The Best Wet and Dry Carpet Cleaners UK 2020 reviews: You may be asking what is wet carpet cleaning. Well, wet carpet cleaning is mostly used in professional cleaning, where it is also referred to as steam cleaning or extraction of hot water.
- The carpets are pre-treated with a carpet cleaning solution to break down oily and soiled dirt that is caked at the root of the carpet. Hot water is then injected by pressurised water jets into the base of the carpet.
- The steaming water is left for 10-15 minutes to dissolve soiled and oily dirt. After the 10-15 minutes, the water/solution is then extracted by a powerful suction. This cleaning technique achieves stellar results. In most cases carpets are left looking rejuvenated.
Here is why wet and dry carpet cleaners works perfectly:
- The pressurised steaming water and solution breaks oily and soiling that is seated at the base of the carpet. The 10 minutes wait time allows the cleaning solution to react and break all in-grained dirt.
- The powerful suction and cleaning brush also increases the chemical reactivity to effectively clean your rug. This is the most recommended cleaning method by carpet cleaning professionals.
- The domestic/upright carpet cleaner that closely mimics this strategy is the Vax W90 RU B Rapide Ultra Upright Carpet Cleaner (currentlt, not available on Amazon) .
Best Wet and Dry Carpet Cleaner UK 2020
Last update on 2022-05-27 at 15:28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. Numatic GVE370-2GREEN George Carpet Cleaner
|Henry W3791 George Wet and Dry Vacuum, 15 Litre, 1060 Watt, Green, Green / Black||£230.00||View on Amazon|
Last update on 2022-05-27 at 15:28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIIn our opinion the Henry George Wet and Dry Vacuum is the best wet and dry carpet cleaner. It has a longer power cable (28.6 m) than the Vax canister and BISSELL Crosswave.
- It has a powerful suction thanks to the proprietary Turboflo turbine that sucks debris from the base of the carpet and also makes your carpets dry quicker.
- It has a study built and is battle tested. The vacuum part is as good as its sister Henry Numatic,
- it features Tritrex filtration functionality that seals dust and stops it from escaping into the air.
2. Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner Wet and Dry Carpet Cleaner
The best selling wet and dry cleaner is the Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner Wet and Dry Carpet Cleaner (Currently, unavailable on Amazon. Alternatively, check, VonHaus Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner 1200W - Bagless Vac for Indoor or Outdoor Use - 15L Capacity Dust Tank - 3 in 1 with Blower Function ).
This is because the Vax 3 in 1 cleaner has a good vacuum and can also deep clean carpets.
- Its performance is close to the Henry George Wet and Dry Vacuum , but the Numatic Geoge has some edge dues to its bigger tank, tritex filtration, Turboflo turbine for powerful suction.
- The Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner Wet and Dry Carpet Cleaner is best selling because it is relatively cheaper than the numatic yet it gives you almost the same capability to the Numatic.
So there you have it. If you want a true top wet and dry cleaner. Henry George is it. However if you want a time tested cleaner for day to day home cleaning tasks that is affordable, the Vax 6131t is for you.
For more options, check our top-rated best carpet cleaners UK 2020.
Don't forget: Amazon Audible 30 day free trial membership (unlimited listening to thousands of select Audible Originals, podcasts and audiobooks.)