Ever asked which is the best steam cleaner UK 2020? or what is the best steam mop in the market today? Find out answers to these questions from a review of the top-rated floor steam cleaners and mops UK 2020, selected from 44-floor steamers reviewed in this site. They are both steam mop and steam cleaner in one.
Best Selling Steam Cleaners:
- The quick and easy way to hygienically clean your...
- Kills 99.9 Percent of bacteria on your floor without...
- Also includes carpet glider for refreshing carpets....
- Suitable for use on all sealed hard floor types such as...
- Manufacturers two year guarantee
- Keep your surfaces around the home clean, the 720020...
- 9-in-1 Upright steam Mop with detachable handheld...
- Large 400 ml water capacity - meaning more cleaning...
- Instantaneous steam boiler - no waiting for the steam...
- Continuous steam and no waiting for the system to cool...
- Lightweight steam mop: Confidently clean and sanitise...
- On-demand steam control: Push to pump just the right...
- Dirt grip pads, machine-washable, reusable microfiber...
- Two years extended manufacturer warranty for complete...
- Includes: 1 x 375 ml removable water tank, 2 x dirt...
Last update on 2021-01-20 at 10:27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- The quick and easy way to hygienically clean your...
- Kills 99.9 Percent of bacteria on your floor without...
- Also includes carpet glider for refreshing carpets....
- Suitable for use on all sealed hard floor types such as...
- Manufacturers two year guarantee
- ★Nine free accessories: Tools adapt cleaner to every...
- ★Multi-surface use: Works on every surface including...
- ★Chemical free and safe: The Comforday steamer is...
- ★Powerful hot steam: Heat and pressure gets the job...
- ★Cuts through dirt: Tackle the biggest messes such as...
- Keep surfaces clean, the 720512 kills 99.9% of bacteria...
- 12 in 1 Functionality - 12 Uses Around the Home in One...
- 380ml Capacity - More Cleaning Between Refills
- Dual Use - Use in Handheld or Upright Mode Depending on...
- 5 Metre Power Cord - Allows You to Clean Further in One...
Last update on 2021-01-20 at 07:29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Transforms from a floor steam mop into a handheld steam...
- Cleans and sanitises 99.9% of common household bacteria
- Easily clean all sealed hard floors and surfaces:...
- Touch-free, double-sided cleaning power with Klik 'n’...
- Includes 5 accessories and 2 machine-washable Dirt Grip...
- STEAM CLEAN. DEGREASE. DEODORIZE. ANY SURFACE. BETTER.
- POWERFUL STEAM CLEANER: up to 275°F/135°C. Best multi...
- HEAVY-DUTY & LARGE CAPACITY: Up to 50 minutes of...
- PERFECT FOR FLOOR CLEANING: use any regular towel or...
- WARRANTY: 2 years / Lifetime on steam cleaner boiler.
- Powerful 3.5 bar super-heated steam - kills 99.99...
- Cleaning without chemicals - deep cleans your home...
- Continuous cleaning system - with a removable 0.8 Litre...
- Multifunctional accessories - includes multiple...
- No direct dirt contact - the new easy fix floor tool...
Last update on 2021-01-20 at 07:29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Steam Cleaner Reviews UK 2020
1. Karcher SC4 easyfix steam cleaner – Best overall
Our best steam cleaner UK 2020 is the Kärcher SC4 EasyFix Steam Cleaner.
It is powered by a 2000 watt motor that heats up the 800ml tank in four minutes. It features a non-stop refillable tank and a high pressure bar of 4.1. It weighs 4.1 kgs and has comfort plus.
The comfort plus is an assortment of high end accessories and features. They include a larger floor nozzle that will enable you to cover wide areas quickly and can cut your cleaning time. Cutting edge lamellae (thin layered floor tool accessory) on the face of the floor nozzle that enhances efficient use of hot vapour and the cleaning cloth.
See how the Kärcher SC4 EasyFix Steam Cleanercompares with other best Karcher steam cleaners in our detailed Karcher sc5 vs sc4 vs sc3 vs sc2 vs sc1 Steam Cleaner Reviews.
1.Shark Steam Mop [S6003UK] Klik n’ Flip – Best Steam Mop UK 2020
The Shark Steam Mop [S6003UK] Klik n’ Flip Corded Steam Pocket Mopis one of the best steam mop UK 2020 for all kinds of sealed hard floors ranging from tiles, laminate, marbles, vinyl and more. It 2.8kg and is powered by a 1200w motor.
- Variable control it comes with 3 direct steam controls including “Steam Blaster” mode, which uses Superheated steam in a direct, concentrated blast to deal with problem areas.
- The mop is said to kill 99.9% of the most common household bacteria, utilizing “Dirt Grip Technology”,
- It has double-sided microfiber pads that trap dirt and are therefore able to cover large areas without the need to change the pads.
- The item also comes with a 2 year manufacturer guarantee for extra peace of mind.
Some pros of the Shark Steam Mop S6003UK are:
- it’s long cord allowing for cleaning of large areas without needing to move the plug multiple times.
- It’s strong grip and concentrated steam allow for a good deep clean, making its mid-range price tag value for money.
- Altogether this is a good value for money steam cleaner who’s strong grip and many settings prove it to be effective at getting the job done. The two years guarantee should give you some peace of mind.
Its main con is that:
- it is slightly more expensive than the average steam mop.
- It also doesn’t have a handheld cleaner for on top cleaning.
2. Russell Hobbs RHSM1001-G Steam and Clean – Best Lightweight
The second best steam cleaner is the Russell Hobbs RHSM1001-G Steam and Clean. This is a light-weight best floor steam mop, weighing in at 1,6Kg. It has a quick 25 second heat up time and a 25 minute continuous cleaning time, allowing for a quick start but a long clean time.
Key features include:
- A tilt axis head which allows for easier manoeuvring. The machine also has an automatic shut off when upright to ensure proper safety.
- it is very easy to assemble and is also of a lighter weight, making it easy and quick to use,
- it is also on the cheaper end of the scale while still being fairly effective and competitive at getting the job done.
- It is safe to use, thanks to the auto shut off feature.
Some of its weakenesses are:
- It has no “on” and “off” button; it continuously releases steam once it is set off and only shuts off when in in an upright position. This is not a deal-breaker but obviously a bit annoying if you need to some spot cleaning.
All in all, the Russell Hobbs RHSM1001-G Steam and Clean Steam Mop is a nice, light-weight steam cleaner which is ideal for people who don’t want to blow the budget and just want something quick and easy to use, however it is still fairly basic and can be a hassle to use for larger cleans.
3. Thane H2O HD Steam Cleaner – Best MultipurposeH2O HD PRO Steam Cleaner
is produced by the manufacturers of the popular X5 mop.
Key features are:
- It has variable control setting that you can customise to clean any type of flooring in your domestic space.
- It has swivel steering handle that makes it easier to navigate tight spaces like under table legs
- It comes with a glider for carpet cleaning and its easy to store thanks to its fold-able handle. You can read more about it here.
4. Vax S86-SF-CC Steam Fresh Combi Classic – Best for Hard Floors
Vax S86-SF-CC Steam Fresh Combi Classic Multifunction Steam Mop is our fourth top recommendation. It is currently in the top ten best selling cleaners on Amazon. It comes with a 10 piece accessory kit for every cleaning job around the home from ovens and hobs to taps, tiles, grout, kitchen worktops/surfaces, and flooring.
- It features cutting-edge twin tank technology. What this means is that you will have two tanks, one for specially designed detergents and the other for water so that when you clean, your floor is left with a lovely spring scent.
- The thing that really makes this Vax Steam Fresh Combi classic a powerful is the versatile accessories kit.With the help of these accessories, you can use the cleaner to clean your kitchen worktops, cupboards, ovens, hobs, kitchen hood, grouting, tiles, windows, shower cubicle, toilet rim, car alloy wheels, upholstery, blinds and even mattresses.
- The Vaxs86 sf cc employs swivel steering technology that makes the cleaner glide effortlessly with minimal elbow grease.
- It has an angular head that easily cleans hard to access places like under/around table legs or in corners.
- You get to use specially produced trademark Vax detergent that has been scientifically been proven to clean 37% better than most ordinary vapour cleaners
- You get 2 years guarantee when you register your Vax at the manufacturer’s website. How is that for peace of mind?
- It is relatively heavy at 3.7 kgs as compared to the Vax steam mop s7 of 2.7kg
- You can only use the detergents on the floor mop and not on the handheld cleaner.
5. Moolan Steam Mop Handheld Cleaner Upright Multi Purpose
This Moolan Steam Mop Handheld Cleaner Upright Multi Purpose is a 2 in 1 that comes with a lot of accessories to help you clean most surfaces in your house, from tines to vinyl. Since it is both a cleaner and a handheld mop, you can use it clean bathroom, windows, mattress and even worktops.
- It has variable hot vapour control settings
- Can be customised to perform most cleaning task in domestic spaces
For more information check out the Moolan cleaner review here.
6. Vileda Steam Mop (UK Version) – Best for Tiles
Vileda is quite a popular brand in the UK . The [easyazon_link identifier="B00OAAE85O" locale="UK" tag="thebest01-21"]Vileda Steam Mop (UK Version), Kills 99.9% of Bacteria Without Cleaning Chemicals[/easyazon_link] is simple and effective, it can clean all types of floors from vinyl to laminate. It comes with a two-year manufacturers guarantee. Check out a more about it here
7.Vax S86-SF-C Steam Fresh Combi 15-in-1 Steam Cleaner – Best for Laminate Floors
The [easyazon_link identifier="B01E95KQNM" locale="UK" tag="thebest01-21"]Vax S86-SF-C Steam Fresh Combi 15-in-1 Steam Cleaner has consistently been in the top ten best rated steam cleaners since 2014. It comes with a 2-year guarantee and has multiple accessories to help you customise it for different cleaning tasks in your home. It can literally perform 15 different tasks including cleaning ovens and hobs, bathrooms and even windows. It is a true multi-tasker. Read a more in-depth review of the Vax S86-SF-C here
8. 10 in 1 1500W Neo® Hot Steam Mop – Best 10 in 1
The 10 in 1 1500W Neo® Hot Steam Mop Cleaner is another multi-tasking 2 in 1 steam cleaner that comes with a carpet slider. It gives you a decent 30 minutes continuous cleaning time which is sufficient to clean more than two standard rooms. It can clean both windows and upholstery. It is 20 quid cheaper than Vax Fresh combi, if you don’t mind spending 20 pounds more then I would recommend Vax Fresh combi to the 10 in 1 due to the fact that Fresh combi has a long track record of 6 years as a top-selling cleaner and is manufactured by a reputable brand. The NEO10 in 1 is not bad but I feel more comfortable recommending the Fresh Combi Classic which can also perform 10 tasks or the Vax 15 in 1. For a detailed review of the 10 in 1 Neo, check here.
9. Kärcher SC3 Easyfix
The Kärcher SC3 Easyfix is an upright steam mop, weighing in at 4.28 kg, with product dimensions of 31.4 x 20.7 x 118.5cm. The steam mop is made from a plastic material, and comes in a bright yellow color. Powered at 1600w, it has a 60 meters squared operating radius. The Kärcher SC3 is heated and ready to use in 20 seconds, and uses super=heated steam that kills 99.99% of all common household bacteria without the usage of chemicals.
What is the Best Steam Mop on the Market?
The Vax Steam Fresh Combi Multifunction 15-in-1 Steam Cleaner S86-SF-Chas worn awards from consumer research bodies like Which?
Indeed the Vax continues to be a favourite among consumers and is also the best steam mop on the market today. The Vax s86-sf-c 15 in 1 can clean up to 15 places in your domestic spaces and it comes with a host of accessories.
The Vax fresh combi s86-sf-c is an improved version of the Vax steam fresh combi classic 10 in 1 s86-sf-cc that has no variable steam control function and can only clean up to ten places in your domestic spaces compared to the Vax s86-sf-c that clean up to 15 areas in your house.
The other difference is that the Vax 10 in 1 has a slightly shorter power cord (7m) compared to the Vax 15 in 1 that has (8m).
See how this Vax s86 sf c steam fresh combi compares with other best Vax steam mop in our Vax S86-SF-C vs S86-SF CC Steam Fresh Combi Steam Mop Reviews.
What is the Best Steam Cleaner for Carpets?
The Shark S6003UK Klik n’ Flip Smartronic Deluxe is one of the best steam cleaners for carpets. It is also best for cleaning all kinds of sealed hard floors like laminate, tiles and marble floors.
Compared to other floor steamers that need the involvement of hands to remove and replace steam mops pads. With this Shark steam cleaner, life has been made a little bit easier. No more touching dirt pads to remove them. This Shark comes with two double sided cleaning pads which are easy to remove from the steamer at the click of the button. The double sided pads helps you to cover twice the floor area as when one side gets dirt, you can flip the pads at the click of the button and use another side.
- Klik n’ Flip head with two double sided cleaning pads which are easy to remove from the steamer at the click of the button. When you flip the head at the press of the button, you get a chance to use the other side of the steam mop pads enabling you to clean a large area at a time.
- Variable steam control setting (high, low and medium). It is recommended that you use low setting when cleaning laminate and hardwood floors, medium for tiles and stones and high for high traffic areas.
- steam blast mode which at the press of the button generates a concentrated steam to help remove stubborn marks and dirt
- 330ml water tank accompanied with one measuring jug
- 8m cord length same as Vax steam fresh combi helping you to clean a large area without wasting time changing socket often
- 1200watts motor that turns water into steam in 30 seconds
- Instruction manual
- No handheld steam cleaner attachment
- Does not stand upright on its own
Otherwise this Shark steam mop is easy to use; its pads are machine washable and offer good value for money compared to most steam mops in the market today.
Check the Shark S6003UK Klik n’ Flip on Amazon
Is Steam Mop Good for Laminate Floors?
Laminate floors are delicate and should be cleaned with gentle hot vapour. Ideally the microfibre pad should feel like a damp cloth when cleaning laminate floors. There are floor steam cleaners that are factory set to work perfectly on laminate flooring. Here are the 2 top rated Best steam mops for laminate floors UK.
Here are a few more quality gadgets you should consider buying for your laminate floors:
- Vax Steam Fresh Combi 15 in 1 S86-SF-C Steam Cleaner and
- Shark S6003UK Klik n’ Flip Smartronic Deluxe Steam Mop.
These floor steam cleaners have consistently received positive feedback by customers who use them day in day out. Click on the links above to find detailed analysis of these gadgets by our reviewers. The key really to having success when cleaning laminate floors with a floor steamer is to clean on very low pressure. High pressure means that when the vapour condenses, the floor will be left wet. You don’t want wetness on laminate floor; the water will affect the laminate flooring. The high hot vapour pressure can make the floor to bulk and damage your floors.
Here is the best way to clean laminate floors.
Are Steam Cleaners Good for tile floors?
Yes steam cleanerss are good for tile floors. You will find that different floor steamers are better suited to different floor types (vinyl plank floors, slate, wooden, tile, laminate, limestone, porcelain tiles/ quarry tiles, marble floors).They also come in different shapes, size, feel and look. Some of the top end floor mops are factory calibrated to work efficiently with almost all types of floor types.
Below are our recommended best steam cleaners for tiles UK 2020:
The above steam mops for tiled floors work well on ceramic tiles because of their variable floor setting.
- Typically the variable setting ranges from low mid-range to high. High setting releases high pressure steam which is ideal for deep cleaning while low is good for wiping and mopping.
- For tiles you will need mid-range variable setting for the best results. High setting will leave you tiles wettish and may take slightly longer to dry. Meanwhile for grouting, you need a gadget with hard, compact/metal brush to scrub any built up dirt away from your grout.
The Thane H20 HD steam mop features 6m power cord, 450ml water tank that heats up in 25 seconds to give you 15 minutes steaming time. and above all the hd steamer features ‘Extra large & super manoeuvrable 360° mop head’ that is suitable for cleaning large areas easily.
Which is the Best Value Steam Mop?
In case you are looking for the cheap yet best value steam mop, then have a look at these steam mops at a tight budget.
- Vax Steam Mop S7 – 2 in 1 Upright and Handheld Steam Cleaner and
- Morphy Richards 9 in 1 Steam Cleaner
Among low and medium priced home steam mops the Vax S7 Steam Cleaner is the hottest steam cleaner in the UK market right now. It is very cheap but effective in cleaning floors and other surfaces.
- It has been a bestselling cleaner in Amazon for the last two years.
- The S7 is a 2-in-1 cleaner performs as well as most pricey cleaners. The key difference is that it does not have variable floor control setting.
- It features ‘angular floor head ’ that makes it easy to clean hard to reach areas
- It is powered by 1600watts motor with 7 metre power cord
- It quite lightweight, weighing 2.7kg only
- It is of 29 x 122 x 23 cm size
- It features 400ml water tank that heat up in 20 minutes to give you 12 minutes cleaning time.
- It comes with 16 piece accessory kit plus a shoulder strap that helps to keep one hand free while using handheld steamer
- It comes with 2 years warranty for peace of mind.
- Here is what Amazon customers say about the Vax steam mop S7.
What is the Best Steam Mop and Vacuum Combo?
There is only 2 options when it comes to choosing which is the best steam mop and vacuum to buy UK 2020. It is either you go for Bissell Vac and Steam or the Abode Pro Vac and Steam (Read reviews below)
The Bissell Vac and Steam is considered one of the best steam mop and vacuum cleaner combo. As you already know before steaming with any steamer; you have to hover your floor first but with Bissell Vac no need for vacuuming first. This Bissell Steam Mop vac and steam will cut down the time you use in cleaning your floor surfaces as it is a nifty fully fledged vacuum and steam mop with ability to simultaneously vacuum and steam mop at the same time. This will save you time.
- It has adjustable handle
- Variable floor control and control for overheating
- It comes fitted with scented disks that leave your floors smelling fresh
This Bissell Vac and Steam a nifty steamer however it is mainly good for hard floors and not carpets. The suction of the vacuum though ok is not the most powerful. You may find that you still need your good old Henry vacuum for deep vacuuming of carpets.
Is Steam Cleaning Better than Shampooing Carpets?
Steam cleaners can remove immediate carpet stains. However, for deep carpet cleaning, you still need a dedicated carpet shampooer. If you are looking for the best carpet cleaner; check one of these top-rated carpet cleaners UK 2020.
Otherwise, any steamer with carpet glider/carpet attachment functionality can be used to refresh carpets. By refresh here we mean that they can actually bring up the pile and rejuvenate it by loosening surface dirt and killing germs on your carpets. This is good enough to get rid of smudges and stains on your carpets. Many people are turning to floor cleaning mops that clean with hot vapour as a quick fix to cleaning carpets. The good thing with carpet steam cleaners is that you can clean on the go.
All of the best steam cleaners covered in this article have a carpet glider for refreshing carpet. If you want the best steam cleaner for carpet You can choose either the Vax steam fresh combi, Shark or even the Vileda steam mop.
Which is Best Steam Mop for Hard Water Areas?
If you are living in hard water areas; you need to buy a floor steamer with built in water filter. With time the filter tend to darken hence the need to change it. Be sure to keep an eye on the water filter because if you forget to change the filter in time your steamer will clog and the steam will stop coming out . Having said so- Here are the 3 best steam mops for hard water areas
- Any of the Vax steam mop
- H20 HD Steam Mop
- Bissell Vac and Steam
Which is a Good Steam Mop?
There are a lot of other good steam mops out there. They are not much popular but quite good in what they do for instance the Russell Hobbs RHSM1001-G Steam and Clean Steam Mop.
The Russell Hobbs RHSM1001-G is :
- Lightweight steam mop weighing 2.3kg and of 15 x 30 x 117 cm size.
- It is powered with a 1189watts motor with 8 metre cable length.
- It features a large 380ml water tank that heats up in 15 seconds to give you 15 to 20 minutes cleaning time.
- It comes with 1 year warranty. If you register it , you get one more year guarantee. Check it here
What is the Best Steam Cleaner for Hardwood Floors 2020?
The most recommended best steam cleaner for hardwood floors is the Hoover Steamjet Steam Mop.
The Hoover Steamjet a multifunctional mop that has a nifty detachable handheld cleaner and a7 metre electricity cable cord. Enough length to reach most standard rooms. It has both rectangular and triangular floor head (double head technology). The triangular head makes you to easily access hard to reach areas like corners, table legs and tight spaces beneath furniture.
- It also has a scrubber on the floor head to aid you tackle tough and ingrained dirt.
- It has a versatile variable control that can be adjusted to regulate the hot vapour released to your floors. It is suitable for all sealed hardwood floors.
- Check it here.
Can You Steam Clean Wooden Floors?
Yes you can steam clean wooden floors. You need a steam mop with variable steam control setting, decent cord length and a sizeable tank that can give you at least 15 minutes continuous cleaning is a good fit. Wooden floors can be damaged by excessive water residue. That is why you need a mop with variable steam control.
You also want a cleaner that has a hot vapour trigger so that when cleaning, you will manage the release of hot vapour to your floors by pressing the trigger. For best results, clean using short bursts of steam followed by dry passes. This way, your floors dry quicker, in less than 3 minutes and there are no water residues or wet floors.
In our expert opinion the best steam mop for wooden floors UK 2020 is the H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Steam Mop Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner.
The H20 X5 Steam Cleaner and Mop is a versatile cleaner that can clean both floors, windows, upholstery, kitchen worktops and carpets. It is powered by a 1300 motor watt that heats up in 30 seconds to give you between 15-20 minutes of continuous cleaning.
For a detailed review of this steam cleaner, check our Thane H20 X5 steam cleaner reviews.
Which is the Best Lightweight Steam Mop?
For one reason or the other (eg. being old, have arthritis or any other reason ) you might find yourself looking for the best lightweight steam mop; and the Vax S7 is the best option to go for. The Vax S7 Steam Cleanerweighs only 2.7 kgs and it has handy cable storage on the stick. It has an angular head, variable control and 16 piece accessory attachments.
While shopping for a steam mop, keep in mind that very light models are normally designed for lightweight duty or for one particular use, for example, floor cleaning only as opposed to being used for a variety of cleaning tasks. If for example you need the steam mop to clean your upholstery and other gadgets in your house then probably the light weight models are not exactly for you. However you can get a fully functioning multipurpose steamer that weighs only 2.5 Kgs like the H2O Mop X5 5 in 1 Portable Steam Mop Multi Purpose Floor and Window Cleaner Carpet Steamer Garment Upholstery Oven Hob Steamer Upright and Hand Held Steamer Steam Jet (Red). You can tell from the accessories how much you can get from a steam mop.
Which is the Best Steam Cleaner under £50?
There are a lot of best steam cleaners under £50 and here are the leading models that you can buy with full confidence knowing that what you get is of good value for money.
- Vax s7
- Morphy Richards 720020 9-in-1 Steam Cleaner – White and
- Dirt Devil 5-in-1 Steam Cleaner, 0.33 Litre, White/Red
Where Is the Best Place to Buy a Steam Cleaner?
The best place to buy a steam cleaner is online because stores like Amazon, Ebay and others tend to have very competitive prices. You get first class customer service, fast delivery and good price. (check these top 100 Amazon best selling steam mops UK 2020) Whichever way you look at it getting the best product will give you peace of mind and of course spectacularly clean surfaces that increase the quality of life you live. Our steam cleaner reviews 2020 UK offer you the best prices in the market today.
What are the Benefits of Steam Cleaning?
There is no doubt that steam cleaners and mops are the choice of cleaning gadgets in our domestic spaces. They kill 99% of all germs and viruses on your surface. They use hot vapour only to spotlessly clean your surfaces – no harsh chemicals. Most of them can be detached into handheld cleaners and customised with different accessories to clean almost every part of your house; from your floors to windows. They are without a doubt better than traditional mop and bucket.
Are Steam Cleaners Good for Carpets?
Steam cleaners with carpet glider/carpet attachment functionality can be used to refresh carpets. By refresh here we mean that they can actually bring up the pile and rejuvenate it by loosening surface dirt and killing germs on your carpets. This is good enough to get rid of smudges and stains on your carpets. The carpets actually look newer after refreshing them with hot vapour. Many people are turning to floor cleaning mops that clean with hot vapour as a quick fix to cleaning carpets. The good thing with steam mops with a carpet glider is that you can clean on the go (Check the top rated carpet steam cleaners here). However for deep carpet cleaning, you still need a dedicated carpet cleaner.
Whenever you want to clean a large carpet area in your house, consider using a dedicated carpet cleaner. This is because they are specially designed to extract embedded dirt that are deep within the fibre without having to use high temperatures. The steam mops are also very efficient and quick whenever you want to clean large areas. They can also be effective whenever you are spot cleaning the smaller areas of your rugs and carpet.
You should, however, keep in mind that not all carpet types are suitable for cleaning using high temperature. For this reason, always test a small hidden area of your carpet before you clean it with a steamer. Most steam mops have a special carpet attachment that is also used for cleaning carpets once its large cloth is attached. A small cloth with the upholstery tool can also be used to clean your carpets if you have the hand-held steamer. To avoid your carpet holding down or even over wetting one area of your carpet, it is advisable to keep moving the tool across your carpet.
Can You Steam Clean a Mattress?
Yes. You can steam clean a mattress. The best tool to kill the dust mites and bedbugs is a steamer. The high temperatures produced by steam mops will guarantee that you will kill them.
Mattresses are well known for harbouring these dust mites. This method is highly recommended especially if people involved suffers from allergies. To clean your mattress, use the steam mop with the cloth and upholstery tool attached and make sure that you keep the tool moving over the mattress surface such that you do not over-wet the material. After steaming your mattress fully, leave your mattress lying on its side for a while (a few hours if it is possible) to ensure that it is fully dried before fitting back the bed linen.
Can You Use A Steam Mop On Vinyl Flooring? / Vinyl Planks?
Yes you can ! You will find that different steam mops are better suited to different floor types (vinyl plank floors, slate, wooden, tile, laminate, limestone, porcelain tiles/ quarry tiles, marble floors).
They also come in different shapes, size, feel and look. Some of the top end steam floor mops are factory calibrated to work efficiently with almost all types of floor types such as Vax, Shark and Karcher steam cleaners.
Can I Use Distilled Water In My Steam Cleaner?
Yes, in fact, it advisable to use distilled water especially if you live in a hard-water area. Distilled water will make your cleaner run efficiently without being clogged up by limescale that is usually prevalent in hard water.
Can I Put Vinegar in My Steam Mop?
It is not advisable to put vinegar in your mop because most vinegar (White, balsamic) is acid forming while steam mop works well with neutral liquids, specifically water so as to produce steam.
Is Steam Cleaning Effective?
Steam mops kill 99% of all germs on your surface and it dries the floor quite quickly (3-5 minutes) to leave your floors sparkling. Those with a variable setting are the most effective because the setting allows you to control the amount of steam released to the floor depending on the floor type.
Can You Use A Steam Cleaner To Clean Walls?
Can You Use A Steam Cleaner To Clean Walls? Not really because the steam might easily damage your wall especially if you have wallpaper. The steam can easily peel your paint or wallpaper if you do not control the amount of pressure released.
Can You Put Cleaner In A Steam Mop?
Yes if it is recommended by the manufacturer. For instance, Vax and Bissel steam mops use specially designed detergents by their respective manufacturers.
Can You Steam Your Suit?
Yes of course, but you will only straighten your suit, if you need sharp lines, then a traditional iron box is most recommended.
Steam Cleaner Uses: What can you do with a steam cleaner?
Steam cleaners are great and versatile tools that can be used for various cleaning tasks in your house. The mop produces high-temperature steam that is capable of lifting away grime and grease and also sanitising surfaces. These floor steamers with handheld cleaners do not use hard chemicals. They only use cleaning water and that is a great option that saves a lot of money and is also kind to the environment.
You can use your steam cleaner for:
Hard Floor Cleaning
From the bathroom floors to the tiled kitchen floors, steam mops are the best option for cleaning. This is because they help kill off the bacterial films that most detergents and cloth cannot penetrate. This will guarantee you a thoroughly done hygienic finish. The hot steam produced by the steamer is also very helpful whenever you want to clean grout in between the tiles. Most steamers have specially designed cleaning heads that you can use without the cloth and achieve the best results on the hard floors. For the best cleaning results, always keep the floor head moving and do not hold it down onto one area for long since it may damage the grout.
You can use your steam cleaner to clean your barbeque very easily. However, you need to take caution not to use it outdoors if there is a risk of raining. It is advisable to bring the barbeque to the porch area because oven steamers are not designed for use in wet weather or even the garden. To clean the barbecue, you can use the wire brush on the oven and the scraper tool to remove the burnt on food and the stubborn stains.
Hob and Oven Cleaning
Cleaning the oven can be a daunting task, especially when you are dealing with grease and spilt food. There is an option of cleaning with detergents. However, these leave your room with a strong chemical smell. A steamer is much more eco-friendly. However, be careful not to use the steam mop in your oven near the element as this may make the oven not to work. To clean your oven, first use the steam mop on high setting with a brush tool on it, and then finish cleaning using a window squeegee tool to get a streak free finish on the glass. For the metal racks, it is better to use the wire brush tool
Using your steam mop to defrost your freezer is one of the best reasons that shows what are steam mops good for. This is because, the steamers are a much safer option than using kitchen implements to remove the ice. The heat produced by the steam is also used to sterilise the surfaces. This removes the need of using chemicals or cleaning detergents to clean once the ice is removed. To defrost your freezer, first you will have to remove the drawers then place a bowl or even a bucket in the bottom of the freezer. This will be used to collect the ice then you can direct the main nozzle of your steamer on to the ice. This should melt the ice easily and in large chunks. A steamer’s scraper tool can also be used to do this job (if your steamer has one). Once you are done, you can wipe all the surfaces with a dry cloth.
Whenever you clean your windows with cloth, liquid usually run down onto the surface leaving streaks. When you use a steam window cleaner, the job done is perfect, this is because the water on the window is dried, and you achieve a streak-free cleaning. A lot of streaks come with a window cleaning squeegee that does this job perfectly. To clean your window, simply attach the window squeegee on the steam window cleaner and work methodically across the window in stripes, work from top to bottom and also overlap and change directions to avoid having a striped finish. In order to achieve the best cleaning results, try draping the microfiber cloth over the window squeegee and then use the steam window cleaner on a low setting for the first run over the window, then go over again without the cloth and on high setting on the steam window cleaner. It is recommended to place a towel at the bottom of the glass before cleaning to catch the drips.
Chair Seats and Sofas Cleaning
The upholstery tool that is on your steam mop is best suited to clean your chairs seats and sofas. To clean your sofas, just clip on this attachment and cover with the cotton cloth supplied. Apply the steam to the upholstery surface and keep it moving over the surface so that you don’t soak the sofa material. The steam mop provides sufficient heat that will kill the dust mites and also lift stains. However, before you start steaming, it is advisable to test a small hidden area of the material to ensure that your material will not run.
The upholstery tool and cloth on your steam mop can be used to clean curtains. However, it is advisable that you check the care label that is on your curtains to ensure that they are suitable for steaming.
It can be a daunting task to shift the tiny bits of grime and limescale that usually get lodged around bathroom taps and kitchen taps. A steamer can be a great tool for cleaning such areas. To clean taps, you can use the detail nozzle on the steam mop to apply much of the concentrated blast of steam, this will lift away both dirt and scale. After the steam cleaning, wipe with a clean cloth.
Best Steam Cleaner Buying Guide
When choosing which is the best steam cleaner to buy UK 2020, check out for those that are easy to assemble. If it is too complicated to fit together, move over to the next one because it takes away the delight of buying it. Read through the product description to be sure that you can assemble the gadget you buy with relative ease. If you are like most people, you always want immediate gratification from what you buy, do not let assembling the product you buy stand in the way. Fortunately all the best products we have reviewed can be assembled effortlessly.
When you use clean microfibre pads, your floors will never leave streaks that steal the gloss a good run of cleaning is supposed to give you. I see in forums and reviews people venting their frustrations by complaining that their products leave streaks on their floors. Truth be told, no best cleaner is designed to leave streaks. In most cases when a cleaner leaves streaks, it is normally due to the fact that the floor head cloths/microfibre pads are not quite clean. So always remember to toss the microfibre pads in the washing machine or give them a hand wash with ordinary washing powder.
Fast Drying Time
When shopping for the best mop, check out for those that guarantee you fast drying time. Efficient cleaners should leave your surfaces dry in at least five minutes after cleaning. When using high hot vapour pressure especially if using high pressure bar cleaners like the 4.5 pressure bar Polti Vaporetto eco pro, you need to dry your floor with a dry cloth after cleaning with hot vapour. For best results clean in small sections preferably 2 metre square then dry it with a soft dry cloth before you progress. If you work through your floors like this, the floors will be left gleaming. You will find that a number of multi-purpose steam mops have this capability of leaving your floors really dry after cleaning. This is because they are fitted with the best microfiber cloths that sap up the condensation as they trap all the dirt in the cloth. Of course you don’t want your floors wet after cleaning especially with children and even dogs walking up and down the house. This could be hazardous. Go for cleaners that come with a wiping cloth accessory.
Decent Cord Length
Check out how long the electric cord is. As always you want a long electric cord to save you the task of unplugging from one socket to the other as you work through the surfaces of your house. You don’t want to be burdened with the inconvenience of buying a number of electric socket extension cords once you have already purchased your cleaning equipment just because the cord attached to your cleaner is short. It is therefore crucial that you consider this factor (length of cord) when shopping.
Replacement Jugs and Micro-Fibre Pads
In identifying a quality gadget, you should look out for models that come with a top up jug in their accessory kit. This will spare you the task of having to remove the water tank once the water runs out of the reservoir for refilling. A replacement jug also reduces the chance of water spilling in the process of refilling the tank.
High Quality Microfiber Pads
Hot vapour mops are normally fitted with a cloth or microfibre pads beneath them. These clothes/microfiber are quite important in cleaning your surfaces because through them dirt from your surface is trapped on the floor head leaving your surfaces clean and fresh. If you are likely to be using your cleaner on floors, it will be advisable to buy those fitted with microfiber pads as opposed to cloths. A microfiber pad fitting helps your floor to dry up quicker. They are also washable and reusable. They last longer than clothes and are easy to clean when compared to clothes.
How to Maintain Microfibre Pads
When shopping, check for pads that are easier to maintain. Though the cleaner comes with a supply of replacement pads, these pads eventually run out and you have to buy replacement. However, if you take good care of the pads by regularly cleaning them after use, the pads will last long and spare you the cost of replacing them regularly. The microfiber fitting is easier to maintain. Here is why: Microfibre pads are made of synthetic material which is easier to wash than clothes. It is advisable to let your gadget cool down before storing it. This will protect the surface floor of your storage room. Of cause depending on how much storage space you have, you should choose a cleaner that will not be awkward and bulky to store.
Best Storage and Safety Aspects of Your Cleaner
Consider the storage and safety aspects of your gadget. Depending on your budget, it is advisable to buy a cleaner that has its own safety mat to hold the gadget after cleaning. This saves you time you could have spent waiting for the cleaner to cool down before you store it. Alternatively shop for those that have continuous cleaning setting embedded in them.
Read reviews to find out which cleaner enables you to clean both hard and soft areas. This is convenient and efficient since you end up with a “one stop machine” to cater for all your surfaces.
Do not use Your Steam Mop as a Vacuum Cleaner
This will wear your gadget down. Always vacuum before cleaning to enable the cleaner do the heavy lifting job of deep cleaning your floors. Hot vapour mops kill 99% germs on your surfaces and can sift even the tiniest of dust particles.
Though most cleaners reviewed here will not only clean in a super fast fashion and leave your surfaces spotless, some of us actually prefer fresh scented smell to crown everything up. If adding a freshener to your gadget appeals to you, then you need to shop for the one that has a component that allows you to add a freshener in your water tank. Most Vax cleaning products for example come with a specially designed scented detergent. However, adding chemicals and fresheners without due regard to manufacturer’s specification might damage your gadget. That is why you should think about whether you really want to use a mop that allows you to add a freshener and buy one that has this capability.
Continuous Floor Setting
Most ordinary cleaners normally need some cooling off period/time before you can refill the water tank. However most quality cleaners use cutting edge technology that enables them to be refilled on demand without the need for the gadget to cool down. This of course has an overall effect of not only saving you time (no waiting for the gadget to cool down while cleaning) but could extend the life of your cleaner (the risk of overheating is reduced).
Most cleaning products come with an assortment of attachment such as : an adjustable nozzle, hard and soft brushes, squeegee, carpet glider, and Velcro microfibre pads that could be customized to clean different parts of the house. Most 2 in 1 mops normally give you value for money. They can be detached to clean hard to reach places. With the right accessories, you can customise the handheld steam cleaner that are embedded in most highly top rated steam mops UK to spruce up most of your surfaces. You will find that most of the multi-purpose best cleaners give you more capability and flexibility. You can use them to clean Grout, Cookers, Upholstery, Windows, Carpets Hard floors and Tiles. These are the products that fit the bill of a quality hot vapour gadget in the UK. With such multiple accessories to use on your hand held cleaner device you get flexibility of use that turns your gadget into a complete cleaning system.
Powerful Motor Engine
Another important factor to consider when choosing the best is the size of the motor engine. The motor is the one that powers your cleaner. Of course you want a powerful machine that will make your cleaning task quick, fun and easy. To achieve this, you need a motor with considerably high wattage because the more the wattage the more powerful and effective the cleaning will be. The water will be heated up in record time and you get longer time to use the cleaner. The wattage can go as high as 1800 watts. However with 1200 Watts and above, you should be treading on quality grounds. The search for more power however comes at a price. The more the wattage the device has the heavier it will be, so you need to factor that into your plan. There are cleaners that have wheels on the base though, in which case weight of the cleaner is no issue because you won’t have to push it around. The cleaner you end up buying depends really on your individual needs. Before you set out in search of the cleaner you desire, you should first decide what you would really want to use it for. Consider the size of your house and the kind of surfaces that you are going to it on.
- Do you have different surfaces across the house?
- Do you have pets?
- Do you have children who crawl about your floors?
- Are your surfaces tiled, laminate, hardwood, vinyl, all carpeted, a mix of carpet and hard surfaces?
- Are the surfaces sealed? Are there insurance clauses regarding cleaners?
These factors will enable you to choose the steam mop that is tailored to your needs.
What are the Best Functionalities to look for?
Once you figure out what you plan to use your cleaner for, you need to decide the size and weight of the gadget that will closely fit your preferred way of working. Most floor mops come in different shapes, weights and capabilities. Here are the basics. You want to go for a gadget that is easy and convenient to use on all your floor surfaces. Ideally it should have a carpet glider that can be locked into place when in use. The best product should heat up really quick to avoid any waiting moments but still give you extended cleaning time. It should be easy to handle and store, it should ideally have an extension cord that is suited to the size of your house, one that could enable you to be creative and add a freshener to it. The list is longer than this but I hope you see that choosing a best quality cleaner UK takes some meticulous considerations. Now let’s break these points down:
Considering Your Floor Type
What is the best gadget for your floor type is a crucial consideration. Like we all know, most modern houses have different floor types in different parts of the house with a fair mix of carpeted floors and hard floors. You therefore need a cleaner that will glide through all your the different surfaces without any trouble. The key tip here is to look for cleaners that work well in most hard floors and also have carpet glider functionality. Different floor texture have different temperature threshold. For instance porcelain tiles that are unglazed and porous are not suitable for high temperature vapour pressure because glazed material is water resistant and leaves a wet finish. With such floors you need a cleaner that dries floors superfast like the Vax S86-SF-C that dries floors in only 3 minutes after cleaning. You also need a product that has variable settings. This functionality employs smart settings to regulate the hot water vapour pressure and temperature suitable for your floors.
What Tank Size
One thing you should definitely watch out for when choosing the best product is the tank size. The bigger the water tank, the more cleaning time you get from the cleaner. This is especially important if you have large areas of surface to cover. The best tank size should give you at least 20 minutes of uninterrupted output. If you have a big house and many rooms, you should look out for a good cleaner that can cope with active use for considerable lengths of time like the Polti Eco Pro Vaporetto. The Polti Vaporetto cleaner has a 2 litre tank that can give you 40 -45 minutes continuous cleaning time.
Are Lightweight Steam Cleaners Really the Best?
While shopping, keep in mind that very light models are normally designed for lightweight duty or for one particular use, for example, floor cleaning only as opposed to being used for a variety of cleaning tasks. If for example you need your newly acquired cleaning gadget to clean your upholstery and other parts in your house then probably the lightweight models are not exactly for you. However you can get a fully functioning best multi-purpose cleaner that weighs only 2.5 Kgs like the Hoover SNN1700.
- Vax vs Bissell Carpet Cleaner Black Friday Deals UK 2020 & Cyber Monday Sale
- Black Friday Vacuum Cleaner Deals 2020 UK & Cyber Monday Sale
- 10 Best Carpet Shampoo UK 2020
- Top 5 Morphy Richards Steam Cleaner Reviews
- Karcher sc1 vs sc2 vs sc3 vs sc4 vs sc5 vs sv7 Steam Cleaner Reviews UK 2020
- Best Vileda Mop UK 2020
- Best Vacuum and Steam Cleaner Combo 2020 Reviews
- Steam Mop Instructions Manual User Guides
- Best 10 in 1 Steam Mop 2020 Reviews
- Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaner Reviews – H20X5 vs H2O HD
- Black Friday Shark Vacuum Deals UK 2020
- Black Friday Karcher WV 6 vs 5 vs 2 vs 1 Window Vac Deals UK 2020 & Cyber Monday Sale
- Black Friday IRobot Roomba s9 vs i7 vs 981 vs 960 vs 675 vs 671 vs 606 Deals & Cyber Monday Sale 2020 UK
- Black Friday Dyson V7 vs V8 vs V10 vs V11 Deals UK 2020 & Cyber Monday Sale
- Black Friday Karcher k2 vs k3 vs k4 vs k5 vs k7 Pressure Washer Deals UK 2020 & Cyber Monday Sale
- Best Vax Steam Mop Reviews 2020 – The Top Rated
- Best Spray Mop UK for Hardwood Floors
- best dust mop
- Vax Steam Fresh Combi Multifunction Steam Cleaner and Mop