Bissell steam cleaner like other best steam cleaners comes with a great number of steamers ranging from Bissell vac and steam, the lift off, the powerfresh, the symphony and the steam and sweep all in one steam cleaners (detailed reviews below).
The Bissell steam mops use ordinary tap water because they are fitted with water filters. This means no exta expense of buying iodized water when compared to the Morphy Richards steam cleaners.
Bissell Steam Cleaner Reviews
1. Bissell Vac and Steam Cleaner Reviews
The Bissell vac & steam brags a powerful cyclonic technology that enables the gadget to vacuum and mop at the same time. It has a digital on demand steam control function that can be operated by your fingertips.
- It employs cutting edge technology that keeps all the debris and dirt in the dustbin dry which makes it easy to clean.
- The vacuum has two filters one for ruffle and the other one for foam. The part that has a vacuum suction is placed towards the front so that the debris is sucked up before the Bissell Vac Steaming jet gets in contact with them. The dry dirt is separated from any wet mess using the Bissell vacuum.
- The Bissell vac & steam is red/white in color, of 23 x 118.1 x 28 cm size, powered by 1500 watts motor and weighs 4.4kg
- You can use it as a vacuum only or use the combination of vacuuming and mopping. So, this Bissell vacuum and steam mop gives you practical functionality and flexibility to make your cleaning effortless and fun.
- Has adjustable handle so you can elongate the handle or shorten to suit your cleaning style.
- It heats up in 30 seconds, runs on a 1500 motor watt and has a 400ml water tank that will give you 15 minutes of uninterrupted cleaning time.
- It has a really long 7.6 meters power cable for easy navigation while steam cleaning
- Apart from that, it has variable steam control that can be operated digitally with your fingertips.
- It separates dry debris and wet messes and all the dirt goes to a clear glass compartment that you can monitor and empty when full.
- It has see through dirty tank technology that sorts out dry dirt from wet one.
- The Bissell vac has a water filter and
- It has two discs for lovely spring breeze scent.
- You will get 2 years warranty when you buy this gadget.
- The steam vacuum can work on most all hard sealed floor types from sealed wooden floors, tiles, lino to sealed laminate flooring.
- It does not have a handheld detachable cleaner. This is the main handicap of this steam cleaner so far.
- It is slightly heavy (4kgs) but considering it is like having two cleaning machine, 4 Kgs is not bad at all.
- Vacuum not to be used on carpet. It is for hard floors only.
Bissell Vac and Steam Overall Verdict: The Bissell vac & steam is a quality mop and cleaner whichever way you perceive it. It will save you time and money without compromising cleaning standards. Well it doesn’t have a handheld steamer but the functionality it offers are unparalleled. If you are looking to keep your hard floors spectacularly cleaning without spending all your time scrubbing floors, then have this cleaner in mind. It will save you lots of time.
At the price it is going for, it provides great value for money. I recommend the Bissell vac and steam cleaner purely based on its revolutionary features that save time and money.
2. Bissell Steam and Sweep Reviews
The Bissell Steam and Sweep is popularly referred to as the most ideal steam cleaner for pets. It prides its self in its ability to sweep and steam simultaneously: This feature will enables you to clean up debris and also mop your hard floor in one single step. This will definitely save you time.
It is titanium/blue in color, of 6kg weight, 1500 watts motor power, and features a 7.6 cord length.
- It has a water filter for protecting your gadget from lime scale that can shorten the life of your product.
- Has an easy to empty dustbin for the debris swept.
- Features Steam on Demand Trigger . When this button is pressed, the mop releases powerful steam to remove grime on your floor. This enables you to spot clean stubborn stains and caked in dirt.
- It is fitted with an oscillating rubber brush that removes debris, dust, and dirt as you clean with hot vapour. The whole cleaning process, including sweeping and mopping, can be done at the same time. Therefore, you only need to go over your floor once when you are using this mop.
- Has a removable water tank for easy refilling
- It has a variable steam setting which enables you to clean any sealed hard floor surfaces, for example tile, linoleum, and also vinyl.
- You get one year standard guarantee to take the gadget through paces.
Cons: Some customers have observed that this Bissell is not for carpets. It is 100% full dedicated for hard floors only.
3. Bissell Lift Off Steam Cleaner Reviews
The Bissell lift off steam cleaner is one of the best selling steam cleaners UK. It is a 2 in 1 steam mop: a floor steam mop and a handheld cleaner. You can use it to clean all your hard floors and then switch to its detachable pod and use it to all your worktops.
- It is titanium/blue in color, of 6kg weight, 1600 watts motor power, with a 7.6 cord length.
- It has variable floor setting that means you can adjust the amount of steam to release to your floors. For "delicate" floor types like laminate, select low setting.
- It has a water purifying system that can remove ions and hard minerals from tap water hence preventing Bissell from clogging just like the top rated Bissell vac and steam.
- It has an indicator light that lets you know when the steam is ready for you to start cleaning.
- Has integrated water purifying system allows you to remove lime scale, ions from tap water and also harsh minerals from the water in its 547 ml tank, thus prolonging its lifetime.
- The mop heat up within 15 seconds.
- It features a detachable handheld cleaner that comes with a built-in hose. This is an efficient tool that lets you do quick cleaning as well as upholstery and fabric cleaning
- It produces steam on demand.
- Its tank of 0.547 litres can hold a lot of water leaving little need of refilling it.
- It can clean, disinfect or even deodorise your surfaces with water alone. No hard chemicals involved.
- Its head rotates making it easy to manoeuvre in the hard to reach areas.
- It comes fitted with trademark Bissell microban technology that kills microorganisms on your surfaces.
- Its hand-held cleaner can be used to clean showers, clothes, tiles or even ovens.
- It also has a steam on demand trigger that gives you an option of spot cleaning whenever you want.
- You get a standard one year guarantee for peace of mind.
- It is bit heavy though manageable
- It makes a knocking sound on some machines.
If you are looking for a hard surface cleaner that will give you multiple functions with its floor control functions, a detachable hand-held unit and several attachments at affordable price range; then make this Bissell a product of choice.
4. Bissell Powerfresh Steam Mop Reviews
The Bissell Powerfresh Steam Mop is considered as one of the best steam mop for hardwood floors. It comes with a 2 year manufacturer guarantee same as the best selling Bissell Vac and Steam.
- The Bissell powerfresh is of 24 x 33 x 116 cm size, white/red in color, weighs 2.8kg, powered by 1600watts motor.
- Has a 7 meter cable cord that is long enough for you to manoeuvre the different parts of your house
- Features 400ml Removable water tank
- Heats up in 30 seconds to give you close to 20 minutes cleaning time.
- Can clean almost all hard floors like tiles, sealed wood floors, lino, vinyl, and sealed laminate floors.
- Comes supplied with lovely spring fragrance and fragrance pockets on the pads that leave your floors with a lovely spring scent.
- Comes with an easy scrubber that you can activate with a flip down function on the floor head. This scrubber agitates seated sticky dirt to give you a gleaming finish.
- The powerfresh steam mop has a wide floor head that features 90 degree swivel steer technology which means that you will easily glide your cleaner from edge to edge and cover wide floor surfaces quicker with minimal effort.
- It also features a steam on demand button for spot cleaning.
- The compact build of the gadget makes it easy to store.
- Does not have a detachable handheld steamer
- This Bissell steam cleaner jets hot vapour continuously until you turn it off. This makes taking breaks between cleaning sessions awkward, if you take a break and switch it off, be prepared to go the usual cycle of heating up before you can start cleaning again.
Most Bissell steam mop reviews indicate that this gadget is easy to maintain. The thing you really need to keep an eye on is the filter, it needs to be changed after a while to protect the gadget and ensure its durability.
Overall Verdict of the Bissell Powerfresh Steam Mop
Is the Bissell powerfresh steam mop worth buying? Of course yes. You will not only buy a quality compact cleaner but also buy from a reliable manufacturer. The steam mop is light weight and has a build in scrubber for all deep-cleaning tasks. It cleaning power is unrivalled.
If you are looking for a basic steam mop that is powerful then this is your baby. You can always buy a separate handheld cleaner, if that is something that may hold you from buying one of these. They normally cost below between 13-30 pounds, quite affordable.
The Bissell 1940 powerfresh steam mop comes with a 2 year manufacturer guarantee; this is a risk free purchase.
I hope you can see why this gadget is the best rated steam mop with over 950 five star rating in the Amazon.com site.
5. Bissell Symphony Steam Cleaner Reviews
The Bissell Symphony is one of the best selling steam mop that can steam and vacuum at the same time just like the best selling Bissell Vac and Steam. The Bissell symphony vacuum and steam mop features easy-touch digital controls which allow for a seamless switch between functions to match the cleaning power that is needed for every mess.
- It features a tank that holds 400ml of water however; its water tank is not removable when compared to the Bissell powerfresh steam mop.
- It comes with a cup that helps you to measure the water. Filling the water tank is simple with an easy-fill opening, the large capacity means there's no need to stop and refill in the middle of cleaning.
- Another nice feature worth mentioning is the dry tank technology that leaves no wet mess in your hands. All you have to do is pop the canister open and empty it, then put the micro pads in the washer and it’s ready to be used again.
- It is designed with a quick release mop pad tray, you can easily change out your mop pad. The pads not only remove stains but also odors.
- No cleansers allowed. At all. This includes descaling solutions, which is relevant in the event that a user chose tap water over distilled.
- No on/off switch; the device is turned on and off via plugging in and unplugging the cord.
Should You Buy the Bissell Symphony?
In my opinion, this complete Bissell vacuum and steam mop is the perfect vacuum cleaner for a home manager who has no time to vacuum first then steam.
- The Bissell vacuum and steam mop features a powerful cyclonic action vacuum, with a good suction power. You can use its airflow to gather most of the bigger debris around the house. With the power of steam,
- it eliminates 99.9% of germs and bacteria, removing the need for chemicals.
- This steam mop is easy to assemble. You just need less than five minutes and you are good to go.
- The Bissell symphony 2 in 1 vacuum and steam mop will save you half the time you use on normal vacuuming and steam cleaning. It does all this without harsh chemicals.
With its excellent attributes such as filtration system, suction power, usability, steam power, tank capacity and steam pads quality, I recommend the steam vacuum for home cleaning as it certainly feels and works great.