Best Carpet Cleaner 2017
The best carpet cleaner is ideal in cleaning your carpet to its great condition. On the other hand, a bad model does not give good results. It leaves you with a grimy and dull carpet even after cleaning.
Carpet cleaners are built with a myriad of features, each designed to help towards a more effective, faster and easier cleaning. The most sought-after top rated carpet cleaner’ brands include Vax, Bissell, Rug Doctor, and Numatic (Check the comparison table below).
Note this: For the carpet cleaner to be consider as the best; it should have:
- At least a powerful suction to deep clean carpets and also aid in extracting excess water for quick drying.
- It should have a big water tank to enable you long continuous cleaning. This will save you time spent refilling the water tank.
- It should have motorised brushes that agitate ingrained dirt at the base of the carpet.
- It should also have a decent power cable that allows you to clean large areas without the need for unplugging your power sockets.
- The length of warrantee usually indicates how durable the gadget is. The best home carpet cleaner should have at least two years guarantee.
- Handheld brush – a tool that makes cleaning stairs, upholstery, various carpeted surfaces around your house, and even car seats
- Turbo tool – a rotating brush that deep-cleans areas hard to reach areas. Most Vax carpet cleaners come fitted with the patented spinscrub 6 rotating brushes.
And here are our top 10 best carpet cleaners of 2017 UK.
Top 10 Best Carpet Cleaners UK 2017
|Carpet Cleaner||Clean water capacity (L)||Cord length (m)||Weight (pounds)||Customer Ratings||Best Price|
|Carpet Cleaner||Clean water capacity (L)||Cord length (m)||Weight (pounds)||Customer Ratings||Best Price|
|Vax V-124A Dual V Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer||3.2||11.5||11||4.5|
|Vax W90-RU-P Rapide Ultra 2 Pre-Treatment Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer||3.0||11||10||4.5|
|BISSELL Cleanview Proheat Carpet Cleaner||3.4||8||9.2||4.6|
|Bissell CleanView Power Brush Carpet Cleaner 44L6E||3.0||8||13||4.7|
|Numatic GVE370-2GREEN George Wet and Dry Cleaner||9.0||26.8||9||4.4|
|Vax W90-RU-B Rapide Ultra Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer||3.0||8||10||4.5|
|Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner, 1300 W – Orange||4.0||2.5||8||4.4|
|Vax VRS5W Rapide Spring Carpet Washer||2.1||5.9||5.6||4.0|
The Best Carpet Cleaner UK 2017
#1: Best Home Carpet Cleaner – Vax V-124a Dual V
Vax Dual V Carpet Cleaner-V124A: The #1 best home carpet cleaner UK.
Based on our research, we found that the Vax Dual V Carpet Cleaner V-124A is the most recommended best Vax carpet cleaner UK 2017. Here is why the Vax Dual V-V124 Upright tops our list of the best carpet cleaners to buy UK 2017.
Vax dual v upright has an Automix feature that measures the correct mixture of solution & water automatically. There is no guess work on the ration of cleaning solution to water, this is done automatically by the Automix to ensure that the solution you use is perfect for breaking down all kinds of dirt and grime.
You also get a long (9m) power cord to the radius of most rooms. The 7 litre water tank (3.7L clean water tank and 3.2L dirty water tank) is big enough to cover large areas before refilling. This is ensures that you don’t lose momentum once you get going.
It features an upholstery cleaning wand for cleaning your sofas and couches. It has a continuous powerful suction all round the floor head thanks to the patented Dual V technology.
The powerful suction pulls all the dirt to a closed dirty water chamber and also sucks all the water from the carpet fibre to make them dry quicker.
Other key features include:
- The Vax SpinScrub technology that uses five rotating brushes to gently agitate deep seated dirt at the root of the carpet to dislodge it. This technology ensures that your carpets are deep cleaned without damaging the fibre of your carpet.
- You get heated cleaning whereby the cleaning water is continually heated to effectively clean all the dirt. Warm water cleans better than cold because it can break down greasy dirt and other stubborn grime. It also helps in drying the carpet quicker after washing.
- You get six years guarantee by the manufacturer when you buy the Vax V124A for peace of mind. The long warranty is also an indicator of how reliable and durable this cleaner is.
- It is slightly on the heavy side of things. It weighs 11.5 kgs.
- It is a bit noisy when in use. However most cleaners with powerful suction tend to be a bit loud.
Should you buy the Vax Dual V Carpet Cleaner V-124A?
This best selling carpet cleaner comes with decent features that will make your carpet cleaning chores a breeze. Carpets dry quickly; in a couple of hours. It is ideal for most home owners because it is both a deep cleaner and a spot cleaner.
The upholstery wand is also fitted with rotating SpinScrub brushes that cleans deep into the root fibre of the fabric. The rotating brushes on the upholstery attachment make the Vax Dual V Carpet Cleaner V-124A the best carpet cleaner for cat or dog poop, urine, vomit, pet odour and general pet stains. This is because the stair attachment effectively deep cleans even on small spots.
The 10 meter power cord and the PVC free hose make it convenient for cleaning stairs. It is the perfect carpet cleaner for stairs because of the long cord and the motorised stair attachment that easily stretch the entire length of most standard stairs.
The twin tanks that total to seven litre tank capacity enable you to clean continuously without interruption while the Automix feature perfectly mixes your cleaning water solution for effortless and effective cleaning.
All these quality features like Automix, heated cleaning, motorised SpinScrub brushes and a long six years warranty make the Vax Dual V the best carpet cleaner with heat. At the time of writing, this cleaner was going for less than 150 quid at Amazon. This gadget will provide value for your money.
#2: Vax Rapide Ultra 2 W90-RU-P Carpet Washer
The Vax Rapide Ultra 2 is currently one of the best selling carpet cleaner at Amazon. It has a long cable cord (11m) that is suitable for cleaning stairs and a pre-treatment sprayer for tackling stains and spot clean. Pre-treating stains makes it easy to eliminate tough stains and clean areas that are highly trafficked. It also features the proprietary oscillating SpinScrub technology that dislodges all caked in dirt at the root of the carpet without harming the fabric.
Other Key Features include
- Wash tool with three metres long adjustable hose to refresh carpets, upholstery, sofas & stairs. This can also be used to clean awkward and hard to reach places.
- It operates on patented dual V technology that aids in rapidly drying your carpets. The dual v also has a powerful suction that extracts excess water residue for effective cleaning.
- It has a big water tank (4.5 litres clean water tank and 3L dirty water tank) for uninterrupted long cleaning sessions. Ideal for spring cleaning.
It is both a spot cleaner to deal with accidental spills and a deep cleaner. You can clean your car/auto seats with the upholstery tool, your stairs and treat your stains.
- It only has two years guarantee compared to our top pick Vax 124A Dual V that has 6 years solid guarantee.
- It is relatively bulky. It weighs 10.2 kgs.
The Vax rapide ultra 2 provides good value for money no wonder it has been at the top of the best selling carpet cleaning machines in the UK for months. It can be used both as a spot cleaner and a deep cleaner. The long hose and power cord make cleaning stairs effortless. This cleaner is medium priced and has quite good feedback from people who have used it.
90% of the people who have reviewed it say the gadget is good value for money. It is quite versatile and reliable.
# 3: The Best Bissell Carpet Cleaner – Bissell 34T2E CleanView ProHeat
The Bissell 34T2E Proheat features heat wave technology on board heater that heats the water to 14 degrees for optimum and effective cleaning. It comes fitted with 6 rows of Bissell proprietary dirt lifter brushes that are powerful in lifting deeply caked in dirt and grime. They are also good in dealing with carpet stains.
It has edge to edge brushes for cleaning skirting and table legs. The floor head offers you full width cleaning. This Bissell 34T2E ProHeat has a powerful surround function that lifts dirt from the base of the carpet and also drains all the dirty water.
- A detachable nozzle that makes it easy to maintain and clean.
- Smart control setting that makes it easy to switch from one mode to the other, from hose extension, to upholstery, to floor cleaning, to carpet extension for cleaning stairs.
- It has a powerful motor of 1400 Watt for extra cleaning functionality.
- It comes with a two years guarantee for peace of mind.
- It is coated with microban that deals with odour causing bacteria.
- It has a 2 in 1 water tank that is easy to refill.
- It has no indicator to signal you when the water runs out.
- In case you have hard floors, you have to buy a separate hard floor tool to use it.
Bissell Proheat Review
The Bissell ProHeat is relatively lightweight. It weighs only 9.25 kgs and so it’s easy to roll it around your house to clean your house especially the stairs.
It has a 2 meters hose with a tool for cleaning stairs, upholstery and other awkward and hard to reach spaces. The 8 meters cable cord is decent enough to cover a wide radius and is suitable for most standard rooms.
The Bissell Proheat is a powerful and effective carpet cleaning machine because of the innovative Heat wave technology that continuously heats water for overall optimum performance. It has full sized floor head cleaning functionality with edge sweepers that clean near dashboards and around furniture legs.
The Bissell CleanView ProHeat Carpet Cleaner-34T2E is in the medium high price range but you cannot fault the impressive performance it offers.
It has variable control for convenience; it is easy to roll about the house because it is relatively lightweight.
If this cleaner is within your budget then go for it because this cleaner is effective and reliable. You can read a more detailed review of the Bissell ProHeat here on Amazon.
There is a more improved version of the Proheat called BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution Carpet Cleaner 18588 that you may want to consider.
BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution Carpet Cleaner 18588
This compact cleaner just like the Bissell Clean View Deep Clean has 12 rows of dirt lifting rotating brushes that effectively clean deep down at the root of the carpet. It is powered by an 880 Watt motor engine and has a 3.7 litre two in 1 tank. One tank for the dirty water and the other for clean water.
It weighs only 8 kgs and has a hose tool that can be used to clean upholstery. It employs Heat Wave Technology in which tap water is heated by the cleaner to enhance cleaning effectiveness. It features edge brushes that make it easy to clean around table legs and skirting. It is said to outperform top rental carpet cleaners like rug doctor.
Other key features of the BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution Carpet Cleaner 18588 include.
- Dries carpets quickly, in about an hour by employing heat wave technology
- It has antibacterial cleaning functionality.
- It is quite light & Manoeuvrable
- It has variable Cleaning Mode that allows you to adjust setting to suit your floor type.
- The tank features an easy fill system.
- It has detachable nozzle and hose for ease of manoeuvre.
- It completely deals with tough stains especially when used with Bissell Oxy cleaning formula enhancer
- It features variable cleaning control modes.
Cons of the 18588 Bissell carpet cleaner
- The hooks for storing the flex at the back of the handle are not big enough to accommodate the entire power cable.
- The power cord is not long enough (7m) to cover large rooms without plugging and unplugging.
BISSELL ProHeat 2X Review
The BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution comes with a 6 years guarantee and employs cutting edge features like the heat wave technology that enables the cleaner to dry carpets quicker, typically within an hour.
It has on board tools and variable control tools to adjust for different texture/ fibres of different carpets. It also has a hose upholstery tool that really makes it quite versatile.
All in all this is a decent cleaner with a 12 row brushes that cleans deep at the root of the carpet and is quite lightweight. Check it out at Amazon.
#4. Bissell CleanView Power Brush Carpet Cleaner 44L6E
The Bissell CleanView Power Brush is in the medium price range and has an upholstery tool and hose attachment for cleaning stairs. It features five dirt lifting rotating power brushes that dislodge deep seated dirt by agitating them to leave your carpets looking like new.
It also has edge sweep brush functionality which offers full sized cleaning and makes it easy to clean around furniture legs and baseboards/skirting. It has variable control setting that enables you to effortlessly change from floor cleaning mode, stair mode to furniture cleaning mode for maximum versatility.
You can use it to deep clean your floors and also spruce up your sofas with the upholstery attachment. It weights 13 kgs and has 3 litres water capacity. It is powered by 800 watts motor and has a decent 8 metres power cable which is long enough to cover large rooms without plugging and unplugging.
- It is relatively heavy. It weighs 13 kgs. However it rolls on wheels and easy to use once you get going.
- Some customers say the instructions are not as straight forward as you would want it to be.
- The water tank a bit small such that you have to refill it in order to complete cleaning wide areas.
- It has an easy fill 2 in 1 tank that saves you the hassle of dealing with two separate tanks.
- The five rotating brushes do a good job of dislodging hidden dirt deep-down the base of the carpet.
- With the help of the upholstery tool you can effortlessly spot clean smudges and clean your furniture as well as in difficult-to-reach places.
- Quickly change from floor-cleaning to steps and furniture cleaning using the integral control panel
- It comes with a 2-Year Guarantee
The Bissell CleanView Power Brush works really well to clean all caked in dirt at the root of the carpet. It has an easy to fill two in 1 tank that is convenient to use. It dries carpets quickly after use.
It is relatively quieter than most carpet cleaning machines. It is easy to assemble and get going. It has a pre- stain spot cleaner wand that can be used to break down tough stains. The rotating brushes clean a treat and will leave your carpets looking like new.
Bissell CleanView Power Brush is durable: it comes with a two year warrantee, however it can last much more that the 2 years. A number of customers report having had their cleaners for 5+ years of regular use. It is efficient: the rotating power brushes clean the entire fibre of the carpet from the base to bring up your pile.
The Bissell CleanView Powerbrush is perfect for every busy family home. It has an upholstery tool that helps in cleaning hard to reach areas and sofas.
The 2 in 1 tank makes it easy to refill and empty the tanks. The tanks are microban coated to stop any build up of bacteria that causes odours. You can be rest assured that your cleaner will always smell fresh because the tanks are easy to wash after use and also inhibit any odour causing bacteria because of the microban coating.
The edge sweep brush ensures that no surface is left untouched, even seemingly hard to clean areas are effectively cleaned.
It is versatile since you can use it to deep clean thanks to the dirt lifting rotating power brushes and also to spot clean using the upholstery tool. It is an all round cleaner and not just a carpet cleaner for carpeted surface only.
It can clean other parts of the house like your sofas and couches and will surely improve the way you clean your home. 94% of the people who have bought this cleaner rate it highly. They say it is good value for money.
Check it out now here. There is a newer version of this cleaner called BISSELL PowerClean StainPro 4 Carpet Washer, 800 W, Titanium/Red.
How does the Bissell ProHeat compare with Bissell Powerbrush?
Bissell ProHeat VS Bissell Powerbrush
- The Proheat has internal continuous heating thanks to the Bissell Heat Wave technology that heats the cleaning water tank to 14 degrees Celsius for better cleaning performance. Warm heated water easily breaks down soluble and all sorts of dirt including oily ones.
- The Powerbrush doesn’t have this feature. Like most other carpet cleaners, you heat the clean water before you mix it with the solution and use it to clean. However as the cleaning progresses, the temperature of the clean water drops and with the drop in temp so also is the drop in cleaning effectiveness.
- The other major difference between the Bissell ProHeat and the Bissell Power brush is that he pro heat has 6 rows of rotating dirt lifter power brushes while the Powerbrush has only 5 rows of rotating power brushes.
- The ProHeat has a bigger 3.4 clean water tank than the Powerbrush
#5.Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright Carpet Washer
The Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright Carpet Washer is packed with high end cutting edge features but is medium priced. The key feature that sets the All Terrain apart from others is the ability to effortlessly clean both hard floors and carpets.
It also features an auto mix functionality that automatically mixes the correct ratio of carpet shampoo to clean water for optimum performance. It employs the Vax patented Dual V technology that has a powerful suction and helps carpets dry really quick, usually in a couple of hours.
It comes with an auto-rinse feature that reduces the shampoo residue on the cleaned carpets. This fast tracks the cleaning process.In the Automix mode, whenever you push the cleaner forward, the solution is jetted to your carpet and when you push it backwards; all the wet solution on the carpet/hard floor is rinsed and drained.
Key Features and Pros
- It has rotating SpinScrub brushes that gently clean at the root of the carpet by agitating ingrained dirt without damaging the carpet.
- It has heated cleaning feature that constantly blows out hot air to the carpet to make them dry faster.
- It has a long hose (2.4m) fitted with a cleaner attachment (hand cleaning tool) which is quite effective in cleaning upholstery, stairs and for spot cleaning accidental spills.
- It has separate clean water and dirty water tanks to avoid any cross contamination. The tanks are also quite large for continuous long cleaning sessions; the clean water tank has a capacity of 3.7 litres and the dirty water tank has a capacity of 3.0 litres.
- It has a nifty fingertip control panel for convenience.
- It has a 1350 Watt motor which provides you extra cleaning power.
- It rolls on wheels and is easy to roll around in spite of the 12 kgs weight.
- You get a solid six years manufacturers guarantee when you register your cleaner in the manufacturer’s website.
Cons of the Vax V-125A All Terrain Carpet Cleaner
- It is relatively heavy. It weight 12 kgs. However it effortlessly rolls on wheels and is easy to move from one place to the other.
- It is slightly noisy. However most carpet cleaners with strong suction are loud when in use, this is expected when you have a powerful suction.
Vax V-125A All Terrain Carpet Cleaner Review
Most home owners will love this cleaner because it caters for both carpets and hard floors which is a common feature in most homes. It has a long enough power cord that is 11.5 meters long. You don’t have to plug and unplug when using the Vax All Terrain.
The long power cable with the equally long hose extension (2.4 m) is perfect for cleaning stair without having to lift your cleaner up the stairs. It comes with a hard floor squeegee and a hard floor spin scrub block in the accessory kit. This is unlike in the Bissell ProHeat that require you to but a hard floor tool to use it on your hard floors.
The Vax V-125A All Terrain Carpet Cleaner is the best choice for busy homes that are highly trafficked. It offers unquestionable value for money. It is a solid carpet cleaner that is versatile enough to not only clean different surfaces (carpets and hard floors) but it can also be used for spot cleaning, upholstery cleaner and is perfect for stairs.
The upholstery attachment makes dealing with pet urine, odour and stains easy. It is the best carpet cleaner for pets. It has a sturdy build and a wide floor head that will easily cover wide areas with a few swipes.
It has heated cleaning in which hot air is blown to your floors leaving them touch dry- dry enough to walk on them and put back your furniture in place. Most other carpet cleaners take between half an hour to one hour for your carpets to be touch dry.
You get an iron clad 6 years guarantee when you buy. How is that for reliability? The v-125a is in medium priced and currently heavily discounted at Amazon.
#6. Bissell CleanView Lift-Off Carpet Cleaner 22K7E/11908
The Lift-Off is actually 2 devices in 1; It has a detachable portable pod that is a functioning handheld carpet shampooer for spot cleaning, auto car interiors and hard to reach spaces.
It is also a deep cleaner. It has 10 rows of Dirt Lifting dual rotating power brushes for deep cleaning. It also has a surround functionality that provides powerful suction that lifts off dirt from deep at the root of the carpet.
The powerful suction also helps your carpets to be touch dry immediately after cleaning. The 1500 watt motor heats water continuously with it’s built in water heater for effective cleaning. It features surround suction and ten rows power brushes that dislodge caked in dirt. It has two tanks (clean (2.5L)/ dirty water tank (2.5L)) that in total have 5 litres capacity and weighs 11 kgs. It has a decent 6.7 meters long power cord. It comes with an accessory tool for dealing with tough stains and a crevice spraying device to clean crevices.
- Ability to clean hard to reach places like stairs, cars, furniture and much more with the spot cleaner using the detachable pod cleaner.
- Optimum cleaning with the in-built heater that continuously heats the cleaning water as much as 14°C warmer for optimum cleaning
- Proven record of cleaning tough stains and deep cleaning that leaves your carpets looking like new.
- Pre-treatment tool and crevice tool for effective cleaning.
- It comes with a solid 5-years guarantee. This is an indicator of how reliable and durable this cleaner is.
- You have to detach the tank to use the hose, this is can be inconveniencing if you are cleaning on the go.
- The hose is not as long as you would want it to be, for instance it cannot stretch to cover the whole stairs, so you have to keep moving the portable cleaner up/down. However the portable is quit lightweight and won’t be a bother.
- The Lift-Off is relatively heavy. It weighs 11 kgs. However when you detach the cleaning pod, the weight is drastically reduced and actually feels lightweight.
BISSELL Lift-Off with Heat Wave Technology 11908/22K7E Review
The BISSELL Lift-Off with Heat Wave Technology 11908/22K7E is versatile due to its dual capabilities as a deep cleaner and a portable spot cleaner. This means you are covered for all kinds of carpet cleaning tasks.
In case of accidental spills, the detachable spot cleaner will come in handy. The deep cleaner will elongate the life of your carpets by bringing the pile up and making them looking like new with every wash.
The 1500 Watt motor gives you added cleaning power and the heatwave technology that continually heats the cleaning water makes the Bissell Lift Off the best carpet cleaner with built-in heater.
Overall this is a decent cleaner that is quite versatile due to its two in one functionality. The detachable pod is the most impressive feature of this cleaner, it enables you to clean car interiors and basically becomes a handy portable cleaner that you can lug anywhere for your cleaning tasks.
It is also effective in deep cleaning, thanks to the two sets of ten rows of rotating powerful Dirt lifting brushes and the in-built heater that continually heats the tap water for optimum performance.
It has a broad floor head and edge sweepers for effective cleaning that gives you the ability to clean wide areas with just a few .
The twin tanks are microban coated to eliminate any chance of bacteria that cause odour from building up in the water tanks.
93% of the 94 people that reviewed this cleaner are happy with their purchase. This cleaner is highly priced but offers bags of value. If your budget can stretch to 350 plus quid, then go for it.
Apparently there is a new version of this cleaner called BISSELL ProHeat 2X Lift-Off Carpet Washer which you can check here.
#7.Vax W90 RU B Rapide Ultra : The Best Wet Upright Carpet Cleaner
The Vax W90 RU B rapide ultrafeatures the patented Dual V suction technology by Vax and also employs powerful jet technique that comprehensively deep cleans your carpets by injecting water mixed with the cleaning solution deep into the root of your carpet.
This allows you to break down ingrained dirt at the base of the carpet that normally flattens the carpet. The Dual V provides ultra powered suction that sucks excess water to fast track the drying of your carpets.
It comes with an upholstery cleaning tool that you can use to clean your sofas and carpets. You can also use it to clean stair and hard to reach areas. The Vax W90 RU B is more or less like the top rated Rapide Ultra2 with the exception that this one does not have a pre-treatment wand as the Ultra 2.
Other Key Features/Pros
It has a three meters stretch hose to help you clean tight and awkward spaces like under furniture, the stairs and hard to reach areas. The 3m stretch 8m hose in combination with the power cord effortlessly cover the entire length of your stair case.
It features rotating brushes that agitate and dismantled caked in dirt deep at the base of the carpet.
The upholstery tool helps you quickly deal with accidental spills.
It has a big tank capacity (4.5 L clean water tank and 3L dirty water tank) that gives you prolonged continuous uninterrupted cleaning.
It is relatively heavy at 10.2 kgs; however this should not be an issue because it rolls on wheels.
It does not come with a measuring jug to measure the cleaning solution.
It is a bit noisy; this is expected due to the powerful suction that leaves your carpets touch dry.
This cleaner is ideal for busy homes with pets and children. The Dual V leaves the carpets touch dry shortly after being cleaned. The powerful jets percolate water deep into the carpet and removes odours that could be building up and leaves your carpets looking like new and its fibre fluffy again.
The Vax W90 RU B is medium priced and has more or less the same features as the Which? best buy Rapide Ultra2. It is powered by a 1000 watts motor that will give you extra cleaning power. It has separate tanks to avoid any cross contamination.
It comes with two years guarantee for peace of mind. If you are looking for a quality cleaner that will rejuvenate your carpets then Check it now at Amazon.
#8. Bissell CleanView Deep Clean Carpet Cleaner 18Z7E
The Bissell CleanView Deep Clean Carpet Cleaner 18Z7E is powered by an 1850 Watts motor engine for extra cleaning power. It has a decent 9 meters cable cord, enough to cover the stairs and the radius of any standard room.
It has a spot-cleaning function that enables you to pre-treat stubborn stains to break them down before cleaning. It also has an internal /in-built heater that helps carpets dry quicker. Carpets are touch-dry after cleaning.
It features 12 rotating power brushes that clean all caked in dirt at the root of the carpet. That is why it is called deep clean. The 12 brushes deep clean at the root of the carpet and make your carpets look like new.
It has two tanks with a 3 litre total tank capacity. It comes with an upholstery tool and has edge brushes that make it to clean effectively around furniture legs and skirting.
Pros of Bissell Clean View Rug Cleaner
- It has DryAire hot air-jets that assist to dry your carpets as you clean
- The dual rotating power brushes gently agitate caked in dirt and eliminate deep-seated grime from rugs.
- It has variable control that permits you to choose from lighting clear, rinse, regular and heavy-traffic and options from the settings.
- It features edge sweep brushes that allow full breadth cleaning. They clean around skirting and table legs effectively.
- It has an in built heater that continually heats the water for effective cleaning.
- It comes with a 5 Years Guarantee for peace of mind
- It has a tough stain tool to deal with stubborn stains.
- It easily removes odours and smells from your carpets.
- It is slightly heavy than most standard carpet cleaners.
- It is bulky and might pose storage challenges for those with small homes.
The Bissell CleanView Deep clean is perfect for a busy home due to its upholstery tool that can also be used to clean accidental messes and general spot cleaning tasks. The rotating power brushes clean deep at the root of the carpet to dislodge all etched dirt at the base of the carpet.
The DryAire hot air-jets make your carpets touch dry just after cleaning, no long waiting times. The edge sweep brushes ensure that every inch of space is covered when cleaning. You can customise the cleaning setting on the go; choose from rinse mode normal or heavy traffic.
The 9 meter long power cord and the upholstery tool makes cleaning carpets a breeze. The internal heater monitors the water temperatures so that they do not drop below 25 degree Celsius. Hot lukewarm water is more effective at breaking greasy/oily dirt and all form of dirt than cold water. This ensures that your carpets are comprehensively cleaned to make them look like new.
This cleaner is medium priced and provides bags of value. It has received good customer feedback from people who have bought and use it in their day to day cleaning tasks. It has 90% positive customer approval with many who have bought it recommending to their friends and relatives.
Read customer review of the Bissell Cleanview Deep Clean 18Z7E Carpet Cleaner here.
There is a new version of the deep clean called BISSELL PowerClean StainPro 10 Carpet Washer, 800 W, Titanium/Red which you can find here.
BISSELL PowerClean StainPro 10 Carpet Washer
The BISSELL Power Clean StainPro 10 Carpet Washer has a larger water tank than the deep clean and features Bissell proprietary Heat Wave technology that continually heats the clean water tank for effective cleaning. It is 9kgs which is lightweight compared to the Bissell Cleanview deep clean.
It has two in one tank unlike the deep clean that has twin tank. 2 in 1 tanks are easy to fill and empty. You don’t have to deal with two tanks but just one with two different compartments. It has a crevices tool for cleaning crevices like in the stairs joints. The deep clean doesn’t have this functionality. It comes with Bissell patented Oxy action that permanently deals with stains. It has onboard tool and hose. It has powerful features to tackle stubborn grime in carpets.
#9. Bissell CleanView Quick Wash
The Bissell Cleanview Quick wash is quite light weight (6kgs) and has a smallish footprint compared to most carpet cleaners. It has six rows of cross action power brushes which effectively break down caked in dirt. It has a small tank capacity of 2 litres and a motor power of 500 Watts. It has two tanks one for the clean water/solution and the other for dirty water.
- It has small footprint which makes it easy to store.
- It has detachable nozzles that are easy to maintain and clean
- It comes with two years guarantee for peace of mind.
- Its tanks are coated with microban to inhibit the growth of odour causing bacteria.
- It has an easy release cord wrap and a 7.6 power cable.
- It has edge sweep brushes that clean right up to the edge of dashboards/skirting.
- It has a small water tank, so you will have to refill a few times to do the whole house.
- The dirt water tank is a bit messy to empty.
- It does not have tools like hose for cleaning stairs or tough stain brush like other big cleaners
This cleaner is made for those who need a cleaner for day to day use. It will help you deal with spillages and quick washes to spruce up your carpets. The cross action brushes are specially designed break down and loosen dirt that is ingrained in the carpet.
It has good suction that will aid your carpet dry after a couple of hours once cleaned. It is suitable for most homes that need a fully fledged cleaner to keep their carpets clean. This is as small as Vax powermax but I think it provides more value than the powermax that only has one year guarantee.
The Cleanview quick wash has 2 years guarantee. Check this cleaner in Amazon now.
#10. Vax Powermax VRS5W Carpet Washer
The Vax VRS5W Powermax is a budget carpet cleaner and quite suitable for day to day cleaning tasks like accidental spillages, spot cleaning and sprucing up your carpets. The nozzle is 24 cm wide which provides decent air flow.
It can also deep clean thanks to its integrated bars of brushes and jetting water that loosens dried stains. The nozzle sucks excess water to make your carpets dry quicker. It is smallish in size. It is quite lightweight for a carpet cleaner. It weighs only 5.6kgs.
- It features a twin tank: one for clean water that has a capacity of 2.1 litres and the other one is a dirty water tank with a capacity of 1.7 litres. This is big enough for day to day cleaning tasks.
- It has a 5.3 metre power cord which is just about enough radius to cover decent ground when cleaning your rooms.
- Sucks spills with 28 jets for quick and easy sucking of spills.
- 1 year guarantee
- It can only clean carpeted floors and not sofas. Since it is a cheap carpet cleaner, its functionality is limited. It has no features like upholstery tool.
- It doesn’t have accessories like a long hose to clean carpets and the power cord is short in comparison to other carpet cleaners.
- Like most carpet cleaners, it is noisy when in use. But this is no deal breaker because almost all carpet cleaners are generally noisy when in use.
The Vax powermax vrs5wis fairly good for keeping on top of day to day rug cleaning tasks. You get what you pay for. This is a budget cleaner and its functionality is limited when compared to other carpet cleaners that can deep clean and leave your carpets touch dry moments after cleaning.
The Vax powermax will make a great buy for homes with pets and children who have to deal with daily accidental spills and mess. It is quite compact and easy to store due to its small size. It is perfect for small jobs and general sprucing of carpeted floors.
If you are looking to deep clean your carpets then choose a carpet with more power. It is good value for money small cleaning tasks and will keep your carpets clean and stain free.
Best Carpet Cleaner For Car
When it comes to best carpet cleaner for car in the UK, there only four main choices to choose from:
- BISSELL 30K4E Little Green Multi-Purpose Compact Earth Friendly Deep Cleaner – Machine Only, (See comparison table below)
- Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner, 1.9 Litre, Red/Black and the
- BISSELL 1923e SpotClean Cordless Cleaner, Titanium/Disco Teal.
- Bissell Lift Off detachable pod that can be use as a portable handheld carpet cleaner.
All these four hand held carpet cleaners are lightweight and compact, they can be used to both spot clean carpets upholstery. You can also clean area rugs and carpets with handheld cleaners. However to clean large carpeted flooring with one of these small carpet cleaners will take a lot of time and extra hard work.
Compare Best Carpet Cleaners for Cars
|car carpet cleaner||Motorised brush||Cord length||Clean water tank capacity|
|On-board heater||Removable nozzle|
|BISSELL 30K4E Little Green Multi-Purpose Compact Earth Friendly Deep Cleaner–|| |
No (three rows of brushes on handheld: rotating brush bar)
|Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner, 1.9 Litre, Red/Black||Yes (vibrating brush that oscillate forward and backwards)|| |
No but has double suction power to aid quick drying
|the BISSELL 1923e SpotClean Cordless Cleaner|| |
No (three rows of brushes on handheld)
Yes: Heat Wave technology
It goes without saying that handheld carpet cleaners are the most convenient gadgets for cleaning your car upholstery.
Although at the moment of writing the Bissell Little green was the best selling small carpet cleaner; As you can see in the table above, if we look at bare specifications the Rug Doctor portable small carpet shampooer seems to be a step ahead in the race for best small carpet cleaner for cars when compared to Bissell Little Green and the Bissell 1923 Spotclean.
Here is what you get with the Rug Doctor Spot Cleaner:
Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner Review: Small Carpet Cleaner
The Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner weighs 9 kgs and has 1.9 litres clean water tank capacity. The cord length is a respectable 4.6 meters long.
It has an inbuilt retractable handle and rolls on wheels for ultimate convenience. It is designed to fit squarely on any standard stairs. It has a motorised brush that enables you to deep clean spills and accidental mess.
It is easy to store due to its smallish size. The thing that sets the rug doctor apart from its competitors is the double suction power that lifts off dirt from the root of the carpet and also removes excess water for quick drying of carpets.
Best Spot Carpet Cleaner
Among the three small carpet cleaner above the rug doctor is the more costly one. It goes for over 150 quid; while the Little Green goes for slightly under a hundred quid and the Bissell Spot Clean under 135 quid (These prices are accurate at time of wring but may change at any time. They are not the exact price tag but a general guideline of what each cleaner might cost).
If your budget for a portable cleaner stretches to the 150 range, then the Rug Doctor might just be the best carpet cleaner for your car and spot cleaning. It has high suction, a removable nozzle which makes it easy to clean and maintain the cleaner and it rolls on wheels so that quickly wheel to the spot to be cleaned and back. The retractable handle increases the level of convenience.
If your budget is in the 135 range, then you may want to consider the BISSELL 1923e SpotClean Cordless Cleaner.
BISSELL 1923e SpotClean Cordless Cleaner Review
The BISSELL 1923e SpotClean Cordless Cleaner has the smallest water tank of the three small carpet cleaners we have looked at. It has a 1.1L clean water capacity and is perfect for upholstery cleaning and cleaning car interiors. It has a lithium ion battery that can give you long continuous cleaning (20 minutes) that is why it’s called cordless.
It is light weight. It weighs only 3.9 kgs and is easy to store due to its compact nature. It has the Heat wave technology that is patented by Bissell. The Heat wave technology blows hot air to the carpet to leave them touch dry immediately after cleaning. It has a tough stain tool for dealing with stains.Check it out at Amazon.
Apart from the Heat Wave technology there is not much difference between, the the BISSELL 1923e SpotClean Cordless Cleaner and the Bissell Little Green that goes for less than 100.
Best Lightweight Carpet Cleaner (Portable Handheld Carpet Cleaner)
The best lightweight carpet cleaner in the portable handheld carpet cleaners is the Bissell Little Green. This cleaner has more or less the same features as the top rated Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner and yet budget friendly. See below a review of the Little Green to find out why we consider it the best lightweight carpet cleaner.
BISSELL Little Green portable carpet cleaner 30K4E
This hand held carpet cleaner is popularly known as the little green machine. It is quite portable and perfect for spot cleaning. It has almost the same capabilities as a big carpet cleaning machines without the footprint of a bulky machine that can be difficult to store if you live in a small house.
It has a 1.4 litre twin tank water capacity. It has a 4.6 meters cable length which is enough to cover a standard room. It also features an upholstery hose for cleaning your sofas/couches.
This compact hand carpet cleaner can be used to clean carpets upholstery, car seats, pet stains and caravans. It can be used on the go because you can easily store it with cleaning solution without damaging it. This means, whenever you need to spot clean, all you need is to plug it on and start cleaning. Here below are some key features.
Key Features of the Best Hand-Held Carpet Cleaner
- A small carpet solution for handy each day use especially cleaning spills
- Effective spray and suction helps clean and dry in a single simple step
- It is portable. The small style makes washing difficult to reach places easy
- You can store it with cleaning solution ready to use when accidents occur
- It is easy to assemble and store
- It has a powerful suction that cleans really well
Cons of the small carpet cleaner – Bissell Little Green Machine handheld carpet cleaner
- Does not work very well in removing old caked stains, it is mainly good for spot cleaning fresh stains.
- It is hard work and consumes a lot of time when using it to clean large areas due to its small water tank.
- You have to clean the dirty water tank after use, otherwise it may start smelling.
BISSELL Little Green Portable Carpet Cleaner Review
This cleaner though small cleans as effectively as any carpet cleaner both for large and small areas. It also has a powerful suction and spray that makes it quite effective in removing spills and stains.
It is made up of recycled plastic and thus environmentally friendly. It is quite sturdy and works really well on low pile carpets and upholstery.
It is perfect for car set cleaning, spot cleaning and dealing with accidental spills that could smudge your carpets. If you have dogs or cats, this is perfect for cleaning pet’s accidents on carpets.
It has a good customer feedback and rating. 92% of the people who used it are quite happy with their purchase. It is arguably the best carpet cleaner for area rugs.Check it out in Amazon
Best Wet Carpet Cleaner
You may be asking what wet carpet is cleaning. Well, wet carpet cleaning is mostly used in professional cleaning, where it is also referred to as steam cleaning or extraction of hot water.
The carpets are pre-treated with a carpet cleaning solution to break down oily and soiled dirt that is caked at the root of the carpet. Hot water is then injected by pressurised water jets into the base of the carpet.
The steaming water is left for 10-15 minutes to dissolve soiled and oily dirt. After the 10-15 minutes, the water/solution is then extracted by a powerful suction. This cleaning technique achieves stellar results. In most cases carpets are left looking rejuvenated.
Here is why wet carpet cleaning works perfectly: the pressurised steaming water and solution breaks oily and soiling that is seated at the base of the carpet. The 10 minutes wait time allows the cleaning solution to react and break all in-grained dirt.
The powerful suction and cleaning brush also increases the chemical reactivity to effectively clean your rug. This is the most recommended cleaning method by carpet cleaning professionals.
The domestic/upright carpet cleaner that closely mimics this strategy is the Vax W90 RU B Rapide Ultra Upright Carpet Cleaner.
Best Carpet Cleaner under 200
You can get a top carpet washer for mid-range price of not more than £200 if you check for deals at Amazon. Some models can even go on sale for as low as 50 like the Vax Powermax. However, some we’ve researched that fall under 100 mostly have failed to meet expectations of the best carpet shampooer, but it does not necessarily mean that getting an expensive carpet cleaners instead is the best solution. Around 200 up would typically give you the best carpet cleaner machine 2017 , and it’s possible to get the best among the crowd that perfectly meets your standards.
#1: Rug Doctor X3 Mighty Pro
The Rug Doctor X3 Mighty Pro is designed for both domestic home use and professional cleaning. It comes with the trademark Rug Doctor Seal of quality. It comes with five year guarantee.
It has a powerful 1200 Watt motor engine for extra power. It has a massive water tank of 11.4 litres and a power cord with operating radius of 3.7 meters. It is quite bulky compared to the upright cleaners we have in our top ten. It weighs 18kgs.
Key Features of the Rug Doctor X3 Mighty Pro
- It comes with a 3.7 powerful vacuum attachment to extract excess water.
- It has characteristic of one pass cleaning that will save you time. Unlike most upright cleaners that need back and forth swipes to effectively clean your rugs, the Rug Doctor X3 Mighty Pro only does this with one swipe.
- It has three rows of brushes that provide triple action deep cleaning .
- Easy controls that feature one button activation
- It has a down folding handle for convenient storage.
- It provides professional cleaning quality results when compared to most upright gadgets reviewed here.
- It has a large footprint. You cannot really store it under the stairs like other upright gadgets we have in the top ten. With the Rug Doctor X3 Mighty Pro you need garage storage space.
- It is quite costly in comparison to common cleaners.
- It heavy and bulky. It weighs 18 kgs
Rug Doctor X3 Mighty Pro Review
No doubt the rug doctor is a quality cleaner and will provide you professional results whenever you use it. The three row brushes loosen dirt and the extracts them to clean deeply into your carpets.
You can activate the brush agitator and injection for pressure solution with just one button. This makes it super easy to operate.
It has a quick release feature that makes emptying and refilling the water tanks a breeze. The tank is big enough to cover your entire house with one go. The 3.7 meters upholstery attachment makes cleaning awkward places like, skirting under furniture and table legs easy.
It is perfect for stairs because the hose will effortlessly reach the entire stair case. It can also be used to spruce up your car upholstery.
The Rug Doctor X3 Mighty Pro may look costly when considering upfront buying price but if you add up the 30 pounds you spend to get a professional Rug Doctor from the super market, then over time, it makes perfect sense to get the Rug Doctor X3 Mighty Pro which is currently going for over 400 quid.
This cleaner will rejuvenate and deodorise your rugs and make them look like new. It is highly regarded by industry experts and leaders.
If the Rug Doctor X3 Mighty Pro is within your budget and have ample storage in your house, then go for it. Your carpets will look like new once they get Rug Doctor X3 Mighty Pro treatment.
#2: Numatic GVE370-2GREEN George Wet and Dry Cleaner
The Numatic GVE370-2GREEN George Wet and Dry Cleaner is designed for domestic use. It is powered by a 1200Watt motor engine that provides power to vacuum and wet clean your carpets and upholstery.
It is quite multifunctional and manufactured by the creators of the popular Henry Numatic vacuum cleaner. It has a 9 litre water capacity and weighs 9 kgs. It rolls on wheels and quite portable. It comes with a 2 year manufacturer guarantee.
- It has a long a long power cable; a respectable 26.8 metres which is long enough to do all your rooms without ever unplugging. The cable is wrapped around the body of George Numatic.
- It has a powerful suction, thanks to the vacuum Turboflo turbine that powerfully sucks dirt hidden at the base of the carpet. It also allows for long continuous cleaning.
- It can be used for both wet and dry cleaning. It has a 9 litres wet tank capacity and 15 litres capacity for vacuuming. This is more than enough capacity for day to day carpet cleaning and vacuuming of your floors.
- The dry cleaning (vacuuming) employs Tritex filtration system that ensures all the dust collected by the powerful suction does not escape and keeps the air fresh. It also protects your motor and makes it last long.
- It features the proprietary Powerflo system that pumps out jets of water/cleaning solution continuously deep into the root of your carpet. This allow for non-stop deep cleaning cycle.
This cleaning machine is a bit noisy. However as already noted, powerful suction in most cases comes with noisy machines.
No automatic rewind to the power cable, manual rewinding can be inconveniewnt.
Dust bags are a bit large and may pose a challenge to replace. The dust filter is re-usable and you really want to change the bags outside, away from your carpets.
It comes without a Heppa filter but the Tritrex filtration and Hepaflo dust bags ensures that your house is left with pure air after vacuuming. No escaping dust.
Numatic GVE370-2GREEN George Wet and Dry Cleaner Review
The George Numatic wet and dry cleaner is a complete package for all your floor domestic cleaning chores. As a vacuum, it is excellent. It has a powerful suction and a large bag cylinder. You have to switch a few things in order to use as a wet cleaner but once you are set, it press and go. The upholstery has a powerful suction and will leave your upholstery rejuvenated. The powerflo system helps clean deep at the base of the carpet and it has a powerful suction that will aid your carpets to dry quicker. The cable and long hose are perfect for cleaning the stairs. The Numatic George is battle tested and quite durable and reliable. The Numatic GVE370-2GREEN George Wet and Dry Cleaner definitely offers value for money. It saves you from buying potentially three cleaning gadgets.
#3: Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner, 1300 W – Orange
The Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum cleaner, 1300 W – Orange is a power wet and dry 3 in 1 carpet cleaner. It can vacuum, wet clean your carpets and deep clean your upholstery.
It is powered by a 1300 Watt motor engine and has a 10 meter long power cord and 2.5 meters hose which is enough radius to cover larger areas and almost every standard room.
The cable length, hose extension and hose add up to 18 meters cleaning reach. It has a 12 litre water capacity (4 L clean water and 8 l dirty water capacity) that will allow you to clean a standard room without refilling.
Key Features of the Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister best carpet cleaners for home use
- It features a 2.5 hose that is perfect for cleaning stairs and upholstery.
- It has on-board tools where you can tore accessories for ease of convenience.
- It comes with two years manufacturer guarantee for peace of mind.
- It has a crevice tool for tight spaces and an upholstery tool
- It has a fibreflow head that deep cleans your carpets.
- It has a 2.5 metre hose and wash tool that makes cleaning stairs , upholstery and car seats effortless.
- It comes with a three part stainless tubes and a dusting brush for cleaning your curtains.
- It does not have a retractable cable, wrapping the cable around the canister can be inconvenient to some people.
- It is a bit noisy when in you. However all carpet cleaners with powerful suction are noisy anyway.
- Some customers have noted that it is a bit heavy especially when cleaning long stairs. However the 10 meters power cable and 2.5mhose should be adequate for standard stairs.
Review of Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner Wet and Dry Carpet Cleaner
The Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner is perfect for common day to cleaning tasks at home. It can deal with accidental spills, deep clean your carpets and spruce up your upholstery. The vacuum has a powerful suction and operates on the bagged system which is relatively easy to empty without being messy.
The powerful suction makes your carpets dry quicker because it will suck all water from the base of the carpet which fast tracks the drying of your carpets. The Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner is relatively affordable, trading for a hundred quid or thereabouts. It rolls of wheels and is therefore quite portable
Best Wet and Dry Carpet Cleaner
In our opinion the Numatic George is the best wet and dry cleaner. It has a longer power cable (28.6 m) than the Vax canister and BISSELL Crosswave.
It has a powerful suction thanks to the proprietary Turboflo turbine that sucks debris from the base of the carpet and also makes your carpets dry quicker.
It has a study built and is battle tested. The vacuum part is as good as its sister Henry Numatic, it features Tritrex filtration functionality that seals dust and stops it from escaping into the air.
Best Wet and Dry Carpet Cleaner Review
The best selling wet and dry cleaner is the Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner Wet and Dry Carpet Cleaner.
This is because the Vax 3 in 1 cleaner has a good vacuum and can also deep clean carpets. Its performance is close to the Numatic, but the Numatic Geoge has some edge dues to its bigger tank, tritex filtration, Turboflo turbine for powerful suction.
The Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner Wet and Dry Carpet Cleaner is best selling because it is relatively cheaper than the numatic yet it gives you almost the same capability to the Numatic.
So there you have it. If you want a true top wet and dry cleaner. Numatic George is your boy. However if you want a time tested cleaner for day to day home cleaning tasks that is affordable, the Vax 6131t is for you.
#2: BISSELL Crosswave All-in-One Multi-Surface Cleaner – Multi-Coloured
BISSELL Crosswave is the 3 in 1 wet and dry cleaner by Bissell. Unlike the Numatic George and Vax Cnnister, the BISSELL Crosswave is a standing cleaner.
It is also different from the other wet and dry cleaners because you can wash and dry your floors simultaneously . It is a multi floor cleaner but in the case of carpets, it does not really clean because it mainly operates a roll brush that rolls and picks up debri on its cleaning path.
- It features twin tanks, one for clean water and the other for dirty water.
- It has convenient digital control panel that has settings for different floor types.
- It has double action brush roll that picks up dirt and mops at the same time.
- It has a small water capacity of 0.8 litres
- It is convenient for deep cleaning.
- The suction is not very powerful.
Review of the BISSELL Crosswave Wet and Dry Cleaner
This cleaner is really suitable for light cleaning jobs for homes with different floor types. It is lightweight, it weighs 5 kg which makes it easy to store. It is convenience for hard surfaces and low pile rugs. It can vacuum and wash simultaneously which can save you time. Check it out at Amazon if you have more hard floors.
For proper wet and dry cleaners, we recommend the Numatic George and Vax Cannister. They are way cheaper than the BISSELL Crosswave and clean just as good as the BISSELL Crosswave.
However if you are looking for a cleaner that will save you time to generally clean your hard surfaces then the BISSELL Crosswave is for you.
Cheap Carpet Cleaners under 100
Getting a cheap but good carpet cleaner can be more valuable than getting a professional cleaner or hiring one from your local store. You can get a cheap carpet cleaner for around 100 quid if you buy from online stores like Amazon. Here are the top cheap carpet cleaners going for less than 100.
#1: Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner Wet and Dry Carpet Cleaner
We have already talked about the Vax 6131T above in the wet and dry cleaners section. This is a handy cleaner for every day home cleaning tasks. It is suitable for busy homes with high traffic. It can deep clean, clean up accidental spills with its upholstery tool that has a powerful suction. It can also vacuum. Read more about the Vax 6131T 3-in-1 here.
#2: Vax W86-DP-B Dual Power Carpet Cleaner
These cleaners sell for fewer than 80 quid at time of writing. It has twin tanks that are easy to fill. The clean and dirty water tank capacity is 2.7 litres respectfully. It has dual oscillating brush bars that agitate dirt at the root of the carpet.
It is perfect for deep cleaning because it gently dislodges dirt that is usually hidden at the bottom of the carpet. It is light weight. It weighs only 6kgs and has 8 meters power cord which is enough radius for most rooms.
It has a narrow floor head which is easy to manoeuvre around furniture legs. It comes with two years manufacturer’s warranty. The Vax W86-DP-B Dual Power CarpetCleaner is among the top ten best selling carpet cleaners in Amazon.
#3: BISSELL 90D3E Cleanview Quickwash Carpet Cleaner
This cleaner trades for slightly under 100 quid. We have already reviewed it above. Here are the basics:
- It’s tanks are coated with microban which stops them from smelling.
- It can clean to the edge of the skirting thanks to the edge sweepers.
- It is light weight (6kgs) and can easy be carried up the stairs.
- The 7.6m power cable has a quick release function that is convenient to use.
It is perfect for busy homes because you can easily deal with accidental spills and the BISSELL 90D3E Cleanview Quickwash Carpet Cleaner can also deep clean your carpets thanks to the six row brush bars that agitate dirt at the root of the carpet. In our opinion the BISSELL 90D3E Cleanview Quickwash Carpet Cleaner is the best cheap carpet shampooer under 100. Find its best price here.
Best Value Carpet Cleaner Under 50.
You can actually get a functioning best value carpet cleaner for less than 50 pounds. At the time of writing there were two cleaners by Vax going for around 50 quid. These are:
Both these cleaners are among the top five best selling cleaners in Amazon. However the Vax VRS5W Rapide Spring Carpet Washer is the most highly rated and actually tops the best selling ranks in Amazon. So what is it that makes the Vax VRS5W Rapide Spring Carpet Washer tick?
#1: Vax VRS5W Rapide Spring Carpet Washer Review
This cleaner has been ranked number one best selling cleaner in Amazon consistently for months. One of its strong points is that it is quite budget friendly and yet does a comparably good job of cleaning carpets thanks to its powerful high pressure steam jets.
The steam jets percolate water and cleaning solution deep into the carpet fibre to loosen any ingrained dirt. This combined with its stainless nozzle (24 cm wide) that suck dirty water through a filter located at the bottom of the cleaner make it perfect for every rug cleaning task.
The stainless nozzle is easy to clean and also fast tracks cleaning your carpets. Vax VRS5W Rapide Spring has twin tanks with clean water capacity of 2.1 L and the dirty water tank capacity is 1.7 litres.
It has a 6 meter long extension power cable that covers decent ground in most standard rooms. It comes with one of the best carpet cleaning solution Vax AAA.
- Ability to deep clean using powerful pressurised steam jets that loosen dirt at root of carpet.
- It is light weight and rolls on wheels for increased portability.
- It has a manoeuvrable floor head
- Stainless nozzle that is easy to clean
- It does not have attachment to clean upholstery
This cleaner though cheap is good in cleaning carpets. It is the best steam carpet cleaner in the budget price range. It deep cleans with the power of powerful steam jets that dislodge deep seated dirt. It is best carpet steam cleaner under $100.
The twin tanks minimise any chance of cross contamination of dirty water. Vax Rapide Spring is light weight and easy to store under your stair case. If you are looking for a hassle free cleaner that does the job of cleaning carpets, then get this cleaner.
It deals with stains alright and will generally keep your carpets clean and tidy. It is best carpet cleaner to get rid of dog urine at this price point. The Vax VRS5W Rapide Springhas high customer approval of 74% and provides value for your money.
#2: Vax VRS18W Power Max Carpet Washer Review
We have already reviewed the powermax above but here are its key highlights.
- This cleaner is actually lighter than the Vax Rapide Spring. It weighs only 5.6 kgs.
- It has a stainless nozzle (25cm wide) and a
- 6 metres power cord.
- It has an integrated brush bar that combines with the nozzle to provide deep cleaning of your carpets.
- Vax VRS18W Power Max Carpet Washer sucks up the dirty water as you clean to minimise any chance of over saturation and also to dry your carpets quicker.
- It can also comfortably clean pet urine, vomit.
To be honest in my opinion, there is not much difference between the Rapide Spring and the Powermax apart from the fact that the Rapide Spring Vax costs five pounds less than the Vax Powermax.
You can check the Vax VRS18W Power Max Carpet Washer in Amazon to see what others think about it .
Carpet Cleaning Technique: Low Moisture or Wet Cleaning?
Most of the carpet cleaners we have reviewed here employ low moisture dry cleaning technique that leaves your carpets touch dry after cleaning. However we also have a section on wet and dry cleaners. Wet carpet cleaning is the technique that relies on hot water extraction using a powerful suction vacuum.
In order to achieve quality results when cleaning your carpets, you need a reliable carpet solution. Both Bissell and Vax (the two main carpet cleaners in the UK) have some of the best carpet cleaning shampoo in the UK.
Best Carpet Cleaner Shampoo: Vax Ultra Plus
The best selling carpet shampoo is the Vax Ultra Plus Carpet Cleaning Solution, Rose Burst Scent, 1.5 L.
It is safe to use on wool and you can use it for both deep cleaning carpet and on your upholstery. It has a nice rose burst scent that leave your carpets with a fresh scent.
The other best carpet shampoo is the Vax 1913270200 aaa+ Pet Solution, 1.5 L:
Vax carpet shampoo is the Vax 1913270200 aaa+ Pet Solution
It is wool safe and can be used in any carpet cleaning machine. As suggested by the name, it removes pet odour both cat/dog urine and vomit. It gently lifts general pet stains. We have reviewed the best Vax carpet cleaning shampoo here.
Bissell also has popular carpet cleaning solution like the oxygen based BISSELL Oxy Pro Spot and Stain Remover 1143E
BISSELL Oxy Pro Spot and Stain Remover 1143E
The BISSELL Oxy Pro Spot and Stain Remover 1143E uses the power of oxygen to lighten and permanently remove carpet stains.
- It is wool safe and can be used on all types of carpets.
- It is quite good in removing tough stains and lifting ingrained dirt at the root of the carpet.
- It has special ingredients that discourage pets from soiling the carpets.
- It is easy to focus and penetrate stains.
- It is slightly expensive than comparable vax carpet cleaning solution.
- The quantity is not much. It is only 396ml and will not last for long.
- It uses foam formula that is difficult to remove.
Other good carpet cleaning shampoos by Bissell are:
BISSELL Carpet and Upholstery Aerosol 1140E .
This has a Pet version that special formula to deal with all kinds of pet stains and mess.
The key pros of the BISSELL Carpet and Upholstery Aerosol 1140E are:
- It can be used both on area rugs, for deep cleaning and for upholstery cleaning.
- It has no toxic substances in it.
- It is gentle on the carpet fibre and easily breaks down deep seated dirt and grime.
- Because it has no sticky residue, it dries quickly.
- It has a formula that inhibits stains and dirt.
- It’s a bit messy to use.
- The applicator has no grip and is quite slippery when in use which is inconvenient.
The other decent Bissell cleaner is: BISSELL Wash and Refresh Blossom and Breeze Carpet Shampoo, 1.5 L, 1078E
BISSELL Wash and Refresh Blossom and Breeze Carpet Shampoo, 1.5 L, 1078E
- It has double concentrate and can be used on types of carpets
- It seeps down into the base of the carpet to break all ingrained dirt and eliminate odour.
- It has a refreshing scent (febreeze blossom) that will leave your carpets smelling nice.
- It deals with tough stains and rejuvenates carpets
- It removes dog/cat odour and stains.
- Some customers thought the advertisement is misleading; It makes you think you will get two cleaners for the price of one. The advertisement actually means the cleaner is a double concentrate.
- It’s a bit pricey
BISSELL Wash and Protect Pro Carpet Shampoo, 1.5 L
This BISSELL Wash and Protect Pro Carpet Shampoo, 1.5 L offers your profession cleaning quality and can be used on all types of carpets.
- It helps discourage stains and dirt from your carpets thanks to the Scotchgard technology that inhibits future stains.
- It has fresh febreeze scent
- The instructions are in foreign language which can be inconveniencing.
Other top rated carpet cleaning shampoo is Bissell Oxy cleaning formula enhancer which has an enhanced formula that effortless rids old carpet stains. It is perfect for high traffic areas. The other one is Bissell Pretreat Pet, which is applied before cleaning to break down tough stains.
Factors to Consider When Buying A Carpet Cleaner!
The following features are best to consider before making your purchase:
1. Standard vs Multi-Function
Standard carpet cleaners are able to clean, but cannot pick up debris and loose dirt embedded in your carpet, so you have to vacuum first. 2-in-1 cleaners like the Vax 6131t 3-in-1 Multivax are multifunctional and can vacuum carpets at the same time, which eliminates the need for a separate vacuum cleaner.
2. Hard Floors
If you’re wondering or looking for a cleaner to use on hard floors as well, you must seek the specifications of the carpet cleaner. The Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright Carpet Washer work on hard floors, but some floors like wood or laminate are not meant to be cleaned with a carpet cleaner because the water will only damage it.
3. Hot Air Drying
With the latest development of cutting edge technology like the patented dual v technology there is no need to be left with a wet carpet for hours after cleaning it. The top carpet cleaners models with built-in hot air drying systems like:
- Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright Carpet Washer,
- Bissell 34T2E CleanView ProHeat Carpet Cleaner , and
- Bissell 18Z7E Cleanview Deep Clean Carpet Cleaner are favorable.
They hasten the drying process and provides you with utmost convenience because you can wash your carpets and they will be dry in a couple of hours. The carpet cleaner which is equipped with a high-powered motor can execute an equally satisfactory performance.
4. Cleaning Head
What type of cleaning head does it have? The most common are brush rollers which are gentle on delicate carpets, and small rotating brushes for a deeper cleaning like the patented Vax spinscrub technology used in most Vax carpet cleaners.
5. Motor Power & High Suction
Carpet cleaners with powerful motors are generally able to clean better and allows for a faster drying time. Improved suctions would mean dryer carpets. The following gadgets are known to have high suction:
- Vax 6131T Multivax 3-in-1 Carpet Washer Vacuum Cleaner
- Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright Carpet Washer
- Vax Rapide Ultra W90-RU-B Upright Carpet Cleaner Review
- Bissell 18Z7E Cleanview Deep Clean Carpet Cleaner
Motor power ranges from 500w – 1850w which are mostly found in high end carpet cleaners. A 1000w motor power is ideal. These offer good performance at a reasonable cost.
Who makes the best carpet cleaner Vax or Bissell?
In the UK, the two major players in the carpet cleaners industry are Vax and Bissell. The two companies both employ cutting edge technology to make their cleaners efficient. Recent innovations by Vax include, the patented Spinscrub motorised power brushes that gently clean at root of the carpet by agitating dirt and the Dual V technology that blows hot air on carpets to make them dry quicker.
Bissell on the other hand has similar features like the Heat wave technology that mirrors Vax Dual V by providing heated carpet cleaning that dries carpets quicker. It also has power force brush rolls like dirt lifter and power lifter brushes that deep clean carpets’. They also have 2 in 1 tanks for easy refilling and detachable pod cleaners like that of Bissell Lift-off..
Bissell has a long history of making carpets and Shampooers. It’s first cleaner was first made in 1800 in Melville Bissell in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Vax on the other hand hit the market in 1979 but it is UK based unlike Bissell that has its roots in America, Vax carpet cleaners are just as popular as Bissell.
Both Vax and Bissell make quality upright cleaners, it is you the buyer to choose what works well with you.
Best Vax Carpet Cleaner Reviews
There is quite a good number of the Best Vax carpet cleaner & washers in UK market today considering that Vax is the leading brand for the best carpet cleaner UK of all times. Some of the great features that you will find in top Vax carpet cleaners include:
Auto-mix – the water and detergent are mixed automatically which saves you valuable time and efforts. Carpet washers like Vax Dual V Carpet Cleaner V-124a Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer have this capability.
- Detergent spray – used for the pre-treatment of tough stains for easier removal, for instance the Vax Rapide Ultra 2 carpet cleaner .
- Dry vacuuming – a feature held by multi-function cleaners which works by picking up debris prior to washing like the Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Multivax Vacuum & Carpet Washer.
- Water tank heater – keeps the water warm for increased effectiveness and superior cleaning performance of your carpet cleaner like the Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright Carpet Washer .
- Crevice tool – the perfect accessory for cleaning nooks and corners the Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright has this feature.
- On board tools and extension hose for upholstery cleaning
- 2 year guarantee for peace of mind.
Below are our top 5 Best Vax carpet cleaner reviews UK 2017 :
Compare Vax Carpet Cleaners 2017
|No.||Image||Product Name & Detailed Reviews||Clean water capacity (L)||Cord length (m)||Weight (pounds)||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|No.||Image||Product Name & Detailed Reviews||Clean water capacity (L)||Cord length (m)||Weight (pounds)||Customers Ratings||Best Price|
|1||Vax V124A Dual V Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer||3.7||11.5||11||4.5|
|2||Vax W90-RU-P Rapide Ultra 2 Pre-Treatment Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer||4.5||8||10.2||4.5|
|3||Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner||4||10||8||4.5|
|4||Vax W90-RU-B Rapide Ultra Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer||4.5||8||10.2||4.5|
|5||Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright Carpet Washer||3.7||9||12||4.5|
Vax Carpet Cleaners Reviews UK 2017
#1: Vax Dual V Carpet Cleaner Reviews
The Vax dual v carpet cleaner comes fitted with the auto-mix cleaning system that lets you mix water and the cleaning solution giving you the best pre-mixed solution.
Just like the power max cleaner, it has the advanced spin scrub technology and has five spin scrub brushes.
- Each brush can rotate alongside the other and get deep into the pile of carpet and remove the deeply embedded dirt.
- It has the dual v tech that has twin air paths that give you a powerful and even suction making sure that your carpets dry consistently and quickly.
#2: Vax Dual Power Pro Advance Carpet Cleaner Reviews
The Vax Dual Power Pro Advance Carpet Cleaner has an 8.5-litre tank capacity, 4.5 for the clean water tank and 4 for the dirty water tank. Enough to wash all your carpets without refilling.
- The Vax Dual Power Pro features a rapid drying Dual V technology and the Vax patented spin scrub cutting edge technology that cleans all ingrained dirt at the root of the carpet and dries carpets within an hour or so.
- It has separate rinse and wash mode for complete deep cleaning.
- It has a pre-treatment wand that enables you to apply cleaning solution on your carpet before you wash them with the carpet cleaner. This breaks down all dirt and stains for overall quality results.
- It has a nifty upholstery tool that you can also use to spot clean sloppy mess on your upholstery. The cleaning head is designed to allow edge to edge cleaning.
- It has powerful suction for all your spills and fast drying of your carpets thanks to the Dual V air technology a technology that suck at double the velocity of an ordinary cleaner.
- It is lightweight (9.5kgs) in comparison with other carpet cleaners that usually weigh 10+ kgs.
- It comes with a solid 6-year manufacturer’s guarantee for peace of mind. This product surely has tantalising features that fit the bill of a high-end user.
#3: Vax All Terrain Carpet Cleaner Reviews
The Vax all-terrain carpet cleaner is a great multi-surface cleaner.
It cleans your hard floors, your stairs, upholstery and it also gives your carpets a deep clean.
It removes the deeply embedded dirt giving your house an excellent clean. The all-terrain is best if you have a busy family or if you want to tackle the high traffic areas.
- It has a lot of features similar to those of the Advance reach the only difference being that it is slightly heavier (12.0 kg) than the Advance reach Vax cleaner (10.5 kg).
- Unlike the Advance Reach cleaner, the All-terrain is suitable for cleaning hard floors.
- It also comes with a 1.42 litres of the floor-to-floor cleaning solution, something that is not included in the advanced reach.
- When you buy the All-terrain model, you get a 6 year guarantee. This gives you peace of mind since you are assured of Excellency regarding your cleaner.
The Best Vax Carpet Cleaner for Pets
#1: Vax Rapide Ultra Carpet Cleaner Reviews
The Vax Rapide Ultra W90-RU-B comes with a powerful water jet that cleans deep into the carpet fibres. This breaks down both grime and the stubborn stains.
- It has separate tanks for both the clean and the dirty water making sure that the two don’t mix thus guaranteeing you a thorough and hygienic clean.
- It has the dual V cutting edge technology. This technology has channels of suctions spread across the floor-head evenly. This gives your carpet and point-to-point and so makes it dry up quickly.
- It has a capacity of 4.5 litres (clean capacity) and 3.0 litres (dirty capacity). These are large enough to ensure your cleaning goes uninterrupted as a result of refilling meaning that you can cover a large cleaning area within a short time.
- This model is ideal for cleaning pet stains, soft cushion, the interior of your car and also upholstery. It comes with a 2-year warranty from Vax.
- Click to read what Amazon Customers say about the Vax Rapide Ultra W90-RU-B carpet cleaner
#2: Vax Rapide Ultra 2 Carpet Cleaner Reviews
The rapide ultra 2 vax carpet cleaner W90-RU-P comes equipped with an onboard pre-treatment wand. This rod is specially designed to tackle tough spots and also clean high traffic areas.
- When used with the pre-treatment solution you can easily clean spills from the carpet.
- It also comes fitted with the Dual v tech. This Tech gives you an even channel for sucking up dirt across your floor making your carpets dry up faster, meaning after you clean your carpet; you can walk on it in a few hours.
- It also allows you to do the above-the-floor cleaning. The hose and the upholstery brush tool that comes equipped with this cleaner will help you do that.
- It has a cleaning width of 33 cm and a large capacity tank (4.5 litres for clean capacity and 3.0 litres for dirty capacity). These two allow you to cover large areas in your home allowing you to clean your house quickly and conveniently.
Most customers have reviewed it saying that it is a great machine and that it does an excellent job of cleaning. It has received an average consumer star rating of 90% out of over 700 customer reviews in the Amazon market indicating that it is a machine worth trying.Click here to read what Amazon customers say about the Vax rapide ultra 2 W90-RU-P
Best Price Vax Carpet Cleaner – Vax 6131T Multifunction
The Vax 6151T Multifunction Carpet Cleaner is well known for its sturdy and robust design.
The multifunctional cleaner can withstand heavy duty usage and injuries. You can clean vast areas without wearing the machine.
- It has a range of accessories and tools that include an upholstery tool, a dusting brush, crevice tool, and also a combination floor head. All these accessories make cleaning very efficient.
- This cleaner can be used as a vacuum cleaner, a carpet washer or basic cleaning of accidental spills.
- If you are looking for a robust and a multifunctional cleaner at the cheapest price ever, this is the model for you.
The Best Lightweight Vax Carpet Cleaners UK 2017
#1: Vax Dual Power Reach Carpet Cleaner
With the dual rotating brushbars, this Vax Dual Power Reach Carpet Cleaner gives you a double cleaning action.
Its brush bars tackle the embedded dirt and the grime that has been trapped deep into your carpet pile giving you an effective carpet clean.
- This carpet is very lightweight (only 6 kgs). This means that you can easily carry the cleaner around your home even upstairs and manoeuvre easily around your house as you clean.
- It has a long hose and also comes with a wash tool that that allows you to clean the upholstery.
- It has the dual tank technology. One tank stores solution and water while the other stores dirty water. This separation ensures that the two don’t mix making your cleaning process hygienic. This tank comes with a solid 2 years guarantee from Vax.
- Click to read what Amazon Customers say about the Vax Dual Power Reach Carpet Cleaner
#2: Vax Rapide Deluxe Carpet Cleaner
At 7.7 kg, the Vax Rapide Deluxe is much lighter than most cleaners.
- It is suitable for households that are small and are carpeted.
- It is well equipped with an upholstery tool and a hose. These help you clean those hard-to-reach areas in your house.
- This model is very slim and you can store it even in your cupboard and will take minimal space.
- It has a separate tank for storing both clean and dirty water. This is beneficial because the dirty water never mixes with the clean water.
#3: Vax Dual Power Pro Carpet Cleaner Reviews
The Vax Dual power pro is equipped with a stretch hose that enables you to clean both the stairs and also above the floors.
- It comes with an upholstery tool that allows you to clean your car seats, spills or any stubborn spot stains.
- It comes equipped with the DualV tech. This cutting-edge technology ensures that even channels of suction are spread across its floor head and they make your carpet dry up very fast (less than an hour.).
- With a market leading guarantee of 6 years, you have peace of mind whenever you buy this carpet cleaner, you are also assured of performance.
- It has an advanced rinse functionality that will extract and also rinse any residue of shampoo that may have been left behind after you wash your carpet
- The Power Pro is versatile in that, you not only can clean your carpet with this cleaner but also your hard floors, thanks to its dual rotating brushbars that scrub the floor and the powerful suction power that collects the dirty water.
- With the power pro cleaner, you have assurance of a thoroughly clean and hygienic home.
Other Good Vax Carpet Cleaners UK 2017
#1: Dual Vax Advance Reach Carpet Cleaner Review
This Dual Vax Advance Reach carpet washer features the dual-v teck.
This tech makes your carpet dry up in less than an hour; the suction channels are equally spread across its floor head giving it the edge-to-edge clean thus the quick drying of carpets.
- It has an auto-mix system that ensures both water and solution mixes comprehensively, this system has two separate compartments for water and the solution. This means that the system premixes them for you. Thus, you do not need to worry about the solution and water consistency.
- It’s extra reach cord and hose allows you to clean a large area in your house without having to change plugs whenever you clean.
- It has the spin scrub technology and also comes with the spin scrub wash tool, both of these targets and remove the tough stains in your house.
- It comes with an upholstery wash tool that can effectively clean your sofas and car interiors among other soft furnishings. The Dual V not only cleans your carpets but also extracts dust and also rinses your carpet.
- The dual V guarantees you effectiveness when it comes to cleaning, something you don’t get with other regular brushes because its brushes rotate along each other and make a wide cleaning path giving you a deep clean.
- Click here to read what Amazon customers say about this Vax dual v advance reach carpet cleaner.
#2: Vax Rapide Ultimate Cleaner with FREE Grime Master Steamer
The Rapide Ultimate carpet cleaner has an onboard pre-treatment wand that allows you to pre-treat the stubborn stains or even the high traffic areas before you shampoo the machine. This pre-treatment is essential especially in areas in your home or even stains that require much more attention ensuring that you maximise on cleanliness. When you buy one of this, you get a free S4 grime hand-held cleaner. This cleaner is worth £49.99. You can use it on your floor or even Steam clean your bathroom tiles, windows, cookers, mirrors, work surfaces or even grout. Combined with the cleaner, you are guaranteed of a total home clean. It has the dual v tech that gives you an even channel of suction power across its floor-head of the cleaner making your carpets dry faster. This means that, whenever you clean, you can walk on your carpet in a matter of hours after you clean. It is well equipped with a pipe and an upholstery tool that makes it easier to clean the awkward areas in your house. With this cleaner, you clean your carpet conveniently, lift out grime and dirt that is embedded in your carpet.
#3: Vax Dual Power Max Carpet Cleaner Review
This Vax Dual Power Max Carpet Cleaner has been equipped with a dual rotating multi-row brush-bars.
These brushes can lift the dirt and the stubborn stains on your carpet giving them a thorough and a consistent clean. These brushes get deep into the pile on the carpet and removes any dirt that is embedded.
The brushes are also capable of removing the tough and stubborn stains.
- The cleaner has twin tanks. These tanks ensure that dirty and clean water never mix. This gives you a cleaner and hygienic results.
- It comes well equipped with an upholstery tool and a hose . These are well suited for cleaning your upholstery, furniture, spot stains and even the interior of your car.
- It has a large volume water tank that can carry both clean and dirty water. This gives you the ability to clean your home for a long time without having to refill your cleaner, with this you clean your house in a time efficient manner.
- Based on its cleaning results, value and also the ease of use, a lot of people have praised the product, others have even recommended it to others claiming that the cleaner is excellent.
The Vax DualV Advance Total Home Carpet Cleaner shares a lot of similarities with the Dual V cleaner. The only difference between the two is that this cleaner comes with the advanced rinse, dry and also the wash functions. After you shampoo, the rinse function can extract the shampoo residue. The dry function can then maximise on the suction ensuring that your carpet dries out faster. It also comes with a 6 year guarantee giving you peace of mind and assurance of excellent performance from the cleaner
#5: Vax DualV Advance Carpet Cleaner Reviews
The Vax DualV Advance Carpet Cleaner has the drying, rinsing and washing functions. This Vax carpet cleaner also has the auto-mix feature that separates water and solution into two compartments and the machine pre-mixes them for you thus you need not do the measurements for yourself. It has the Dual V tech that gives you a high suction across the floor width of the head giving you a great suction power and during your carpets in a matter of hours.
Best Steam Cleaner for Carpets
#1: H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Portable Steam Cleaner
The H2O X5 Mop 5 in 1 Portable Steam Mop Multi Purpose Floor Steam Cleaner that can clean all kinds of sealed floors, carpets, windows , garments steamer and upholstery cleaner. It quite multi purpose and can clean ovens, hobs, kitchen top and cabinets and a host of places in your home.
The Thane steam mop 5 in 1 (Red) is a standing steam mop with a removable handheld cleaner. It is quite efficient, versatile and reliable.
- It is powered by a 1300 watt motor that heats up in 30 seconds to give you up to 30 minutes of uninterrupted cleaning on a full tank.
- The tank has a capacity of 400ml and it is quite lightweight; it weighs only 2.5 Kgs.
- The x5 mop as it is also referred to, has cool features like a 180 degree swivel steer technology and a triangular floorhead design that easily reaches corners to battle grime and dirt.
- It also has four variable steam control settings which mean you can vary the steam produced across your different floor types.
- It is quite ideal for linoleum and vinyl flooring. The H20 steam cleaner 5 in 1 has a 6 meter cable cord for easy reach to different parts of your house.
- It comes with a carpet glider to freshen your carpets and a deodorant to give your surfaces a lovely fresh scent
The Thane h20 steam cleaner comes with a number of accessories that really turn it into a home cleaning system. With the accessories you can clean car alloy wheels, toilet rips, tap and sink crevices, grout and even shower cubicle. After a number of cleans, most of your surfaces will look like new.
It is no wonder that in the year 2014; the x5 steam cleaner was awarded the product of the year. It has also received several awards by Which? and Good House Keeping which are industry benchmarks in consumer research.
The Thane steam cleaner 5 in 1 is at the time of writing one of the best steam cleaner at Amazon UK with a solid 4.4 star rating out of the maximum 5 stars from 160 customer reviews.
The other popular 5 in 1 steam cleaner is the JML steam cleaner.
#2: Shark Lift-Away Professional Steam Pocket S3901
The Shark Lift-Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop S3901 is another top of the range best steam cleaner for carpets.
The Shark Lift Away runs on a 1550 watt that heats the water the 300 ml water tank really quick (30 seconds) to give jetting steam that can clean for at least 15 minutes.
- It has a dual mop head which means you can flip the mop head for double cleaning.
- It comes with an array of accessories that can be used to clean windows, upholstery, mattress, oven, hobs, Kitchen hood, shower cubical, grouting and all types of sealed hard floors.
- It also has a carpet glider. It has a long power cord (7.5 m), 180 degree swivel steer head and dries floor in less than 3 minutes after cleaning.
- The Shark lift away is one of the top rated steam cleaners in the cleaning industry.
The Shark Lift Away 5 in 1 Steam Cleaner has a clever variable steam control function with three settings: dusting, scrubbing and mopping. The dusting function is for delicate floor types like laminate while the scrubbing is for tough stains. It is sturdy and quite versatile.
This steam cleaner has also received a number of awards by top research companies like Good housekeeping for its qualities. No doubt this is a high pedigree steam cleaner that has a high rating of 4.1 star rating out of the 5 stars.
Hope our best carpet cleaner reviews UK 2017 has has helped you get the best carpet cleaning machine that meets your needs.
- Top 10 Best Carpet Cleaners UK 2017
- The Best Carpet Cleaner UK 2017
- #1: Best Home Carpet Cleaner – Vax V-124a Dual V
- #2: Vax Rapide Ultra 2 W90-RU-P Carpet Washer
- # 3: The Best Bissell Carpet Cleaner – Bissell 34T2E CleanView ProHeat
- BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution Carpet Cleaner 18588
- #4. Bissell CleanView Power Brush Carpet Cleaner 44L6E
- #5.Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright Carpet Washer
- #6. Bissell CleanView Lift-Off Carpet Cleaner 22K7E/11908
- #7.Vax W90 RU B Rapide Ultra : The Best Wet Upright Carpet Cleaner
- #8. Bissell CleanView Deep Clean Carpet Cleaner 18Z7E
- #9. Bissell CleanView Quick Wash
- #10. Vax Powermax VRS5W Carpet Washer
- Best Carpet Cleaner For Car
- Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner Review: Small Carpet Cleaner
- Best Spot Carpet Cleaner
- Best Lightweight Carpet Cleaner (Portable Handheld Carpet Cleaner)
- Best Wet Carpet Cleaner
- Best Carpet Cleaner under 200
- Best Wet and Dry Carpet Cleaner
- Best Wet and Dry Carpet Cleaner Review
- Cheap Carpet Cleaners under 100
- Best Value Carpet Cleaner Under 50.
- Carpet Cleaning Technique: Low Moisture or Wet Cleaning?
- Best Carpet Cleaner Shampoo: Vax Ultra Plus
- Factors to Consider When Buying A Carpet Cleaner!
- Who makes the best carpet cleaner Vax or Bissell?
- Best Vax Carpet Cleaner Reviews
- Compare Vax Carpet Cleaners 2017
- Vax Carpet Cleaners Reviews UK 2017
- The Best Vax Carpet Cleaner for Pets
- Best Price Vax Carpet Cleaner – Vax 6131T Multifunction
- The Best Lightweight Vax Carpet Cleaners UK 2017
- Other Good Vax Carpet Cleaners UK 2017
- Best Steam Cleaner for Carpets