Best Karcher Steam Cleaner Reviews
The Karcher steam cleaner is the 2 in 1 steam cleaning machine that use steam to clean multitude of surfaces. You can use your Karcher steamer as both a floor steam cleaner for steam cleaning your floors or as a handheld steamer for steam cleaning your kitchen , windows, bathroom, tiles, mirrors, kids toys, curtains and more.
There are 5 best Karcher steam cleaners trending in the market right now: Karcher SC5, SC4, SC3, SC2, and SC1 replacing the previous models- Karcher sc1.020 and sc2.500 (See the comparison table below).
- Apart from the SC1 which is essentially a handheld cleaner with a floor extension, their cleaners are mostly cylinder cleaners that roll on wheels for increased portability and flexibility.
- The most popular Karcher steam cleaner is the medium priced all-in-one SC3. It is called all in one because its old version the Karcher SC1030 was sold with an iron attachment. The SC3 has iron functionality but the iron is sold separately.
- Although there are more advanced models like the SC4 and SC5, the Karcher SC3 gives you more or less the same power and functionality of the SC4 and SC5 for a budget friendly price.
- The thing that sets the SC4 and the SC5 apart from the SC3 is a slightly higher pressure bar. The SC4 and SC5 have a 4.1 and 4.2 pressure bar respectively while the Karcher SC3 has a 3.5 pressure bar which is decent enough to blast off caked in dirt.
- Like Vax steam cleaners, most Karcher steam cleaners come with a two year guarantee.
- The Karcher steamers use tap water and power of steam to clean and kills 99.99% of bacteria hence make them more superior to the traditional mop and bucket cleaning. No detergent required.
- To make cleaning easier; you are supplied with a number of cleaning accessories such as nozzles, brushes, floor accessory and cleaning pads.
- You can use the Karcher floor steam cleaner attachment to clean laminate, tiles, stones and any other sealed hard floors.
- For removing tough grease, stains, lime scale and moulds; Karcher steam cleaner is worth it.
- The key feature about Karcher is that their gadgets produce relatively higher pressure than other mops in the hot vapour cleaning industry. The bar average bar pressure ranges between 3-4.2 pressure bar which is sufficient to break down any deep seated dirt.
- The steam cleaners are 90% recyclable just like any other Karcher devices.
Here are our detailed top 5 Karcher steam cleaner reviews UK 2017.
Compare Karcher Steam Cleaners
|Detailed Reviews||Heat Up Time||Water Capacity (L)||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|Detailed Reviews||Heat Up Time||Water Capacity (L)||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|Karcher SC3 Steam Cleaner||30seconds||1||4.3|
|Karcher SC5 Steam Cleaner||3minutes||2||4.1|
|Karcher SC4 Steam Cleaner||4minutes||1.3||4|
|Karcher SC2 Steam Cleaner||6.5minutes||1||4.2|
|Karcher SC1 Steam Cleaner||3 minutes||0.2L||4|
Top 5 Best Karcher Steam Cleaners UK 2017
#1:Karcher SC3 Steam Cleaner Reviews
Here are some of the key features of the Karcher sc3 steam cleaner.
- Fast heat up time (30 seconds)
- One litre refillable water tank .
- You can refill on the fly as you clean without stopping or re-starting.
- The large tank gives you long continuous steam cleaning time to tackle most of your spaces without stopping to refill.
Click to read a detailed review of the Karcher sc3 steam cleaner
#2: Karcher SC5 Steam Cleaner Review
The Karcher SC5 is a high end gadget that produces high pressure bar of 4.2 bar. It is powered by a 2200 watt that heats up the 1.5 litre tank in three minutes.
- It features a non-stop refillable tank and an assortment of Karcher comfort plus tools.
- It weighs 6 kgs and has a Vapa-hydro functionality that blasts out hot vapour to dismantle and breakdown any stubborn grime or grease.
The gadgets come with a nylon round brush set of three colour coded brushes that are used to clean taps, grouting, crevices, bathroom, kitchen and many more areas in your domestic space.
Terry clothes for wiping places you have cleaned. The terry clothes are machine washable however you are better off getting Velcro which tends to last longer.
The few disadvantages about Karcher steam cleaners is that they typically have shorter power cords of 4-5 meters. This is unlike Vax that have long cables of 7-8 metres.
The round nylon brushes for detail cleaning are not very durable. However you can buy brass bristle round brushes from Karcher from Amazon or any other online shop for less than ten quid. The brass bristle brushes are sturdy and long lasting. They are ideal for steam cleaning grout and crevices.
Check the Karcher sc5 current price here on Amazon.
#3: Karcher SC4 Steam Cleaner Reviews
- It features a non-stop refillable tank and a high pressure bar of 4.1.
- It weighs 4.1 kgs and has comfort plus. Comfort plus simply means an assortment of high end accessories and features. They include a larger floor nozzle that will enable you to cover wide areas quickly and can cut your cleaning time.
- The Karcher sc4 has the cutting edge lamellae (thin layered floor tool accessory) on the face of the floor nozzle that enhances efficient use of hot vapour and the cleaning cloth .
#4:Karcher SC2 Steam Cleaner Review
The Karcher SC2 is a multifunctional cleaner that is powered by a 1500 watt motor to produce 3.2 bar hot vapour pressure to last up to 30 minutes of continuous cleaning. It has a one litre tank; enough to clean all your domestic space without refilling. It is compact and quite portable because it rolls on wheels. It only weighs 3 (kgs) it has 5 metre cable, decent enough to cover a standard room without plugging and unplugging. It has onboard storage for accessories for effortless and convenient storage.
Key Benefits of the SC2
- It comes with a safety valve to prevent your hand from being scalded by steam when opening the tank to refill. It also has a child safety lock to stop children from playing with the cleaner.
- It comes with a floor hand tool for detail cleaning
- It kills 99.9% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces.
- The 2 m hose makes it easy to clean high areas like ceiling and tight areas.
- It has steam boost functionality to release bursts for spot spot cleaning and caked in dirt.
- It has two levels of control on the handle and lockable kit for effortless handling and suitable for all types of floors from laminate, vinyl, upvc to tiles (glazed and unglazed). It can clean stone floors too
- It has a lance for cleaning difficult to reach areas.
- It has a window tool
- Carpet glider
- Upholstery tool
- It has a on demand steam trigger gun for spot cleaning and releasing bursts of steam when tackling tough stains.
- It comes with a 2 year manufacturer guarantee that covers any fault on parts that are defective. It does not cover wear and tear but only parts that are not working.
- It has a relatively short power cord in compared to other cleaners like Vax steam cleaner mops.
- You have to buy other (premium) accessories to really use this cleaner to its full potential. A full set of premium attachments cost less than 25 pounds at time of writing. Check the current price of the premium accessories.
- 1 x SC 2 Steam cleaner;
- Power nozzle;
- Cotton hand cloth
- Floor nozzle;
- Round nylon brush
- Hand tool;
- Detail nozzle;
- Cotton floor cloth
The wide selection of accessories enable you to use SC2 to cleaning anything in your domestic space-from kitchen taps, shower cubicle, worktops, windows grouting and even car tyres.
How to use:
Once you are ready to clean, fill in the water tank and seal the cap tight. After this just plug in the power-cord into a socket and two lights, one orange and the other green will turn on. Wait until the orange light turns off. This is a signal that water is heated up and is ready.
Because the SC2 pumps out decent steam (3.2 bar) which is way above ordinary steam mops, it is quite effective in cleaning grout and uneven surfaces. The power nozzle used together with the round brush produce excellent results. If you want more bang when cleaning grout, but the brass bristle round brush that cleans even better than the nylon round brush due to its sturdy bristles.The hot vapour jetting from this cleaner easily dislodges any ingrained dirt.
The Karcher SC2 is a versatile cylinder cleaner that packs in lots of hot vapour pressure 3.2 released on demand by a trigger gun. It has a variable steam control that you can manage at ease just at the palm of your hand since the controls are on both the handle and on the cylinder unit. It has on-board storage for effortless storage of all accessories. The heat safety valve and childproof lock make it secure to use.
The wide range of accessories allow you to clean almost anything in the house while the one litre tank gives you decent amount of continuous cleaning time to clean most of your domestic space. It is quite portable because it rolls on wheels and has two years manufacturer guarantee for peace of mind.
#5:The Best Karcher Handheld Steam Cleaner with a Floor Accessory – Karcher SC1
The Karcher SC1 steam cleaner is a 2 in 1 steam stick cleaner that is powered by a 1200 W motor and 0.2 litre tank that heats up in 3 minutes to give you 3 bar hot vapour pressure that can clean 20m2 space. It has an extension hose for easy access and total flexibility. It is an all round multifunctional handheld cleaner that has the capability to clean floors with the aid of a floor accessory.
Here are some of the key benefits of buying the SC1
- A multifunctional lightweight cleaner that weighs only 1.5 kgs.
- It classic variable hot pressure control that allows you to clean all types of surfaces from tiled floors (ceramics), laminate, quarry, sealed wood to plastic and upvc, taps, hobs, ovens, windows. It can also freshen upholstery, carpets and mattresses.
- A fully kitted handheld cleaner that can clean any part of your house with the use of accessories supplied.
- It comes with a safety valve to avoid the risk of heat scalding someone when opening the water tank.
- It kills 99.9% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces.
- It is highly manoeuvrable because of its highly portable nature. In essence the SC1 is a handheld cleaner with a floor mop extension.
- It has a safety lock for children to safeguard children from any harm.
- It produces sufficient 3 bar pressure that can dislodge all caked in dirt.
- The extension hose enables you to hard to reach places and all nooks and crannies.
- It has a cable clip for easy storage.
- It has a swivel steer control function on its floor head.
- The hose also allows you to clean high areas like ceilings and tight spaces.
- It has a steam trigger that gives you control on how to use hot vapour pressure. You can choose to blast off to clean stubborn stains and hold back whenever you need to.
- It has a small water tank that needs you to keep topping up frequently when cleaning large areas. However because it is lightweight and easy to navigate, you end up cleaning decent sized space within a short time.
- It has a short power cord.
- Because it is basically a handheld cleaner with a hose extension that has floor mop functionality, it is not quite portable like the Sc2 or sc3 that roll on wheels.
The SC1 easy is to handle due to its compact build. It easily accesses hard to reach places. It features a classic floor nozzle that jets sufficient pressure to effortlessly break down even the most stubborn stains.
For best results, wipe shortly after cleaning. Use a mix of jetting hot vapour pressure and dry passes. Beware that too much hot vapour will condense and turn into water that will make your floors wet.
Your best bet is to mix up hot vapour pressure and dry passes then wipe. Remember the hot vapour cleaner traps fine dirt on your floors onto the microfiber pad but has no way of sucking up the dirt. This is why in addition to vacuuming before steam cleaning; you need to wipe your surface for them to come out spectacularly clean.
Because of the variable steam setting, the SC1 can be used to clean all types of floors including laminate and ceramic. It can also be used to refresh carpets using the carpet glider function.
This cleaner comes with a two year manufacturer warranty only when used domestically. Using it for commercial activities will void the warranty.
- Power nozzle and detail nozzle: use these to clean crevices and for general detail cleaning especially kitchen tap/sink and grout.
- Round brush- used alongside power nozzle for detail cleaning.
- Cotton cloth for floors
- Hand cotton cloth.
- Steam hose and trigger- for high and low cleaning.
- Accessory bag- for effortless storage of accessory tools.
With the handheld device you can easily clean up built up soap and shampoo residue from bathroom cubicle
Window tool: attach the window tool and use it to clean your windows. Use the squeegee to wipe down the steam for streak free finish.
The 3 bar pressure released by the SC1 easily breaks down greasy grime in your ovens and hobs.
Use the carpet glider to refresh carpets.
The SC1 is a lightweight (1.5 kgs) versatile cleaner for all cleaning functions in your house. It generates 3 bar pressure that effortlessly breaks down caked in grime. It is reliable and durable. It comes with a 2 years manufacturers guarantee. Like most Karcher products the Karcher SC1 is a quality cleaner that will provide good value for money.
#6: Karcher Sc1.020 Steam Cleaner Reviews
If you are seeking for the most hygienic & environmentally friendly way of cleaning taps, surfaces, tiles, work surfaces and floors without the use of cleaning agents, the Karcher Sc1.020 is among the options that you can choose from.
Being light and compact, it’s presented as a standard with an inventive cleaning kit for floors. This Karcher Sc1.020 Cylinder Steam Cleaner has an adjustable control setting that can be used to regulate the flow of jetting pressure depending on the surface.
- Refilling the Karcher Sc1.020 when it is still hot is problematic.
- Some consumers say that the mop cloths don’t fit well to the mop head while other say that it just fit nicely.
- This Karcher Sc1.020 Steam Cleaner – Yellow is safe for use in households with kids.
- Like most cleaners, it kills 99% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces. With this cleaner you can be assured that your surfaces are clean enough for your family.
- It heats up fast, so you don’t have to wait for long to begin cleaning.
- It is easy to store and saves space due to its compact build.
- It is quite portable because it effortlessly rolls on wheels.
- It is an all round cleaner that can be used to clean most parts of your house.
- With its childproof safety lock, the steam can’t be released by accident.
#5: Karcher SC 2500 Steam Cleaner Reviews
The Karcher sc 2500 steam cleaner harnesses the power of hot vapour pressure cleaning using only tap-water. The Karcher sc2 500 steam cleaner gets rid of hard-to-remove stains from hard floors, oven hobs, upholstery, carpets, tiles as well as taps.
With its floor control setting, you can regulate the volume of vapour depending on the amount of dirt and surface that is being cleaned. Other features include: Detachable 0.8L Water Tank, Two 0.5m Extension Tubes, Round Nylon Bristle Brush, and others.
It has a short power cable.
- The Karcher steam cleaner sc 2500 Steam Mop can be used by people with allergies.
- Short heating time.
- Has a comfortable carry-handle.
#7: Karcher Sc1020 Steam Cleaner Reviews
This cheapest Karcher Sc1020 Steam Cleaner is very hygienic and an environmentally friendly equipment for cleaning tiles, taps, work surfaces, etc. Accessories include:
- a floor cleaning kit,
- detail nozzle,
- round brush as well as a hand tool.
Other accessories that come with this Karcher steam cleaner sc1020 include: Integrated funnel, Parking position, Descaler Sticks, and others.
- Makes the floor too wet when the hot vapour output isn’t kept on a lower setting.
- According to some consumers, the mopping cloths are pretty expensive for what they are.
Pros of the Sc1020
- It’s compact and light.
- Doesn’t use cleaning agents.
- Has a safety value as well as a childproof safety lock.
#.8: Karcher Steam Cleaner SC 2600 Reviews
The Karcher Sc2600 Steam Cleanerheats up in only 4 minutes when just starting to mop. It also has a floor control setting for regulating the volume of hot vapour depending on the amount of dirt and the surface that is being cleaned.
Since it can be refilled while being used, it will save you a lot of time and effort. Some of the accessories that come with it include: floor cloth, hand tool, floor tool, round brush, a detail nozzle and an iron connection facility.
- The equipment is somewhat expensive.
- The power cable is short for use in a large room.
- Need to remove all accessories before emptying the water tank.
Pros of the Karcher 2600 Steam Cleaner
- Can be used to clean a number of areas, i.e., tiles, floors, mirrors, shower screens, and many more.
- Has an on-board accessory storage.
- It’s offered with a 2-year guarantee.
Karcher Window Vac Reviews
Even though this Karcher Window Vac is 10% lighter and shorter than the previous model, its battery has a run time of 25-minutes.
With this run time, you can clean an area of up to 75 square-meters for every charge. You can use it to remove liquids from shower screens, mirrors & tiles; condensation from the windows; as well as spills from worktops and floors.
Some of the accessories that come with this Karcher Window Vac includes: a narrow suction head, a wide suction head, spray bottle, WV2 Window Vac, charger, microfiber cleaning head, instruction manual, and others.
- The battery life may not be able to do all the windows of the house.
- The manufacturer’s recommended cleaning solution is quite expensive.
Pros of the Karcher Window Vac
- It’s fast & efficient.
- Cleans and dries windows.
- Its battery maintains charge for some good time.
- Produces drip-free, streak-free cleaning results.
- Easy to assemble
Karcher SC2 Review
The Karcher SC2 can be used on floors, work surfaces, tiles, mirrors, shower screens, taps, as well as hard-to-reach nooks & crannies around the house.
It features a lamellae floor tool, an adjustable floor control setting, childproof lock, as well as an on-board accessory storage. Some of the accessories it’s sold with include: hand tool, floor nozzle, detail nozzle, cotton-hand cloth, cotton-floor cloth, power nozzle and a round nylon brush.
- Has a short cable.
- It’s costly.
- It’s small & compact.
- This Karcher SC2 kills over 99.99% of the bacteria.
Karcher SC1 vs SC2
- Though the Karcher SC1 and SC2 are multifunctional cleaners, there is a fundamental difference between them. The SC1 is basically a hand-held cleaner that has been modelled into a 2-in-1 cleaner by adding a floor head and hose.
- As a result the SC1 has a far smaller water tank of 0.2 litres that gives you between 7-8 minutes of continuous cleaning compared to the SC2 that has a sizeable 1 liter water tank that can give you up to 30 minutes of continuous cleaning.
- The SC1 is powered by 1200 watt motor that heats up in 3 minutes while the Karcher SC2 is a proper cylinder hot vapour mop that is powered by a 1600 watt that heats up in 6 minutes to give you 3.2 bar hot jetting vapour .
- The SC1 is quite lightweight (it weighs only 1.5kgs) while the SC2 weighs 3.2 kgs and rolls on wheels.
- The two are quite portable since the SC2 rolls on wheels While the SC1 is light on the hand and can be quite handy for spot for detail cleaning.
- The SC1 has a shorter power cord compared (3.8 m) compared to the Karcher SC2 that has a 5 m power cord.
Karcher SC2 vs SC3
- The Karcher SC3 is powered by a 1900 watt motor that produces 3.5 bar pressure while the SC2 has a 1600 watt that prudes 2 bar hot vapour pressure (0.3 bar pressure) less than the SC3.
- Due to the high watt motor (1900), the SC3 heats up in 30 seconds compared to the SC2 heats up in 6 minutes
- The SC3 has a refillable tank unlike the SC2
- The SC3 comes with an inbuilt descaling cartridge while the SC2 doesn’t have.
- Unlike the SC2, the Karcher SC3 has dual (two) controls for the variable steam setting one on the handle and the other on the cylinder cleaner.
- The SC3 has LED light that alerts you when the water is ready for steaming and also when the water tank is running out. The SC2 does not have this function.
Why go for Karcher Steam Mops
Karcher, the leading brand for best steam cleaners, has revolutionized the way we clean our homes by its innovative steam cleaners and window vacuums. These gadgets battle caked in dirt and grime to give your living spaces a fresh clean and gleaming finish.
The Karcher steam mops use the so called ‘slat technology’ that help save you 25% more energy that other counterpart steam mops.
Whether you are looking to steam clean your floors, removing tough grease and stains, cleaning bathrooms, moulds or those hard to reach areas; the Karcher steam cleaner is worth it.
Read More Related Posts:
- Compare Karcher Steam Cleaners
- Top 5 Best Karcher Steam Cleaners UK 2017
- #1:Karcher SC3 Steam Cleaner Reviews
- #2: Karcher SC5 Steam Cleaner Review
- #3: Karcher SC4 Steam Cleaner Reviews
- #4:Karcher SC2 Steam Cleaner Review
- #5:The Best Karcher Handheld Steam Cleaner with a Floor Accessory – Karcher SC1
- #6: Karcher Sc1.020 Steam Cleaner Reviews
- #5: Karcher SC 2500 Steam Cleaner Reviews
- #7: Karcher Sc1020 Steam Cleaner Reviews
- #.8: Karcher Steam Cleaner SC 2600 Reviews
- Karcher Window Vac Reviews
- Karcher SC2 Review
- Karcher SC1 vs SC2
- Karcher SC2 vs SC3
- Why go for Karcher Steam Mops