If you are looking for the best steam mop for wooden floors; you need one with variable control setting, decent cord length and a sizeable tank that can give you at least 15 minutes continuous cleaning is a good fit.
Wooden floors can be damaged by excessive water residue. That is why you need a mop with variable steam control.
You also want a steam mop that has a control setting trigger so that when cleaning, you will manage the release of steam to your floors by pressing the trigger. For best results, clean using short bursts of vapour followed by dry passes. This way, your floors dry quicker, in less than 3 minutes and there are no water residues or wet floors.
The following four best steam mops for wooden floors are in our expert opinion worth it.
4 Best Steam Mops for Wooden Floors UK 2017
The Vax s86 sf c steam fresh combi hat has 360 degrees swivel steering, variable steam control and 8 meter cord length. It has a 16 piece accessory kits that can be used to clean 15 different parts of your house. It comes with a 2 year manufacturer guarantee and is quite sturdy. It weighs 3.5 kgs. This steam cleaner has consistently topped the best selling steam cleaners’ charts in all shopping portals in the UK.
#2: H2O X5 Steam Mop
The H20 X 5 Steam Mop (white) is a versatile steam mop cleaner that can clean both floors, windows, upholstery, kitchen worktops and carpets. It is powered by a 1300 motor watt that heats up in 30 seconds to give you between 15-20 minutes of continuous cleaning.
H20 X5: Benefits of buying it:
- It runs on a 1500 watt motor that heats up in 30 seconds to give you between 20-25 minutes cleaning time.
- It can clean an entire standard room without need to refill the tank. This will help you build on the momentum you generate as you clean.
- The thane TV x5 is fitted with 4 levels of variable floor setting (low, medium, high, very high). This is ideal for deep cleaning. It means you can tackle anything with this steam mop cleaner.
- For greasy surfaces like oven/grills, just whip the high setting and all the grease gives way to leave your appliances looking like new again.
- It is quite light, it weighs only 2.5 kgs
- It kills 99% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces.
- It currently has high customer star rating (4.3 stars). 88%of the people who have purchased this best floor steam cleaner are very happy with its performance.
What You May Want to Know about the X5 Mop
- Previous makes of the Thane x5 were quite fiddly but the manufacturer has since improved the h20 x5 and now have a robust and sturdy steam cleaner- the red X5 Mop.
- The power cord of the x5 is not as long (5m) as that of Vax fresh combi (8m).
- You will have to occasionally de-scale it to stop limescale from building up.
The Shark Lift Away with a dual head floor mop. It has a control setting trigger and a 3 step variable control system. It is a top rated steam cleaner that has received awards by consumer research giants like Good Housekeeping.
The Black & Decker FSMH1621-GB Auto select Multi-Floor 7-in-1 steam mop is a solid multifunctional steam cleaner. It has intuitive smart control setting that is factory fitted for most delicate flooring like wooden flooring. It is quite suitable for wooden floors.
- It has a steam burst function for spot cleaning tough stains
- It comes with an easy detachable versatile handheld steamer for your overall cleaning.
- Variable nozzle that allows you to adjust the amount of vapour even on your handheld steamer. If you are cleaning oily surfaces, blast high steam to break down the greasy dirt.
- It comes with a flexible hose so that you don’t have to bend when mopping.
- An illuminated water tank to allow you to monitor the water level for refilling
- The 7 in 1 also comes with window cleaner
The 7 in 1 Black and Decker steam mop is a sure good investment. It is reliable and quite effective when used properly.
There have been instances of the mop not producing vapour. If this happens especially when quite knew. You should conclude straight up that you received a faulty mop. This does happen with many products. If this happens to you be sure to call the manufacturer or even Amazon who will happily give you a replacement.
Basically, with due care, any good steam mop with variable control setting should be fine for wooden flooring.You may want to stay away from steam mops that have a conituous “on” button because you can easily release too much water vapour that can leave your floors wet.Wet floors are not good for hard wood surfaces.
The key really to having success when cleaning wooden floors with the 7-in-1 steam mop is to clean on very low pressure.
High pressure means that when the vapour condenses, the floor will be left wet. You don’t want wetness on wooden floor; the water will affect the flooring. The high steam pressure can make the floor to bulk and damage your floors.