Apart from the Karcher SC1 which is essentially a handheld cleaner with a floor extension, Karcher steam cleaners are mostly cylinder cleaners that roll on wheels for increased portability and flexibility.
- Like Vax steam cleaners, most Karcher steamers come with a two year guarantee.
- The steam cleaners use tap water and power of steam to clean and kills 99.99% of bacteria hence make them more superior to the traditional mop and bucket cleaning. No detergent required.
- To make cleaning easier; you are supplied with a number of cleaning accessories such as nozzles, brushes, floor accessory and cleaning pads.
- You can use the Karcher floor steam cleaner attachment to clean laminate, tiles, stones and any other sealed hard floors.
- For removing tough grease, stains, lime scale and moulds; Karcher steam cleaner is worth it.
- The key feature about Karcher is that their gadgets produce relatively higher pressure than other mops in the hot vapour cleaning industry. The bar average bar pressure ranges between 3-4.2 pressure bar which is sufficient to break down any deep seated dirt.
- The steam cleaners are 90% recyclable just like any other Karcher devices.
Best Karcher Steam Cleaner Reviews
#1:Karcher SC3 Steam Cleaner Reviews
Karcher SC3 is powered by a 1900 watt that heats up the 1 litre refillable tank in 30 seconds to produce hot vapour enough to clean continuously for at least 30 minutes
- It comes with a descaling cartridge filter to protect your cleaner from corroding (clogging up with lime scale). Corroding is quite common in hard water regions. The filter also ensures that you get high pressure vapour.
- It has a refillable tank that enables you to refill your tank on the go without stopping the cleaner. This gives you seamless cleaning time so that you can clean your entire home without interruptions of switching the cleaner off as other ordinary cleaner do when refilling water into the tank.
- It has both a heat valve (to protect you from scalding when opening the hot vapour tank) and a childproof safety lock to avoid any hazard.
- It has a LED light that signals when the cleaner is ready to be used.
- It has a trigger gun that can release bursts of hot vapour to clean tough stains when triggered.
- It comes with a wide range of accessories to tackle all areas in your home.
- It produces 3.5 bar pressure. Sufficient enough to dismantle any caked in dirt. Perfect for deep cleaning.
- It has a two meter hose that will enable you to clean high areas like ceilings and tight spaces.
- It is quite portable and compact. It rolls on wheels
- Like most cleaners the SC3 has variable floor control that will enable to you to regulate the amount of heat released to your floors. This enables you to clean different floor types by just adjusting the control setting.
- Detail nozzle and round brush that can clean all crevices, crannies and cronies. It is also perfect for cleaning grout. For even more better results, hook yourself with the round brass brush from Karcher that is sold separately.
- Power nozzle which works well with the round brush to agitate all dirt away.
- Automatic descaling cartridge that filters all lime scale away from your cleaner and stops it from clogging up. This in effect elongates the life of your cleaner and makes it more durable.
- Cotton floor cloth and hand cloth for wiping your surfaces to give them a gleaming finish.
- To get even more from your cleaner, check out extra attachments that are compatible with all cleaners by this manufacturer.
This cleaner is a good fit for everyday domestic cleaning tasks. There are no hold-ups as you wait for the water to turn into steam. This happens in only 30 seconds unlike other cylinder cleaners that take between 3-12 minutes to be ready to jet out hot vapour.
It is quite good at clearing build up soap residues in shower cubicle.
The water tank is refillable on the go for convenience and ease of use. This will also save you time in the long run. The lime scale filter makes your cleaner to perform at optimum levels.
The comfort floor tool has a two metres hose that enables to clean high and low areas.
The LED display alerts you when the water tank is heated and ready for cleaning. It also notifies you when the tank is about to run empty so that you can refill it without interrupting your cleaning.
It has on-board storage for effortless storage of accessories.
- Some of the power accessories like the round brass brush have to be bought separately.
- Only two terry clothes are supplied when you buy this cleaner.
- The jetting pressure drops a bit if you continually press the trigger.
- It is small and compact with onboard tools which keep everything neat and tidy.
- The quick heat up time (30 seconds) enables to switch on and off when you want. You can choose to switch off while cleaning to save electricity.
- The high pressure bar (3.5 bar) can clean all tough stains.
- It is durable due to the anti-lime scale cartridge,
- It has a manufacturers two year warrantee.
- It is lightweight and quite portable and quiet when in use.
- It is quite sturdy, easy to assemble and use.
- It can be used on all surfaces and floor types including ceilings and mattresses.
This is a high quality cylinder cleaner that is durable and effective at cleaning almost everything in your house. It comes with a two year guarantee and has so far very positive feedback from people who have already bought it. It is good value for money. We recommend it. Check its latest price here.
#2: Karcher SC5 Steam Cleaner Review
The Karcher sc5 steam cleaner is one of the few cleaners that produce continuous non-stop high pressure steam (4.2 pressure bar) while cleaning. It can be used as a steam mop and also as a handheld cleaner. This Karcher steam cleaner sc5 is a high end cleaner that comes fitted with quality features. It is a workhorse that will make any domestic cleaning task a breeze.
Key Features and Design of the Karcher SC5
- The Karcher sc5 is powered by a 2200 Watt motor that heats the massive two liters tank in 3 minutes to produces continuous jetting hot steam that can dismantle any caked in dirt.
- Vapo-hydro function; This feature enables you to release high jetting vapour with hot water to blast off any ingrained dirt. It works perfectly to clean up build up grout and soap residue in the bathroom. The Vapo-hydro function dislodges even the most stubborn dirt.
- Has twin tanks (0.5L and 1.5L). The 1.5 L tank is removable and refillable. You can re-fill it on the go for non stop cleaning.
- The SC5 has 2 liter tank that is heated up quickly by the powerful 2200W motor engine to produce nonstop vapour.
- Comes with the trademark comfort tool. The comfort tool is a light and adjustable tool that makes it easy to access awkward spaces like under heavy furniture and fixed table legs.
- Comes loaded with an assortment of accessories that make the sc5 quite versatile. You can use it to clean windows, wall tiles, mirrors, taps, hobs, extractor hood , floor cleaning, wash basin, kitchen worktops and many more.
- It has variable control settings to help you regulate the amount of pressure released on different floor types.
- Has on-board storage for effortless and convenient storage.
- The power cable of the sc5 Karcher is not retractable. It is also relatively on the shorter side of things.
- No clipping clothes on the hand held device, so the terry clothes are not well fastened when in use.
- Some customer have complained that it is hard to find replaceable micro-fiber . However you can find replacement microfiber cloths here.
The Karcher sc5 steam cleaner is easy to set up in spite of the rather detailed instructional manual. All you need to do is fix the hose to the body then attach other bits and bobs like the, floor mop cloth, nozzle and you are ready to go. Once assembled, fill up the tank with tap water and hit the on button. The 2 litre tank heats up in only 3 minutes.
The sc5 Karcher has the longest hose (2.5 m) of all the models by Karcher. It works well with the comfort tool. It has a large floor head that is designed to cover wide areas with just a few strokes.
It has a 4 meter cable cord that is easily stored in the on-board tools storage. However the extension cable is not retractable. The four meters electric cable might seem likely to be inadequate but when you factor in the 2.5 m hose, you realize that you are actually working with a radius of 6.5 meters. 6.5m is adequate to cover any standard room.
The Accessories include: Micro fiber clothe, detail nozzle, power nozzle, hand tool, floor nozzle, round nylon brush, floor nozzle and cotton cloth for wiping.
Should I Buy the Karcher SC5 Steam Cleaner ?
The Karcher sc5 is effective, versatile and reliable. It is covered with the manufacturer’s two year guarantee for peace of mind. It is currently getting good reviews in major online shopping portals.
- The sc5 Karcher is portable and weighs only 6kgs.
- Has large water tan that can be refilled on the go.
- Versatile and effective features like the vapour-hydro, on the go refilling and comfort floor tool.
- This Karcher sc5 is easy to store due to the on board tools .
#3: Karcher SC4 Steam Cleaner Reviews
The Karcher sc4 steam cleaner is yellow and grey in color, weighs 4.1kgs and has dimensions of 35 x 28 x 27 cm size. It is compact and lightweight
The Karcher steam cleaner sc4 features 2000watts motor power, 220volts, and 3.5 Bar steam pressure.
- Has two water tanks. The 2 water tanks: one detachable, another one fixed for easy filling of water and ensuring continuous steam flowing.
- With this twin tank that is detachable when the water runs out; you just need to use the detachable one to refill the other tank and the best part no waiting time to reheat again. You can also refill on the go when cleaning large spaces.
- Its water tank is see through to enable you monitor the water levels in your steamer.
- Heats up in 4 minutes to give you about 40 minutes cleaning time.
- The sc4 has a variable control setting on its handle for adjusting steam based on the type of floor you want to clean. This is handy when it comes to freshening up delicate surfaces such as laminate floors.
- It also has over-heat functionality that ensures that your cleaner will not over- heat, even when producing continuous high hot vapour pressure.
- It has a childproof lock that is useful since it prevents use of the cleaner by children; this in turn prevents accidents caused by steam being released accidentally.
- It is suitable for cleaning hard floors, showers, glasses, tiles, ovens, mirrors, tiles, and much more.
- Has on board storage facility for easy storage and convenience.
- The sc4 is designed with wheels for ease movement from one a place to another.
- Comes with a two-year guarantee.
- It has two meters hose extension to help you reach high places and tight spaces like under
- Its power cord is short (4m) hence needs you to have some extension cables around. However most standard rooms have a radius of less than 4 m, so you will be fine using it to clean a standard room.
The Karcher SC4 Steam Cleaner
The Karcher SC4 Steam Cleaner is one of the best selling steam cleaners in the market today. The sc4 heats up 4 minutes but saves you money because it uses 20% less energy than the sc3 .
The steam cleaner has a powerful engine it heats up very fast hence it saves the waiting time before cleaning starts.
It saves time as it offers a Continuous steam operation. This is enhanced by the fact that the cleaner has a Twin Tank – 0.5L Heat Tank with 0.8L Removable Feeder Tank. This is done by refilling the feeder
- The adjustable steam control is also efficient for coping with different level of surfaces and thus using this controller to adjust the steam flow.
- It has a detailed nozzle with rounded brush. This helps better in areas that are difficult to reach such as crevices.
- It’s light and easy to use; it is also child friendly due to the presence of child safety lock.
- Has 3.5 bar steam pressure for faster conversion of water into vapour.
- The sc4 Powered by a 2000 watt motor engine.
Karcher SC4 Accessories
With the sc4 you get 0.8litre water tank,
- Floor tool for mopping floor
- Hand tool for cleaning greasy surfaces like oven.
- Cleaning Cloths to be used with the floor and handy tools.
- Extension tubes and
- Detail nozzle for cleaning hard to reach areas
#4: Karcher SC2 Steam Cleaner Reviews
The Karcher SC2 is a multifunctional cleaner that is powered by a 1500 watt motor to produce 3.2 bar hot vapour pressure to last up to 30 minutes of continuous cleaning. It has a one litre tank; enough to clean all your domestic space without refilling. It is compact and quite portable because it rolls on wheels. It only weighs 3 (kgs) it has 5 metre cable, decent enough to cover a standard room without plugging and unplugging. It has onboard storage for accessories for effortless and convenient storage.
Key Benefits of the SC2
- It comes with a safety valve to prevent your hand from being scalded by steam when opening the tank to refill. It also has a child safety lock to stop children from playing with the cleaner.
- It comes with a floor hand tool for detail cleaning
- It kills 99.9% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces.
- The 2 m hose makes it easy to clean high areas like ceiling and tight areas.
- It has steam boost functionality to release bursts for spot spot cleaning and caked in dirt.
- It has two levels of control on the handle and lockable kit for effortless handling and suitable for all types of floors from laminate, vinyl, upvc to tiles (glazed and unglazed). It can clean stone floors too
- It has a lance for cleaning difficult to reach areas.
- It has a window tool
- Carpet glider
- Upholstery tool
- It has a on demand steam trigger gun for spot cleaning and releasing bursts of steam when tackling tough stains.
- It comes with a 2 year manufacturer guarantee that covers any fault on parts that are defective. It does not cover wear and tear but only parts that are not working.
- It has a relatively short power cord in compared to other cleaners like Vax steam cleaner mops.
- You have to buy other (premium) accessories to really use this cleaner to its full potential. A full set of premium attachments cost less than 25 pounds at time of writing. Check the current price of the premium accessories.
- 1 x SC 2 Steam cleaner;
- Power nozzle;
- Cotton hand cloth
- Floor nozzle;
- Round nylon brush
- Hand tool;
- Detail nozzle;
- Cotton floor cloth
The wide selection of accessories enable you to use SC2 steam cleaner to cleaning anything in your domestic space-from kitchen taps, shower cubicle, worktops, windows grouting and even car tyres.
How to use:
Once you are ready to clean, fill in the water tank and seal the cap tight. After this just plug in the power-cord into a socket and two lights, one orange and the other green will turn on. Wait until the orange light turns off. This is a signal that water is heated up and is ready.
Because the SC2 pumps out decent steam (3.2 bar) which is way above ordinary steam mops, it is quite effective in cleaning grout and uneven surfaces. The power nozzle used together with the round brush produce excellent results. If you want more bang when cleaning grout, but the brass bristle round brush that cleans even better than the nylon round brush due to its sturdy bristles.The hot vapour jetting from this cleaner easily dislodges any ingrained dirt.
The Karcher SC2 is a versatile cylinder cleaner that packs in lots of hot vapour pressure 3.2 released on demand by a trigger gun. It has a variable steam control that you can manage at ease just at the palm of your hand since the controls are on both the handle and on the cylinder unit. It has on-board storage for effortless storage of all accessories. The heat safety valve and childproof lock make it secure to use.
The wide range of accessories allow you to clean almost anything in the house while the one litre tank gives you decent amount of continuous cleaning time to clean most of your domestic space. It is quite portable because it rolls on wheels and has two years manufacturer guarantee for peace of mind.Here is the sc2 current price on Amazon
#5: Karcher SC1 Steam Cleaner Reviews
The Karcher SC1 steam cleaner is a 2 in 1 steam stick cleaner that is powered by a 1200 W motor and 0.2 litre tank that heats up in 3 minutes to give you 3 bar hot vapour pressure that can clean 20m2 space. It has an extension hose for easy access and total flexibility. It is an all round multifunctional handheld cleaner that has the capability to clean floors with the aid of a floor accessory.
Here are some of the key benefits of buying the SC1
- A multifunctional lightweight cleaner that weighs only 1.5 kgs.
- It classic variable hot pressure control that allows you to clean all types of surfaces from tiled floors (ceramics), laminate, quarry, sealed wood to plastic and upvc, taps, hobs, ovens, windows. It can also freshen upholstery, carpets and mattresses.
- A fully kitted handheld cleaner that can clean any part of your house with the use of accessories supplied.
- It comes with a safety valve to avoid the risk of heat scalding someone when opening the water tank.
- It kills 99.9% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces.
- It is highly manoeuvrable because of its highly portable nature. In essence the SC1 is a handheld cleaner with a floor mop extension.
- It has a safety lock for children to safeguard children from any harm.
- It produces sufficient 3 bar pressure that can dislodge all caked in dirt.
- The extension hose enables you to hard to reach places and all nooks and crannies.
- It has a cable clip for easy storage.
- It has a swivel steer control function on its floor head.
- The hose also allows you to clean high areas like ceilings and tight spaces.
- It has a steam trigger that gives you control on how to use hot vapour pressure. You can choose to blast off to clean stubborn stains and hold back whenever you need to.
- It has a small water tank that needs you to keep topping up frequently when cleaning large areas. However because it is lightweight and easy to navigate, you end up cleaning decent sized space within a short time.
- It has a short power cord.
- Because it is basically a handheld cleaner with a hose extension that has floor mop functionality, it is not quite portable like the Sc2 or sc3 that roll on wheels.
The SC1 easy is to handle due to its compact build. It easily accesses hard to reach places. It features a classic floor nozzle that jets sufficient pressure to effortlessly break down even the most stubborn stains.
For best results, wipe shortly after cleaning. Use a mix of jetting hot vapour pressure and dry passes. Beware that too much hot vapour will condense and turn into water that will make your floors wet.
Your best bet is to mix up hot vapour pressure and dry passes then wipe. Remember the hot vapour cleaner traps fine dirt on your floors onto the microfiber pad but has no way of sucking up the dirt. This is why in addition to vacuuming before steam cleaning; you need to wipe your surface for them to come out spectacularly clean.
Because of the variable steam setting, the SC1 can be used to clean all types of floors including laminate and ceramic. It can also be used to refresh carpets using the carpet glider function.
This cleaner comes with a two year manufacturer warranty only when used domestically. Using it for commercial activities will void the warranty.
- Power nozzle and detail nozzle: use these to clean crevices and for general detail cleaning especially kitchen tap/sink and grout.
- Round brush- used alongside power nozzle for detail cleaning.
- Cotton cloth for floors
- Hand cotton cloth.
- Steam hose and trigger- for high and low cleaning.
- Accessory bag- for effortless storage of accessory tools.
With the handheld device you can easily clean up built up soap and shampoo residue from bathroom cubicle
Window tool: attach the window tool and use it to clean your windows. Use the squeegee to wipe down the steam for streak free finish.
The 3 bar pressure released by the SC1 easily breaks down greasy grime in your ovens and hobs.
Use the carpet glider to refresh carpets.
The SC1 is a lightweight (1.5 kgs) versatile cleaner for all cleaning functions in your house. It generates 3 bar pressure that effortlessly breaks down caked in grime. It is reliable and durable. It comes with a 2 years manufacturers guarantee. Like most Karcher products the SC1 steam cleaner is a quality cleaner that will provide good value for money.
#6: Karcher Sc1.020 Steam Cleaner Reviews
If you are seeking for the most hygienic & environmentally friendly way of cleaning taps, surfaces, tiles, work surfaces and floors without the use of cleaning agents, the Karcher Sc1.020 is among the options that you can choose from.
Being light and compact, it’s presented as a standard with an inventive cleaning kit for floors. This Karcher Sc1.020 Cylinder Steam Cleaner has an adjustable control setting that can be used to regulate the flow of jetting pressure depending on the surface.
- Refilling the Karcher Sc1.020 when it is still hot is problematic.
- Some consumers say that the mop cloths don’t fit well to the mop head while other say that it just fit nicely.
- This Karcher Sc1.020 Steam Cleaner – Yellow is safe for use in households with kids.
- Like most cleaners, it kills 99% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces. With this cleaner you can be assured that your surfaces are clean enough for your family.
- It heats up fast, so you don’t have to wait for long to begin cleaning.
- It is easy to store and saves space due to its compact build.
- It is quite portable because it effortlessly rolls on wheels.
- It is an all round cleaner that can be used to clean most parts of your house.
- With its childproof safety lock, the steam can’t be released by accident.
#5: Karcher SC 2500 Steam Cleaner Reviews
The Karcher sc 2500 steam cleaner harnesses the power of hot vapour pressure cleaning using only tap-water. The Karcher sc2 500 steam cleaner gets rid of hard-to-remove stains from hard floors, oven hobs, upholstery, carpets, tiles as well as taps.
With its floor control setting, you can regulate the volume of vapour depending on the amount of dirt and surface that is being cleaned. Other features include: Detachable 0.8L Water Tank, Two 0.5m Extension Tubes, Round Nylon Bristle Brush, and others.
It has a short power cable.
- The Karcher steam cleaner sc 2500 Steam Mop can be used by people with allergies.
- Short heating time.
- Has a comfortable carry-handle.
#7: Karcher Sc1020 Steam Cleaner Reviews
This cheapest Karcher Sc1020 Steam Cleaner is very hygienic and an environmentally friendly equipment for cleaning tiles, taps, work surfaces, etc. Accessories include:
- a floor cleaning kit,
- detail nozzle,
- round brush as well as a hand tool.
Other accessories that come with this Karcher steam cleaner sc1020 include: Integrated funnel, Parking position, Descaler Sticks, and others.
- Makes the floor too wet when the hot vapour output isn’t kept on a lower setting.
- According to some consumers, the mopping cloths are pretty expensive for what they are.
Pros of the Sc1020
- It’s compact and light.
- Doesn’t use cleaning agents.
- Has a safety value as well as a childproof safety lock.
#.8: Karcher Steam Cleaner SC 2600 Reviews
The Karcher Sc2600 Steam Cleanerheats up in only 4 minutes when just starting to mop. It also has a floor control setting for regulating the volume of hot vapour depending on the amount of dirt and the surface that is being cleaned.
Since it can be refilled while being used, it will save you a lot of time and effort. Some of the accessories that come with it include: floor cloth, hand tool, floor tool, round brush, a detail nozzle and an iron connection facility.
- The equipment is somewhat expensive.
- The power cable is short for use in a large room.
- Need to remove all accessories before emptying the water tank.
Pros of the Karcher 2600 Steam Cleaner
- Can be used to clean a number of areas, i.e., tiles, floors, mirrors, shower screens, and many more.
- Has an on-board accessory storage.
- It’s offered with a 2-year guarantee.
Karcher Window Vac Reviews
Even though this Karcher Window Vac is 10% lighter and shorter than the previous model, its battery has a run time of 25-minutes.
With this run time, you can clean an area of up to 75 square-meters for every charge. You can use it to remove liquids from shower screens, mirrors & tiles; condensation from the windows; as well as spills from worktops and floors.
Some of the accessories that come with this Karcher Window Vac includes: a narrow suction head, a wide suction head, spray bottle, WV2 Window Vac, charger, microfiber cleaning head, instruction manual, and others.
- The battery life may not be able to do all the windows of the house.
- The manufacturer’s recommended cleaning solution is quite expensive.
Pros of the Karcher Window Vac
- It’s fast & efficient.
- Cleans and dries windows.
- Its battery maintains charge for some good time.
- Produces drip-free, streak-free cleaning results.
- Easy to assemble
Check latest Christmas steam cleaner deals UK 2017.
- Best Karcher Steam Cleaner Reviews
- #1:Karcher SC3 Steam Cleaner Reviews
- Key features
- Accessories Include:
- #2: Karcher SC5 Steam Cleaner Review
- #3: Karcher SC4 Steam Cleaner Reviews
- #4: Karcher SC2 Steam Cleaner Reviews
- Key Benefits of the SC2
- Accessories include:
- #5: Karcher SC1 Steam Cleaner Reviews
- Here are some of the key benefits of buying the SC1
- Accessories include:
- #6: Karcher Sc1.020 Steam Cleaner Reviews
- #5: Karcher SC 2500 Steam Cleaner Reviews
- #7: Karcher Sc1020 Steam Cleaner Reviews
- #.8: Karcher Steam Cleaner SC 2600 Reviews
- Karcher Window Vac Reviews