer guarantee.
#3:Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro 3.0 Steam Cleaner Reviews
Here is what you get when you buy the Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro 3000 Steam Cleaner:
- A truly multifunctional cleaner that can clean windows, carpets, upholstery, worktops floors and almost any place in the house.
- It has accessories like window cleaner and the steam lance that enables you to clean the back of radiators which many cleaners in the market do not have.
- It is quite durable. Many customers report having owned the Polti for 16 years. On average most people had the cleaner for between 3-16 years depending on care and use. (Hint: if you do not use the Polti steam iron attachment, your cleaner will last for long.)
- It has a high steam pressure bar of 4.5 powered by a 2000 watt motor. This is very hot steam that will easily dislodge any stubborn dirt especially on greasy surfaces. It has a hot vapour pressure indicator for you to monitor the amount of hot vapour you are releasing to your surfaces. It is the perfect cleaner for deep cleaning grubby and oily surfaces like barbecues, car wheel rims, car seats and engines.
- It has a concentrator tool with nylon brush that can be used for cleaning grout and for spot cleaning smudges.
- It is lightweight to operate because it rolls on wheels in spite of its 4.9 kgs weight.
- It is fitted with two anti-calc Kalstop phials- these ensure that your cleaner will not clog up with lime scale which can damage your cleaner. With these in place your cleaner will last for long even if you live in a hard water region.
- It has an adjustable steam hose. This will easily enable you to reach tight spaces and hard to reach areas. You can also adjust it to the height you feel comfortable with.
- It has a British Allergy Foundation rubberstamp of approval. They say, not even the tiniest dust escapes the hot vapour from the Polti Vaporetto Classic Eco Pro 3.0 cleaner
- It has a big tank of 2 litres that will give you between 40-45 minutes of continuous steam cleaning. This is enough to cover your domestic spaces without the need to refill the water tank.
- It is fitted with variable hot vapour setting to enable you choose the appropriate steam pressure for your surfaces.
- It has been scientifically tested by scholars at Cambridge University and found to clean exceptionally.
Cons of Vaporetto Eco Pro
- It has a short power cord (4m).
- It is relatively expensive than most cleaners in the market. However, the saying “you get what you pay for holds very true with this floor cleaner”. On the outset it might seem that the Eco-pro Polti is expensive but in over 200 customer feedback and reviews we researched, a number of people report having owned the cleaner for 15-16 years. If this is the case then the cleaner will only cost you 15 pounds a year.
The Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro 3.0 is a quality cleaner that will provide you good value for money. We recommend it . Check the Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro 3.0 at Amazon to see whether it is a good fit for you.
Best Steam Cleaners 2017 Buying Guide
Steam cleaners operate by swiftly heating water to give out steam, which is then applied to floor surfaces at great pressure. The “dry” steam generated is capable of shifting deep seated grease and dirt. It also eliminates all dust mites and bacteria. Some of them may do more than just one task; doubling up as window cleaner with its featured attachments and in some cases as vacuum cleaners with filters that are water-based.
Which is the Best Steam Cleaner?
The best steam cleaners that are sure to save you time yet provide quality in spectacularly cleaned surfaces are:
- Kärcher SC1.020 Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner is compact, lightweight, weighing 3kg and comes with a comfortable carrying handle to use in several rooms in the house.
- It rolls on wheels for convenience and uses 20% less energy than most average cleaners.
- A nifty handheld device and child-safe lock are some of the quality features of this machine.
- For a detailed review of this best selling steam Karcher sc1.020 check it here.
Best Steam Cleaners Buying Guide
Steam mops release steam for a more hassle-free and effective floor cleaning. They are usually upright units with a water tank secured to its handle. When compared to a traditional bucket and mop, it was discovered that both achieved to do the job well; however, the one that has an excellent result with little effort was the steam mop.
Handheld Steam Cleaner Reviews
Best Handheld steam cleaners are easy and compact to store and may be an excellent choice if you are only seeking to just clean on a small area like curtains, bathroom and corners of carpets then go for handhelds. It is not recommended to clean huge areas like floors.
It usually gives a burst of steam on a concentrated area with the help of a nozzle and it comes with a various range of attachments to aid you in cleaning various surfaces like upholstery, tiles and windows.
If you are looking to buy the handheld steam cleaner; the UPGRADED Handheld Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner and Sanitizer with Safety Lock for Stain Removals is the best for cleaning any sealed surface. You can use it for steam cleaning refrigerators, sinks, shower doors, wrinkled clothes and taps among others. It is powered by 1050 watts motor with 9.5 m power cord that is long enough to reach all areas in your house.
2 in 1 Handheld Steam Cleaner and Mop Reviews
This basically looks like more of a mini steam mops. Its handheld device is assembled in the handle of the mop and may be used and removed separately. With combined functionalities that means 2 in 1 handheld steam cleaner and mop can deal with any kind of steam cleaning jobs; however, it is more often bulky and heavier to utilize compared to mops. It usually uses a specific handheld device attachment for different surfaces.
Cylinder Steam Cleaners Reviews
The barrel or as they are famously known, cylinder steam cleaners like Karcher Steam Cleaner and looks like a cylinder vacuums and are made up of its main body, plastic tube, nozzle and bendy hose. It is likely to be much heavier compared to steam mops; however, it basically gives a longer period of cleaning times. It may also take about 12 minutes for it to heat up the water inside its tanks. With this fact, it is not easily available as mops or handhelds.
The cylinder cleaner includes attachments that are used for steam cleaning the floors and for other various surface cleaning jobs. A luxurious cylinder cleaner must be capable of doing all the cleaning tasks or handheld steam cleaner and mops and combined.
How much Do Best Steam Cleaner UK Cost?
You may locate the Best Buy steam mop for smaller than £50 and the Best Deal 2-in-1 steam cleaner for less than £100. More so, cylinder steam cleaner may cost as high as £260; however, there are some not-so-famous brands that work well for as low as £60. Handheld cleaners may have the lowest price with units available amounting to a less than £20; however, you may also spend a bit higher on a £50 choice. Actually, prices may not guarantee the unit’s quality so you must always research or read on the review before you choose what to purchase.
Shark, Bissell steam mop, Vax, Pifco steam mop, Russell Hobbs and Morphy Richards are amidst the famous brands which makes best steam cleaners, supplying them to stores such as John Lewis, Argos and several supermarkets that sells them in their home improvement department. Most of these cleaners can also be purchased online like the ones reviewed in this site so far.
Best Steam Cleaner UK Accessories
The usual cleaner attachments permit you to deal with other steam cleaning tasks inside your home such as refreshing clothes, cleaning windows and even cleaning your car’s interior. However, it is also essential to have these other accessories :
- Cleaning pads meant for wiping down flat surfaces.
- Squeegee meant for glass cleaning.
- Tool for Upholstery, which makes refreshing fabric and treating stains much more easily. It usually consists of a squeegee or a brush with a pad or cloth equipped on its top.
- Scrubbing pad, which makes work light when getting rid of the greases from your ovens.
- Scrubbing brush, which eliminates nested grime from your tiles and grout.
You may sometimes come across some units which may include a built-in dispenser for detergents. However, these kinds of models were not yet proven to clean better and fact that purchasing its refill detergent might add up to your initial costing.
Features You Must Consider
The cleaning time, heat up and capacities are all essential features to look out for. The heat up period included in the unit’s specification applies to how long it takes to achieve the mode of producing pressure, which may depend on the machine of the unit’s total capacity. Handheld cleaners are easy-to-use and very lightweight but do not produces steam for a long period of time. Mops are quickly to achieve its desired heating level compared to cylinder cleaners; more so, the fastest amongst the cleaners have been proved to heat up in just less than 20 seconds.
It is also valuable to check how many other added accessories that are meant for its added features.
The cleaning period refers to how much time you may utilize the cleaner with constant steam before you need to refill it with water again. Handheld cleaners usually have small water tanks wherein it can only produce steam for lesser time and requires you to refill it more often.
Higher Steam Input?
The basic steam input is usually measured in grams per minute. This basically means that the higher the number, the more impressive the jetting pressure it can produce. It will be worth thinking that units that may propose a higher pressure outputs may often than not leave your surfaces the wettest in the cleaning process.
That is all about the best steam cleaners; we hope you get time to move around our site, read reviews and expert opinions to find out which is the product that fits your needs.