Steam Mop on Laminate Floors
Thanks to technological advancement in the steam mop industry; there are now a number of steam mops that comfortably clean laminate flooring without the risk of ever damaging laminate flooring. In general if you can lay your hands on a steam mop that allows you to control the amount of steam released on your laminate floor then you are in good company.
However, the only issue is that some steam mops are too economical with their use of the variable steam function. Some only give you only two options; high and low steam. This might be good but wouldn’t be better if you got a steam mop that actually tells you without mincing words that on this dial, button or temperature level you can steam clean your laminate floors with confidence?
Well you are in for a treat because some top notch steam cleaning company have specifically taken the challenge to face head on the issue of how to clean laminate floors and come up with the best way to clean laminate floors. Enter steam mops for laminate floors.
There are quite a good number of best steam mop for laminate floors UK 2017 that are factory set to work perfectly on laminate flooring. Here are the 5 top rated, best steam mops for laminate floors UK 2017 however, note that:
Laminate floors are delicate and should be cleaned with gentle steam. Ideally, the microfibre pad should feel like a damp cloth when cleaning laminate floors; hence you should always adjust the steam mob variable control setting to low settings when cleaning laminate floors.
Top 5 Best Steam Mops For Laminate Floors 2018 UK
The Vax steam mop s86 sf c clinches the crown not only because it has won prestigious awards like the 2014 Which best buy award but also because it is reliable efficient and durable. It is our #1 best steam mop uk.
It is quite sturdy and can be detached into a nifty handheld cleaner that literally turns it into a cleaning system. It feature steam control setting that allow you to adjust the amount of steam released depending on the floor type.
For cleaning laminate flooring always adjust the steam cleaner to low setting.
The Thane H20 x5 hd steam mop is the new exciting entry into the steam mop market in the UK. It is not only sleek and stylish but also tackles all dirt and grime effortlessly. It has been made with the customer in mind. This cleaner will sure bring fun back into your cleaning chores. Here are some of the tantalising features of the H20 HD.
360 degrees swivel head steering floor head that is wide enough to cover an entire room in a few strokes. The swivel head will navigate tight spaces like under furniture effortlessly.
H20 HD Sleek Multipurpose Cleaner.
- It has a sturdy foldable handle for easy storage.
- It is fitted with an in-built water filter to enable you use ordinary tap water without risking your cleaner clogging/damage.
- A quick release removal water tank (450ml) for easy refilling.
- Smart variable steam control to enable you clean all floor types including linoleum, ceramic, marble, parquet and sealed hardwood.
- Ability to deodorise and freshen your carpets with the carpet glider.
- High motor power for quick heat up time that helps you complete your cleaning task in less time.
- Its fully accessorised to clean all parts of of the house including windows, grouting, crevices and car alloy wheels.
This cleaner is a sure revelation that has generated quite some buzz in the steam cleaning industry.
The Morphy Richards 15 in 1 steam cleaner just like the Vax steam fresh combi. Here are some of its key features that make it stand above the rest.
- An illuminated floorhead that beams light to your surfaces to show you how well you have cleaned. This is crucial especially in tight spaces like under sofas or beds.
- A vibrating floorhead that agitates embedded caked in dirt.
- Ability to effortless clean fifteen parts/ places in your houses including a steam window washer, a carpet glider and upholstery. It is fully accessorised and customizable.
- A slinged easily detachable handheld cleaner for ease of use.
- Two years guarantee when you register your Morphy Richards steam cleaner Luna Plus With the manufacturer’s’ website.
- Illuminated water tank.This cleaner not only has bells and rings but also cleans a treat. It will surely keep your domestic spaces spectacularly clean.
The Morphy Richards Luna also comes close to the Morphy Richards 12 in 1 steam cleaner in its build and feel.
The Bissell steam mop vac and steam, model number 11327 is the first of its kind with the ability to vacuum and steam simultaneously, thereby cutting the time for cleaning by half; or do each of the tasks independently.
- It is considerably easy to use, and
- It cleans and disinfects hard floors in a short time.
- Using its foot-release tray, you can easily change between the scrubby and the gentle microfiber pads.
- The Vac & Steam has also got an adjustable handle which includes an ergonomically designed grip.
- Its handle brings the controls straight to your fingerprints such that it is easy for you to choose high or low steam
- You only have to fill the tank with water, plug the cleaner into power, and within 30 seconds you will be good to go.
- The cyclonic action of the vacuum can capture even the finest dust. Avoid touching the dirt’s easy-to-empty dirt collection tank.
Other features and Specifications of Bissell steam and vac include: Washable filter, an 8.5m cord, Weight of 4.6kg, 1500W power rating and water tank capacity of 380ml.
- The vacuum cleaner functionality is for hardfloors only not to be used on carpets
- A bit heavy to push around
- Click to read more about what Amazon Customers say about the Bissell steam vac.
The Shark steam mop s3901 lift away is also a multifunctional steamer. There is a reason why this manufacturer has sold over 15 million pieces of cleaning products. The Shark Lift away is an award winning cleaner that has been crowned by big consumer research bodies like Which? and GoodHousekeeping. Here are some compelling features of the Shark Lift Away:
- Dual sided floorhead so that you can steam clean for longer without changing the microfiber pads. This will also remove any chance of your floors streaking. Streaking is mostly cause by steaming using a dirty floor or without vacuuming. If you use one microfibre pad, chance of it being dirty even while steam cleaning are high. If is gets dirty then it compromises the kind of finish you get.
- Fully kitted accessory that includes a carpet glider and a window cleaner.
- Smart variable floor control and
- A versatile handheld cleaner.
Best Way To Clean Laminate Floors
Best way to clean laminate floors? One question that most people who have laminate flooring in their houses always ask is:
- What is the best way to clean laminate floors?
- Can use steam mops to clean them?
Without a doubt laminate flooring looks beautiful and a perfect choice for floor surfaces.
Laminate flooring is a great choice for flooring. The key question then is how to clean laminate flooring?
What is the Best Way to Clean Laminate Floors?
The key thing to caring for laminate flooring rests on avoiding water residues or extremely hot temperatures because the wood fibre underneath is sensitive to moisture. Here is why. It turns out that the glossy finish on laminate surfaces is a picture of finely textured wood cushioned by segments of wood fibreboards, a seal coat and a moisture barrier beneath it.
At least you get a sense on how delicate this floor type is. To formulate the best way to clean laminate flooring, you have to bear in mind that laminate flooring is composed of natural organic material (wood fibreboard) that is responsive to humidity and high temperatures. The only issue with laminate flooring is that they are delicate and susceptible to very high temperatures and wetness . This is why a few year back steam mops were not suited for laminate flooring because many of them produced standard high steam on floor surfaces.
How to Clean Laminate Flooring
For general daily care of your laminate floor,you need to sweep/vacuum first just like with most other flooring.
- You will need soft brushes even when you are vacuuming.
- Your floor needs tender loving care to continue giving that glossy finish that you adore. So stay away from hard brushes because they may scratch your shiny laminate and stick with soft brushes.
- Once you have vacuumed, you can now whip out your steam mop with variable steam control specifically designed for laminate flooring with microfibre pads to remove all stains and dirt.
For spot cleaning Laminate Floors
Laminate flooring comes with a laminate cleaner. For spot cleaning of stains and marks use a laminate cleaner rather than water. Using a microfiber mop, spray the laminate cleaner on the floor head with the cleaner and mop your floor to remove all dirt and stains.
It is not advisable to use wax; polish or varnish on your laminate. A good wipe with the steam mop will usually bring up the gloss that tends to be hidden when durst starts pilling up.
- Do not use soap either because it dulls the gloss of the laminate flooring finish.
- In cases of heavy stains use a laminate cleaner.
- For general maintenance wipe of spills immediately- do not let any water residue to hang around the floor. You don’t want any spills to seep under the floor because they will cause your floor to buckle or crack if not dealt with in a speedy fashion.
- Use approved floor mats on high traffic entry points to reduce the chance of particles or loose grit from getting to your laminate flooring.
Spray the stain with the laminate cleaner before steam cleaning with microfiber pad floor head. By the way you can make a homemade laminate cleaner by mixing one measurement of vinegar with three measurements of lukewarm water .Spray this mixture on the stain on your laminate floor to remove any seated stains. With vinegar, only spot clean to remove stains because the acidic nature of vinegar might dull the shiny finish of your laminate flooring.
Remove wax or gum by hardening it with ice and then scrape it with a scrapper.
You can remove wax, gum by hardening it with ice and then scrape it with a scrapper. Ordinarily a steam mop should be able to blast away all dirt and grime using the combination of high octane steaming pressure and in some cases scrubbing, but we are talking of laminate flooring that really needs tender loving attention to keep that shiny finish that is beautiful to the eye
- In case you are using a steam mop, ensure at all times that the steam mop is on low steam setting throughout your laminate cleaning.
- For stains, you can certainly spot clean with vinegar. The vinegar works a treat and does not leave any streaks granted you have used a clean microfibre pad on the floor head.
Aim to keep the floor grit and particle free especially in places of high traffic like main doorways. You can do this by vacuuming often or get the bissell vac and steam that has the ability of vac and steam at the same time. The Bissell has variable steam control and high/low steam function that should work well with laminate flooring. Needless to say that you should use the low function to avoid damaging your laminate flooring.