Find Thane H20 X5 steam cleaner reviews ranging from the best selling Thane h20 hd advanced steam mop to the old H20 X5 5 in 1 steam cleaners and mops.
So what makes the Thane steamer tick?
Well, it is a combination of many things. The key is producing products that save customers time and provide good results. The h20 x5 steam cleaner has also aggressively marketed through TV infomercials.
If you are a night person you have probably stumbled on a Thane steam mop TV advertisement at night or on QVC packed with a host of intuitive technology like the variable control setting that makes cleaning your floors, garment, carpets, and upholstery a breeze.
Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaner Reviews
1. Thane H2O HD Steam Cleaner Reviews
The H20 HD Steam Cleaner also referred to as the Thane H2O HD High Definition 5 in 1 Steam Mop Cleaner is a new version of the former best selling H2O X5 Steam Mop 5 in 1 Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner.
H20 HD Key Features/Pros:
- This h20 steam mop features a super maneuverable and extra-large 360 degrees mop head that can polish and clean large areas quickly.
- It has a built-in water filter for filtering water, thus you can use tap water without blocking the mop.
- It features a high capacity 450ml removable tank that heats up in just 25 seconds to give you 15 to 20 minutes steaming time.
- It features a three position digital steam control settings that allow adjusting the amount of steam depending on the floor type.
- It features a 6-meter long cable that allows you to an easy reach of the hard to reach areas and corners.
- It is a great tool for both large and small cleaning jobs. You can convert it to a handheld steamer from its upright position with just a flip of a switch.
- It has a foldable handle.
- It comes with a carpet glider for refreshing carpets.
- It can be utilized as a window cleaner, a handheld steamer, a carpet cleaner, a floor cleaner or even a garment steamer. All in one single machine.
- The h20 hd has an incredible heat up time of just 25 seconds and a tank capacity of 450 ml.
- if you press the off button while cleaning; you have to wait for it to heat again
- You have to buy more cleaning cloths to make the best use of hd.
H20 HD Steam Mop Expert Opinion:
With fantastic features like a foldable handle, more cleaning power, a built-in water filter, a removable water tank and its sleek and new design, this h3o hd steam cleaner is the evolution and an award-winning mop.
If you prefer using a multifunctional steam system for cleaning and sanitising your home, then this is the model for you. This is because with this model you will be able to clean your entire house using just one machine. With ordinary tap water, the h20hd steam mop is will produce super-heated steam for sanitising and deodorising your house. Effective cleaning in your house has never been automated and this smart. Thanks to the Thane h20 hd steam cleaner.
I would highly recommend the H20 HD Steam Cleaner. This is because, based on its features and what it can do, this cleaner is worth trying.
A lot of clients who have used it have also recommended it to others. Additionally, this mop has been ranked #17 in the Amazon bestseller ranks among the Amazon best-sellers steam mops.
Check the h20 hd steamer on Amazon
2.Thane H20 X5 5 in 1 Red Steam Cleaner Reviews
The Thane H20 X5 5 in 1 Red Steam Cleaner is an old version of the new sleek design; the h20 hd steam cleaner. The h20 steam cleaner does three things; It sanitizes, cleans and deodorise without the use of detergents or chemicals.
It comes in various colors common ones being: red, white and green.
The only difference between the x5 mop red and the green h20 mop x5 is that: the red mop is sturdier and long lasting than the first release of the green mop. I explain this later in this review.
Key Features/Pros of the X5 Mop Red
- The h2o steam mop red is a 5 in 1: carpet refresher, floor steam cleaner, garment fabric cleaner, window cleaner and a handheld steamer.
- It has 4 variable control settings and so it can be used on a variety of floor types by adjusting the steam amount including, marble, hardwood, granite, slate, laminate, linoleum or vinyl.
- It has a clever head that has been designed to fit tight spaces and navigate corners with its 180 degrees maneuver.
- Owing to its 1500 watt motor, the cleaner heats within 20 seconds to give you between 20-25 minutes of continuous steaming. With such decent time, you can cover a large floor area within a short duration.
- With its 400ml water tank, you only need a minimum number of refills.
- This h2o mop comes with thick fabric pads that do not wear easily, this guarantees a longer duration of service
- Comes with a carpet glider for refreshing carpets.
The H20 X5 Steam Mop has won numerous award and it has a seal of approval from the consumer research powerhouse “Good Housekeeping”. No doubt it has sold over 8000000 (8m) over the last few years.
There are a few instances where customers have complained about their purchase. Most of the issues fall under the following:
- It worked for a bit then started spitting out water
- Streaks were left on the surface/window
- It only comes with one pad, so you have to buy more when they wear out
- Ours stopped working after 18 months; we tried descaling with vinegar in vain…said one customer.
Well, these are the valid criticism of the x5 mop, however, as most reviews will note:
Streaks will usually appear irrespective how wonderful your gadget is if the microfiber pads you use on the floor head are not clean.
It is just like using a dirty clothe or dirty water to clean your windows and floors. It will be no surprise if your surfaces have streaks all over the place if you use a dirty clothe or water.
As for the gadget spitting out water, that is certainly a case of having a faulty item. Just call the manufacturer and report the fault, you will be given another one.
As for not washing carpets, well most steam cleaners only refresh carpets. This means that they will seep hot pressured vapour deep into your carpet to kill all bacteria and refresh them. Normally when you refresh the carpet, with steam, you will see a marked improvement in terms of cleanliness. The pile will look fresh, like new. That is all this gadget is meant to do. It is unrealistic to expect to get the same results as a carpet washer.
The key to getting the best out of this Thane steamer is to follow the h3o mop x5 instructions as closely as you can. For instance, the customer who complained that their x5 mop stopped working after 18 months.
Most likely they live in a hard water area and their machine tanked after 18 months of accumulated scaling.
Probably had they used iodised water as is recommended in the instructions for those who live in hard water areas, their cleaner could have lasted more than 18 months.
All in all, in spite of all the niggling issues, the h3o mop stands shoulder to shoulder with the very best steam mops in the cleaning industry.
The red h2o mop x5 5-in-1 steam mop is a great machine to have. It is a great buy hence it is recommendable for every household.
- This h2o steam mop is very efficient, requires minimal costs to operate.
- It is a great value for your money with the view that it is a 5 in 1 machine.
- It is one of the easiest, most comfortable steam cleaners to operate owing to its portability, small size, and lightweight.
- In addition, it is a highly rated best steam cleaner on Amazon with 4.3 stars out of 5 that is, 86% of the customers give it a thumbs up.
Here is the red Thane H20 X5 Mop on Amazon
3. H20 X5 Green Steam Cleaner Reviews
You have probably watched an infomercial about the Thane steam mop – green on TV. It is an early version of the h20 hd steam mop. The Thane green has a lot of mixed reviews with a lot of people being disappointed with it.
H20 X5 Key Features/ Pros
- The green is a 5 in 1 floor steam cleaner, carpet, handheld, window and garment steamer
- It features a 400ml water tank that heats up in 25 seconds to give you 20 minutes cleaning time
- Features 360 mop head that is made to fit well in hard to reach areas like tight corners
- Features 6m long cable length good enough to cover a large area.
- Powered by 1200 watts motor power.
- It is very lightweight, weighing only 2.5kg
- It can clean most flooring types including marble, linoleum, ceramic, stone, parquet, carpet and sealed hardwood floors.
- Has 4 variable control settings that can regulate the amount of steam released so that the jetting heat will not damage delicate flooring.
- Stop working after several months of use
- Leaking water
- No steam coming out
These outlined issues face most people living in hard water area due to building up of lime scale. You need to descale it at-least after every 6 months of use to make your x5 h2o mop last longer.
Check the green H20 X5 Mop steamer On Amazon
Thane H20 X5 Steam Cleaners Any Good?
Overall, the Thane H2O x5 steam mop red in terms of effectiveness and efficiency is good value for money. It has received numerous commendations from customers owing to its versatility, ease of use, effectiveness and portability.
Here are some of its key benefits:
- It kills 99% of all germs and bacteria on your floors. Super hot vapour kills 99% bacteria including E.coli and Salmonella.
- Does not use chemicals, only tap water, hence no risk of allergic reactions to chemicals or expenses on buying them.
- A great value for your cash! It is easy to use hence does not require expertise to operate
- The h20x5 cleaner is light; weighing 2.5kgs only, hence this is not your typical cumbersome machine. This means you can carry it around and work for long without exhaustion.
- It comes with a 6m long cord that makes it portable and makes it easier for you to move from one room to the next without necessarily unplugging it.
Three years ago, the green version of x5 mop received quite mixed reviews. This prompted thane, the manufacturers of h20 x5 to come up with improved products than the green x5 steamer.
The improved versions are the red and white x5 mops. They are sturdier and more versatile than the green h2o steam cleaner.
With these improved versions, we are seeing quite positive feedback. The red X5 steamer review ratings, for instance, has 4.3 star rating out of the maximum 5 stars from 315 genuine reviews. That is pretty decent. As good as the highly rated Vax steam cleaner.
Over 8000000 H20 X5 Steam Cleaners Sold.
The Thane steam cleaner is one of those devices that you would really love using at home and would use it every day from the day you buy it.
So if you are in the market for an all-in-one electric mop then this product would definitely a good choice to go for.
The x5 steam cleaner white has 85cm extension handle that you can detach for easy storage. The long extension is also handy when it comes to cleaning hard to reach places.
Using the glider to refresh your carpets or rugs or even clean your marble floors or Garment and upholstery.
- Like most steam cleaners the h3o mop kills 99% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces.
- It is very effective and promises to remove the toughest of stains
- It comes coupled with a 6m long chord which makes it highly maneuverable around the house so that you can reach faraway places.
- It also comes with a whole lot of accessories including a few different set of nozzles for cleaning and a hose to be used as a floor steamer and a few different set of attachments to be used alongside the handheld cleaner.
How to Use the H20 X5 Steam Mop?
Once you have assembled your x5 mop , fill the tank with water and tighten the cap. Be sure to flip the on button to start releasing steam. Remember to set the variable control setting to the correct level. There are four levels on the variable floor control function: Low (1); Medium (2); High (3) and (4) setting.
The low and medium level is the most preferable when cleaning most hard floors including sealed hardwood, linoleum, ceramic marble and many more hard floors.
The high setting is suitable for refreshing rugs and carpets while the hot water setting is mainly used on the handheld cleaner when cleaning window sills, bathrooms, kitchens and even car alloy wheels. It is normal at this setting for the cleaner to jet out some water.
The steam released by this green steam cleaner is quite hot, upwards of 120 degree centigrade and could damage your floors if you place directly on the floor. It is always good to place the mop on a cooling off stand to allow for the cleaner to cool off.
Set the x5 mop on low heat when cleaning sensitive floor like linoleum or vinyl. In case of doubt, make reference to the manufacturer of your flooring.
Steam cleaners are made to sanitise your floor spaces and kill over 99.9% of all germs and bacteria without using any chemicals.
It is important to know that some flooring types like waxed surfaces and high gloss flooring are not suitable for steam cleaning. However the Thane steam cleaning machine – green comes with a variable control that can regulate the amount of jetting pressure released so that the jetting heat will not damage delicate flooring.
It is generally advised not to use steam cleaner on unsealed flooring.
Maintaining the Steamer
Every so often, you should remove any lime scale from your Thane h2o x5 5-in-1 . The manufacturer recommends that you remove lime scale after every twenty five to fifty uses. Lime scale can damage your gadget. Clean all metal parts of the cleaner.
Make an effort to decalcify the interiors of the water tank as indicated in the user manual.
In case your cleaner is leaving puddle after you clean, select the low setting that will reduce the amount of steam released.
Microfibre Pads and Streak Free Cleaning
In case your floors are left with streaks after cleaning, there are chances that the microfibre pads used were not clean and dry.
For the best result use clean and dry pads. In case you want to replace the microfibre pads make sure the cleaner and cloth is cool then remove any debris that could have been caught in the cloth before affixing the new pad.
Look out for the microfibre to reduce chances of it being oversaturated because if it does, the handle will start flexing. Handle flexing reduces the efficiency of the X5 Mop and it will be advisable to change the cloth. The pads supplied are machine washable. It is better to just wash them without using any bleach or softener.
What Sets Thane Steam Cleaners Above Similar Gadgets?
The thing that really makes Thane steam cleaners to stand out is the assortment of scents that comes with it. The fragrances are specifically designed to get rid of all kinds of odours.
Using cutting edge technology in which the jetting pressure seeps deep down into surfaces like carpets and upholstery but yet leave them dry after a few minutes, the fragrance scented released by the x5 cleaner settles deep down on carpets/upholstery to remove all odours.
Approved by Leading Consumer Experts
Longstanding consumer experts like “Which” and the “Good Housekeeping Institute” have given Thane Steam Cleaner a rubber stamp of approval. It was crowned with the most prestigious award of being the 2014 Product of the Year, recognition for its top quality and innovation .
These consumer experts take the gadgets through paces, testing it on known tough oily and sticky stains. After the tests experts agree that this product:
- Produces a powerful pressure.
- It dries surfaces quickly without leaving water residues.
- Stands upright without the need for support.
The cleaning clothes and micro pads fit squarely on the floor head. They effortlessly adhere to the base.
The good housekeeping Institute rated it as among the best performing in battling stubborn stains in their multifarious tests on different cleaners.
The only downside noted by these consumer experts was the relatively low cleaning time of 15 minutes.
Thane H20 X5 Steam Mop Suitable for All Floor Types?
With the variable control setting, the thane steam cleaners can be used on most floor surfaces. All you have to do is to adjust its steam setting to the level required for your floor type.
- Ideally delicate floor types like laminate require low control setting. While for carpets you can shift its gears up.
- You can work through granite, laminate, marble, stone, linoleum. Parquet, ceramic to sealed hardwood floors by simply flipping the buttons to the appropriate setting.
Anatomy of the H20 X5 Steam Mop As Seen On TV
- The X5 steam mop is a 2 in 1 cleaner that easily converts into a hand cleaner.
- It uses ordinary water to produce steam that dislodges all tough stains and seated grime.
- It sanitises floors by killing 99% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces,
- It deodorises your carpets using specially designed Thane steam mop scents.
Thane Direct X5 Steam refreshes fabrics and upholstery. It can clean literally all parts of the house from windows, floor, kitchen worktops, hobs, ovens, bathroom, shower cubicle, toilet rim, bathroom tiles, grouting and even your car alloy wheels.
The x5 steamer is lightweight (2.5 kgs) and easy to manoeuvre. It has a triangular head that easily reaches hard to access areas. It is powered by a 1200 watt motor (the new H20 HD has 1500 watt power) which heats up in 20 seconds to give you 15-20 minutes of continuous cleaning. It has a 450 ml water tank. It also features a decent power cord of 6 metres.
Consider These Before Using Your Thane Steam Cleaner
The jetting pressure produced can remove wax on surfaces, therefore if your floors are treated with a wax finish; you are best advised not to use your cleaner on waxed floor surfaces.
Unsealed surfaces should be avoided when using the x5 cleaner. And on top of that, the cleaner should not be left standing on heat sensitive surfaces before it cools down.
In summary, the h20x5 is quite popular with customers. It is widely reported that by January 2014, they had sold well over eight million steam cleaners worldwide. This is a statement of the confidence customers have in Thane steamers.
The Thane steam cleaner have notched their product up. They now have an elite cleaner called H20 HD. This is a sleek cleaner that has a foldable handle, 1500 watt motor power, a built-in water filter, a removable water tank and wider angled floor head for more cleaning power and convenience.
Whichever way you look at it Thane h20 x5 steam cleaner is a compelling cleaner that is not only the first one to win the product of the year award in the 2014 steam mop category but has also sold ten million steam cleaners in the past few years.