Best Vacuum Cleaner UK 2020 by iRobot, Vax, Dyson, Shark, SEBO Henry George, and other top vacuum cleaners brands on Amazon. Find reviews, types, prices, and factors to consider when buying a good vacuum cleaner that is worth it.
Best Vacuum Cleaner UK 2020
1. iRobot ROOMBA 980 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
What makes the iRobot ROOMBA980 Robot Vacuum Cleaner above other robot vacuums is it’s ten times better suction that can effortlessly clean high pile rugs better in comparison to the competition. It automatically doubles its suction power once it lands on carpeted surfaces.
- Unlike the 960 Roomba, the 980 runs on a different motor and battery that can last up to two hours when fully charged. This is enough to clean all possible areas in a large house.
- It uses infra-red sensor to sense where obstacles are so that it can avoid them.
- It also employs “drop-sensing” technology to ensure in does not fall, especially when cleaning stairs.
- It has a dual work mode, the small room mode (30 minutes cleaning) that is activated by pressing once on the button and the big room mode that can give you upwards of 50 minutes cleaning time.
- It has a low profile (9.2 cm) which makes it easy to clean under your sofa and other tight spaces.
- It also has two brushes on the side to clean up dust and debris in corners and along side edges. The brushes are also good for detailed cleaning.
- It models a methodical mode of cleaning that ensures no area of space is left unclean.
- It has the ability to over doorsteps up to the height of 1.6 cm so that it doesn’t get unnecessarily stuck.
- It has a camera fitted on its top fitted with a sensor that enables it to recognise where it is and the surrounding area. This helps it to steer clear of obstacles on its way and pick the best cleaning route.
- It intuitively auto-recharges itself when the battery runs down and has the memory to go back to continue cleaning from where it left.
Like the iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum Cleaner , it uses the brushless system of cleaning that cleans pet hair without tangling on rollers and as such, it is easy to maintain. The HEPA is ideal for people with allergies, it also ensures clean air is released on its cleaning path.
Shop for the iRobot ROOMBA980 Robot Vacuum Cleaner .
2. Vax UCPESHV1 Air Lift Steerable Pet Vacuum Cleaner
As opposed to most uprights which have a fixed body, this vacuum features a portable, lift-out cylinder, Vax UCSUSHV1 Air Lift Steerable Advance Upright Vacuum Cleaner lift-out design allows for the detachment of the dust canister, making it easier to clean areas above the floor, the stairs, and areas that are usually hard to reach since you do not have to take the whole vacuum with you.
Its 900 W power is constant, powerful and excellent. Together with a strong brush bar, this vacuum will leave any carpet or hardwood floor spotless. It is an ideal choice for pet owners too, as the pet turbo tool does a fantastic job at removing fur from upholstery and other surfaces. Multi-cyclonic technology ensures no loss of suction.
Another remarkable feature is the Steerable technology that improves manoeuvrability. A dual axis design will help you navigate smoothly around corners, furniture, and other obstacles. It also reclines fully to reach easily under furniture. Other features include; 1.65m extendable hose, HEPA filters to eliminate allergens in the air, and tool storage.
Some of its downsides include the fact that it is a bagless vacuum cleaner, which means emptying it involves a lot of contact with dust, which might be a problem for users with allergies. In addition, the 1.65 m hose and the power cord aren't short, but they can leave you a little short, especially while cleaning large rooms.
3. Shark NV801UKT DuoClean Upright Vacuum Cleaner
The Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaner [NZ801UK] is also one of the best vacuuum cleaner UK 2020. Its design, which allows the cylinder to be detached, turning it into a handheld vacuum for easy cleaning of upholstery, stairs, and areas above the ground. The brush bar keeps rotating even in-lift away mode, so you get quality cleaning results in both modes.
This 750W vacuum cleaner’s DuoClean floor head is equipped with two brush rolls that can glide from hard floors to carpets with ease, doing a decent job on both surfaces.
For pet owners, an included pet power brush will help in removing fur from sofas, stairs or car seats. It swivels for easy steering and has a relatively long 8m power cord, which provides an adequate cleaning radius.
This model has a bagless design, and while that can get messy during emptying, anti-allergen technology, and HEPA filters can make it easier for people with allergies. Another disadvantage is the 1.1 l bin will require regular emptying, given the vacuum’s powerful suction.
Check the Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaner [NZ801UK] .
4. Dyson Animal 2 Vacuum Cleaner
This Dyson 330BALLANIMAL2+ Ball Animal 2 Upright Vacuum Cleaner model truly lives up to the hype. It is a powerful vacuum cleaner that cleans excellently across a variety of surfaces. Its cleaner head features the Epicyclic Drive technology, which provides enough brush power to deep clean within carpet fibres, and also ensure maximum suction on hard floors by providing a tight seal. Loss of suction is also prevented by Cyclonic technology.
Pet owners will appreciate the practicality of a tangle-free turbine tool that is included for pet hair. Its swivel head ensures you can manoeuver around corners, awkward spaces, furniture, and other things around the house. The low-profile cleaner head is slim too, for a better reach under low furniture.
A long, 10.81 m power cord allows for mobility and fewer interruptions (to plug it into different power outlets), even around large homes. The large 1.8 l bin also has a hand in the latter, as you do not need to stop to empty it often.
While it is also a bagless vacuum that can be messy to empty, it works well to keep dust and other allergens trapped. It is also quite pricey and a little on the heavy side with a weight of 7.34 Kg, therefore carrying it up and down the stairs could be cumbersome.
Shop for the Dyson 330BALLANIMAL2+ Ball Animal 2 Upright Vacuum Cleaner .
5. SEBO Automatic X7 Vacuum Cleaner
The SEBO 91506GB Automatic X7 Extra ePower Upright Vacuum Cleaner stuns with its intelligent design and excellent filtration system. The computer controlled system optimizes performance on different floor types while a rotating brush ensures a thorough cleaning process. This system also adjusts the brush height automatically and protects the machine by shutting down the motor when the filter bag gets filled up or in the event of a blockage.
This 890 W model is the perfect choice for people with asthma and allergies, as it includes SEBO’s S-Class filter. It is also a bagged vacuum cleaner. This means that when the bag is full, you simply swap it out for a new one instead of emptying it. The bag capacity is large too. Sitting at 5.3 liters, this bag ensures continuous cleaning with no interruptions.
A patented integral wand increases this vacuum’s scope of reach, while its 10m power cord provides a considerably large cleaning radius. Removing the brush roll for cleaning is also easy, as it pops right out cassette-style. It also includes a dusting brush tool and a crevice tool.
The only downside of SEBO 91506GB Automatic X7 Extra ePower Upright Vacuum Cleaner unit could be its high initial price and additional costs that are going to be incurred on the purchase of extra bags. However, that alone should not stop you from getting this model because we can guarantee that it will be well worth your money.
6. Shark NV681UKT Lift-Away Vacuum Cleaner - Best upright vacuum cleaner UK 2020
The Shark Lift-Away Upright Vacuum Cleaner [NV601UKT] is our number one best upright vacuum cleaner UK 2020. It comes at a fair price point and still does a great job at cleaning various floor types and removing pet hair. Like the NV801UKT, it features a powered lift-away design that can turn it into a handheld vacuum cleaner.
Unlike the 801 though, the 681 does not have a DuoClean floor head. However, it does have an extra brush roll that makes all the difference performance-wise. A turbo tool is part of the package, and this will help in effectively ridding your house of pet hair.
A combination of HEPA and washable filters remove allergens from the air. It also offers a swivel steering feature for excellent control as you navigate around the house. It can clean horizontally too.
With a power of 750 W, the 1.1l bin capacity will require regular emptying, and this can feel a tad interruptive. Other than that, the NV681UKT checks all the right boxes.
7. Shark HV390UK DuoClean Vacuum Cleaner
The Shark Corded Stick Vacuum Cleaner [HV390UK] has a distinctive lexology’ design, which is characterized by a joint that allows the vacuum to go under furniture without you having to bend. It can also be folded for compact storage.
The DuoClean floor head with two brush rolls ensures seamless movement from hard floors to carpets without the need to switch heads. It can be converted to a handheld vacuum too, to clean stairs and other hard to reach areas. Therefore, it is a versatile stick vacuum.
Another key feature of this model includes the presence of LED lights which illuminate dark areas so you can easily spot concealed dust and pet hair. People with allergies also get to breathe easy with this Shark around, thanks to its HEPA filter and anti-allergen technology.
A disadvantage of this vacuum cleaner is that helpful features such as bags and hoses have been sacrificed for its lightweight. The bin is small too, with a capacity of 0.5l at maximum capacity.
Keeping a clean home is very vital and getting the right tool for the job is just as important. With vacuum cleaners being a cleaning staple in every modern home, you need to get the right one for your space. Our clear list and review of some of the best upright vacuum cleaners will undoubtedly help you get the right one for your needs.
Check the Shark Corded Stick Vacuum Cleaner [HV390UK] .
8. Henry George / GVE 370-2 / 825714 Wet and Dry Vacuum
The Henry George / GVE 370-2 / 825714 Wet and Dry Vacuum, 15 Litre, 1060 Watt, Green is designed for domestic use. It is powered by a 1200Watt motor engine that provides power to vacuum and wet clean your carpets and upholstery. Currently unavailable on Amazon, alternatively, check the Henry George Wet and Dry Vacuum, 15 Litre, 1060 Watt, Green .
- It is quite multifunctional and manufactured by the creators of the popular Henry Numatic vacuum cleaner.
- It has a 9 litre water capacity and weighs 9 kgs.
- It rolls on wheels and quite portable.
- It comes with a 2 year manufacturer guarantee.
- It has a long a long power cable; a respectable 26.8 metres which is long enough to do all your rooms without ever unplugging. The cable is wrapped around the body of George Numatic.
- It has a powerful suction, thanks to the vacuum Turboflo turbine that powerfully sucks dirt hidden at the base of the carpet. It also allows for long continuous cleaning.
- It can be used for both wet and dry cleaning. It has a 9 litres wet tank capacity and 15 litres capacity for vacuuming. This is more than enough capacity for day to day carpet cleaning and vacuuming of your floors.
- The dry cleaning (vacuuming) employs Tritex filtration system that ensures all the dust collected by the powerful suction does not escape and keeps the air fresh. It also protects your motor and makes it last long.
- It features the proprietary Powerflo system that pumps out jets of water/cleaning solution continuously deep into the root of your carpet. This allow for non-stop deep cleaning cycle.
- This cleaning machine is a bit noisy. However as already noted, powerful suction in most cases comes with noisy machines.
- No automatic rewind to the power cable, manual rewinding can be inconvenient.
- Dust bags are a bit large and may pose a challenge to replace. The dust filter is re-usable and you really want to change the bags outside, away from your carpets.
- It comes without a Heppa filter but the Tritrex filtration and Hepaflo dust bags ensures that your house is left with pure air after vacuuming. No escaping dust.
In Summary: The Numatic GVE370-2GREEN George is a complete package for all your floor domestic cleaning chores. As a vacuum, it is excellent. It has a powerful suction and a large bag cylinder.You have to switch a few things in order to use as a wet cleaner but once you are set, it press and go. The upholstery has a powerful suction and will leave your upholstery rejuvenated. The powerflo system helps clean deep at the base of the carpet and it has a powerful suction that will aid your carpets to dry quicker. The cable and long hose are perfect for cleaning the stairs.The Numatic George is battle tested and quite durable and reliable. The Numatic GVE370-2GREEN George definitely offers value for money. It saves you from buying potentially three cleaning gadgets.
Best Vacuum Cleaners - Buyer's Guide
There are 5 main types of vacuum cleaners in the market right now that you need to know before deciding which one to buy UK 2019:
Upright Vacuum Cleaner:
These are the most popular vacuum cleaners to date
Robotic Vacuum Cleaner :
Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner:
These are kind of vacuum cleaners that roll on the wheels, they are quite light and compact. You pull them along as you clean. They come with a number of attachments for cleaning carpets, floors, upholstery
These are vacuum cleaners that are capable of extracting and sucking up both dry and wet liquid, sludge, rubble
Stick Vacuum Cleaners:
Derived their names from their long stick handle. They are
Factors to Consider When Choosing Which Vacuum Cleaner to Buy
Apart from the types of vacuum cleaners; there is also a wide range of factors that you need to consider:
- Price – Depending on the model you choose; you can get the best vacuum cleaner for as low as £20 to as high as £600 price range.
- Bagged or Bag less – A bag less model collects the dirt and dust in a see through removable container. Bagged vacuum on the other hand use replaceable bags; great for people with allergies as you just need to replace the filled bag instead of emptying the container.
- Corded or Cordless – Cordless Vacuum use rechargeable batteries to work while corded one use electricity. You have to re-charge the batteries of the corded vacuum using the charging stand when the machine is not in use; not great for large areas however good for small flats and apartments.
- Allergies – If you have or living with people with allergies; you need to buy the machine that include HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter. The filter is good at capturing airborne pollutant that enters the cleaning machine.
- Brand – Do you have a favourite brand that has not disappointed you for years; you might want to consider checking if they have a vacuum cleaner in their products range?
- Needs – What do you need the vacuum cleaner for: is it for cleaning your car or a house? Do you deal with a lot of spills that might require you to go for a wet and dry vacuum? These and many other lifestyle factor might contribute to what vacuum you end up buying.
Which is your best vacuum cleaner so far?