What is the Best Vacuum Cleaner UK 2019? Find out in this detailed vacuum cleaners reviews that features the best, the types, prices and factors to consider when buying a top vacuum cleaner that is worth it.
Best Vacuum Cleaner UK 2019
Henry George / GVE 370-2 / 825714 Wet and Dry Vacuum
The Henry George / GVE 370-2 / 825714 Wet and Dry Vacuum, 15 Litre, 1060 Watt, Green is designed for domestic use. It is powered by a 1200Watt motor engine that provides power to vacuum and wet clean your carpets and upholstery.
- It is quite multifunctional and manufactured by the creators of the popular Henry Numatic vacuum cleaner.
- It has a 9 litre water capacity and weighs 9 kgs.
- It rolls on wheels and quite portable.
- It comes with a 2 year manufacturer guarantee.
- It has a long a long power cable; a respectable 26.8 metres which is long enough to do all your rooms without ever unplugging. The cable is wrapped around the body of George Numatic.
- It has a powerful suction, thanks to the vacuum Turboflo turbine that powerfully sucks dirt hidden at the base of the carpet. It also allows for long continuous cleaning.
- It can be used for both wet and dry cleaning. It has a 9 litres wet tank capacity and 15 litres capacity for vacuuming. This is more than enough capacity for day to day carpet cleaning and vacuuming of your floors.
- The dry cleaning (vacuuming) employs Tritex filtration system that ensures all the dust collected by the powerful suction does not escape and keeps the air fresh. It also protects your motor and makes it last long.
- It features the proprietary Powerflo system that pumps out jets of water/cleaning solution continuously deep into the root of your carpet. This allow for non-stop deep cleaning cycle.
- This cleaning machine is a bit noisy. However as already noted, powerful suction in most cases comes with noisy machines.
- No automatic rewind to the power cable, manual rewinding can be inconvenient.
- Dust bags are a bit large and may pose a challenge to replace. The dust filter is re-usable and you really want to change the bags outside, away from your carpets.
- It comes without a Heppa filter but the Tritrex filtration and Hepaflo dust bags ensures that your house is left with pure air after vacuuming. No escaping dust.
In Summary: The Numatic GVE370-2GREEN George is a complete package for all your floor domestic cleaning chores. As a vacuum, it is excellent. It has a powerful suction and a large bag cylinder.You have to switch a few things in order to use as a wet cleaner but once you are set, it press and go. The upholstery has a powerful suction and will leave your upholstery rejuvenated. The powerflo system helps clean deep at the base of the carpet and it has a powerful suction that will aid your carpets to dry quicker. The cable and long hose are perfect for cleaning the stairs.The Numatic George is battle tested and quite durable and reliable. The Numatic GVE370-2GREEN George definitely offers value for money. It saves you from buying potentially three cleaning gadgets.
Check this Henry George Wet and Dry Vacuum on Amazon
Types of Vacuum Cleaners
There are 5 main types of vacuum cleaners in the market right now that you need to know before deciding which one to buy UK 2019:
These are the most popular vacuum cleaners to date
Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
These are kind of vacuum cleaners that roll on the wheels, they are quite light and compact. You pull them along as you clean. They come with a number of attachments for cleaning carpets, floors, upholstery
Wet-Dry Vacuum Cleaners
These are vacuum cleaners that are capable of extracting and sucking up both dry and wet liquid, sludge, rubble
Derived their names from their long stick handle. They are
Factors to Consider When Choosing Which Vacuum Cleaner to Buy
Apart from the types of vacuum cleaners; there is also a wide range of factors that you need to consider:
- Price – Depending on the model you choose; you can get the best vacuum cleaner for as low as £20 to as high as £600 price range.
- Bagged or Bag less – A bag less model collects the dirt and dust in a see through removable container. Bagged vacuum on the other hand use replaceable bags; great for people with allergies as you just need to replace the filled bag instead of emptying the container.
- Corded or Cordless – Cordless Vacuum use rechargeable batteries to work while corded one use electricity. You have to re-charge the batteries of the corded vacuum using the charging stand when the machine is not in use; not great for large areas however good for small flats and apartments.
- Allergies – If you have or living with people with allergies; you need to buy the machine that include HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter. The filter is good at capturing airborne pollutant that enters the cleaning machine.
- Brand – Do you have a favourite brand that has not disappointed you for years; you might want to consider checking if they have a vacuum cleaner in their products range?
- Needs – What do you need the vacuum cleaner for: is it for cleaning your car or a house? Do you deal with a lot of spills that might require you to go for a wet and dry vacuum? These and many other lifestyle factor might contribute to what vacuum you end up buying.
Is our George Henry also your best vacuum cleaner?