Before reading detailed reviews below, first;
Get to know the current price first of the top 5 best Vax steam cleaners as seen on Amazon today (detailed reviews below). I have added the top 5 Vax steamers here for you to be able to quickly distinguish why each one differ in prices as we review the key features, and pros and cons of each product below.
Vax Steam Mop Reviews
1. Vax Steam Fresh Combi Steam Mop Reviews
The Vax steam fresh combi steam mop, s86-sf-c, is both a floor steam cleaner and a handheld steamer hence the name ‘combi’ meaning combination.
Basically, the steam fresh combi s86 sf c is an improved version of the former best selling Vax S86-SF-CC Steam Fresh Combi Classic 10 in 1 steam mop.
The Vax 15 in 1 steam cleaner was crowned as the best home steam mop in 2014 by the leading consumer research giant “Which” after extensive research and analysis. Since then it has always topped the best sellers ranks among the best rated steam mops and steam cleaners in the UK Market.
It is packed with exciting features that will make your cleaning tasks effortless and fun.
- The Vax Steam Fresh Combi 15 in 1 S86-SF-C Steam Cleaner is a 2 in 1 multifunctional cleaner that comes with a 15 piece accessory tool kit. The kit gives the S86-SF-C added functionality. It has two tanks, one for detergent and the other for water.
- It uses specially designed patented Vax detergent that is blended with different welcoming scents (citrus burst, Lime zest and spring fresh).
- It is fitted with a nifty variable floor setting. This setting enables you to choose the amount of hot vapour to release on your floors. This makes it suitable for most floor types including sensitive flooring like laminate floors. It also has an in-built floor scrubber for you to spot clean any ingrained stains and caked in dirt.
- It can complete 15 different cleaning tasks in your house which means you can accomplish all your cleaning tasks with just one gadget. You can clean your windows; steam your upholstery, mattress, kitchen worktops, tile grouting, shower cubicle, refresh carpets and spruce up your car alloy wheels.
- It kills 99% of all germs on your surfaces and comes with a Vax detergent that cleans far much better and kills 37% more bacteria on your floors than most floor cleaning mops in the market. This alone will provide healthy spaces for your family and pets. It also battles dirt and grime on your surfaces and not only leaves them stunningly clean but also gives them a welcoming fresh citrus scent. The scent can last up to seven days.
- The S86-SF-C has 8m long cord (the longest of all the floor cleaners in the UK market). With such a long cable you can cover wide areas in your domestic spaces without the need to plug and unplug when changing sockets. The long cord makes the s86-sf easy to manoeuvre and a joy to use. It also has swivel head steering for easy navigation around tight spaces like table legs and under sofa seats.
- It is durable and effective. It comes with an iron-clad two year manufacturer guarantee. All you have to do is to register your electric mop at the manufacturer’s website to activate the guarantee. This gives you peace of mind with the knowledge that you can use your s86 for at least 2 years and in case it breaks down you are covered by the manufacturer’s guarantee. Most customer feedbacks indicate that the customer service desk at Vax is quite helpful.
Cons: The few negative things about the Vax steam fresh combi are:
- It is relatively heavier than other lightweight cleaners. It weighs 3.7 kgs.
- The Vax detergent though cheap can add up in cost overtime and make it expensive. However you can use the Vax combi steam mop without detergent and yet achieve spectacular results.
- Its hand-held cleaner does not use Vax detergent. The Vax detergent is only used on the floor mop. However, the idea behind hot vapour mops is to use only hot vapour to kill 99% of all germs and bacteria on your floors without the use of detergents. So even without the Vax detergent you can still kill all germs and bacteria on your surfaces using steam only to make your surfaces germ free and gleaming.
2. Vax 10 in 1 Steam Mop Reviews
Some of the things you will love about using the Vax 10 in 1 steam mop also referred to as the Vax s86 sf cc steam fresh combi classic is its unique steam and detergent technology ensuring easy cleaning, 7m power cord making it easy to move around the house while cleaning, 0.3 litre water tank capacity, variable control with overheat protection, and manufacturer’s 2-year guarantee.
We have researched over 200 customer feedback from major UK online stores like Amazon, Lakeland, Little woods and the manufacturer’s website and come up with a comprehensive Vax 10 in 1 steam cleaner reviews. There is also the Vax VRS29M 10 in 1 steam mop. To get to know about the Vax 10 in 1 also referred to as the Vax s86 sf cc better, let us first consider what benefits you will get when you buy one.
This Vax fresh combi classic comes with a 10 piece accessory kit for every cleaning job around the home from ovens and hobs to taps, tiles, grout, kitchen worktops/surfaces, and flooring.
- It uses specially formulated steam detergents to eliminate 99% of harmful bacteria for up to 7 days.
- The unique steam and detergent technology and an angular floor head helps eliminate stubborn stains and gives your home a citrus fresh fragrance.
- The steam fresh combi classic includes a washable microfibre cleaning pad that removes stubborn dirt to leave your floors streak-free and sparkling.
- Angular floor head gets into hard to reach areas for a more thorough clean.
- It is powered by a 1600 watt which heats up the water into vapour in 20 seconds.
- The twin tank will give you 15 minutes of uninterrupted cleaning time.
- This steam cleaner comes with a 7-meter power cord, enough to clean wide areas in your house. With such a generous cable wire, there is no need to plug and unplug once you start cleaning.
- The Vax steam fresh combi classic s86-sf-cc steam mop comes with a carpet glider to refresh low pile carpets.
Key Features/Pros and Cons of the Vax s86 sf cc
The 10 in 1 steam cleaner is an old version of the best selling Vax 15 in 1 steam cleaner (reviewed below).
- It features cutting-edge twin tank technology. What this means is that you will have two tanks, one for specially designed detergents and the other for water so that when you clean, your floor is left with a lovely spring scent.
- The thing that really makes this Vax steam fresh combi classic a powerful is the versatile accessories kit.With the help of these accessories, you can use the cleaner to clean your kitchen worktops, cupboards, ovens, hobs, kitchen hood, grouting, tiles, windows, shower cubicle, toilet rim, car alloy wheels, upholstery, blinds and even mattresses.
- The Vaxs86 sf cc employs swivel steering technology that makes the cleaner glide effortlessly with minimal elbow grease.
- It has an angular head that easily cleans hard to access places like under/around table legs or in corners.
- You get to use specially produced trademark Vax detergent that has been scientifically been proven to clean 37% better than most ordinary vapour cleaners
- You get 2 years guarantee when you register your Vax at the manufacturer’s website. How is that for peace of mind?
- It is relatively heavy at 3.7 kgs as compared to the Vax steam mop s7 of 2.7kg
- You can only use the detergents on the floor mop and not on the handheld cleaner.
Here is what is contained in the Vax 10-in-1 steam mop accessories kit:
- One microfibre pad.
- A carpet glider.
- A Metal brush.
- Small plastic brush.
- One large plastic brush.
- One window/upholstery tool.
- One window/upholstery cloth.
- A scraper.
- A concentration tool.
- Grouting brush.
- A nozzle for detailed cleaning.
- An accessory bag and
- Vax detergent.
In summary: The Vax 10 in 1 steam mop is packed with reliability and versatility, no wonder it has a high customer star rating of 4.2 which means that 84% of all the customers who have bought this gadget are quite happy with what they bought.
Vax steam mops come with a solid 2-year manufacturer guarantee, so you have enough time to fiddle around with it.
At the discounted price it going for (less than sixty quid), two years is long enough to justify a good return on investment if you buy this Vax steam fresh combi classic steam mop s86-sf-cc .
3. Vax 7 in 1 Steam Mop Reviews
- The s7 features angular floor head for efficient cleaning of hard to reach areas.
- It has a long electric code (7 metres) enough to cover large areas without having to plug and unplug your sockets.
- Comes accompanied with 7 part accessory kit with 16 cleaning tools. The accessories can be customised to clean not only your floors and tiles but also grout, windows, mirrors, shower, hob, cooker, oven and other kitchen appliances.
- It comes with a squeegee, a scraper, hose, pads, a cooling tray, carpet glider, the hand held cleaner and over seven pieces of accessories for the hand cleaner.
- Compared to other Vax mops, The Vax S7 has a shoulder strap that gives you the freedom to use your other hand- while one hand holds down the control button to speed up your cleaning.
- It is suitable for most hard floor types. Wooden flooring, sealed laminate, tiles and lino.
- Comes with a solid 2 years guarantee. This alone not only gives you peace of mind but also gives an indication that this gadget is built to last.
- You don’t need to use Vax detergent with the Vax S7 steam mop. You are advised just to use cold water only.
- Compared to the Vax steam fresh combi, the s7 does not have variable floor setting that enables you to regulate the heat released to the floors.
- The button on the hand held cleaner has to be kept pressed on for the hot vapour to jet out continuously.
- The instruction manual that is supplied with it is not very comprehensive. You have to check for more information online if you need it.
Vax S7 Steam Mop Overall Verdict My final thoughts about the Vax s7 steam mop are that it is good value for money.
- It is quite versatile.
- It is a multipurpose cleaner with a seven piece accessory kit that can be used to clean your hard floor surfaces, windows, upholstery and bathroom.
- You can use it to refresh your carpets and clothes.
- It has an appropriate long electric cord to give you added flexibility.
4. Vax 10 in 1 VRS29M Steam Mop Reviews
The Vax 10 in 1 vrs29m steam mop is a Total Home Master steam cleaner;that comes with a 10 piece accessory kit for the ease of cleaning of every household. It has a large sizable angled floor head that easily reaches hard to reach areas.
- The vrs29 cleans hard floors and carpets with the use of a carpet glider included in the accessories pack.
- It includes a wire brush, a nozzle, and a squeegee tool for cleaning windows.
- The cleaner easily cleans up grime and greases.
- It can be converted into a handheld cleaner to perform other cleaning tasks other than mopping floors.
- You get two microfiber pads which are perfect because they are reusable and can be washed easily by tossing them in the washing machine.
- It comes with a wire brush as an accessory. A wire brush is not only long lasting than a fibre/plastic brush but is quite effective in cleaning grout.
- It has a carpet glider that is quite good in refreshing carpets. Your carpets will look like new and refreshed. However for a deep clean you need a dedicated carpet cleaner/ washer.
Key Features/ Pros and Cons of the Vax VRS29M 10 In 1 Steam Cleaner The VRS29M Vax steam cleaner is both a floor steam mop and a handheld steamer.
- It is powered by a 1500 watts that heats up in only 30 seconds and can give you up to 12 minutes of continuous cleaning
- The VRS29M by Vax has a reliable handheld cleaner that detaches with ease.
- It can clean grout, kitchen worktops and white goods (hob, oven, microwave etc) and upholstery. You can also refresh carpets, clean windows, grout and shower cubicle with it. It is quite efficiency in cleaning.
- It provides extra maneuverability due to its swivel head steering and long 6m power cord.
- It has a handy storage case for hassle free storage.
Cons: When cleaning high places the pressure jet flow of the hot vapour is not great as you have to position the cleaner vertically.
How does the vrs29 steamer work ? It is a multifunctional cleaner that can be used on different of surfaces.
- You can easily clean the floors, windows, tiles, grout etc.
- You can also detach the handle of the Vax vrs29m with the press of a key. Press a button to release hot jetting vapour.
- It is perfect on sealed hard floors. You can also clean all types of floors with it by managing how you release the hot vapour. You achieve this by pressing the button a little bit then making dry passes without hot vapour.
- The steamer heats up in less than 30 seconds to give you decent continuous cleaning time of 12 minutes which is enough to spruce up a standard room. It is much more effective and easy to operate.
In summary: The Vax vrs29m 10 in 1 steam cleaner works effectively on every surface and leaves your surfaces sparkling and hygienic.
- It is eco-friendly; you don’t need any chemicals to make your floors sparkling, just use hot vapour. You can use Vax detergent that comes in three flavours (citrus, Lime and Zest) that will leave your floors with a nice fragrance.
- It kills 99% of all germs and bacteria on your floors to give you healthy spaces for your family and pets.
- Easily glides on your floors for easy maneuverability. The swivel steering makes twisting the cleaner at angles an effortless task. It can save you cleaning time.
- It is portable and can be carried anywhere in your domestic space.
- It is an instant cleaning solution that will make your grout looking like new and leave your floors gleaming. You don’t have to use cleaning solution but if you are up to it, you can grab a Vax detergent as a cleaning solution that will leave your house with a fresh fragrance.
- This steam cleaner provides value for money at the low price point it is currently going for.
- The vrs29m steam cleaner has a high customer approval by people who have used it. 84% of the people who have bought this Vax steam cleaner give it positive feedback. They say it is perfect for floor cleaning and that the floors dry really quickly (in less than 3 minutes). You can check this Vax on Amazon where it is currently highly discounted
5. Vax S85 CM Steam Mop Reviews
The three in one comprises of a dedicated floor cleaner, a nifty fully kitted handheld cleaner and a reach wand for all those high spaces like ceiling and tight spaces like under furniture fittings. So far the S85-SF-R has emerged as the best seller in the steam cleaning range.
Other key features are compact brush and steam boost for ingrained dirt, a wide range of accessories for clean any place in your domestic space and variable floor control on the handle for ease of control. In spite of newer versions, the Vax steam fresh combi continues to be a favourite among consumers. It is a best seller in major outlets in the UK like Amazon and Argos.
Vax S86-SF -C, 15 in 1 VS S86-SF- CC, 10 in 1 Steam Fresh Combi Classic
Should you buy the Vax steam fresh combi classic 10-in-1 steam cleaner or Vax S86 SF C 15 in 1 Steam Fresh Combi Steam Mop? A few notable differences between the Vax s86 sf cc 10 in 1 steam fresh combi classic and the Vax s86 sf c 15 in 1 steam cleaner are:
- The Vax S86-SF-C steam fresh combi has a power cord that is 8m while the Vax S86-SF-CC has a 7m power cord.
- The Vax S86-SF-C Steam Cleaner and the s86 sf cc both have a 0.5litre water tank capacity.
- The Vax 15 In 1 Steam Cleaner and the Vax 10 in 1 both heats-up in 20 seconds to give 15 minutes cleaning time.
- The 10 in 1 does not have steam control setting; there is only on and off button when compared to the 15 in one that has steam control setting to aid you select amount of steam depending on the floor type.
- On both of them; you need two hands to operate the handheld steamer.
- They both weigh 3.7kg and powered by 1600watts motor
- The s86 sf c has a built-in compact brush for cleaning tough stain while the s86 sf cc the compact brush comes as an accessory.
What’s more? The Vax S86-SF-CC has an angular head that makes it easy to clean hard to reach places. In fact, with the S86-SF-CC, you can clean practically any area around the house. Starting from ovens and hobs to taps, tiles, grills and flooring of all kinds, this device definitely proves its efficacy. Vax 10 in 1 comes with a 2 year Manufacturer’s warranty for peace of mind.
Vax s86 sf c Vs. S85-SF-R Vs. S84-W7-P
The key difference is that the newer version has a wand to help reach tight spaces and high ceilings. The wand can be used with a host of accessories like the window cleaner (squeegee) or hard bristle grout brush to clean high windows and grout in tight spaces. The Vax Steam Fresh Power Plus steam mop S84-W7-P has a 360 degree handheld tool that enables you to clean from any angle. The newer versions have an extra steam boost to enable you tackle tough stains and dirt. Unlike the 15 in 1 the fresh power and the Vax fresh power plus have a wall mount function because they are not as free standing as the Vax 15 in 1. The other set of floor cleaners produced by Vax are cylinder cleaners: The Vax S6S and Vax S5 Kitchen and Bathroom Master Compact Steam Cleaner . Typically these cylinder cleaners are quite portable because they roll on wheels. They also have onboard accessory storage kit and a larger water tank than standing cleaners which also gives longer continuous cleaning time than stick hot vapour mops and cleaners. The key difference between the Vax S5 and Vax S6S is that the S5 is more compact and has a slightly smaller water tank. It also has fewer accessories compared to the S6. While the S6 has 20 accessory tool kit for all kinds of cleaning the S5 has only 16. The S6 gives you 40 minutes continuous cleaning time while the S5 gives you only 30 minutes continuous cleaning time.
No doubt Vax steam mops do an effective job of cleaning floors. They kill 99.9% of all germs and bacteria on your surfaces without chemicals. What is even better is that with the specialised detergent that is supplied when you buy a brand new Vax mop, your gadget will clean 37% better than most cleaners.