The h20 x5 steam cleaners were crowned by the Good housekeeping as the winner of the best buy award in 2012. It also won the 2014 award of the product of the year.
The Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaners
So what makes the h20 x5 five-in-one steam cleaner tick? Well, it is a combination of many things. The key is producing products that save customers time and provide good results. The h20 mop x5 steam cleaner has also aggressively marketed through TV infomercials. If you are a night person you have probably stumbled on a Thane steam mop TV advertisement at night or on QVC packed with a host of intuitive technology like the variable control setting that makes cleaning your floors, garment, carpets, and upholstery a breeze.
When searching for the Best H2OX5 steam cleaners; we came up with a comparison chart below to help you determine what exactly is the best steam cleaner to go for 2017.
Top 5 Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaner Reviews UK 2017
Don’t choose the color as in Thane h20x5 they mean different versions. Keep reading to the end to learn more about this.
#1. H20 HD Steam Cleaner
The H20 HD Steam Mop also referred to as the Thane H3O HD High Definition 5 in 1 Steam Mop Cleaner is a new version of the former best selling H3O X5 Steam Mop 5 in 1 Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner.
H20 HD Key Features/Pros
This h20 steam mop features a super maneuverable and extra-large 360 degrees mop head that can polish and clean large areas quickly.
- It has a built-in water filter for filtering water, thus you can use tap water without blocking the mop.
- It features a high capacity 450ml removable tank that heats up in just 25 seconds to give you 15 to 20 minutes steaming time.
- It features a three position digital steam control settings that allow adjusting the amount of steam depending on the floor type.
- It features a 6-meter long cable that allows you to an easy reach of the hard to reach areas and corners.
- It is a great tool for both large and small cleaning jobs. You can convert it to a handheld steamer from its upright position with just a flip of a switch.
- It has a foldable handle.
- It comes with a carpet glider for refreshing carpets.
- It can be utilized as a window cleaner, a handheld steamer, a carpet cleaner, a floor cleaner or even a garment steamer. All in one single machine.
- The h20 hd has an incredible heat up time of just 25 seconds and a tank capacity of 450 ml.
- if you press the off button while cleaning; you have to wait for it to heat again
- You have to buy more cleaning cloths to make the best use of hd.
The h3o hd mop has so far received 100% customer star rating. This is because, of the customers that bought and reviewed it, they praised it saying that it is the best steam mop they ever used and it does its job perfectly. The clients went ahead and praised it for its ease of use and said that it is a sturdy model.
This thane h20 x5 steam cleaner is capable of deodorising and cleaning your carpet without having to use hard chemicals or even detergents. This creates a safe and hygienic environment for you by eliminating 99% of dust mites and bedbugs. Thus, this mop is the best option that lets you save both money and time on detergents and chemicals.
You can use it as a garment steamer, a glass and window steamer, a hand-held steamer, a carpet cleaner or even a floor cleaner, this mop will help you clean your entire home with just one machine. With just tap water, you can use this device to produce super-heated steam for cleaning and you will not have to use costly chemicals or even detergents thus saving up to a few pounds. Its removable tank makes it easy to refill it and can heat up in just seconds getting you ready for cleaning faster..
H3O HD Steam Mop Expert Opinion
With fantastic features like a foldable handle, more cleaning power, a built-in water filter, a removable water tank and its sleek and new design, this h3o hd steam cleaner is the evolution and an award-winning mop. If you prefer using a multifunctional steam system for cleaning and sanitising your home, then this is the model for you. This is because with this model you will be able to clean your entire house using just one machine.
With ordinary tap water, the h20hd steam mop is will produce super-heated steam for sanitising and deodorising your house. Effective cleaning in your house has never been automated and this smart. Thanks to the Thane h20 hd steam cleaner.
I would highly recommend the H20 HD steam mop.
Additionally, this mop has been ranked #17 in the Amazon bestseller ranks among the Amazon best-sellers steam mops.
#2. H20X5 Steam Cleaner (Red)
The Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaner Red is an old version of the new sleek design; the h20 hd steam cleaner. The h20 steam cleaner does three things; It sanitizes, cleans and deodorise without the use of detergents or chemicals.
Key Features/Pros of the X5 Mop Red
The h2o steam mop red is a 5 in 1: carpet refresher, floor steam cleaner, garment fabric cleaner, window cleaner and a handheld steamer.
- It has 4 variable control settings and so it can be used on a variety of floor types by adjusting the steam amount including, marble, hardwood, granite, slate, laminate, linoleum or vinyl.
- It has a clever head that has been designed to fit tight spaces and navigate corners with its 180 degrees maneuver.
- Owing to its 1500 watt motor, the cleaner heats within 20 seconds to give you between 20-25 minutes of continuous steaming. With such decent time, you can cover a large floor area within a short duration.
- With its 400ml water tank, you only need a minimum number of refills.
- This h3o mop comes with thick fabric pads that do not wear easily, this guarantees a longer duration of service
- Comes with a carpet glider for refreshing carpets.
The H20 X5 Steam Mop has won numerous award and it has a seal of approval from the consumer research powerhouse “Good Housekeeping”. No doubt it has sold over 8000000 (8m) over the last few years.
There are a few instances where customers have complained about their purchase. Most of the issues fall under the following:
- It worked for a bit then started spitting out water
- Streaks were left on the surface/window
- It only comes with one pad, so you have to buy more when they wear out
- Ours stopped working after 18 months; we tried descaling with vinegar in vain…said one customer.
Well, these are the valid criticism of the x5 mop, however, as most reviews will note:
- Streaks will usually appear irrespective how wonderful your gadget is if the microfiber pads you use on the floor head are not clean.
- It is just like using a dirty clothe or dirty water to clean your windows and floors. It will be no surprise if your surfaces have streaks all over the place if you use a dirty clothe or water.
- As for the gadget spitting out water, that is certainly a case of having a faulty item. Just call the manufacturer and report the fault, you will be given another one.
- As for not washing carpets, well most steam cleaners only refresh carpets. This means that they will seep hot pressured vapour deep into your carpet to kill all bacteria and refresh them. Normally when you refresh the carpet, with steam, you will see a marked improvement in terms of cleanliness. The pile will look fresh, like new. That is all this gadget is meant to do. It is unrealistic to expect to get the same results as a carpet washer.
The key to getting the best out of this Thane steamer is to follow the h3o mop x5 instructions as closely as you can. For instance, the customer who complained that their x5 mop stopped working after 18 months.
Most likely they live in a hard water area and their machine tanked after 18 months of accumulated scaling.
Probably had they used iodised water as is recommended in the instructions for those who live in hard water areas, their cleaner could have lasted more than 18 months.
All in all, in spite of all the niggling issues, the h3o mop stands shoulder to shoulder with the very best steam mops in the cleaning industry.
Click here to download instruction manual.
The only difference between the Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaner Red and the green h20 mop x5 is that: the red mop is sturdier and long lasting than the first release of the green mop. I explain this later in this review.
Thane H20 X5 Steam Mop Any Good?
Overall, the Thane H2O x5 steam mop red in terms of effectiveness and efficiency is good value for money. It has received numerous commendations from customers owing to its versatility, ease of use, effectiveness and portability.
Here are some of its key benefits:
- It kills 99% of all germs and bacteria on your floors. Super hot vapour kills 99% bacteria including E.coli and Salmonella.
- Does not use chemicals, only tap water, hence no risk of allergic reactions to chemicals or expenses on buying them.
- A great value for your cash! It is easy to use hence does not require expertise to operate.
- The x5 steam cleaner is light; weighing 2.5kgs only, hence this is not your typical cumbersome machine. This means you can carry it around and work for long without exhaustion.
- It comes with a 6m long cord that makes it portable and makes it easier for you to move from one room to the next without necessarily unplugging it.
Three years ago, the green version of x5 mop received quite mixed reviews. This prompted thane, the manufacturers of h20 x5 to come up with improved products than the green x5 steam cleaner.
The improved versions are the red and white x5 steam mops. They are sturdier and more versatile than the green h2o steam cleaner.
With these improved versions, we are seeing quite positive feedback. The red X5 steamer review ratings, for instance, has 4.3 star rating out of the maximum 5 stars from 315 genuine reviews. That is pretty decent. As good as the highly rated Vax Steam Fresh Combi.
The red h2o mop x5 5-in-1 steam mop is a great machine to have. It is a great buy hence it is recommendable for every household.
- This h2o steam mop is very efficient, requires minimal costs to operate.
- It is a great value for your money with the view that it is a 5 in 1 machine.
- It is one of the easiest, most comfortable steam cleaners to operate owing to its portability, small size, and lightweight.
- In addition, it is a highly rated best steam cleaner on Amazon with 4.3 stars out of 5 that is, 86% of the customers give it a thumbs up.
#3: H20X5 Steam Cleaner (White)
Basically, the Thane h20 x5 white steam mop is an old version of the currently best selling h20 hd steam mop. It is one of the best selling steam mops that promises to clean almost everything in your house.
It is ultra portable and very light: Coming in at just 2.5kg and dimensions of about 26 x 123 x 21 cm
It has a 400ml tank that heats up in 20 seconds to give you 20 minutes of uninterrupted cleaning. Sufficient enough to cover a standard room.
- Runs on a 1200 watt motor that dislodges caked in dirt.
- It has variable steam control for adjusting steam depending on the floor type you want to clean.
- The triangular shaped head makes it easy to access awkward spaces like when cleaning corners.
- It also has a long cable of the length of around 6m which gives you a long reach.
- Comes with an easy sling that you can use to hang the handheld cleaner on your shoulders for convenient maneuverability. The sling helps you to free one hand that could have been holding the handheld.
- Can be used on any sealed surface including hardwood, laminate, marble, granite, vinyl, slate or linoleum floors, and much more just by varying the force and intensity of the steam that can be pumped out.
- This h3o mop x5 feels a bit flimsy because of its plastic body but performs well.
- Leaves floor a bit wet compared to the new version; the hd
- Have a lot of mixed reviews; some customers love it and others quite disappointed with it.
Thane H20 X5 White Steam Mop Reviews
The Thane h20 x5 white steam mop is an excellent and a convenient device which makes your job of cleaning the house very easy.
The customers who have used it have found it very satisfactory and have helped them a lot around the house. It is approved by consumer research powerhouse: Good HouseKeeping.
Over 8000000 Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaners Sold.
The Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaner 5 in 1 is one of those devices that you would really love using at home and would use it every day from the day you buy it.
So if you are in the market for an all-in-one electric mop then this product would definitely a good choice to go for.
The x5 steam mop white has 85cm extension handle that you can detach for easy storage. The long extension is also handy when it comes to cleaning hard to reach places.
Using the glider to refresh your carpets or rugs or even clean your marble floors or Garment and upholstery.
- Like most steam cleaners the h3o mop kills 99% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces.
- It is very effective and promises to remove the toughest of stains
- It comes coupled with a 6m long chord which makes it highly maneuverable around the house so that you can reach faraway places.
- It also comes with a whole lot of accessories including a few different set of nozzles for cleaning and a hose to be used as a floor steamer and a few different set of attachments to be used alongside the handheld cleaner.
An assortment of attachment that enhances the effectiveness and versatility of the h3ox5 include:
- hard bristle brush and a stainless bristle brush,
- a window and mirror cleaner head,
- a dusting and polishing head,
- a carpet glider and
- A garment steaming tool.
You can use the Thane h20 x5 white steam mop coral pads on all surfaces but beware of the fact that coral pads wear off quickly than microfiber pads. However, they are heavy duty and are more suited to high traffic areas and on tough stains or hard to clean places. For day to day cleaning of sealed hard floors, microfiber pads are the best for day to day cleaning.
#4: H20X5 Steam Cleaner (Green)
You have probably watched an infomercial about the Thane direct h3o x5 steam mop – green on TV. It is an early version of the h20 hd steam mop. The Thane h3o x5 5-in-1 steam cleaning machine – green has a lot of mixed reviews with a lot of people being disappointed with it.
H20 X5 Key Features/ Pros
The h3o x5 steam mop – green is a 5 in 1 floor steam cleaner, carpet, handheld, window and garment steamer
- It features a 400ml water tank that heats up in 25 seconds to give you 20 minutes cleaning time
- features 360 mop head that is made to fit well in hard to reach areas like tight corners
- Features 6m long cable length good enough to cover a large area.
- Powered by 1200 watts motor power.
- It is very lightweight, weighing only 2.5kg
- It can clean most flooring types including marble, linoleum, ceramic, stone, parquet, carpet and sealed hardwood floors.
- Has 4 variable control settings that can regulate the amount of steam released so that the jetting heat will not damage delicate flooring.
- Stop working after several months of use
- Leaking water
- No steam coming out
These outlined issues face most people living in hard water area due to building up of lime scale. You need to descale it at-least after every 6 months of use to make your x5 h3o mop last longer.
Once you have assembled the Thane direct h3o x5 steam mop – green , fill the tank with water and tighten the cap. Be sure to flip the on button to start releasing steam. Remember to set the variable control setting to the correct level. There are four levels on the variable floor control function: Low (1); Medium (2); High (3) and (4) setting.
The low and medium level is the most preferable when cleaning most hard floors including sealed hardwood, linoleum, ceramic marble and many more hard floors.
The high setting is suitable for refreshing rugs and carpets while the hot water setting is mainly used on the handheld cleaner when cleaning window sills, bathrooms, kitchens and even car alloy wheels. It is normal at this setting for the cleaner to jet out some water.
The steam released by this green Thane h20 x5 steam cleaner is quite hot, upwards of 120 degree centigrade and could damage your floors if you place directly on the floor. It is always good to place the mop on a cooling off stand to allow for the cleaner to cool off.
Set the x5 h3o steam mop on low heat when cleaning sensitive floor like linoleum or vinyl. In case of doubt, make reference to the manufacturer of your flooring.
Steam cleaners are made to sanitise your floor spaces and kill over 99.9% of all germs and bacteria without using any chemicals.
It is important to know that some flooring types like waxed surfaces and high gloss flooring are not suitable for steam cleaning. However the Thane h3o x5 5-in-1 steam cleaning machine – green comes with a variable control that can regulate the amount of jetting pressure released so that the jetting heat will not damage delicate flooring.
It is generally advised not to use steam cleaner on unsealed flooring.
Maintaining the Thane h3o x5 5-in-1 Steamer
Every so often, you should remove any lime scale from your Thane h3o x5 5-in-1 . The manufacturer recommends that you remove lime scale after every twenty five to fifty uses. Lime scale can damage your gadget. Clean all metal parts of the cleaner.
Make an effort to decalcify the interiors of the water tank as indicated in the user manual.
In case your cleaner is leaving puddle after you clean, select the low setting that will reduce the amount of steam released.
Microfibre Pads and Streak Free Cleaning
In case your floors are left with streaks after cleaning, there are chances that the microfibre pads used were not clean and dry.
For the best result use clean and dry pads. In case you want to replace the microfibre pads make sure the cleaner and cloth is cool then remove any debris that could have been caught in the cloth before affixing the new pad.
Look out for the microfibre to reduce chances of it being oversaturated because if it does, the handle will start flexing. Handle flexing reduces the efficiency of the X5 Mop and it will be advisable to change the cloth. The pads supplied are machine washable. It is better to just wash them without using any bleach or softener.
This Thane direct h3o x5 steam mop – green comes with a number of brushes: The round brush is made of copper and can be used to clean tough surfaces like brick flooring, metallic frames, car alloy wheels or doors made of metal.
- The soft brush made of nylon is good when cleaning smooth hard surfaces like toilets, kitchen counters and sinks.
- All these brushes can be used to clean greasy pans, hobs and ovens. Of course you can use detergents to enhance your cleaning.Be sure to fix the brushes properly for better results.
- The good thing about this thane steam mop is that you don’t have to fuss with iodised water that will add to the running cost of your cleaner. Simply use tap water without any problem.
However if you leave in a hard water area, try distilling the water to increase performance of your x5 steam mop.
What Sets Thane H20X5 Steam Cleaners Above Similar Gadgets?
The thing that really makes Thane h20 x5 steam cleaners to stand out is the assortment of scents that comes with it. The fragrances are specifically designed to get rid of all kinds of odours.
Using cutting edge technology in which the jetting pressure seeps deep down into surfaces like carpets and upholstery but yet leave them dry after a few minutes, the fragrance scented released by the x5 cleaner settles deep down on carpets/upholstery to remove all odours.
Approved by Leading Consumer Experts
Longstanding consumer experts like “Which” and the “Good Housekeeping Institute” have given Thane Steam Cleaner a rubber stamp of approval. It was crowned with the most prestigious award of being the 2014 Product of the Year, recognition for its top quality and innovation .
These consumer experts take the gadgets through paces, testing it on known tough oily and sticky stains. After the tests experts agree that this product:
- Produces a powerful pressure.
- It dries surfaces quickly without leaving water residues.
- Stands upright without the need for support.
- The cleaning clothes and micro pads fit squarely on the floor head. They effortlessly adhere to the base.
The good housekeeping Institute rated it as among the best performing in battling stubborn stains in their multifarious tests on different cleaners.
The only downside noted by these consumer experts was the relatively low cleaning time of 15 minutes.
Thane h20x5 Suitable for All Floor Types?
With the variable control setting, the thane steam cleaners can be used on most floor surfaces. All you have to do is to adjust its steam setting to the level required for your floor type.
- Ideally delicate floor types like laminate require low control setting. While for carpets you can shift its gears up.
- You can work through granite, laminate, marble, stone, linoleum. Parquet, ceramic to sealed hardwood floors by simply flipping the buttons to the appropriate setting.
Consider These Before Using Your Steamer
The jetting pressure produced can remove wax on surfaces, therefore if your floors are treated with a wax finish; you are best advised not to use your cleaner on waxed floor surfaces.
Unsealed surfaces should be avoided when using the x5 cleaner. And on top of that, the cleaner should not be left standing on heat sensitive surfaces before it cools down.
In summary, the Thane h20 x5 steam cleaner is quite popular with customers. It is widely reported that by January 2014, they had sold well over eight million steam cleaners worldwide. This is a statement of the confidence customers have in Thane steamers.
X5 Steam Cleaner Any Good?
The main allure to the mop x5 – steam cleaner 5 in 1 is that it is truly multifunctional; It is five products in one that use steam:
- a floor steamer,
- a carpet cleaner/refresher,
- a window cleaner,
- an upholstery cleaner and
- a fabric freshener.
It also uses ordinary deionized water to kill 99% of all germs on your floors. It effortlessly lifts away seated grime and bacteria. It also deodorizes your surfaces with specially formulated Thane scents that eliminate bad smell from carpets
Anatomy of the X5 Mop As Seen On TV
- The X5 mop is a 2 in 1 cleaner that easily converts into a hand cleaner.
- It uses ordinary water to produce steam that dislodges all tough stains and seated grime.
- It sanitises floors by killing 99% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces,
- It deodorises your carpets using specially designed Thane steam mop scents.
- Thane Direct X5 Steam refreshes fabrics and upholstery. It can clean literally all parts of the house from windows, floor, kitchen worktops, hobs, ovens, bathroom, shower cubicle, toilet rim, bathroom tiles, grouting and even your car alloy wheels.
The x5 steamer is lightweight (2.5 kgs) and easy to manoeuvre. It has a triangular head that easily reaches hard to access areas. It is powered by a 1200 watt motor (the new H20 HD has 1500 watt power) which heats up in 20 seconds to give you 15-20 minutes of continuous cleaning. It has a 450 ml water tank. It also features a decent power cord of 6 metres.
Accessories of the Thane Steam Cleaner
- A new standard h20 x5 steam mop comes kitted with the following accessories:
- An angled nozzle
- A round nylon brush
- A round metal brush
- A window cleaner/garment cleaner attachment
- One extension hose (85cm)
- One Super absorbent cloth for the window cleaner
- One super absorbent cloth for the duster
- One microfiber cloth for the mop head
- One duster tool attachment
H2o Steam Cleaner Reviews :Overall Review
The Thane steam mop have notched their product up. They now have an elite cleaner called H20 HD. This is a sleek cleaner that has a foldable handle, 1500 watt motor power, a built-in water filter, a removable water tank and wider angled floor head for more cleaning power and convenience.
Whichever way you look at it Thane steam mop is a compelling cleaner that is not only the first one to win the product of the year award in the 2014 steam mop category but has also sold ten million steam cleaners in the past few years.
What are your thoughts about the H20 X5 Steam Cleaners?
- The Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaners
- Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Top 5 Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaner Reviews UK 2017
- #1. H20 HD Steam Cleaner
- #2. H20X5 Steam Cleaner (Red)
- #3: H20X5 Steam Cleaner (White)
- #4: H20X5 Steam Cleaner (Green)
- What Sets Thane H20X5 Steam Cleaners Above Similar Gadgets?
- X5 Steam Cleaner Any Good?
- Anatomy of the X5 Mop As Seen On TV
- Accessories of the Thane Steam Cleaner
- H2o Steam Cleaner Reviews :Overall Review