Vax Steam Mop Reviews : Which is the Best?
The Vax Steam Mop Reviews UK 2017: When comes to best steam mops; Vax is the leading brand. Its steam mops are receiving rave reviews in major online shopping stores like Amazon. (See the comparison table for the top 5 Vax steam cleaners)
The great thing about the Vax steam mops is that they properly sanitise your surfaces and leave them bacteria free and dry your floors very quickly compared to other steamers in the market.
They are also environmentally friendly and give your surfaces a fresh scent. They break down stubborn grime and grease that refuses to go with traditional cleaning. And above all; they dry your floors very quickly compares to other steamers in the UK Market.
Here are the 5 Best Vax steam mops & cleaners of 2017!
5 Best Vax Steam Mops & Cleaners UK 2017
#1:Vax Steam Fresh Combi 15 in 1 S86 SF C Steam Cleaner
The Vax steam fresh combi 15 in 1 s86 sf c steam cleaner is one of the top 3 Amazon best selling steam mops and steam cleaners UK 2017.
This Vax steam mop s86 sf c steam fresh combi tops our best list simply because of its solid versatility, reliability and functionality.
The consumer giant “Which” awarded, it as the best steam mop 2014.
- As the name suggests Fresh Combi is a combination of an electric mop and handheld cleaner that uses the fresh specially designed detergents.
- It can tackle 15 different tasks that include grouting, tiles, hobs and cleaning taps.
- It comes with a 10 piece accessory kit including a handheld cleaner.
- It features a triangular head fitted with special scrub that breaks down stubborn and deep seated dirt.
- The Vax s86 comes with a lovely fresh detergent that will not only clean your surfaces better than ordinary standard cleaning gadgets but also leave your floors germ free for seven days.
- The 15 in 1 is compact, easy to use and have good mix of attachments that can even break tough stains in the oven.
- Good for cleaning floors
- Floor dries quickly upon using it
- The unit looks good
- You also get 3 microfibre pads, a specially designed detergent and a standard two year warrantee.
Its handheld device is a bit heavy weighing about 1.6 kg and you need to use 2 hands for it to work (one hand for holding the on/off button and the other one for cleaning eg windows, ovens, sinks etc)
Make no mistake; the 15 in 1 steam fresh combi is sturdy, reliable and effective. It does not come as a surprise when the manufacturer offers you a no questions asked two years guarantee.Get The Steam fresh combi here
#2: Vax 10 in 1 Steam Cleaner
Then there is the Vax 10 in 1 steam cleaner, S86-SF-CC Steam Fresh Combi Classic . This is an all round gadget that can clean grout, hobs, ovens and all types of sealed hard floors. It is a truly phenomenal cleaner.
- The 10 in 1 comes with a detachable hand held cleaner with a number of accessories to transform the cleaner into a complete cleaning system.
- It is powered by a 1600w motor that heats up in 20 seconds to give you 15 minutes steaming time.
- It has variable floor control with an overheat protection technology to protect your floors from damage.
- It weighs only 3.7 Kgs and uses a specially designed detergent that leaves your surfaces with a flagrant spring scent.
- It’s a bit heavy weighing about 3.7kg
- Easy to use and set up
- Comes with 2 years warranty
- Has variable steam floor control settings
#3: Vax Steam Mop S7 2 in 1 Upright and Handheld Steam Cleaner
Well, looks like the Vax steam mop s7 2 in 1 upright and handheld steam cleanerhas pipped others to claim the third best and cheapest Vax mop.
It has topped the bestseller list for the last two years. A testament of how popular and reliable it is.
Some of the negative feedback from customers include:
- Short steaming time that forces you to stop to refill the tank when you have already gathered momentum. The water tank of Vax S7 only gives you 12 minutes while the fresh combi will give you up to 20 minutes cleaning time
- It does not have cool features like swivel steering floor head or scrubber.
- It has a slightly shorter power cord (7m) while the 15 in 1 s86-sf-c has 8m.
- The S7 can only clean up to 7 places in the house compared to the S86 that can complete 15 different cleaning tasks in the house.
- Instructions in the user manual supplied with the cleaner are vague.
The good thing with the Vax Steam S7 is that you get trappings of top-range cleaners for a fraction of the cost.
- This total home master is currently selling for under£40.
- You get a durable and versatile cleaner that comes with a 2 year manufacturer guarantee.
- It is a lightweight 2 in 1 cleaner that can clean most places in the house. It weighs only 2.7 kgs. So it will be easy for you to clean effortlessly.
- It has a shoulder strap for the handheld cleaner for ease of use. This frees your two hands to clean effectively.
- It runs on a powerful motor for overall efficiency and quick heat up time. Ideal for you clean on the go.
- The power cord is of decent length 7 meters, enough radius for you to cover your domestic spaces without plugging/unplugging.
- It runs on a 1600 watt motor that heats up in 30 seconds to give you 12 minutes continuous cleaning time.
- It has a 0.4 litre tank and a 7m power cord. And,
- It is multifunctional and can accomplish seven cleaning tasks.
#4: Vax S2S-1 Bare Floor Pro Steam Mop
The Vax s2s-1 bare floor pro steam mop is a robust steam mop with clever technological additions like swivel steering, variable floor setting and a triangular floor cleaner that reach awkward places like corners and table legs.
- It has a standard 8 meter cable that is always nice when cleaning because you won’t have to keep on plugging and unplugging your power cable.
- It produces jetting hot vapour in only 15 seconds to provide your power cleaning for 30 minutes. More than average cleaners.
Like most cleaners by this manufacturer, this Vax Bare Floor Pro Steam Mop comes with twin tank technology and trademark detergents that not only help to clean better than when using only hot jetting vapour but also gives your surface a fresh spring fragrance.
#5:Vax S86 SF P Steam Fresh Pet Upright Steam Cleaner
Vax also has a cleaner specially designed for pet owners: the Vax s86 sf p steam fresh pet upright steam cleaner. This cleaner features a pet pad that removes all pet hair from your surfaces. It also has a considerably longer cleaning time (30 minutes). The defining feature of this cleaner is the pet pad that is specially designed to remove even the tiniest pet fur from your surfaces. However it does not have a handheld cleaner. It has a scrubber and steam burst functionality for caked in dirt and tough stains.
Some of their latest floor steamers include
The multifunctional Vax S84-W7-P Steam Fresh Power Plus Steam Cleaner that comes with a 360 degrees handheld tool to enable you clean all crevices. Other key features are a compact brush and steam boost for tough stains. Like most mops it comes with a long power-cord for easy navigation in your domestic spaces.
Vax S85-SF-R Steam Fresh Power Multifunction Steam Cleaner: This is marketed as a 3 in 1 cleaner which is a step ahead of the pack in the hot vapour cleaning market in which 2 in 1 cleaners are the most common.
The three in one comprises of a dedicated floor cleaner, a nifty fully kitted handheld cleaner and a reach wand for all those high spaces like ceiling and tight spaces like under furniture fittings. So far the S85-SF-R has emerged as the best seller in the steam cleaning range. Other key features are compact brush and steam boost for ingrained dirt, a wide range of accessories for clean any place in your domestic space and variable floor control on the handle for ease of control.
The other high end best seller is theSteam Fresh Combi Multifunction 15-in-1 Steam Cleaner S86-SF-C which has worn awards from consumer research bodies like Which?
In spite of newer versions, the Vax S86-SF-C fresh combi continues to be a favourite among consumers. It is a best seller in major outlets in the UK like Amazon and Argos.
So what is different between the s86 sf c and the newer version Vax S85-SF-R and the S84-W7-P?
The key difference is that the newer version has a wand to help reach tight spaces and high ceilings. The wand can be used with a host of accessories like the window cleaner (squeegee) or hard bristle grout brush to clean high windows and grout in tight spaces.
The Vax Steam Fresh Power Plus Steam Cleaner S84-W7-P has a 360 degree handheld tool that enables you to clean from any angle. The newer versions have an extra steam boost to enable you tackle tough stains and dirt. Unlike the 15 in 1 the fresh power and the Vax fresh power plus have a wall mount function because they are not as free standing as the Vax 15 in 1.
The other set of floor cleaners produced by Vax are cylinder cleaners: The <a href=”http://www.beststeammop.co.uk/vax-s6s-home-pro-compact-steam-cleaner-reviews/”>Vax Home Pro Compact Steam Cleaner S6S</a> and Vax S5 Kitchen and Bathroom Master Compact Steam Cleaner. Typically these cylinder cleaners are quite portable because they roll on wheels.
They also have onboard accessory storage kit and a larger water tank than standing cleaners which also gives longer continuous cleaning time than stick hot vapour mops and cleaners.
The key difference between the Vax S5 and Vax S6 is that the S5 is more compact and has a slightly smaller water tank. It also has fewer accessories compared to the S6. While the S6 has 20 accessory tool kit for all kinds of cleaning the S5 has only 16. The S6 gives you 40 minutes continuous cleaning time while the S5 gives you only 30 minutes continuous cleaning time.
Vax Steam Mop Detergent
Cleaners do an effective job of cleaning floors. They kill 99.9% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces without chemicals. What is even better is that with the specialized Vax steam detergent that is supplied when you buy a new cleaner, your gadget will clean 37% better than most cleaners. After your detergent runs out; you can order more from Amazon UK.
- Use only Vax detergent as they are specially designed to work with your gadget. Other detergents or even worse bleach may damage your cleaner; they weaken the fibres.
- The Vax steam cleaner detergent comes in different scent (citrus burst, lime zest, ocean breeze and spring), sizes (500ml and 1litre) and uses (for pets, and for standard use); which one to buy? Click the link above to find out.
- Fill the water to the max level and top up the cleaning solution.
- You can turn the detergent on or off depending on the needs of your floors.
- Spread the floor head up and down while cleaning without leaving the cleaner at one spot for longs spells to avoid damage to your floors.
- Your floor is guaranteed to be germs free for 7 days after using the detergent hence save money this way by remembering to use the detergent only after every 7 days instead of using it daily unless necessary.
- Empty the water tank after use. Dry it with a dry cloth to avoid any moisture settling in the tank.
- Generally tidy up the whole gadget to remove any moisture and store it in an upright position.
- You can use the cleaning solution in areas with areas with children and pets; however like anything else care should be taken for not leaving the children to play or take it.
Like every other gadget, follow the instruction manual given closely.
Vax Steam Mop Pads
The Vax steam mop pads is one of the main accessory kit that accompanies your brand new steam mop. There is cleaning pads meant for wiping down flat surfaces and scrubbing pad, which makes work light when getting rid of the greases from your ovens.
You are normally supplied with one set of cleaning pads; in case you need replacements pads, it is a good idea to order them while ordering your floor steamer.
It is important to have spare pads around because as you already know dirty pads make steamers to leave streaks on floors. When the pads are dirty the options is to either clean it before continue using it or to replace it with the clean one.
Wash the pads like you normally wash your clothes. In case the pads are not quite dirty just rinse them. It is always good to keep the pads as clean and dry before you use them as you can for a streak free finish.
Also be sure to wait till your cleaner cools down before you can remove the pads for cleaning. Most Vax microfibre cleaning pads for cleaners are machine washable.
Vax Steam Cleaners Buying Guide
Vax steam cleaners are the best and highly trending in the market right now. And Vax has the best steamer for everyone- from budget steam cleaners to high end steam mops packed with innovative technology.
Indeed a quick check on customer ratings at Amazon reveals that all the Vax mop have a rating of 4 stars and above. That means that over 80% of customers who bought their cleaners several months or even years ago are still happy with their purchase long after their buying it. With such high levels of customer satisfaction, you cannot go wrong when you decide to buy one.
In order to have a super clean finish you should be mindful that hot vapour cleaners are generally good in loosening dirt and breaking down tough grime but they are not good in collecting it. You have to wipe the area you have cleaned with a soft cloth for the best results.
To avoid wet floors you need to allow the water to heat completely by heating to the full manufacturer recommended time before you start cleaning.
While using the floor mop, use the trigger in a measured way to control the hot vapour. Apply short bursts of hot vapour and then followed by dry buffing. In case there are stubborn stains sustained application of hot vapour pressure will help breakdown tough stains.
Once you decide on which one to buy and actually get one. You can head over to manufacturer website to register your cleaner.
There is a wide range of support offered by the manufacturer. You can also get answers to some of the common questions regarding your cleaner by visiting their frequently asked questions.
All you need to do is enter your model number and hit search, you will get an array of answers that could answer your questions concerning the cleaner.
Where to Buy the Vax Steam Cleaner?
There so many places where you can buy the Vax steam cleaner ranging from the Amazon, the popular site for great customer service, quick delivery and best prices and daily deals, to eBay, manufacturers site and many more.
The links in this site will take you to either Amazon or eBay. For a quick check; here is the Amazon top 100 best selling steam mops with the Vax floor steam cleaners dominating the market.
The good thing with this brand is that it comes with a two year guarantee. However, you may need to register your cleaner at the manufacturer’s website.
In case of anything, give them a call and the customer care team will be able to resolve your problem regarding your Vax steam mop.
5 Best Vax Steam Mop Reviews |& Comparison UK 2017
|No.||Image||Product Name & Detailed Reviews||Steam Time (mins)||Heat Up Time(Sec)||Cord Length (m)||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|No.||Image||Product Name & Detailed Reviews||Steam Time (mins)||Heat Up Time(Sec)||Cord Length (m)||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|1||Vax S86-SF-C Steam Fresh Combi 15-in-1 Steam Cleaner||20||30||8||4.2|
|2||Vax S86-SF-CC Steam Fresh Combi Classic 10-in-1 Handheld and Steam Mop||20||30||7||4.3|
|3||Vax Steam Mop S7 2 In 1 Upright And Handheld Steam Cleaner||12||30||8||4.1|
|4||Vax S86SFP Steam Fresh Pet||30||20||9||4.2|
|5||Vax S2S 1 Bare Floor Pro Steam Mop||10||60||8||4.1|
- 5 Best Vax Steam Mops & Cleaners UK 2017
- Vax Steam Mop Detergent
- Vax Steam Mop Pads
- Vax Steam Cleaners Buying Guide
- Where to Buy the Vax Steam Cleaner?
- 5 Best Vax Steam Mop Reviews |& Comparison UK 2017