Best Carpet Cleaner UK 2020: Vax vs Bissell who makes the best carpet washer UK 2019? Find out as we review and compare the top 7 carpet cleaners and washers in the market today.
The carpet cleaners reviewed here range from the best selling Vax and Bissell Carpet Cleaners to other top rated models on the market and here are our top 10 highly recommended best home carpet cleaners reviews UK 2019.
In today's market, you can get the top quality carpet cleaning machine for mid-range price of not more than two hundred quid if you check for deals at Amazon.
Some models can even go on sale for as low as 50 like the Vax Powermax. However, some we've researched that fall under 100 mostly have failed to meet expectations of the best carpet cleaner 2019, but it does not necessarily mean that getting an expensive carpet cleaner instead is the best solution.
Around 200 up would typically give you the best carpet cleaning machine , and it's possible to get the best among the crowd that perfectly meets your standards.
Best Carpet Cleaner UK 2020
1. Vax Dual Power Carpet Cleaner - Best Rated Carpet Cleaner
With the dual rotating brushbars, this Vax Dual Power Carpet Cleaner gives you a double cleaning action. Its brush bars tackle the embedded dirt and the grime that has been trapped deep into your carpet pile giving you an effective carpet clean.
- This carpet is very lightweight (only 5.8 kgs). This means that you can easily carry the cleaner around your home even upstairs and manoeuvre easily around your house as you clean.
- It has a long hose and also comes with a wash tool that that allows you to clean the upholstery.
- It has the dual tank technology. One tank stores solution and water while the other stores dirty water. This separation ensures that the two don’t mix making your cleaning process hygienic. This tank comes with a solid 1 years guarantee from Vax.
Check the Vax Dual Power Carpet Cleane .
2. BISSELL Stain Pro 10 Carpet Cleaner - Best Bissell Carpet Cleaner
The BISSELL Stain Pro 10 Carpet Cleaner has a larger water tank than the deep clean and features Bissell proprietary Heat Wave technology that continually heats the clean water tank for effective cleaning. It is 9kgs which is lightweight compared to the Bissell Cleanview deep clean.
- It has two in one tank unlike the deep clean that has twin tank. 2 in 1 tanks are easy to fill and empty. You don’t have to deal with two tanks but just one with two different compartments.
- It has a crevices tool for cleaning crevices like in the stairs joints. The deep clean doesn’t have this functionality.
- It comes with Bissell patented Oxy action that permanently deals with stains. It has onboard tool and hose. It has powerful features to tackle stubborn grime in carpets.
Check the BISSELL Stain Pro 10 Carpet Cleaner.
3. Rug Doctor X3 Mighty Pro Carpet Cleaning Machine
The Rug Doctor X3 Professional Carpet Cleaner, Plastic, 1200 W, 11.4 liters, Blue is designed for both domestic home use and professional cleaning. It comes with the trademark Rug Doctor Seal of quality. It comes with five year guarantee.
- It has a powerful 1200 Watt motor engine for extra power. It has a massive water tank of 11.4 litres and a power cord with operating radius of 3.7 meters.
- It is quite bulky compared to the upright cleaners we have in our top ten. It weighs 18kgs.
- It comes with a 3.7 powerful vacuum attachment to extract excess water.
- It has characteristic of one pass cleaning that will save you time. Unlike most upright cleaners that need back and forth swipes to effectively clean your rugs, the Rug Doctor X3 Mighty Pro only does this with one swipe.
- It has three rows of brushes that provide triple action deep cleaning .
- Easy controls that feature one button activation
- It has a down folding handle for convenient storage.
- It provides professional cleaning quality results when compared to most upright gadgets reviewed here.
- It has a large footprint. You cannot really store it under the stairs like other upright gadgets we have in the top ten. With the Rug Doctor X3 Mighty Pro you need garage storage space.
- It is quite costly in comparison to common cleaners.
- It heavy and bulky. It weighs 18 kgs
Verdict: No doubt the Rug Doctor X3 Professional Carpet Cleaner, Plastic, 1200 W, 11.4 liters, Blue is a quality cleaner and will provide you professional results whenever you use it. The three row brushes loosen dirt and the extracts them to clean deeply into your carpets.
You can activate the brush agitator and injection for pressure solution with just one button. This makes it super easy to operate.
It has a quick release feature that makes emptying and refilling the water tanks a breeze. The tank is big enough to cover your entire house with one go.
The 3.7 meters upholstery attachment makes cleaning awkward places like, skirting under furniture and table legs easy.
It is perfect for stairs because the hose will effortlessly reach the entire stair case. It can also be used to spruce up your car upholstery.
The Rug Doctor X3 Mighty Pro may look costly when considering upfront buying price but if you add up the 30 pounds you spend to get a professional Rug Doctor from the super market, then over time, it makes perfect sense to get the Rug Doctor X3 Mighty Pro which is currently going for over 400 quid.
This cleaner will rejuvenate and deodorise your rugs and make them look like new. It is highly regarded by industry experts and leaders.
If the Rug Doctor X3 Mighty Pro is within your budget and have ample storage in your house, then go for it.
4. Vax W90-RU-P Rapide Ultra 2 Carpet Cleaner - Best Vax Carpet Cleaner
The Vax W90-RU-P Rapide Ultra 2 Carpet Cleaner is one of top rated carpet cleaners that is efficient in cleaning, rinsing and drying carpets faster. There is a new model to this, the Vax Rapid Power Revive Carpet Washer
Key Features/Pros :
- The Vax w90 ru p weighs 10kg and is of 53 x 33 x 104 cm size.
- It is powered by a 1000watts motor with 11m power cord
- It comes fitted with oscillating brushes for deep cleaning. This removes stubborn stains, caked in dirt that is not apparent to the naked eye, allergens and odours.
- It employs cutting edge Vax patented dual V technology that dries up carpets quickly. This enables you to carry on with your daily activities whenever you clean your carpets without having to wait for several hours for the carpets to dry.
- It comes with a wash tool and a wand for spot cleaning. The wand enables you easily access hard to reach areas.
- It comes fitted with a twin tank to avoid cross contamination: a 4.5 litre tank for clean water and a 3litre tank for dirty water
- Has an 8 metre power cord, enough to manoeuvre a standard room without the need to keep on unplugging the power cord.
- It comes with a 3m adjustable extension hose and an application wand for pre-treatment solution. In case you have smudges on your carpet, the pre-treatment will help break the smudge before you start using the machine.
- You can use the Vax rapide ultra 2 w90 ru p carpet cleaner wand and pre-treatment to spot clean as and when spills happen, before they become a problem.
- It is quite versatile: it can clean carpets, upholstery and car interiors. It can also be used for spot cleaning and remove stains using a pre-treatment spray.
- The stairs can easily be done with the flexible extension hose without having to lift the Vax carpet cleaner up and down the stairs.
- When compared to the best selling Vax dual v carpet cleaner v-124a that comes with 6 year warranty; the Vax w90 ru p comes with only 2 year guarantee for peace of mind.
- It is relatively heavy at 10.7 kgs: It is on the heavy side but many customers did not find this to be a problem.
Reviews The Vax w90 ru p rapide ultra is convenient and cost effective than renting a professional carpet cleaner. Hiring a carpet cleaner for a day may cost you £50 for a day. You also have to work on a deadline and then drop the cleaner back to the cleaning company. However with this, your cleaner will be there for you to use at any time you need it.
- It has a nozzle that is 33cm wide and power jets that permeates the water solution deep into the fabric and fibre of your carpet. This helps to rattle away all embedded dirt.
- The wash tool and flexible hose are good to use in hard to reach places. You can use for both your carpet and upholstery. Easy to use and operate. Indeed it is as simple to manoeuvre as using a dry vacuum cleaner.
- Features an oscillating brush bar which dislodges all caked in dirt embedded to the root of the carpet. This will leave your carpets sparklingly clean.
- It has a powerful suction that eliminates all spills and allergens.
- It is reliable: it cleans a treat and will make your carpets feel like new due to the rotating brushes that dislodges all deep seated dirt embedded to the root of the carpet. It can also clean delicate carpet material like synthetic carpets made of wool and nylon.
- It is quite versatile: it can be used to spot clean, clean upholstery, stairs and even car interiors
Check the Vax Rapid Power Revive Carpet Washer .
Best Carpet Cleaners 2020 - Buyer's Guide
Primarily, here are the questions to ask when looking for the best carpet cleaner or scouring through carpet cleaners reviews sites. Once answered, these questions will help you decide which one is right for you:
- How clean will the cleaner render worn out, grimy and pale carpets?
- How does it deal with dried-in stains?
- How wet will my carpets get with the cleaner?
- Is it easy to use and maneuver?
- Can it work its way around corners and areas close to walls?
- How noisy is it?
- Is it right for me and should I go ahead and buy it?
Lets first start from basics.
What is the Carpet Cleaning Machine?:
Carpet cleaning machine is the upright appliance which utilize a specialized carpet shampoo that deals with dirt and grime that has accumulated within your carpet: Carpet Cleaning Machines come with certain attachments and brushes to complement the process and ensure thorough cleaning.
An effective and efficient carpet cleaner in both cost and performance, is ideal in cleaning your carpet to its great condition. On the other hand, a bad model does not give good results. It leaves you with a grimy and dull carpet even after cleaning.
What are the most useful features to look for When buying a Carpet Washer or Cleaner?:
Carpet cleaners are built with a myriad of features, each designed to help towards a more effective, faster and easier cleaning. The most sought-after top rated carpet cleaners include Bissell, Rug Doctor, Vax and Numatic. The following features are best to consider before making your purchase:
1. Standard vs Multi-Function:
Standard carpet cleaners are able to clean, but cannot pick up debris and loose dirt embedded in your carpet, so you have to vacuum first. 2-in-1 cleaners like the [amazon_textlink asin='B010CYK33W' text='Vax 6131t 3-in-1 Multivax' template='ProductLink' store='thebest01-21' marketplace='UK' link_id='be0bbee7-9df1-11e8-b73a-b9c5519e5e2a'] are multifunctional and can vacuum carpets at the same time, which eliminates the need for a separate vacuum cleaner.
2. Hard Floors:
If you’re wondering or looking for a cleaner to use on hard floors as well, you must seek the specifications of the carpet cleaner. The Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright Carpet Washer work on hard floors, but some floors like wood or laminate are not meant to be cleaned with a carpet cleaner because the water will only damage it.
3. Hot Air Drying:
With the latest development of cutting edge technology like the patented dual v technology there is no need to be left with a wet carpet for hours after cleaning it.
They hasten the drying process and provides you with utmost convenience because you can wash your carpets and they will be dry in a couple of hours. The carpet cleaner which is equipped with a high-powered motor can execute an equally satisfactory performance.
4. Cleaning Head:
What type of cleaning head does it have? The most common are brush rollers which are gentle on delicate carpets, and small rotating brushes for a deeper cleaning like the patented Vax spinscrub technology used in most Vax carpet cleaners.
5. Motor Power & High Suction:
Carpet cleaners with powerful motors are generally able to clean better and allows for a faster drying time. Improved suctions would mean dryer carpets. The following gadgets are known to have high suction:
[amazon_textlink asin='B010CYK33W' text='Vax 6131T Multivax 3-in-1 Carpet Washer Vacuum Cleaner' template='ProductLink' store='thebest01-21' marketplace='UK' link_id='94d200db-9df1-11e8-89b3-69b3005a9be9']
Motor power ranges from 500w – 1850w which are mostly found in high end carpet cleaners. A 1000w motor power is ideal. These offer good performance at a reasonable cost.
What are the most useful tools and capabilities to look for?:
Some models have added capabilities that come at a price, which you may not even truly need. Here are the most useful tools many people find handy:
Auto-mix – the water and detergent are mixed automatically which saves you valuable time and efforts.
Detergent spray – used for the pre-treatment of tough stains for easier removal
Dry vacuuming – a feature held by multi-function cleaners which works by picking up debris prior to washing like the Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Multivax Vacuum & Carpet Washer.
Crevice tool – the perfect accessory for cleaning nooks has this feature.
Handheld brush – a tool that makes cleaning stairs, upholstery, various carpeted surfaces around your house, and even car seats (check the best handheld carpet cleaners here).
Turbo tool – a rotating brush that deep-cleans areas hard to reach areas. Most Vax carpet cleaners come fitted with the patented spinscrub 6 rotating brushes.
Water tank heater – keeps the water warm for increased effectiveness and superior cleaning performance of your carpet cleaner .
Vax vs Bissell Carpet Cleaner: Which is the Best Carpet Cleaner?
Vax vs Bissell carpet cleaner -which is the best carpet cleaner? In the UK, the two major players in the carpet cleaners industry are Vax and Bissell. The two companies both employ cutting-edge best technology to make their cleaners efficient. Recent innovations by Vax include the patented Spinscrub motorised power brushes that gently clean at root of the carpet by agitating dirt and the Dual V technology that blows hot air on carpets to make them dry quicker.
Bissell on the other hand has similar features like the Heatwave technology that mirrors Vax Dual V by providing heated carpet cleaning that dries carpets quicker. It also has power force brush rolls like dirt lifter and powerlifter brushes that deep clean carpets’. They also have 2 in 1 tanks for easy refilling and detachable pod cleaners like that of Bissell Lift-off.
Bissell has a long history of making carpets and Shampooers. Its first cleaner was first made in 1800 in Melville Bissell in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Vax, on the other hand, hit the market in 1979 but it is UK based unlike Bissell that has its roots in America, Vax carpet cleaners are just as popular as Bissell.
Both Vax and Bissell make quality upright best carpet cleaners, it is you the buyer to choose what works well for you.
Related: Best carpet steam cleaner
Which is your best carpet cleaner UK 2020 so far?