In the UK, the two major players in the carpet washers industry are Vax and Bissell. The two companies both employ cutting-edge best technology to make their cleaners efficient. Recent innovations by Vax include the patented Spinscrub motorised power brushes that gently clean at root of the carpet by agitating dirt and the Dual V technology that blows hot air on carpets to make them dry quicker.
Bissell on the other hand has similar features like the Heatwave technology that mirrors Vax Dual V by providing heated carpet cleaning that dries carpets quicker. It also has power force brush rolls like dirt lifter and powerlifter brushes that deep clean carpets’. They also have 2 in 1 tanks for easy refilling and detachable pod cleaners like that of Bissell Lift-off.
Bissell has a long history of making carpets and Shampooers. Its first cleaner was first made in 1800 in Melville Bissell in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Vax, on the other hand, hit the market in 1979 but it is UK based unlike Bissell that has its roots in America, Vax carpet cleaners are just as popular as Bissell.
Both Vax and Bissell make quality upright cleaners, it is you the buyer to choose what works well for you.
Best Vax Carpet Cleaner Reviews UK 2018
1. Vax Dual V Carpet Cleaner (V-124A) Reviews
The Vax Dual V Carpet Cleaner V-124A is the #1 very popular best home carpet cleaner in the UK Market today. Its popularity is based on its innovative technology known as ‘SpinScrub Technology’ in which the machine is equipped with five spinning brushes that offers consistent deep cleaning. Key Features/Pros
- It features 2 water tanks: a 3.7 litre water tank for clean water and 3.2litre for dirty water.
- It is powered by 1350watts motor with 10m power cord.
- It is equipped with Dual V air path technology that is particularly helpful to provide continuous suction around the whole floor head width in order to have an improved drying of carpet. The technology used dries any carpet much faster than any other technology and that is another reason of its huge popularity.
- It provides an ‘Automix cleaning system’ where the mixture cleansing agent and water are perfect mixed up automatically and in the right proportion in order to get optimum cleaning result.
- The Vax v 124a also offer ‘heated cleaning’ in which carpets are cleaned with hot water emitted by the machine that as a result eliminate bacteria and offers quick carpet dry time.
- Includes Spinscrub hand tool that is particularly helpful in cleaning the stairs and also for upholstery cleaning.
- It comes with 6 year free of cost guarantee for peace of mind.
- You are supplied with only a sample shampoo; you need to buy more while buying the machine as the one provided is not enough to cover big house
- Once dry you are advised to hoover the carpets to bring the pile back
- It is a bit noisy
- It is a bit heavy, weighing 11.5kg
In Summary: With more than 82% people expressing their satisfaction, it shows the trust gained by the Vax dual v carpet cleaner (v124a) to its numerous clients. It cleans the carpet with deep clean technology and one can easily switch over from one mode to another depending upon the quantity of dust and dirt.
- It is perfect for attaining hygiene as the dirt is being kept in a closed chamber with less chance of mess and spread.
- It is a robust and solid one that helps to grip the carpet in a better position than others and automatically, the suction of dust becomes much better compared to other models available in the market.
- It includes ultra Vax carpet cleaning solution which is best suited to this product.
- The PVC free hose, solution and collection tanks are unmatched to any other product available in the market and that is why more and more people are purchasing this Vax v-124a .
2. Vax W90-RU-P Rapide Ultra 2 Carpet Cleaner Reviews
The Vax W90-RU-P Rapide Ultra 2 Carpet Cleaner is one of top rated carpet cleaners that is efficient in cleaning, rinsing and drying carpets faster. Key Features/Pros
- The Vax w90 ru p weighs 10kg and is of 53 x 33 x 104 cm size.
- It is powered by a 1000watts motor with 11m power cord
- It comes fitted with oscillating brushes for deep cleaning. This removes stubborn stains, caked in dirt that is not apparent to the naked eye, allergens and odours.
- It employs cutting edge Vax patented dual V technology that dries up carpets quickly. This enables you to carry on with your daily activities whenever you clean your carpets without having to wait for several hours for the carpets to dry.
- It comes with a wash tool and a wand for spot cleaning. The wand enables you easily access hard to reach areas.
- It comes fitted with a twin tank to avoid cross contamination: a 4.5 litre tank for clean water and a 3litre tank for dirty water
- Has an 8 metre power cord, enough to manoeuvre a standard room without the need to keep on unplugging the power cord.
- It comes with a 3m adjustable extension hose and an application wand for pre-treatment solution. In case you have smudges on your carpet, the pre-treatment will help break the smudge before you start using the machine.
- You can use the Vax rapide ultra 2 w90 ru p carpet cleaner wand and pre-treatment to spot clean as and when spills happen, before they become a problem.
- It is quite versatile: it can clean carpets, upholstery and car interiors. It can also be used for spot cleaning and remove stains using a pre-treatment spray.
- The stairs can easily be done with the flexible extension hose without having to lift the Vax carpet cleaner up and down the stairs.
- When compared to the best selling Vax dual v carpet cleaner v-124a that comes with 6 year warranty; the Vax w90 ru p comes with only 2 year guarantee for peace of mind.
- It is relatively heavy at 10.7 kgs: It is on the heavy side but many customers did not find this to be a problem.
Reviews The Vax w90 ru p rapide ultra is convenient and cost effective than renting a professional carpet cleaner. Hiring a carpet cleaner for a day may cost you £50 for a day. You also have to work on a deadline and then drop the cleaner back to the cleaning company. However with this, your cleaner will be there for you to use at any time you need it.
- It has a nozzle that is 33cm wide and power jets that permeates the water solution deep into the fabric and fibre of your carpet. This helps to rattle away all embedded dirt.
- The wash tool and flexible hose are good to use in hard to reach places. You can use for both your carpet and upholstery. Easy to use and operate. Indeed it is as simple to manoeuvre as using a dry vacuum cleaner.
- Features an oscillating brush bar which dislodges all caked in dirt embedded to the root of the carpet. This will leave your carpets sparklingly clean.
- It has a powerful suction that eliminates all spills and allergens.
- It is reliable: it cleans a treat and will make your carpets feel like new due to the rotating brushes that dislodges all deep seated dirt embedded to the root of the carpet. It can also clean delicate carpet material like synthetic carpets made of wool and nylon.
- It is quite versatile: it can be used to spot clean, clean upholstery, stairs and even car interiors
3. Vax All Terrain Carpet Cleaner Reviews
The Vax v 125a all terrain upright carpet cleaner is both a carpet washer and a hard floor cleaner, hence the name Vax all terrain carpet cleaner.
- Compared with the Vax 6131t multivax 3-in-1 cleaner; The Vax v 125a comes with an iron clad 6 years guarantee
- Comes with tantalising features like the heated cleaning spinscrub technology that dismantles all caked in dirt and automix system that evenly mixes Vax carpet cleaning solution and water for best results.
- Has ability to spot clean and deep clean while removing all odours, allergens and deep seated dirt, this carpet washer is ideal for family with kids and pets.
- Has an auto-rinse feature such that whenever you push the cleaner backwards in a reverse direction, all the water residues is rinsed out of the carpet.
- Comes with a spinscrub hand tool that can be used to spot clean. You can also use the Vax all terrain hand tool to do your upholstery and stairs.
- The Vax v125a has a twin tank for clean and dirty water. This voids any chance of cross-contamination.
- The Vax all terrain carpet cleaner v 125a features cutting edge Vax dual v technology that makes carpets touch dry immediately after washing.
- It has the trademark spinscrub brushes for both carpets and hard floors. The spin-scrub feature deep cleans carpets to remove stubborn stains, odours and allergens that are embedded at the root of the carpet. Carpet vacuum cleaners are inadequate in cleaning deeply etched dirt and allergens, this carpet washer will take care of that. These allergens are not visible to the eye.
- Has a sturdy built and a wide breadth with heating for quicker drying.
- Comes with a solid 6 year vax.co.uk guarantee for peace of mind.
- The dirty water tank is quite easy to clean unlike most carpet cleaning machines. Just run the inlet that sucks dirty water in a running tap and swoosh it about. All dirt and debris is removed.
- Well, you can see why this Vax carpet washer is considered a Which best buy. It ticks the boxes of efficiency (heats and dries carpets quickly), reliability (the six years guarantee is an indication that this washer is build to last) and versatility (cleans both hard floors and carpet surfaces).
- The Vax all terrain carpet cleaner v 125a is relatively heavy at 12 kgs. However according to numerous customer feedbacks this is not an issue because the machine rolls on wheels when in use. It is more like when using a vacuum to clean.
- Also it is quite big and might cause issues with storage if you have limited space.
- It has a relatively short hose.
- The comprehensive manual has to be downloaded from Vax website
Overall Verdict The Vax all terrain v 125a is good at shifting grime and caked in dirt.
- It is a heated multi surface cleaner, you don’t need to buy different cleaners for you floors.
- You can use it to clean your upholstery, carpets and upstairs.
- You can also use it for spot cleaning and cleaning your car interiors.
- The patented Vax dual V ducts help your carpets to dry quicker to enable you get on with life without waiting for days for the carpets to dry.
- It deep cleans and elongates the life of your carpet and also improves the overall hygiene of your domestic spaces.
- The Vax v-125a all terrain upright comes with a hand wash tool for handy cleaning.
I could go on and on but I hope that at this point it is evident that this Vax carpet cleaner V-125A is a quality product that provides value for money.
4. Vax W90 RU B Rapide Ultra Reviews
The Vax W90 RU B Rapide Ultra is one of the best carpet cleaners that is ideal for homes with pets and children.
- This Vax carpet cleaner is fitted with powerful jets that inject the cleaning solution deep into your carpets to dismantle stubborn stains.
- Has a separate twin tank to avoid cross contamination.
- Has a hand brush for upholstery, spot cleaning and removing spills whenever they happen and there are no more long waiting times for carpets to dry up.
- It has powerful suction using the patented dual V technology that dries carpets quickly.
- Is easy to manoeuvre and can be used to clean stairs, upholstery, carpets and even car interiors. With it; you get a solid two year guarantee for peace of mind
- Like the Vax w90 ru p rapide ultra 2 ; the Vax W90 RU B Rapide Ultra is quite easy to assemble and use.
- It is a bit heavy (10.2 kgs) but it turns out that the weight of Vax carpet cleaner improves its suction power.
- It does not come with a measuring cup to use in getting the right ratio of the Vax carpet shampoo in the water.
- It is a bit noisy
- It heats up after longs spells of use and might need resting to cool down before proceeding.
Vax W90 RU B Rapide Ultra Review: There are a lot of positives that are associated with the Vax w90 ru b rapide ultra upright carpet cleaner. You not only get to deep clean your carpets but all odours and allergens are broken down and removed. Your carpets will always look like new if you get hold of one of these.
- The Vax W90-RU-B is powered by a 1000 watt motor. It features a 4.5 litre clean water tank and a 3 litre dirty water tank.
- It weighs ten kgs and has a power length of 8 meters which is sufficient enough to comfortably cover a standard room.
- This Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer features the patented Vax dual V technology that has powerful ducts and suction. The dual V technology helps to dry carpets quicker after washing.
- Besides the dual V, the carpet washer also comes with oscillating 6 bar spinscrub brush bar that gently dismantle caked in dirt embedded at the root of the carpet.
- The rotating spinscrub technology is gentle to the fabric and can be used on synthetic and woollen carpets. When in use, it releases powerful jets of water that penetrate deep into the carpet for deep cleaning.
- The dual V ducts also suck spills and can be used to suck up spills before they become a problem. The Vax w89-ru-a rapide ultra also washes upholstery and car interiors.
- Your carpets will dry up quicker using the dual V technology.
- This carpet cleaner is versatile, effective and reliable. It is good value for money.
Gone are the days when you used to wait for a whole day for your carpets to dray. With the Vax rapide ultra carpet washer your carpets are touch dry in an hour’s time.
- The w90 ru b upholstery tool takes care of all spills and accidents or paw marks by pets. It also cleans your upholstery and car interiors.
- The V ducts powerful suction covers the whole breadth of the floor head to effectively clean and dry your carpets.
- The oscillating action ultimately makes your carpet feel springy and soft.
5. Vax Dual V Advance Carpet Cleaner Reviews
The Vax dual v advance carpet cleaner, w87-dv-r model is one of the best household carpet cleaners that you can use it to clean not only carpets but also rugs, car seats, curtains, sofas and much more. It is capable of cleaning, rinsing and extracting dusts for better results. Key Features/Pros
- This Vax w87-dv-r dual v advance carpet cleaner is white/grey in color, weighing 10kg and of 41 x 50 x 37 cm size.
- It is powered by 1350 motor
- Has 10 metre power cord for ease of use and convenience. You don’t need to plug and unplug
- It has 2 water tanks: The top tank is for the clean fresh water (3.7 litres). This tank has a detergent compartment. The other 3.2 litres tank is for dirty water. The tanks are big enough to give you continuous cleaning time without the need to keep refilling it constantly.
- Comes with a 250ml carpet cleaning solution and a variety of tools for cleaning stairs, floors, and upholsteries.
- It is capable of sucking up spills
- It features powerful suction and extract technique for extracting up water and leaving your carpets as dry as possible.
- It features ‘Automix cleaning system’ in which the machine is made to mix water and cleaning solution automatically and in a good proportion.
- It features 2.6m long hose for cleaning stairs
- Comes with a wash tool for scrubbing tough stains and a spinscrub tool for cleaning delicate surfaces such as sofas.
- And just like the best selling Vax Dual V Carpet Cleaner V-124A ; the w87-dv-r also comes with the patented Dual V cutting edge technology that dries carpets while you wash them.
- It comes with a solid 6 year guarantee for peace of mind
- It is a bit on the heavy side of things at 10.3 kgs but it produces amazing results.
- It is also relatively big. Not a problem if you have a place to store it.
Vax Dual V Reviews: Overall Review
The overall performance of the Vax dual v is actually quite good. The oscillating brushes do their best here to lift away all dirt leaving very cleaning carpets.
- The floor head of the W87 covers all breadth unlike other cleaners that only clean a small section of its width. This means you will make lesser swipes to cover all your carpeted surfaces.
- Although the Vax dual v advance total home carpet cleaner is relatively heavy at 10.3 kgs, when you start cleaning it actually sort of rolls on by itself just like when using a vacuum cleaner. You never really feel the weight. You have to walk it slowly though for best results.
- A standard room will approximately take an hour to go through all the paces of washing, rinsing and drying. To release the clean water mixed with detergent you need to release a trigger placed on the handle.
- Cleaning is relatively easy: spray on forward motion and suck the water on your backward motion. The forward and backward motions provide the best results according to experts.
- The good thing about this cleaning machine is that it is not as noisy as its peers. It is actually much quieter but yet produces excellent results.
- It is also quite robust in its look and feel. This is no doubt the w87-dv-r is one of the best carpet cleaners out there. It has a lot going on.
- The heated cleaning function. The patented Vax spinscrub that produces excellent results. An extension hose for convenience.
- A twin tank with max suction that dries carpets in less than an hour and an upholstery function.
- Getting one of this Vax w87-dv-r is as good as having a professional carpet cleaner at your back and call without the added burden of a high payout cheque for services
- Above all This Vax dual v advance carpet cleaner comes with an unshakable 6 year warranty for peace of mind. Buy with confidence. This is real value for money.
6. Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Carpet Cleaner Reviews
The Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum cleaner, 1300 W – Orange is a power wet and dry 3 in 1 carpet cleaner. It can vacuum, wet clean your carpets and deep clean your upholstery. It is powered by a 1300 Watt motor engine and has a 10 meter long power cord and 2.5 meters hose which is enough radius to cover larger areas and almost every standard room. The cable length, hose extension and hose add up to 18 meters cleaning reach. It has a 12 litre water capacity (4 L clean water and 8 l dirty water capacity) that will allow you to clean a standard room without refilling.
Key Features of the Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister
- It features a 2.5 hose that is perfect for cleaning stairs and upholstery.
- It has on-board tools where you can tore accessories for ease of convenience.
- It comes with two years manufacturer guarantee for peace of mind.
- It has a crevice tool for tight spaces and an upholstery tool
- It has a fibreflow head that deep cleans your carpets.
- It has a 2.5 metre hose and wash tool that makes cleaning stairs , upholstery and car seats effortless.
- It comes with a three part stainless tubes and a dusting brush for cleaning your curtains.
- It does not have a retractable cable, wrapping the cable around the canister can be inconvenient to some people.
- It is a bit noisy when in you. However all carpet cleaners with powerful suction are noisy anyway.
- Some customers have noted that it is a bit heavy especially when cleaning long stairs. However the 10 meters power cable and 2.5mhose should be adequate for standard stairs.
In summary The Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner is perfect for common day to cleaning tasks at home. It can deal with accidental spills, deep clean your carpets and spruce up your upholstery. The vacuum has a powerful suction and operates on the bagged system which is relatively easy to empty without being messy. The powerful suction makes your carpets dry quicker because it will suck all water from the base of the carpet which fast tracks the drying of your carpets. This carpet cleaner is relatively affordable, trading for a hundred quid or thereabouts. It rolls of wheels and is therefore quite portable
7. Vax W87 DV B Dual V Advance Carpet Cleaner Reviews
The Vax W87 DV B Dual V Advance Upright Carpet Cleaner and Upholstery Washer is one of the top carpet cleaners out there that is good value for money. Key Features/Pros
- This Vax dual v advance w87 dv b carpet cleaner is white/grey in color, weighs 10 kg and of 33.9 x 51.8 x 110 cm size.
- It has two water tanks to avoid cross-contamination: a 3.7 litre clean water tank and a 3.2 litres dirty water tank
- It is powered by 1350 watts motor with 6m power cord.
- It features a ‘cyclonic technology where the brush bars rotate along each other to deep clean your carpets by removing dust, germs and deep stains.
- It is also offers ‘heated cleaning’ where the carpets are cleaned with hot water combined with detergent for removing tough stains
- Same as the Vax dual v advance carpet cleaner w87 dv r; The w87 comes with a number of accessories to add to the overall cleaning performance: a hardfloor cleaner, a dusting brush, and stairs and upholstery tools.
- It is ideal for cleaning carpets, hardfloors, rugs, and upholstery. Great also for emergence cleaning.
- You get 2 years warranty for peace of mind.
- Like other best carpet washers;this Vax carpet cleaner w87-dv-b is big, weighing 10kg. Need to think where to store it.
- It is a bit noisy
- Small water tank (3.7 litres) when compared to the Vax w90 ru p rapide ultra 2 of 4.5 litres clean water tank capacity.
Vax W87-DV-B Review The Vax dual v advance w87 dv b carpet cleaner is good value for money. The advance features and design of this Vax carpet cleaner that makes it specifically ideal to care for more than just the ordinary appearance of the carpet includes:
- Features intense cleaning technique that when applied it ensure that the seen and unseen dirt is removed. This means that dust, germs and deep stains from the carpet are easily taken care off.
- A spin scrub upholstery tool to complement the normal upholstery in traditional vacuum cleaners to completely refresh your home.
- A heating cleaning feature is adapted to ensure that a better cleaning performance is achieved and cut down on the cleaning time with remarkable results
- The dual v advance reach comes with an upholstery wash tool added to the normal wash tool.
- A spin scrub hand tool is added to give a more thorough wash to one’s carpet.
- A hard floor squeegee that makes it efficient in cleaning hard floor surfaces that are not covered in carpet hence quite a unique feature for homes that are not completely covered in carpet.
- It’s heating technology feature; loosens the debris and makes the cleaning process a rather easy affair, cutting back the time one uses in cleaning process.
With a powerful suction developed in Vax w87 dv b, one is assured of deep cleaning of the whole carpet from both unseen and unseen elements The long tube is an added advantage as it makes cleaning of stairs and upholstery quite easy and thus one is able to clean all areas and get instant dry results As a note, when ordering this model, don’t forget to add a few of the cleaning solution as the inclusion of cleaning product does not last that long.
8. Vax Powermax Carpet Washer Reviews (VRS5W)
The Vax powermax carpet washer,VRS5W is a very powerful carpet cleaner that is easy and quick to set up. It is one of the top rated best carpet cleaners in the UK market today. It has two tanks. One for clean water and the other for dirty water. Key Features/Pros of the Vax VRS5W You can use the Vax vrs5w powermax to wash your carpets and also suck up spills within no time.
- It is the perfect choice for cleaning after your pets and children.
- It is light enough to use even on staircases.
- The powermax features a 6 metres long cable which is sufficient enough to cover a room without fiddling with sockets.
- It is amazingly light; it weights 5.6 kilograms making it a simple task to push around while you clean your carpets. This makes the power max cleaner a great kit for making those cleaning jobs an easy task.
- It is very ergonomic making it the ideal product for cleaning up stains and caked in dirt at the root of your carpet.
- The VRS5W features 28 very high-pressure jets that suck up spills and dislodge dirt at the root of the carpet fibre to leave your carpets fresh and clean.
- It comes In a variety of colours that include White, Grey and Orange giving you a range of options to choose from.
- Its dust containers are made of bag-less vacuum cleaners. This helps you save money on replacement bags. However, they need to be emptied often. They can be at times messy to clean
- You get the standard one year guarantee with this product.
- It is quite cheap as compared to the best selling Vax 6131t multivax 3 in 1 cleaner.
Cons Some of the few complains by customers include:
- If you do not turn the motor off after you finish cleaning, the water at the front of the cleaner starts to leak.
Buying a product cheaply does not always mean compromising on quality. The Vax powermax carpet washer is a testament to this idea. The appropriately named Vax Powermax pet upright carpet cleaner is efficient and versatile- you can use it to suck up spills and any mess on your hard-floors too. Final Verdict of the Vax VRS5W Powermax Carpet Washer The Vax VRS5W rapide spring carpet washer, 500 Watt offers you quality performance at a very affordable rate.
- It is light to use, it has powerful suction that easily clears spills and any mess on your floors including hard floors.
- Due to its lightweight, it is easy to store and use.
- It has a row of brushes that easily dislodge ingrained dirt at the root of your carpet. This is usually dirt that ordinary vacuuming is unable to reach. It is cheap but does the job effortlessly.
- It does an excellent job and also leaves a beautiful colour on the beige.
- It is easy to use around the house.
- It is also very simple to refill and empty.
- The model is easy to assemble.
According to most clients who have bought the carpet cleaner, this cleaner is reliable, versatile and efficient. You get the standard one year guarantee with this product.
9. Vax Dual Power Reach Carpet Cleaner Reviews
With the dual rotating brushbars, this Vax Dual Power Reach Carpet Cleaner gives you a double cleaning action. Its brush bars tackle the embedded dirt and the grime that has been trapped deep into your carpet pile giving you an effective carpet clean.
- This carpet is very lightweight (only 6 kgs). This means that you can easily carry the cleaner around your home even upstairs and manoeuvre easily around your house as you clean.
- It has a long hose and also comes with a wash tool that that allows you to clean the upholstery.
- It has the dual tank technology. One tank stores solution and water while the other stores dirty water. This separation ensures that the two don’t mix making your cleaning process hygienic. This tank comes with a solid 2 years guarantee from Vax.
10. Vax Rapide Deluxe Carpet Cleaner Review
At 7.7 kg, the Vax Rapide Deluxe is much lighter than most cleaners.
- It is suitable for households that are small and are carpeted.
- It is well equipped with an upholstery tool and a hose. These help you clean those hard-to-reach areas in your house.
- This model is very slim and you can store it even in your cupboard and will take minimal space.
- It has a separate tank for storing both clean and dirty water. This is beneficial because the dirty water never mixes with the clean water.
3. Vax Dual Power Pro Carpet Cleaner Review
The Vax Dual power pro carpet cleaner is equipped with a stretch hose that enables you to clean both the stairs and also above the floors.
- It comes with an upholstery tool that allows you to clean your car seats, spills or any stubborn spot stains.
- It comes equipped with the DualV tech. This cutting-edge technology ensures that even channels of suction are spread across its floor head and they make your carpet dry up very fast (less than an hour.).
- With a market leading guarantee of 6 years, you have peace of mind whenever you buy this carpet cleaner, you are also assured of performance.
- It has an advanced rinse functionality that will extract and also rinse any residue of shampoo that may have been left behind after you wash your carpet
- The Power Pro is versatile in that, you not only can clean your carpet with this cleaner but also your hard floors, thanks to its dual rotating brushbars that scrub the floor and the powerful suction power that collects the dirty water.
- With the power pro cleaner, you have assurance of a thoroughly clean and hygienic home.
Vax V-124a vs V-125a Review
The Vax V-124a comes fitted with the auto-mix cleaning system that lets you mix water and the cleaning solution giving you the best pre-mixed solution. Just like the power max cleaner, it has the advanced spin scrub technology and has five spin scrub brushes.
- Each brush can rotate alongside the other and get deep into the pile of carpet and remove the deeply embedded dirt.
- It has the dual v tech that has twin air paths that give you a powerful and even suction making sure that your carpets dry consistently and quickly.
- It is slightly heavier (13.5 kg) than the v-125a cleaner (12 kg).
While: The Vax V-125a all-terrain carpet cleaner is a great multi-surface cleaner. It cleans your hard floors, your stairs, upholstery and it also gives your carpets a deep clean. It removes the deeply embedded dirt giving your house an excellent clean. The all-terrain is best if you have a busy family or if you want to tackle the high traffic areas.
- Unlike the v-124a, the All-terrain is suitable for cleaning hard floors.
- It also comes with a 1.42 litres of the floor-to-floor cleaning solution, something that is not included in the advanced reach.
- When you buy the All-terrain model, you get a 6 year guarantee. This gives you peace of mind since you are assured of Excellency regarding your cleaner.
Vax Rapide Ultra Vs Ultra 2 Review
The Vax Rapide Ultra carpet cleaner, W90-RU-B comes with a powerful water jet that cleans deep into the carpet fibres. This breaks down both grime and the stubborn stains.
- It has separate tanks for both the clean and the dirty water making sure that the two don’t mix thus guaranteeing you a thorough and hygienic clean.
- Like the Vax Ultra 2. This carpet cleaner has the dual V cutting edge technology. This technology has channels of suctions spread across the floor-head evenly. This gives your carpet and point-to-point and so makes it dry up quickly.
- It has a capacity of 4.5 litres (clean capacity) and 3.0 litres (dirty capacity) same as the Ultra 2. These are large enough to ensure your cleaning goes uninterrupted as a result of refilling meaning that you can cover a large cleaning area within a short time.
- This model is ideal for cleaning pet stains, soft cushion, the interior of your car and also upholstery. It comes with a 2-year warranty from Vax.
While: The Vax rapide ultra 2 vax carpet cleaner W90-RU-P comes equipped with an onboard pre-treatment wand. This rod is specially designed to tackle tough spots and also clean high traffic areas. When used with the pre-treatment solution you can easily clean spills from the carpet.
- It also comes fitted with the Dual v tech. This Tech gives you an even channel for sucking up dirt across your floor making your carpets dry up faster, meaning after you clean your carpet; you can walk on it in a few hours.
- It also allows you to do the above-the-floor cleaning. The hose and the upholstery brush tool that comes equipped with this cleaner will help you do that.
- It has a cleaning width of 33 cm and a large capacity tank (4.5 litres for clean capacity and 3.0 litres for dirty capacity). These two allow you to cover large areas in your home allowing you to clean your house quickly and conveniently.
Most customers have reviewed it saying that it is a great machine and that it does an excellent job of cleaning. It has received an average consumer star rating of 90% out of over 700 customer reviews in the Amazon market indicating that it is a machine worth trying.
How to Use Vax Carpet Cleaner?
Before engaging the Vax carpet cleaner ensure that your carpets are vacuumed to remove any loose debris. Failure to vacuum will lead to poor results, usually streaks and lumps of soil on the carpets.
- When using the pre-treatment wand, press the trigger that is on the handle and evenly spray the soapy solution across your carpet or on the areas you want to spot clean.
- Once you power the machine, the rotating brushes move rapidly to agitate any dirt that is stuck at the root of the carpet to effectively clean your carpet.
- The oscillating motion of the brushes also softens your carpets and makes them last long.
- For best results, clean by slowly pushing forward and then backwards while releasing the trigger. When pulling backwards, the suction rinses the dirty water to leave your carpets sparklingly clean.
The carpets dry in a couple of hours, usually in one hour. Once finished, clean the filter by removing it and clean it on running water as indicated in the user manual.
Things to Keep in Mind For best results,
- It is important that you go slowly in your forward and back movements unlike when vacuuming.
- The upholstery equipment which consist of a suction head and a nozzle spray and has brush attachments can be used for spot cleaning.
- Spray the solution to break the grime and then use the suction head to remove the dirt and any spills on your surfaces.
- Be sure to squarely position the dirty water tank in place. If you do not align it properly in its position the machine will not suck up the dirty residue
Bissell Carpet Cleaner Reviews 2018
See how the Bissell Carpet Cleaner models compared with each other.
1. BISSELL Cleanview Proheat Carpet Cleaner Reviews
The Bissell 34T2E CleanView ProHeat Carpet Cleaner is one of the Best carpet cleaners that dries your carpets in a couple of hours.
- Similar to the Bissell 18Z7E cleanview deep clean ; the Bissell proheat features built in heater that keeps the water at the right temperature by heating it continually for optimal cleaning.
- It is powered by a 1400 watt motor and has a water tank capacity of three litres.
- In built “Microban Antibacterial Protection Technology” that is known to combat micro-organism like salmonella and staphylococcus from growing. This helps the home become cleaner and sanitized between uses.
- It features specially designed six rotating rows of brushes for deep cleaning your carpets.
- Has 8m power cord, enough to do any large room.
- Comes with extension hose for cleaning stairs, upholstery, car seats and much more.
- There is a switch which controls the heater, so you have the option to turn it off when cleaning delicate wool/ oriental rugs. This switch is located on the side.
- It has a separation tank that keeps clean water from the dirty water.
- Has ability to clean “delicate” carpet like wool due to its soft bristle brush.
- It is relatively heavy at 11 kgs but honestly it does not feel heavy when in use because it rolls on wheels.
- For cleaning hardfloors; you need to buy a hardfloor cleaner tool separately
- You have to hoover your house first before using the preheat
- No indicator to indicate when water runs out.
In comparison to other cleaners, the Bissell Cleanview Proheat is very good value for money in terms of cleaning purposes and rather a thoughtful design that puts it at the top.
- More so, is the fact that the conservative design makes it lighter and the inbuilt shampoo measuring cup never lets you guess the right amount of input.
- In my opinion, the only close competitors for this cleaner is the Vax w90 ru p rapide ultra 2 another cheaper option and the Vax dual v v-124a, which is expensive. In terms of performance, it competes with the Vax Dual V.
- You will find good deals and prices discounts at Amazon. Buying the cleanview will be worth it. It is better than hiring carpet cleaning service.
- It is a lighter model (11kgs), which makes it easy to maneuver around with.
- It features Dirt Lifter Power brush: This brush is designed to enhance your cleaning performance.
- It has a unique bristle pattern, which safely lifts out the hidden dirt below while gently grooming the carpet.
2. Bissell 18Z7E Cleanview Deep Clean Carpet Cleaner Reviews
The Bissell 18Z7E Cleanview Deep Clean Carpet Cleaner is one of the top rated, best carpet cleaners UK. Same as the Bissell cleanview proheat; the deep clean also has dry air heated jets that can dry the carpet while you clean it.
- With the Bissell Cleanview you can customize the kind of cleaning you want i.e. you can either select the rinse setting, clean, normal or heavy traffic.
- It features edge sweep brushes and a wide suction path allowing it to clean up to the room edges removing the dirt along the skirting where most cleaners cannot go.
- It comes with two dirt lifter power brushes that have twelve rows of cleaning bristles for deep cleaning your carpets
- It has a clean shot spray and micro ban protection that is used for tough stain pre-treating with a jet of concentrated cleaning solution before the actual cleaning.
- It comes with an air powered turbo that is good for upholstery and the stairs, a crevice tool that helps you to reach car interiors and awkward spaces on upholstery and a stain brush ideal for small spills.
- It offers deep cleaning which prolongs the life of your carpet, reaches the dirt and ground in materials, a feature that just vacuum cleaning cannot achieve.
- It is white/blue in color, and of 48 x 33 x 112 cm size
- Powered by 1850watts motor with 9 metres cord power.
A few customers have complained about this Bissell being a bit big, weighing 12kg.
The Bissell 18Z7E Cleanview Deep Clean Carpet Cleaner has been ranked #9 among the top 100 in kitchen and home appliances on the Amazon best seller ranks and an average customer star rating of 90% .
Most customers have expressed their product satisfaction with the 18z7e claiming good value for the product, quality performance and a job well done by the machine.
- It is very good at lifting stains and removing odors on carpets
- It helps restore the original color and spring of your carpets while making your home smell fresh and look clean.
- The heater is thermostatically controlled and thus heats water when it needs to and only the amount of water needed.
- It has a surround suction that enables the appliance to remove more dirt and water with its powerful edge to edge suction capability.
If you intend to purchase the kitchen appliance as a gift, it has its own packaging, and to keep its contents concealed, you specify that it will be a gift during checkout.
Bissell 18Z7E Overall Verdict
- The Bissell 18Z7E features a patented built-in water heater that monitors the water temperature as it passes through the appliance and heats it up to 25 degrees more, if necessary, to ensure that the carpet is cleaned with hot water giving consistent results.
- The twin motors in the appliance are also used to dry your carpet as you clean it
- Has a total of 12 cleaning rows which spin at carefully regulated speed to ensures that the cleaning solution is gently massaged into the carpet allowing the Bissell carpet shampooer to penetrate deep into the carpet where allergens, dirt and tough stains are embedded thus better cleaning for your carpet.
- This Bissell cleanview deep clean carpet cleaner also concentrates hot air and channels it out over the carpet surface to help it dry quickly.
3. Bissell Cleanview Lift Off Carpet Cleaner Reviews
The Bissell cleanview lift off carpet cleaner 22k7e is actually 2 devices in 1; It has a detachable portable pod that is a functioning handheld carpet shampooer for spot cleaning, auto car interiors and hard to reach spaces.
It is also a deep cleaner. It has 10 rows of Dirt Lifting dual rotating power brushes for deep cleaning. It also has a surround functionality that provides powerful suction that lifts off dirt from deep at the root of the carpet.
The powerful suction also helps your carpets to be touch dry immediately after cleaning. The 1500 watt motor heats water continuously with it’s built in water heater for effective cleaning. It features surround suction and ten rows power brushes that dislodge caked in dirt. It has two tanks (clean (2.5L)/ dirty water tank (2.5L)) that in total have 5 litres capacity and weighs 11 kgs. It has a decent 6.7 meters long power cord. It comes with an accessory tool for dealing with tough stains and a crevice spraying device to clean crevices.
- Ability to clean hard to reach places like stairs, cars, furniture and much more with the spot cleaner using the detachable pod cleaner.
- Optimum cleaning with the in-built heater that continuously heats the cleaning water as much as 14°C warmer for optimum cleaning
- Proven record of cleaning tough stains and deep cleaning that leaves your carpets looking like new.
- Pre-treatment tool and crevice tool for effective cleaning.
- It comes with a solid 5-years guarantee. This is an indicator of how reliable and durable this cleaner is.
- You have to detach the tank to use the hose, this is can be inconveniencing if you are cleaning on the go.
- The hose is not as long as you would want it to be, for instance it cannot stretch to cover the whole stairs, so you have to keep moving the portable cleaner up/down. However the portable is quit lightweight and won’t be a bother.
- The [easyazon_link identifier=”B00A25MV0K” locale=”UK” tag=”landingpage05-21″]Bissell cleanview lift off carpet cleaner 22k7e [/easyazon_link] is relatively heavy. It weighs 11 kgs. However when you detach the cleaning pod, the weight is drastically reduced and actually feels lightweight.
4. Bissell Lift Off with HeatWave Technology 11908 Reviews
The Bissell lift off with heatwave technology 11908 is versatile due to its dual capabilities as a deep cleaner and a portable spot cleaner. This means you are covered for all kinds of carpet cleaning tasks.
In case of accidental spills, the detachable spot cleaner will come in handy. The deep cleaner will elongate the life of your carpets by bringing the pile up and making them looking like new with every wash.
The 1500 Watt motor gives you added cleaning power and the heatwave technology that continually heats the cleaning water makes the Bissell Lift Off the best carpet cleaner with built-in heater.
Overall this is a decent cleaner that is quite versatile due to its two in one functionality.
- The detachable pod is the most impressive feature of this cleaner, it enables you to clean car interiors and basically becomes a handy portable cleaner that you can lug anywhere for your cleaning tasks.
- It is also effective in deep cleaning, thanks to the two sets of ten rows of rotating powerful Dirt lifting brushes and the in-built heater that continually heats the tap water for optimum performance.
- It has a broad floor head and edge sweepers for effective cleaning that gives you the ability to clean wide areas with just a few .
- The twin tanks are microban coated to eliminate any chance of bacteria that cause odour from building up in the water tanks.
- 93% of the 94 people that reviewed this cleaner are happy with their purchase. The Bissell lift off with heatwave technology 11908 is highly priced but offers bags of value. If your budget can stretch to 350 plus quid, then go for it.