Hoover Steam Mop Reviews: Find detailed reviews of the best selling, top rated, Hoover Steam Capsule 2-in-1 Steam Mop, Grey & Blue and the Hoover Steam Capsule CAD1700D, Mop, Grey & Red, 1700 W.
Hoover Steam Mop Reviews
1. Hoover Steam Capsule 2-in-1 Steam Mop Reviews
The Hoover Steam Capsule 2-in-1 Steam Mop features the cutting edge double head technology. “Two heads are better than one” they say.
- You can change the head shape into either rectangular or triangular shaped head on the fly. The wide rectangular head is wrapped with top quality microfibre pads that smoothly glide over large surfaces.
- It can tilt into both flat and vertical positions to enable you reach underneath tight spaces like below furniture.
- This Hoover steam cleaner is suitable on many hard surfaces, from tiles, linoleum, stone, ceramic, marble to sealed hardwood floors and parquet.
- It comes with a carpet glider for refreshing carpets
- This Hoover steam mop has a 350 litre tank, a bit small compared to 700ml tank of the Hoover Steam Capsule CAD1700D, Mop, Grey & Red, 1700 W. However its small tank still good enough to give you 25 minutes uninterrupted steam time to lift away all dirt on your surfaces.
- Comes with one year guarantee
- It is slightly on the heavy side (3 Kgs); not so bad but could be lighter like Vileda steam mop of 2.1kg.
- it is not suitable for floors treated with varnish
Hoover Steam Capsule 2-in-1 Key Features:
The Hoover Steam Capsule 2-in-1 Steam Mopscores highly on many fronts: it is sturdy, durable, has a dual head and grinds away most stubborn stains. This steam mop is a quality product that will definitely give you value for money. The Hoover steam mop is powered by an impressive 1700 watt motor that produces high steam jet than most average steam mops. It is one of the best products in the steam mop industry at the moment.
- It has a high bar pressure and a glider to speed up your cleaning.
- The proper steam jet and scrubbing brushes that are integrated in the base of the steam mop make even the most stubborn grime to give way.
- The scrubbing brushes can be released by stepping on a foot pedal on the steam mop. The steam mop comes with two machine washable microfibre pads.
- The high temperature steam practically kills all (99.9%) germs and bacteria in its wake, leaving your surfaces properly sanitised.
- The steam jet heats up in 15 seconds
- Activate a trigger on the handle that will release steam on demand.
Over 30 customers who have reviewed this product in both Amazon and other retailers say it is well worth it. They speak of glowing terms about it. They say:
- It has a dual head to give you added flexibility
- Powerful steam jet
- Long cable for easy manoeuvrability
- Employs the intelligent twist and steer technology to twist and turn into tricky angles without much of your effort.
- Easy to set up
- Big tank size to give you long uninterrupted steam time.
- It’s durable and easy to maintain
- Saves you time and is easy to store
- It has a fast heat up time.
- The Hoover steam mop only weighs 3 Kgs, a bit heavy but ok.
You will be impressed with the inbuilt steer and twist technology that makes the mop to turn intelligently round tricky places; you don’t have to keep twisting your arm as you navigate around your tables and seats. The triangular shaped head is stuffed with scrubbing brushes that scrub away any stain or grime. This gives you a superb way to clean both hard to reach corners, using triangular shaped head, whilst also covering large areas with the rectangular shape to save you time. You can scrub difficult to remove dirt with both the scrub and steam power. This way, you'll get spectacular dirt-free surfaces with every clean.
Suitable on Most Hard Floors:
TheHoover Steam Capsule 2-in-1 Steam Mop dual head is suitable on many hard surfaces, from tiles, linoleum, stone, ceramic, marble to sealed hardwood floors and parquet. It can also be used on carpets. However, it is not suitable for floors treated with varnish.
Increased manoeuvrability, durability and ease of use
This 2 in 1 steam mop is well endowed with a long 7 meter electric code that gives you the freedom to move from room to room without having to unplug your sockets.
You can use the steamer in both flat and vertical positions to reach beneath low furniture in your house. Never again will dirt linger under your sofas or bed because you can’t access such tight spaces.
When you get one of this Hoover steamer you can have peace with the knowledge that your steam mop will last you for a while.
The steam cleaner has an inbuilt water purification component that stops lime scale from building. This steam mop is easy to manage and prolong its life. Setting up the steam mop is a breeze, there are only three parts to fix together and you are done and dusted.
The Hoover Steam Capsule 2-in-1 Steam Mop comes with two replaceable machine washable pads. When these run out, you can get replacement pads at an affordable price at Amazon.
- The pack has both a high and medium density microfibre pads. The high density pads are most suitable for wooden floors while the medium density ones work well on tiled floors.
- As always, it is advised to vacuum your surfaces before steam cleaning for the best results.
- All in all if you have realistic expectations, this team mop will not disappoint.
2. Hoover SteamJet 2in1 Steam Mop Reviews
The Hoover Steam Capsule CAD1700D, Mop, Grey & Red, 1700 W is moreless same as the Hoover Steam Capsule 2-in-1 Steam Mop reviewed above with few minor differences.
- While this Hoover Steam Capsule CAD1700D has a 700ml water tank that heats up in 30 seconds to give you 50 minutes steaming time, the CA2IN1D has half of it, 350ml tank that heats up in 15 seconds to give you 25 minutes cleaning time.
- The CAD1700D lack a handheld cleaner while the Hoover Steam Capsule 2-in-1 Steam Mop includes one.
- The CAD1700D includes a turbo boost and compact storage while the CA2IN1D lacks these 2 important features
- With the CAD1700D, you get 3 replacement pads while the CA2IN1D, you get only 2. You can always buy more later on-demand.
- They are both powered by a powerful 170o watts motor, both weigh 3kg
- Hoover Steam Capsule CAD1700D is the cheapest by 10 quid less
Unlike other steam mops, the pads of the Hoover steam mop are held together by Velcro clutches to the steam mop. This ensures that the base pads do not come off easily when steaming.