You may be asking what is wet carpet cleaning. Well, wet carpet cleaning is mostly used in professional cleaning, where it is also referred to as steam cleaning or extraction of hot water.
- The carpets are pre-treated with a carpet cleaning solution to break down oily and soiled dirt that is caked at the root of the carpet. Hot water is then injected by pressurised water jets into the base of the carpet.
- The steaming water is left for 10-15 minutes to dissolve soiled and oily dirt. After the 10-15 minutes, the water/solution is then extracted by a powerful suction. This cleaning technique achieves stellar results. In most cases carpets are left looking rejuvenated.
Here is why wet carpet cleaning works perfectly:
- The pressurised steaming water and solution breaks oily and soiling that is seated at the base of the carpet. The 10 minutes wait time allows the cleaning solution to react and break all in-grained dirt.
- The powerful suction and cleaning brush also increases the chemical reactivity to effectively clean your rug. This is the most recommended cleaning method by carpet cleaning professionals.
- The domestic/upright carpet cleaner that closely mimics this strategy is the Vax W90 RU B Rapide Ultra Upright Carpet Cleaner .
Best Wet and Dry Carpet Cleaners UK 2019
1. Numatic GVE370-2GREEN George Carpet Cleaner
In our opinion the Numatic George is the best wet and dry cleaner. It has a longer power cable (28.6 m) than the Vax canister and BISSELL Crosswave.
- It has a powerful suction thanks to the proprietary Turboflo turbine that sucks debris from the base of the carpet and also makes your carpets dry quicker.
- It has a study built and is battle tested. The vacuum part is as good as its sister Henry Numatic,
- it features Tritrex filtration functionality that seals dust and stops it from escaping into the air.
2. Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner Wet and Dry Carpet Cleaner
The best selling wet and dry cleaner is the Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner Wet and Dry Carpet Cleaner.
This is because the Vax 3 in 1 cleaner has a good vacuum and can also deep clean carpets.
- Its performance is close to the Numatic, but the Numatic Geoge has some edge dues to its bigger tank, tritex filtration, Turboflo turbine for powerful suction.
- The Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner Wet and Dry Carpet Cleaner is best selling because it is relatively cheaper than the numatic yet it gives you almost the same capability to the Numatic.
So there you have it. If you want a true top wet and dry cleaner. Numatic George is it. However if you want a time tested cleaner for day to day home cleaning tasks that is affordable, the Vax 6131t is for you.
3. BISSELL Crosswave All-in-One Multi-Surface Cleaner
Unlike the Numatic George and Vax Cnnister, the BISSELL Crosswave is the 3 in 1 wet and dry cleaner by Bissell is a standing cleaner. It is also different from the other wet and dry cleaners because you can wash and dry your floors simultaneously . It is a multi floor cleaner but in the case of carpets, it does not really clean because it mainly operates a roll brush that rolls and picks up debri on its cleaning path. Key Features
- It features twin tanks, one for clean water and the other for dirty water.
- It has convenient digital control panel that has settings for different floor types.
- It has double action brush roll that picks up dirt and mops at the same time.
- It has a small water capacity of 0.8 litres
- It is convenient for deep cleaning.
- The suction is not very powerful.
Review of the BISSELL Crosswave Wet and Dry Cleaner This Bissell carpet cleaner is really suitable for light cleaning jobs for homes with different floor types. It is lightweight, it weighs 5 kg which makes it easy to store. It is convenience for hard surfaces and low pile rugs. It can vacuum and wash simultaneously which can save you time. Check it out at Amazon if you have more hard floors. For proper wet and dry cleaners, we recommend the Numatic George and Vax Cannister. They are way cheaper than the BISSELL Crosswave and clean just as good as the BISSELL Crosswave. However if you are looking for a cleaner that will save you time to generally clean your hard surfaces then the BISSELL Crosswave is for you.