Here is our detailed Pifco steam mop reviews: See how the Pifco 12 in 1 steam mop compares to the older version, the Pifco PS001 6-in-1 Steam Mop, 1300 W - White.
Pifco Steam Mop Reviews
Pifco 12 in 1 Steam Mop Reviews
The Pifco 12 in 1 steam mop is an improved version of the former Pifco 10 in 1 steam mop . The 12 in 1 combines an electric steam cleaner and a handheld steamer. It can be used to clean floors of different types- tiles, wood, concrete e.t.c- and other greasy surfaces around the household- think bathrooms, sinks and the likes.
The Pifco Steam mop 12 in 1 has adjustable steam settings that let you control the amount of steam that the cleaner setting.
- It features an extra-long power cord that measures up to 5 metres long making you be able to reach the hard-to-reach areas and corners in your house.
- It has a heat up time if about 20 to 30 seconds giving you the power to do more work in less time.
- Has a bigger tank, 0.4 litre to help you clean a larger area faster
- You can use it to clean your tiles, sealed laminate flooring, or even sealed wood.
- It features 'triangle' shaped head that enables you to reach otherwise inaccessible corners around the house. This, combined with the long handle, saves you from acrobatic cleaning postures. It enables you to reach awkward corners ensuring all your surfaces are cleaned.
- It has no lag time and is ready to use 30 seconds after you plug it in, hot enough to kill bacteria and remove sticky dirt without using extra products.
- The steam is adjustable and the on/off power switch allows you to take breaks.
- It is easy to use in different surfaces eliminating the need to have different cleaning tools for different surfaces. With this steamer, you can attach different accessories for different surfaces.
- Light hence easy to move around, with attachments like brushes for extra cleaning.
- Its 1500w power system enables adequate heating of steam which aggravates grease, dirt and other deep lying particles from surfaces.
- It deodorizes as well as sanitizes surfaces
- Its hose handle is not sturdy enough and demands careful handling.
- Its power cord is not long enough to work in large rooms compared to Vax steam mop with up to 8m cord.
Basically, the 12 in 1 Pifco multifunction steam cleaner helps you to clean without the squeegee and bucket hassle, which are catered for by the electric feature. Still, different steam cleaners give different results, and are suited to clean different types of services.
Check the Pifco 12 in 1 on Amazon
Pifco 6 in 1 Steam Mop Reviews
The Pifco 6 in 1 steam mop is an old version of the Pifco 10 in 1 Steam Mop. The Pifco 6 in one steam cleaner is a nifty gadget that you can afford even on a tight budget.
It is powered by a 1300 watt motor that heats up in 20-30 seconds.
- It has a 5 meter power cord and a 400 ml water tank that can give you between 15-17 minutes of proper cleaning without any interruption.
- It is multifunctional and can clean a number of places in your house. It can clean sealed hard floors, windows, refresh carpets, clean upholstery, garments and even blinds.
- It has variable control settings. Indeed it has 4 levels of control to cater for different flooring types (hot spray, high, medium and low).
- It comes with a detachable handheld cleaner which improves the versatility of this Pifco. You can use it to dust and clean work tops, ovens, hobs, taps, kitchen sinks and grouting.
No pifco 6 in 1 steam mop reviews will be complete without mentioning as many customer reviewers have hinted that though this steam cleaner is sound mechanically it is quite flimsy in it's make and build.
- Its hose split/handle is not sturdy enough and needs careful handling to avoid damage.
- The round nylon brushes supplied in the accessories kit do not hold well. In the Amazon some customers complained of the nylon brushes splaying off after a couple of months use.
The key thing about getting a “best” cleaning gadget is that it should tick the following boxes.
- Efficiency and
Does this Pifco steam mop 6 in 1 meet these conditions? Well lets find out by closely examining this cleaner.
Like most cleaners, the Pifco 6 in 1 steam mop kills 99% of all germs on your surfaces.It is a standing cleaner that comes attached with the handheld cleaner.
It has a triangular shaped floorhead which easily accesses hard to reach areas like corners and angled surfaces.
It comes with an extension handle for increased flexibility and a carpet glider for refreshing your carpets. It is also supplied with a number of brushes both angled, hard and soft for different cleaning purposes. A number of replacement pads are included in the package.
Setting It Up
Setting up this Pifco multifunction steam mop is breeze. All you have to do is affix the tube/handle to the body and then join the mop head to it and you are done. The carpet glider is even easier to assemble, just align the glider retaining clips to the floorhead and you are ready to refresh your carpets.
The Pifco handheld cleaner has an on/off power button to enable you clean continuously without having to constantly push down a button in order to release hot vapour. The round nylon nozzles are to clean smooth surfaces while the hard brass ones are for tough surfaces like grouting. You can get a copy of instructions manual online.
The six in one steamer comes with a wide array of accessories that increase the functionality of this gadget. These include:
- A carper glider
- One microfibre pad
- Two round brushes
- A window cleaning tool
- One window cleaning cloth
- One duster
- One duster pad
- One measuring cup
- One garment steaming cloth
- A jet nozzle
- A pin
- An extension hose
The Pifco steam mop 6 in 1 steam cleaner though mechanically sound, it falls short on the construction side of things. The handle seems to be quite fragile.
Though the fact that It is quite multifunctional and can clean multiple surfaces is a solid point, it does not tick the key box of "reliability".
Check the 6 in 1 Pifco mopHere on Amazon